Search results for query: *

1. hoboistice

Racism as soon as I enter the game

lol, that's pretty funny
  2. hoboistice

Extra skillpoints for Wifey Companion?

Should be able to import/export npcs if you turn on edit mode.
  3. hoboistice

Is it viable to use sledgehammers from horseback?

Sure, though the morningstar is just going to be better. More reach, faster speed, you can 1h it for a lesser penalty, still has blockcrush. Less damage but that doesn't really matter off horseback.
    Courser is good for melee in mp but not so much sp, you want something tankier. Armor doesn't affect speed on horseback but it affects speed on foot through weight, same with Athletics, weapon weight, and Agility.
  4. hoboistice

How is hitstun referred to in source code?

Iirc it increases Power Strike, Athletics, Power Throw (?) but reduces ranged accuracy. Already increased their base strength substantially to increase both damage and health.

How does that second one work?
  5. hoboistice

Fixed "trip on your sword" bug (peace being impossible)

It is when it effectively softlocks you from positively interacting with that faction, as there's no other way of gaining positive relation with the faction.
  6. hoboistice

Idea was to add an increased hitstun threshold to the berserking ability in Viking Conquest.
  7. hoboistice

Fixed "trip on your sword" bug (peace being impossible)

So I ran into this while playing, basically if you piss off a faction normally in Warband you can pay a fee for peace that scales with how negative your rep is, but in Viking Conquest that mechanic was broken. It's in module_dialogues and for some reason checks the faction's relation with you...
  8. hoboistice

It might be a good time to talk about Sturgian Druzhinnik

Warband is distant and I think you've forgotten its defects. It's not as good as in our memory. Firstly, do you remember how hard it is to train non-combat companions? They have to fight in battle or they can't get skill points. Secondly, Warband doesn't have perks.
    I still play Warband, I haven't played Bannerlord in months. Game has lots of ways of gaining xp for your characters, perk system just makes the game grindier.
    You can have mounted shock troops, but they need to be balanced by not having shields and or light armor. Otherwise they steam roll everything much like Khan Guards in melee mode, though to a lesser extent since weapon length is shorter for axes. I believe I toyed around with Druzhniniks being effectively mounted two-handed axemen, but they were too strong in melee combat, but also too vulnerable at same time. Still probably improvement over vanilla since they are generally a waste.
    Much better to have them actually be powerful and unique rather than yet another generic hcav for a faction. Like you say the game is filled with unit redundancy.
  9. hoboistice

Anyone know? damage_interrupt_attack_threshold in module.ini but can't tell what it's called in source.
  10. hoboistice

I think the hard question is that what makes noble infantry outstanding and unique. I never thought about it really. Bannerlord has more units than Warband, but that reduces the uniqueness of each faction. All factions have two similar infantry units, spearman and melee infantry.

I hate it too. It makes nonsense and look very silly. But it has been done and there's nothing we can do about it. At least it's better than Warband.
    Not only do they have too many units for each faction but they don't even do anything interesting with the different factions. There's a lot more interesting unit types they could do that they don't, such as jinetes for Aserai or mounted crossbowmen for Vlandia.

Nah Warband's system is much superior, it's an RPG system as opposed to Bannerlord's perk system, like Morrowind/Oblivion to Skyrim/Fallout 4.
    The attributes you pick affect your playstyle as well as adding benefits themselves, whereas in Bannerlord attributes are just an xp modifier that don't intrinsically do anything.
  11. hoboistice

Druzhinniks shouldn't have their horses removed, but they should have their spears replaced with a long 2-handed weapon like an axe in my opinion. This way, they would be able to perform a unique function of "mounted shock troop", where they can use their mounts to move and reposition quickly and then dismount if the player wishes (and also be more effective in sieges).
    I played around with CTT on the base factions and making Druzhinnik use 2h axes on horseback was decently effective, the reach still allows them to hit infantry and cavalry with great cleave. Also fills a niche that no other faction does.
  12. hoboistice

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Whatever happened to the Long Axes? And I don't just mean another weapon, I mean the functionality. Being able to change between a 2h style weapon and polearm style weapon, with their different grip, swing, and block animations added a nice flexibility to those weapons that isn't present on anything in Bannerlord.
    Alternative modes for melee weapons in Bannerlord in general seem pretty lackluster, with the only ones I can think of being thrown melee, 2h/1h (which has an animation for some reason), and polearm 2h/1h (shield usage).
  13. hoboistice

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Did you read what I write ? And did you really compare total overhauls to some bottom of the barrel mod ? Both in terms of work and quality ?
    Come on, I know this forum is home to bad faith but you're being silly at this point. That's like comparing (taking your example of bethesda games) the waifu mods to the likes of skyblivion or beyond skyrim... which have been in development for over a decade at this point btw
    Dunno why you're so dead set on making excuses for the terrible mod support we've recieved for Bannerlord. Skyblivion and beyond skyrim are also garbage idk why you'd mention em. Porting a crappy game into another crappy game. Just play TR for Morrowind.
  14. hoboistice

the standard for mods has insanely increased
    Lol all those cheat mods sure are high quality man
  15. hoboistice

Without modding capabilities this game would be dead... No joke.
    The modding scene compared to Warband is already a joke. Game's been playable for at least two years and not a single total conversion mod is in a fully playable state, meanwhile Warband had Brytenwalda feature complete in the same timespan. Instead we get crappy cheat tier plugins like the first 6 months of a Bethesda game's launch.
  16. hoboistice

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Dunno if this has been mentioned in the thread yet but, why aren't Roguery, Trade, and Tactics party skills like they were in Warband? Why are there ridiculous perks such as in the Tactics tree for your Engineer (175 skill) or in the Trade tree for your Steward (250 skill) when there's no real way to train these skills for those companions?
  17. hoboistice

"Bannerlord is a good game"...

I fully agree that party skills were stronger in WB (except for some combos like free recruitment of bandits & upgrading them to noble troops)
    Last time I played Bannerlord you could get money from your unit's upkeep by having high enough quartermaster and relevant perks, or infinite food from quartermaster.
    You can definitely get a lot more overpowered in Bannerlord
  18. hoboistice

Patch Notes v1.1.4

I really wonder just how many people are left working on this game (full time).

I bet it's not many.
    They're working on the mobile port, please understand.
  19. hoboistice

You know the game is dead when the adult mods take over...

Dickplomacy literally supplanted Diplomacy, the most popular Warband mod.
    Diplomacy had been dead for ages, it was just used in loads of other mods, including Dickplomacy.
    It was dead to me, that's for sure.
    Finish your mod
Back
Top Bottom