Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is it possible to give books to your companions?  I'd like to give ansen the books that give +1 to surgery and also have him read the book that give +1 to engineering.

If so, how do I do it?
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I am playing as king of pendor and got a couple of sarleon lords to join me after capturing them. 

If they own castles or villages, will they give those up or will those places become part of my empire?
  3. hey everyone still psyched about 4.0

COol, thanks.  I am loving this mod as it is now.  It is much better than the original MB warband.  Funny when Mods are better than the original.

Will finish my first playthrough and am already planning on playing back through and taking a different route.
  4. hey everyone still psyched about 4.0

Is there some kind of synopsis of what POP4 will have different/improved/etc. than the current verison?

Checked the POP 4 stickied thread, but couldn't really find anyhting concrete (Although I dodn't look thru all 127 pages :grin:)
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I am king of my own kingdom.  I have two towns and one village under my personal control.  Is ther a way to send out a patrol to protect the area from bandits?

Also, How do I improve my relations with my town?  And what benefit is there to high relations with towns?

6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

OK, I just tool the last of the empires towns.  They ahve nothing left, but I did not get any message that they are defeated.  They still ahve some lords running around the map.  Do I have to defeat them all before they are "eliminated"?

What are the requirements to defeat a major faction?

I relaesed all the empire lords that I had captive.  I want to officially end them so I can get some of thier lords. 
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

SimonDJ said:
    Have you ticked the "Enable cheats" option in the launcher ???

Yep, I knew I was an idiot!!  Forgot to do that. :grin:

Works now.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Rical said:
    conanthelibrarian said:
    I need a qualis gem to even start getting Noldor weapons, which leads to the quest to find thier secret castle.

So I still need one to get started with him right? 

I ended up wasting one on a castle I gave to a companion to have.  So what is this cheat menu thing you speak of?  A way to get that one qualis gem back?  How does that work?

ctrl+ ` then write cheatmenu,Press camp then cheat menu and find item... search there till you find qualis  to disable cheatmenu use ctrl + ` and type nocheatmenu

OK, I must be an idiot, but I can't get the cheat menu to come up.  I press CTRL ` and can get the command line to come up.  I tried typing "cheatmenu"  AND cheatmenu into the line, pressed enter then pressed the Camp button at the bottom, but still no line that said cheat menu.

What am I doing wrong?
  9. Your Class and Weapon

FOr you guys with rune axes and saphire bows, you basically need 4 qualis gems to get that right?

(one to get mines map, and three to fully upgrade the weapon)

Where did you get all those gems from??  I got two, one from rane and one from red brotherhood.  Are yo guys killing those spawns that often?  They seem ridiculously tough to me, even with 175 guys in my army. 
  10. Problems taking Castle

If you have the time, then go heavy on the archers at first and thin them out, then retreat once your archers run out of arrows. 

Then resiege the castle as they will be restocked with arrows and you can really take out a lot of the higher level guys like that. 

Then charge up the ladder and you should have better troops than them by that point.  And if the castle has prisioners, you can replenish your army losses with them, basically breaking even.

The way I got my first two castles was to take one right after another faction took it.  Then there are 100 guys or less defending, and not that many high level troops.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I need a qualis gem to even start getting Noldor weapons, which leads to the quest to find thier secret castle.

So I still need one to get started with him right? 

I ended up wasting one on a castle I gave to a companion to have.  So what is this cheat menu thing you speak of?  A way to get that one qualis gem back?  How does that work?
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

OK, starrted my own kingdom and I have about 5 nobles that used to be companions.

1.  Will others get upset if I promote a commoner to a noble?

2.  When I give a fief to someone everyone else gets upset.  Or if they get captured they lose one relations with me.  Any way (other than giving them fiefs) to improve relaitons with them.  Winning battle i know will improve it by one, but other than that?

3.  Also, the only minor faciton armies that give me Qualis gems are the ones with the unique spawn leaders listed at the top of the group, right?  The other armies are just annoying and there to make life miserable, correct?

4.  If I defeat Maltise the snake leader and then kill him, will that prevent any more snake armies from being created?  or just his army?  Because right now there are two snake cult armies running around the empire, but his is not one of them as far as I can tell. 

5.  If I need a qualis gem, which is the easiest army to get one from?  I already used the two easy ones to get.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I have two casltes and when I am waring alot I tend to drop off prisoners at my castles. 

What happens to them?  D they get sold by the senechal?  Stay there forever?  Escape after a while?

NOt talking about lords, just regular troops.
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

GOt a quest to get velvet and furs so my wife can help smooth things over with her father.  Well, I go one of each and I can't get her to make it.  Only option that shows up is "lets abandon the gift idea".

What am I doing wrong?
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Well, that sucks about losing my village.  I've got it up and running very nicely right now.

Interesting about Lethadrian.  Hate to lose him as a companion, but that will be a nice noble ally to have. :grin:

How much right to rule should I try to have before going the king route?

So, in order to keep what I have now, I have to take a town/castle that the king refuses me, then take the outraged option?  I can't just ask to be released from my oath and keep my fiefs?
  16. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

OK, I am thinking of going the king route in my game.

I am currently a sarleon vassal with two castles and a village tht are all in close proximity to each other. 

I want to become a pendor culture, since I accidentily started an Order of the Silvermist rangers before I totally understood how those orders worked.

1.  Should I wait until I have a town or more castles before rebelling?  I'm guessing I should wait until the sarleons are at war, since they will probably declare war on me once I leave?

2.  Once I go Pendor culture, can I go to other country's villages and still recruit empire crossbowmen, ravenstern archers, etc, just like I can now?

3.  Can any of my companions become lords, or only certian ones?  And does it matter who I make a lord?

4.  When I took a castle falcondark, we (sarleons) also got the village of vezin with it.  The king gave it to another noble though, not me, even though I got falcondark.  If I rebel, will I get vezin back?  Or is there any way for me to take control of it?

Thanks for all the help.
  17. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

How do I improve my relaitons with the Noldor?

I had Ansen leave my party due to having frederick and Boadice, but I got rid of them so I could pick him up.  But I can't find him anywhere.  When I find someone to ask about companions, frederick comes up, but not Ansen.  Why is that?  Will he eventually return and show up?

Thanks for al the help.  This thread has helped me tremendously so far.
  18. Getting Enough Troops to Take a Castle

Well, I tried to tkae falcon dark which had 400 troops with my 100, thinking I would shoot them and wear them down, but they sallied from the castle and cut me down with all thier high level kiersgard and wardens.

Hmmm... not sure how to overcome that.
  19. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

CrymsonChaos said:
    conanthelibrarian said:
    So charge for infantry won't casue them to go down the ladder, just "try" to but they can't?  That would work well.

I usually try and shoot my bow at frist, then switch to sword/shield once they start to make a beachhead on the wall.

But it is someitmes also too late by that time.

Is there ever a time to fall back from the wall and try to regroup somewhere else?

What type of archers do you have?  Usually, I can sit back and let the archers massacre anything that gets to the ladders, then I fight the enemy off with a long two hander, to stop their advance.  They usually barely get in the castle.

Well, I have some ravenstern archers, and some sarleon archers with Pendor archers.  I need more armored empire crossbowmen, but we (Sarleons) always seem to be at war with them, so it's hard to get any empire recruits.

I need to get a caslte fo my own first though, which is proving quite difficult.  I would like to take falcondark which is near my village, but it has 400 defenders, and I only have about 100 men in my party.  Even with keeping my archers back retreating once they are out of arrows, it still seems like a tall task at 4:1.
Back
Top Bottom