• Order by date
  1. Teala

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

It's looking awesome as ever...keep up the great work.  :grin:
  2. Teala

How famous is the above player?

Jezze said:
    Teala said:
    Hmmm...I am sure I have played with you, but not recently, maybe back in the old days of beta?

Can be, I did play in the beta. What was your MP nick back then? Maybe I can remember :razz:.

MY MP - Teala.  If I recall you use to play on a dueling server a bit and were quite good.
  3. Teala

How famous is the above player?

Hmmm...I am sure I have played with you, but not recently, maybe back in the old days of beta?
  4. Teala

KOA server has a password now?

Ahhh...thank you much, that explains it.  :smile:
  5. Teala

KOA server has a password now?

Why was a password added to the KOA server - anyone know?
  6. Teala

Just a couple of things that still need addressed in Warband.

Crossbows and bows clipping through objects.  Ranged weapons like these should not be able to fire through walls, doors, stances or any object just because the weapon can clip through the object.  Needs addressed. Weapons striking people through walls, doors, gates, etc, etc, etc...  They...
  7. Teala

Will Taleworlds make an MMO? *Video Q&A with Ripper X*

Rend said:
    I think it's a logical step in the future, an mmorpg based on M&B's combat system in a persistent world.
    Would be awsome.

Just please no levels, no gaining artificial skillpoints.
    Those elements only detriment a game, as far as I'm concerned.
    It should be all about player skill, not artficial levels.

Agreed on this to some extent.  I would like some form of advancement in skills - but limited in scope and capped!  No levels though.

They should also have a liege system in place for people to field loyalty.  Also a means for players to start their own towns, gather taxes, raise NPC troops, and gather resources.  Players would actually have to work together as a team for them to be successful.  Give players many ways to participate in the game. 

I think though if Taleworlds really wished to get an MMORPG based on Mount and Blade combat off the ground, they'd have to start simple.    The game world would have to be decent size with many areas for players to start their adventuring from.  This would allow players that wish to start their own kingdom room to do so.  They'd also need to give players basic tools to start, build and maintain holdings(a good guild/kingdom system) would be a must. 

NPC troops like in M&B that are trainable or hirable would be necessary to protect players holdings when they are off-line(unless of course the other player/s invading army have overwhelming numbers).  There has to be a way for players to keep and hold all they have worked toward to some extent - so balance would be critical in this part of the game.

There should also be a bounty system in place and a consequences for being a bandit/outlaw player.  I mean sure we'd want some people to play the baddies of the land, but it should be a very harsh existance - but the rewards could be greater.

Also a good tournament system needs to be in place.  So players that wish to travel from town to town and city to city doing tournaments can make names for themselves. 

LOL...Taleworlds should just hire me...I'll design them their MMORPG since I all ready have a design paper written up about an MMORPG based off their game.  ^_^
  8. Teala

Will Taleworlds make an MMO? *Video Q&A with Ripper X*

It would have to be done right.  It would be so easy to screw up.  I think however, if they went with a seamless persistent world, with M&B/UO/Age of Empires game play elements, it would be very successful. 

One of the first things they would have to do though is create a new character customization system.  Simplify it and put in better models. 

I've been one of the biggest proponents of seeing this game turned into a MMORPG and I still am. 
  9. Teala

Best cheap "militia" to garrison town/castle

60 or 65 good Veteran Nord Archers or Vaegir Markman is all you really need for good castle defense, fill in the gaps with about 25 to 40 militia, preferrably Swadian or Nord and make sure you have some infantry on the walls as well upwards of 50+.  Ones that use two handers.  You can hold off armies of massive size with fewer better archers rather than lots of mediocre archers or crossbow users.  Filling a castle with 300+ militia seems ineffecient and very ineffective if you face a decent size force that has a large number of higher trained infantry units that use shields effectively.  With the better archers or crossbowman they are devestating.  The fire faster and are more accurate and do higher damage than your standard militia.
  10. Teala

Any way to make shields unbreakable?

I think, I could be wrong, but doesn't the SP and MP use the same settings for shields?  Beause in MP shields get smashed pretty easily as well in there.  But one of the posters was right, you'll have to alter it via the items.py file to change how much damage it can take.
  11. Teala

Desert Texture Upgrade

OK here are the upgrade textures for the desert, for those that wish to make use of them.

desert.jpg
    desert.jpg

This is the bump version for those that wish to use it for bump texturing of the sand.  Otherwise just take the first image(desert.jpg)and add "_bump" to the name with the "" - then "save as" - desert_bump.jpg - then convert to .dds file.  ^_^

But this is the desert_bump.jpg I use.
    desert_bump.jpg
    desert_bump.jpg

Just copy your current native desert .dds files to a folder for safe keeping.  Then copy and paste these over the native and you are good to go.  The native .dds files will be in your Mount and Blade Warband/Textures folder.

In broad daylight the sand looks like regular sand.  In the late evening and early morning light it sometimes takes on a golden color.  In the night under a full moon it'll go light grey to a dark grey depending on the light.  Looks just like the real deal.  :smile:  Enjoy.
  12. Teala

Native OSP 3D Art Battlefield Priests for Calradia

Holy...no pun intended...crap.  Those are great models.  Can you make bar maids for taverns?  What about a gypsy girl dancer?  BTW - awesome models...some of the best I think most of us have seen in the modeling section.  This with your Highlander stuff is just amazing.  Great work! 
  13. Teala

Desert Texture Upgrade

I thought I would post my desert texture upgrade.  It works in both M&B and M&B Warband.  First I'll post images so you can see what the new desert textures look like. Overhead Travel Map Desert Desert Village If anyone likes this texture...let me now and I'll post the raw .jpg version that...
  14. Teala

Issues with enemy Lords

dPB said:
    Wait are you complaining that you're too slow or that you would rather lords be smarter and keep chasing after you if their numbers in total are larger than your forces, even if, individually, their armies are smaller than yours?

If there are four or five enemy armies in that area of your village trying to plunder it.  When you approach those armies run away like roaches.    Back off and they immediately turn around and head back.  Turn around and charge at them and once again they turn tail.  Here is the thing.  If you are equal in number or one member lower to the highest enemy army, they all charge you.  Clearly they must communicate!  LOL!  It is funny that combined(when I had a few troops more than their largest army), they would out number me 4 or 5 to 1.  Surely the programmers can either have them realize this or do what I suggested in my first post.    Have them think it is unsafe to continue trying to attack the village and g osomewhere else for say a few days.  Is that really to much to ask for...to give some actual artificial intelligents to the MOBs?

15. Teala

Issues with enemy Lords

Ludial said:
    Teala said:
    So I suggest you shut up and try to come up with a way around your problems.

Wow...is this guy for real?  Seriously...I've seen my share of trolls...but this one...this one is special.  Short bus is this way.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  You need some serious anger management little boy.
  16. Teala

If you could kill a noble...

I remember asking for this in the first M&B I had, think it was the first version that they actually sold.  OMG I hated certain Lords like Despin.  Traitorist dog.  Funny thing though...in my latest game I am playing in M&B Warband SP I am doing the reclaiment for Lady Isolla of Suno and guess who was the first to join my little army - yep Despin.  LOL! 

Still wish we had the option to take certain Lords heads - even Kings.  Harlaus would be the first to go.  Rhodoks King would be next.  Guy is constantly going to war and then asking for peace as soon as I start laying waste to his fiefs.  When I stop for a week after he offers peace...he starts right back up again.  ::sigh::
  17. Teala

Issues with enemy Lords

Ludial said:
    hmmm, mebbe you should learn to beat them instead of whining? Personally I have no problem with that, it's realistic(i.e. everyone acts like a total bastard to you) and I've simply found ways to counter them. I find that the harder the game is, the more imaginative and driven Do I have to be to stay on top of it. Which is a good thing. If you don't like evolving, then don't play the game.

Did you even read what I wrote?  Do you even comprehend what I am saying?  Do you think I am whining about actually having to fight them?  I think not.  The problem is catching them!  You cannot tell me that is is cool to be out numbered 5 or 6 to 1 - ever.  It is silly that they will run just because you have one more troop than they have.  It is silly that they will not run if you are equal to or 1 unit greater than you...then they will engage you.  That is not cool.

And no...I do not play this game on easy mode and I also do not do, like some, and faceroll the game with Swadian Cavalry...or use cheats.  All I am asking for is for the games desginers to fix what seems to be a broken games mechanic. 

If you cannot make a comment other than to say stop whining and learn to play....do not comment.  OK thanks.
  18. Teala

Issues with enemy Lords

Why is it that whenever we take a castle of an enemy lord no sooner does a half a dozen of his buddies show up to sack "your" new fief?  Then on top of that, they may only have 30 or 40 in their contingent, per Lord.  So if you have say 45 in your group, the lords, scatter and run.  You...
  19. Teala

Is there any news about Mount&Blade 2?

MadocComadrin said:
    MMO!=grindfest. Take Wurm Online for example: Sure, you could spend a crapload of time leveling up your proficiencies, or you could spend time leveling up to a basic part, specialize in one or two things,  and just hire others to do the work you can't do. I'm not saying that leveling is bad, but it should not be the main focus for a Mount&Blade MMO. (FYI, I consider CRPG in general, a grindfest that caters to whoever has played the longest)

Your logic makes no sense...do you play the single player game?  Do you level your character in it?  Does it take time?  If you answered yes to all these questions...then by your logic the single player game is a grind as well.

To me...there is a learning period in these games.  That is the reason for the leveling.  However, once you get to a certain point you become profecient at playing your character and leveling per se is no longer really necessary.  The reason why we even have to level in these games is because that is a throw back to when pen and paper games had us gain exp and level.    It is just a form of progression.  When you are born you cannot walk at first.  Once you learn to walk you still ahve to learn to run.  Once you get that down, then through further practicve you can walk faster and run faster.  Nobody is just capable of doing something right from the get go.  It is an RPG - meaning roleplaying game. 

Another thing...some people do not like MMO's...cool.  However there are 33 million people subscribed to such games - so a whole lot of somebodies do like them.
  20. Teala

Is there any news about Mount&Blade 2?

MMO elements are not a good thing?  Like what?  Crafting?  PvP?  Building towns and protecting them from other players or NPC MOBs?  Hunting?  etc, etc, etc,

These are the same things people MOD into this game, or try to.

Plus, if you play cRPG then you are doing exactly what you do in any MMO...you level a toon!  What is the difference?

If you actually read what I wrote, all the way to the end, you would see I said add "elements" of games like Dark Age of Camelot(RvR stuff) and Ultima Online(crafting all kinds of stuff) and Age of Empires(players working together to build a community and then protecting it).  The difference is it would use Mount and Blades basic "game play" and "combat mechanics" as its core.  Clearly the current engine would need modified for such a game to exist.  Can it be done...yes it can.  It would just take time and effort to do so and it would be a very successful game if done right with decent graphics and physics. 
Back
Top Bottom