Search results for query: *

1. Sicnarf

How to play on super difficult mode.

For early game before you get some good armour.
    Did not see you mention do not attack 5+ ranged units it's to easy to die.
    Be prepared to grind out lots of money/loot and experience against looter and sea raiders with a lance as their the only neutral that don't have bows and never have horses.
    Don't solo 10+ of the above mentioned neutral until you have a hunter and a lance, then it's just lots of fun.
    I only use a bow or lance until I have a decent set of armour then I start leveling my chosen melee weapon
    Winning a tournament is possible at low levels but requires luck, I ended up one on one sword/shield V sword/shield with branton and the guy could attack so much faster than me that I would block his attack with my shield, attempt to hit him and he would attack me again before I could land my blow! Good luck getting out of range of him once your that close. Moral of the story only bet for the first 3 rounds the gains are still good.
    If your going to Alt+F4 on realistic saving don't bother enabling realistic saving it's a waste of time just stick with normal saving, I tried realistic saving and found it killed my enjoyment.
  2. Sicnarf

Sudden price jump at vendors?

On second thoughts don't bother I tested it myself.
    I don't have the full picture but I'v got the general idea.
    The lower your relation with a fraction the worse trade in any of their shops becomes, however once I captured the town for myself the prices frooze at their current level of hatred for me and would not get worse no matter how much I annoyed their side, but the prices did not go back to their pre war levels either. I captured the town with no liege so I was a rebel so I don't know if that made a diffrence.
  3. Sicnarf

I also care.
    If you don't mind doing some testing I have a theory, since Suno was originally a swadian town perhaps your negative relation with Swadia affects all the prices in Swadia.
    Simple way to test is to enable cheats so you can Ctrl+left click teleport and Ctrl+T to view all.
    Load up the game before the price change, enable Ctrl+T to view all, find a caravan or farmer group belonging to the Swadians, cheat teleport to it and attack it but don't actually enter combat, when it gives you the screen to attack or leave just leave. You will stil get negative relation with Swadia for doing it, then you will be back on the main map and you can attack/leave again to keep getting negative relation I think the max is 99. See if doing this raises the prices in Suno and Tihr, my bet is that Suno will get worse and Tihr will stay the same because it's originally nord. Makes a kind of sense I suppose and you can always reset the problem by wiping out the Swadians entirly  :evil:
  4. Sicnarf

This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

1)Lances have been covered many times you are doing it wrong.
    2)Food being bugged has also being covered.
    3)To much peace? Couple of ways around this.
    Keep asking lords for quests, the nasty one's who like money and they may give you the war quest. Don't ask the honorable one's they won't give it to you.
    Personally I just attack one of the potential enemies caravans about 3-5 times and then start taking their stuff from them, if you can't handle taking on an entire side without backup just stick to asking the slimy lords for quests.
  5. Sicnarf

Some questions regarding tactics (updated)

Archery is the best ranged weapon you can use full stop, you can build a character around archery but not around throwing due to low ammo per bag. Throwings real use is if you have one spare weapon slot.
    It's all about available weapon slots, if you use a lance you NEED a melee weapon as well in case you become unhorsed, your most likely going to want a shield as well which means you only got one slot left and if you want ranged damage you fill the last slot with throwing. Some pople don't bother with a shield and have Lance, 2 hander, bow + arrows. Personally I go with 2 hander, bow + 2*arrows. Figure what works for you and go with it.
    The above setups are not what you will use from start to finish, early on you will need a shield as you cant take much damage and your armour will suck. So decide on archery or throwing based on how you think you will equip yourself for the majority of the game. Specalise in 2 weapon skill only, any more and you will suck equally at all of them.
  6. Sicnarf

That sounds really strange, prices of equipment should only be affected by your trade skill and your relation with a town. You say it's the same town which rules out relation and your best trade guy is conscious so the only questions I have left to ask is -> Is your hero's trade skill above 2 and is he/she conscious to give the skill bonus to Jeremus?
  7. Sicnarf

Some questions regarding tactics (updated)

Thier is percantage chance thing for troops to join based on how high up they are on the list, but it does not mean that troops at the top will always go first. If it's you + 50 knights + 10 archers + 10 footmen, battle size 50, then your party will mostly spawn as Knights but their will be a couple of footmen and archers as well. Some people in seiges like to place their Surgeon companion at the bottom of the list so he should not spawn untill last so that you have access to his ability for as long as possible.
  8. Sicnarf

Issues with the rebellion

I would not worry about it to much, they will do something stupid eventually like attack a caravan/farmers an lose or someone they are at war with will kill them. Just get on with the taking over of the world and in a few days, weeks or months you will get the message saying their side is no more.
  9. Sicnarf

Stupid question about claimant relationship

Just give him a castle somewhere at the back of the your new world or even better in a corner, it will still auto garrison. Perhaps a town might be a better idea as it will generate a garrison of about 300 and it's unlikely to be attacked.

Myself I just assign all the Towns/castles/fifes equally but keeping a few strategic towns for myself, the claimants holding auto generate troops anyway and they give me no more trouble to keep that any other lords holdings. Just give him some stuff to stop his whining which is distracting you from the killing.
  10. Sicnarf

Difficulty with late game [spoiler alert - for high level players only]

xorovatz said:
    the big problem
    I can not seem to eliminate any faction. They come back strong from even 1 castle and take back land. So all I do now is run from place to place and take it back. I met only 3 lords who I asked to patrol around towns, but other than that I dont seem to have controls to use any marshal abilities. The siege tower required castles take me 36 hours to build with 9 engineering. If I go ahead with this within those 36 hours a lot of havoc is done by enemies and I seem not able to order Nord lords to siege those castles. How do I eliminate em? Rhodocks for example sit at their 1 castle with the entire set of Lords and spawn army, so 500+ sitting there. If they come out I destroy them, but then it starts again same thing.
    Finish the Rhodocks off and for future wars do not leave a Seige tower place till last, you will be facing all their lords so lots of extra troops and if you fail or have to retreat you then have ages to wait again while rebuilding the seige tower. Currently your screwed just bite the bullet and start wiping sides out you can reclaim anything you lose during the seige build later. The only other choices are to live in this limbo of constant war or quit.

xorovatz said:
    the small questions
    - What else to do with money after you and heroes have all needed equipment? never even hired mercs, its quick just to train / rescue army. Have about 60,000 now with ~7000 per week maintenance. All books are read.
    - By statistics the Vaegir knight is weaker than Swadian. Is Vaegir maybe using two handed or something else?
    Full standard plate for all your companions is good enough combined with the best weapons you can find for them. For yourself I reccomend Lordly plate starting with the guantlets as they give the same advantage as Lordly plate at a fraction the cost. If you have all that already I'd keep my money untill you have a 50k cushion and then then start equipping lordly items on your companions.
  11. Sicnarf

Rear horse key?

Ctrl+J
  12. Sicnarf

Am I the only one who uses default diffcaulty settings?

I like to play all my games on the hardest difficulty and try and see if I can go on without having to quick save load every 2 min and still win. Mount and blade spanked my ass and set me running for half damage. But some time later I took Thir which in previous versions had horrible path finding and forced me to take it almost solo V 300 guys. At that point I figured that I should turn up the difficulty to full and have not looked back since. Something similar will happen to you at some point, you will not find combat as much fun when you can kill 50+ guys solo without even trying. Then when you restart on full difficulty you will have even more suprises waiting for you :razz:
  13. Sicnarf

help dealing with in town ambushes

I'v never been spawn camped by more than 2 bandits in an ambush, the rest always appeared a good distance away, chop, chop head for cover, I don't carry a shield. Early game I do not enter villages/shops when it's dark or just dawn. Barring that I'v never really paid any attention to ambushes, they were just walking money bags as has already been stated. Only thing I can suggest is whatever way your character is designed you must be able to 1 hit kill up to atleast mid level units and always have a ranged attack.
    Perhaps 6+ spawn camping only happens in some places? where did you get mobbed?
  14. Sicnarf

Steppe Bandits and Khergit horsemen, how to beat them?

I just avoid the Khergit steppes untill about mid game, if I have to go in I bring a small group of no more than 10 all mounted and just avoid everything. They are not worth the effort of killing, the combat takes forever unless you use the edge of the map trick due to their run and gun tactics. I find swadian knights do just fine against them if you really must kill them.
  15. Sicnarf

Nords... not so bad...

Lord Mur said:
    Sicnarf said:
    Swadian Knights are the best cavalry and own all open field battles (that includes owning Huscarl's)

For me, that's a load of bull.

Just twenty minutes ago I led my 40 huscarls against 150 swadians. They had about 50 horsemen (men-at-arms/knights). I ordered my huscarls to stand on a slight slope (where the acceleration of the horses charge would be slowed, if only a little) and ordered them to stand as closely together as possible. The horsemen charged into my little group, knocking down 4 but not wounding/killing any. Then, death happened and the horses were murdered (the riders were wither sliced by a whirlwind of axes or their horses cut from beneath them and they themselves then massacred)
    Over all my casualties were: 6 Nord Huscarl (5 wounded, 1 killed)
    I won the battle with EASE

I would like to point out that I also mentioned ->

Sicnarf said:
    I believe the general consensus assuming you are controlling the units is that. (with a player controlling them almost any high tier troops will kick ass)

IMHO a human player controlling an army of swadian knights would stomp another human player controlling an equal sized army of Nord Huscarls, thats assuming of course no river or hills large enought to mess up the charge and everything else being equal. A knight army is faster and could avoid fighting on terrain that is not of their choosing anyway. If I had to face an army of Nord Huscarls with an equal sized army of something else I'm bringing Swadian knights. For all other situations I'm bringing Huscarls which are my favourite unit.

Also here is a link to testing that was carried out by one of the forum members in version 0.9 Nord Huscarls could randomly have bows back which makes things a little diffrent ->
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,44064.0.html
  16. Sicnarf

Ideal 100 man army

40 Swadian Knights + 60 Nord Huscarls.
    Keep the knights at the top for field battles then put the Nords at the top for Seiges, for ranged units why bother Huscarls and knights do the job much much faster.
  17. Sicnarf

Retreating: When is it smart?

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Sicnarf said:
    When the only other option is defeat.
    If the only other option is defeat then your strategy sucks and running away is only going to postpone the inevitable.

I never said I retreated, I simple answered the question that was asked.

Anyway early game when your character sucks, your armoured in tinfoil you leave a town and the silly pathfinding runs you into 15 swadia Malitia that are going to riddle you with bolts or best case shoot your sumpter horse out from under you I'd take the retreat option if available and come back later when I'm more trained up and better equiped. Everyone who runs away from a force is technically retreating anyway, everyone ends up in that kind of situation more than once it's why early game everyone avoids Kergit lands as the damm stepp bandits are so fast.
  18. Sicnarf

What the hell do they say?

Thanks for the list Ringwraith.

Sorkenlol said:
    Oooh "Personal Belongings" lol, I always thought it sounded like "My men would like a word with you about your purse.. and belongings.."

That one got me to, I'm from Ireland so I had no problem with any of the others but that one is subtle I had to listen to it about 4 or 5 times to be sure.

If you want to hear it yourself it's location is listed below, I'm assuming you have installed to your C drive.
    C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Sounds\encounter_bandit_13.ogg
  19. Sicnarf

Nords... not so bad...

From the many posts on this and similar subjects I believe the general consensus assuming you are controlling the units is that. (with a player controlling them almost any high tier troops will kick ass)

Melee,
    Huscarl are the best foot troops by a massive margin and own at all sieges.
    Swadian Knights are the best cavalry and own all open field battles (that includes owning Huscarl's)

Ranged,
    Dammed if I can remember I don't use any ranged troops, but it was either Vengair marksmen or Rhodonks crossbow men with some recent talk about how Kergits horsed archers have way higher proficency in bows and how dismounted they should kick ass but have seen no proof or testing on this.
  20. Sicnarf

Retreating: When is it smart?

When the only other option is defeat.
Back
Top Bottom