Search results for query: *

1. Mithras

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

I think 6 is a bit harsh but overall the review is right. The combat is just so good (with RBM installed at least) that I'm willing to endure the lackluster sandbox grind.

I think it's a huge missed opportunity that this game works with these hardcoded factions, and not a Crusader Kings or Game of Thrones like feudal vassal/inheritance system which determines the entire strategic layer. Where relationships with other lords are basically your main casus belli, and internal wars are as frequent as external ones.

Well, here's hoping mods or engine titles will fix that. The base game is more of a proof-of-concept for what the engine is capable of, as was Warband.
  2. Mithras

Is it just me or is the combat AI of soldiers really bad?

It's definitely a gameplay changer as far as in-mission battles is concerned; it's a different philosophy I'd say.

Practically all my little tweaks published on nexus have RBM compatibility, I don't play without it enabled; I recommend it whenever I have the chance.

It's really fortunate that RBM exists, but it's sad that what the game offers by default doesn't pass the mark with something as basic and fundamental as the combat system.
    So I tried it, and holy hell it is amazing. It totally addresses my issue in the OP. Awesome job @Philozoraptor!

The balance is kinda warped now mostly because of the armor buffs, so I might consider tweaking those. Also it's way too cheap to upgrade troops now if they end up becoming such tanky behemoths.

I'm wondering, is there also a comparable mod for the economy? Basically a total overhaul that makes it realistic and interesting :razz:
  3. Mithras

I know that the transversal performance issue is something recurrent and plausible, however if you apply RBM you will see a "more logical" AI on the battlefield both at group and individual level. I don't know what kind of black magic the RBM guys have conjured up but I can assure you that I haven't noticed any alteration in performance and my rig is no master race (i7 2600k + 8Gb + 1060 gtx 6Gb + W10).
    Heh, I didn't know about that mod. Will definitely give it a try.
  4. Mithras

I genuinely still don't see anything of what we were told here and here and if for Taleworlds this is working as intended... oh boy... this castle is standing on a foundation of toothpicks ? ? .
    Yeah, I vaguely remembered that patch but it seems like they completely broke it again.

Or the AI just goofs up whenever there is >1 enemies around, which is 99.9% of the time.
  5. Mithras

I feel like all soldiers just run into battle like headless chickens, without blocking or keeping any sort of distance from the enemies. Therefore they die super fast and the melee battle is over in no-time. I always feel like battles would be much better and longer if AI wasn't so suicidal...
  6. Mithras

Any way to restore broken Ironman savegame?

I don't know how you would fix the save, but you could maybe try to use cheats to re-create your character and progress somewhat in a new game. Not sure exactly what all you can do though. Or just accept that "that's how that hardcore ironman game ended, wow so brutal" In the future you can manually make a back up save by copying your save and putting in another folder, you might do that every day or so incase of such **** ups. Or just don't choose iron man since it's a total sham for posers, just don't save scum and make a new save whenever you want.
    You're totally right, thanks for the advice.

I wasn't that far in so I'll just start anew without ironman.
  7. Mithras

Any way to restore broken Ironman savegame?

So my PC crashed while playing my Ironman game, and I guess it just started to save. Now the savegame is broken, when I try to load it I get this message: Is there any way to fix this? The save files seem to be part binary. I tried this mod but instead of the message, the game just crashes...
  8. Mithras

New video from TW

I hope we will also get rebellions of entire clans and alliances breaking away from a kingdom.

It's the perfect solution to snowballing. Once a kingdom gets too big, lords will have less influence and get dissatisfied. So a bunch of lords/clans will team up and break away to form a new kingdom.

Or they defeat the reigning lord and his allies, and then the leader of the rebellion will get the throne of the entire kingdom.

It'll be Game of Thrones level politics to get people to join your side and fight a rebellion.

Please TW, all the ingredients needed for this mechanic are already in the game :smile:
  9. Mithras

What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

Multiplayer on self hosted modded servers.

The combat is so good but the gamemodes are sheit
  10. Mithras

Why isn't the AI Cavalry using Couched lance damage?

Also funny how the AI cav can't run down fleeing opponents because they're cheering on their horses instead of swinging their weapons
  11. Mithras

TW is quiet

It is pretty straight-forward, at least the parts I can see.
    I'lI be honest, I haven't looked at any. But my mental image of the codebase is that it was never purpose built from start to finish due to constantly changing design decisions, and therefore looks like a huge incoherent patchwork of used and unused features. The public announcement of a refactor post-launch somewhat supported that mental image :razz:
  12. Mithras

TW is quiet

I'm not into the whole dead gaem conspiracies here, but I do find it interesting that they make a big announcement of doing dev blog videos, and the third one in they aren't even looking ahead anymore but looking back at some minor stuff that's already been implemented. 'AI is now no longer retarded when it comes to making peace see the forum for details'. Yeah nice dev blog bro.

Anyway, the trend of 8 years of development is just continuing. Stuff will eventually get done but it's taking ages, presumably because the code base is a hot spaghettiful mess.
  13. Mithras

When was the first time you ever played mount&blade

I played the first demo when it came with a magazine on a demo-DVD (or maybe it was even a CD back then?). Must have been 2004.

When black knights were still roaming the lands and I remember there was this one "salt mine" or something, that was just a hole in the ground with one dude in it that would buy your prisoners.

Now I'm 32 and Bannerlord reminds me a lot of that first demo :razz: It will be alright people, just give them time.
  14. Mithras

Half a year into EA and it's still impossible to just play TDM smoothly

My guess is they made something fancy that automatically creates single-round instances depending on online player numbers. So servers don't drain players like BF1 and players end up scattered over several half-full servers.

They should just get rid of that for custom listed servers though... This is the matchmaking console trend ruining the lives of old-school PC players.

We are trying out a solution to migrate players to the next server but I can not guarantee it yet.
    Thanks for the reply, happy to hear!
  15. Mithras

Half a year into EA and it's still impossible to just play TDM smoothly

So why on earth does a TDM server still kick everyone off after a round? Too hard to code map rotation in 2020? So ok, apparently I need to rejoin the server after every round. Fine. But then I can't, because the (new) TDM server doesn't show up in the list for 5 minutes. Ok, then I try to...
  16. Mithras

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Not being able to talk to prisoners between cell bars is fixed.
    Wait, this was a bug? I thought talking to prisoners wasn't possible at all
  17. Mithras

What are the best and worst aspects of BL right now? Share your thoughts on the current state of game.

Best: Combat + Core gameplay loop (basically warbands)
    Worst: Diplomacy. As in, there barely is any. Really hampering the game once you try to make your own faction.
    Please fix: individual soldiers AI on the battlefield. They just die within seconds because they are idiots
    Thoughts: I like the general atmosphere, sometimes I almost fall in love with the game, but then you run into some stupid or unfinished part of the game again and want to quit.
  18. Mithras

I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Remember in early warband the "duel" servers were just DM servers run and policed by community members? That's really all we need.

But even a functional DM (or TDM) with custom servers and map rotation is too much to ask after 8 years of development
  19. Mithras

700 days test e1.0.4 (images) (snowballing)

What needs to be done to prevent snowballing:

Internal struggles for bigger factions
    - having more lords is bigger power struggle, less loyalty, less obedience, etc
    - OR having more fiefs per lord makes them more occupied with ruling them, or fiefs gain more authority
    - like this, even IF snowballing occurs, there is a chance the faction might collapse or break up, which should be a mechanic

Other factions should focus on snowballing faction with some eu4-like aggressive expansion relationship modifier.
Back
Top Bottom