Search results for query: *

1. Modification des touches du clavier (arret immédiat du cheval sur Ctrl-J)

On appelle ça du spam, et c'est interdit par les règles du forum.

Pour répondre à ta question, p-bu, je ne crois pas qu'il soit possible de reconfigurer cette touche. Dans les version précédentes, c'était la touche Ctrl-R, et elle n'était pas modifiable non plus.
  2. HYW - Suggestions

Athrasis said:
    To whoever is doing the coat of arms in this mod,

http://www.heraldique-europeenne.org/Armoriaux/Gelre/Index_General.htm

This is a direct link to a summary of the Armorial de Gelre the oldest existing heraldic documents.
    It was composed in this period so it should definitly be on your 'to view list', if you havent seen it already.  :smile:

(Also once im not this sick anymore ill try my hand at converting some heraldry myself. Ill post the results somwhere in the future.

I made the coat of arms, only 20 of them are included at the moment, but there are around 80 more that will be implemented at some point. Most of them actually come from the Gelre Armorial. I knew the link already, but thanks anyway. :wink:
  3. HYW - Suggestions

Sure, that would be nice. Only problem is that we need a modeler to make new items... So I can't guarantee new falchions will be included in a future release, unless someone volunteers to make them. :razz:
  4. HYW - Suggestions

Some very interesting suggestions there, Van-d-all.

Sallets, frog-helms, burgonets are old helmets from back when the mod wasn't really aiming at historical realism. I think a clean up is in order indeed. Especially now that Native M&B has some wonderful new helmets perfectly suited for the 14th century.

The falchion idea sounds worth implementing too. But I'm not sure about renaming all the swords. Generic names would obviously be much more correct, but I fear players would be a bit lost without names to differentiate them.

Anyway, thanks for your input. :smile:
  5. que contien la version 1.0?

Armagan avait dit lors de la version 0.960 que c'était plus ou moins une bêta du jeu final. Si tu t'attends à des grands changements avec la version finale, tu seras déçu.

Les musiques et les menus ont été refaits, quelques armures en plus par-ci par là, et des nouvelles animations pour l'essentiel. Le reste, c'est la version 0.960 peaufinée.
  6. I think it is time to remove some mercs

I think some of you should read the forum rules again. Especially if you've already received a warning from the Admins.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12250.0.html
    Archonsod said:
    No Spam
    Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. Don't post twice with the same or similar ideas, condense it into one post. Try not to use one word or single sentence answers. Don't post the same thing across multiple boards.
    It is better to post quality rather than quantity. There's an old saying that empty vessels make the most noise. A few well thought out, intelligent posts will do you far more good in the long term than a host of poorly worded posts. A high post count will not confer any special status on you - your fellow members will judge you by the quality of your posts rather than quantity. You will find the infrequent but intelligent posters are often accorded a lot more respect that those with higher post counts but little actual content. The best posts are those which provide something to discuss or add to a debate.
  7. A small request.

The polearms are RR_Raptor65's work, and the sallets you showed were made by Raz. That's the people you need to ask.

And I suggest you use PMs for that kind of things, instead of posting. :wink:
  8. English Claiment for the Throne?

mark259 said:
    Jean 1st, the son of Louis Hutin.

You do know he lived a grand total of four days, right?
  9. HYW - Bug Reports (v6.0)

I gathered a hundred names of historically-accurate lords already, and their banners too. :wink: The chronicles of Jean Froissart were most helpful.
  10. The first Gun Powder Weapon

Like Magua said, the "incredible power" of the English archers has become kinda legendary, but was in fact partly exaggerated. Facts show that the French military defeats were mainly caused by the mediocrity (or worse) of most French commanders of the period.

As Magua said, many nobles considered they could not be defeated by a bunch of peasants weilding weapons dedicated to hunting (namely: bows), and therefore totally underestimated the qualities of longbows. But there was more than mere arrogancy.
    You have to realise that a knight had to pay for his horse, his weapons, his armor, etc. And that wasn't cheap. Many knights fighting in battles were not the elder son of their family, and therefore didn't own any land to pay for these war expenses. Their main income was ransoms. That explains why French knights were so eager to run straight to the melee: they wanted to capture an enemy noble and ransom him, because that was basically the only way they could earn their living.
    There were also many issues with commanders not being obeyed during battles, because some of the nobles they were commanding were of higher nobility, and refused to be issued orders.

I am not saying the longbow wasn't a very good weapon, but the bad French strategy (or the absence of strategy) in front of those longbows was the main reason of the French defeat. There are actually records of battles won by France, although they were facing an army of longbowmen: French simply used a good strategy during these battles.
  11. HYW - Suggestions

I'm pretty sure the same lords get the same banner at every new game. So, it should be possible to give them their names according to the banner they have. Anyway, I don't think it's a priority right now. :razz: I'll send you the list when I can put my hands on it.
  12. HYW - Suggestions

I agree with you, Griff. Actually, most of the lord names in this version are simply incorrect. It's parlty my mistake: I sent Llew2 the new banners I had made, but forgot to send the names of the lords they belong to. So I guess he just tried to come up with a list of names, but he probably didn't have time to make a detailed research.

Many of the current names are either anachronistic, or simply didn't exist. But they will be changed eventually. I have used some of my free time to find more names, and I have now a hundred historically-accurate lords, with their correct banner. I'll get to work on the mod and add them in when M&B 1.0 is out.

PS: Llew2, if you feel like correcting the current names, I can send you the list that corresponds to my banners.
  13. Probleme version 0.960 avec Textures\banners_b.dds

Inutile de poster ton problème dans deux topics.

Quant à ton problème, je pense que tu devrais commencer par essayer de réinstaller la version 0.960, le fichier banners_b.dds est probablement corrompu.
  14. "Cry Havoc..." Warcry soundpack

Do I smell trolling? :wink:

More seriously, I know a English-vs-French-themed mod can easily bring back the old feeling of mutual rivalry. But, so far, I've managed to keep English-hatred and French-bashing to a very low level on this board. And I'd like it to remain this way.
    I know Ealdormann Hussey just intended this as a joke, and I do admit it was pretty funny :razz:, but this kind of things can take a bad turn very fast. So I prefer to draw a clear line
    I'm obviously not going to remove that post, but I don't want this mod to become an excuse for bashing or insults, no matter the side against which it's directed.
  15. Associate villages to town?

Alright, I think I got it.

Thanks.
  16. Associate villages to town?

Hmm, any example of how you would use that? :p
  17. Associate villages to town?

Isn't it possible to associate villages to towns and castles manually? I didn't really looked into it, but I suppose there should be a way of doing this.
  18. Men-at-Arms Armoury [29/12] Pics p31

I really like the idea of giving more distinctive colours to each faction. And those are really nice textures.

Keep it up.
  19. HYW - Bug Reports (v6.0)

Yeah, that's because of Thorgrim's map editor putting the map upside down. I bet Llew2 didn't know it. :lol:
  20. Fedeita's New Armors

Since this had not his place in the Suggestions thread anymore, I created this thread. Feel free to continue the discussion here.

Sidus Preclarum said:
    superb. I like how the blue you're using isn't flashy, and looks like real fabric.
    insomniac said:
    the bright plain red or blue armors in the game. Maybe the old armors should be darker blue/red to fit.

About those too "flashy" colours on the armors. Those textures were made for previous version of M&B. They matched the atmophere of M&B at the time. The lastest versions have added a better lighting system, and most of the armors were retextured to look more dirty and worn. Hence the impression of too flashy colours with HYW's textures.

Don't worry, those old armor textures are going to be updated and improved to fit with a darker atmosphere.
Back
Top Bottom