Search results for query: *

1. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

Not my favorite Tame Impala song but I can dig it.  Great stuff to listen to while studying/working, I've found. 4/5

The Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs
  2. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

I liked it.  And I liked that picture of the Earth exploding. 4/5

3. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

Well they should cut their hair and get real jobs /s. You're completely right.  I'm just an ass.

:fruity:

NR: Headsy Talkies
  4. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

Vieira said:
    Captain Pyjama Shark said:
    I think drum videos are a bit douchey, so minus points for that.

Why?  :???:

Because most drummers I've known are douches.  That is, obviously, entirely subjective.  But it's my immediate knee-jerk reaction to watching a guy on Youtube playing the drums.  And don't even get me started on drum solos  :wink:

NR:
    Captain Pyjama Shark said:
  5. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

I think drum videos are a bit douchey, so minus points for that.  The song was ok, so plus points for that.  And plus one more because I first I thought the name of the musician was "Lotionman". 

So 3/5.

6. Captain Pyjama Shark

Best-dressed Warrior

djogloc02 said:
    folgore03.jpg

Cartolina_Ritorneremo.jpg

Ops
    ItalianPW.jpg
    Italian uniforms were pretty snazzy, weren't they?
  7. Captain Pyjama Shark

Greatest comanders of the ancient and medieval world

Tancred_de_Houdan said:
    I'd probably say Alexander the Bigger than Usual.
    haha that got a laugh & a half from me.
  8. Captain Pyjama Shark

What Made the Mongols So Hard to Defeat?

The idea I'm getting from this thread is not that the Mongols were tactically unbeatable, but rather so well led strategically that no one ever had a chance to hand them a defeat on the battlefield.  That is, during their first generation, at least.
  9. Captain Pyjama Shark

What Made the Mongols So Hard to Defeat?

Hi all. Recently I was discussing with a friend the merits of the horse-archer.  I mentioned how we often over exaggerate the effectiveness and invincibly of the horse-archer.  For example, Antony included plenty of light troops with is legions in his Parthian expedition.  Archers and slingers...
  10. Captain Pyjama Shark

Best-dressed Warrior

Rallix said:
    Vicccard said:
    Hmmm those Dutch helmets.
    Isn't the guy closest to the camera wearing a French helmet? Why?
    Romanian soldiers wore the Adrian helmet during the Great War, that's not a French M26 model but more likely a Romanian model.  Old equipment.
  11. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

The Alchemist said:
    Nice, i will try to find English lyrics for the song, but i can't seem to make up my mind on how will i rate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhkMFNbe9fQ
    That was bizarre.  But it got stuck in my head.  3.5/5

I'll keep up the non-English theme

12. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

You weren't kidding, that's a sweet jazzy beat.  4.5/5

13. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

3.5/5

I really don't love Sir Paul... I've seen him live recently and he really can't do the high notes anymore.  He sounds better here but it's not one of my favourites.

14. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

5/5, always loved the Mamas & the Papas.  The 60's were a groovy time indeed.

My weekend jam -
  15. Captain Pyjama Shark

General History Questions thread

Skot the Sanguine said:
    djogloc02 said:
    Jhessail said:
    djogloc02 said:
    Perhaps I can risk saying that if the allies created a decent and armed "peace keeper" force, it could stop the World War II?
    Pretty much a pipe dream. League of Nations was completely incapacitated by the fact that USA wanted to remain strictly neutral, Italy&Japan&Germany left or didn't join, and USSR couldn't care less. Hard to create an extensive authority when only great powers who would back it up would be Great Britain and France.

I see, there were no way to avoid a World War after 1933.

I remember hearing that there was a significant movement within the German military that intended to overthrow Hitler when they anticipated Britain and France declaring war on Germany during the whole Czech invasion/Munich crisis...but since that didn't happen the movement fizzled and dissolved.  Not sure how serious it was, but it sounded substantial from what I heard.
    At the very least the German generals were really the only force that could have stopped Hitler before the war began, but in the end they took no action. 
  16. Captain Pyjama Shark

Crusader Kings 2

DoctorPainkiller said:
    Next DLC is "Into India". This should be interesting....
    I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, on facebook they said we'd hear next week.  Where did you hear this?
  17. Captain Pyjama Shark

New Role Play Ideas?

A Metro 2033 rp would be kinda fun. It's a well established universe.
  18. Captain Pyjama Shark

American Zouaves -- fascinating, but... why?

American military uniforms already had a bit of French inspiration even without the Zouaves.  Note the prevalence of kepis, a very distinctly French hat.
  19. Captain Pyjama Shark

why didn't early modern pikemen use shields?

Swadius 2.0 said:
    The weight of a shield means the pikeneer will be using a shorter, less sturdy, and lighter pike than someone without I guess. Pike formations are offensive formations, they're very predictable, but they do head on attacks incredibly well for their cost.
    I'm not sure that your first point would be true.  The sarissa was 16 fee long, IIRC.  Were Renaissance pikes really longer than that?  I'm not saying that they should have used shields, but I'm not sure length and weight were factors.
  20. Captain Pyjama Shark

Rate the song above you!

I'm not crazy about Michael Jackson but no one can deny that the Jackson 5 were pretty groovy.  5/5, though not my favourite piece by them.

Wu-Tang vs the Beatles - Run -
    I know rap isn't really appreciated around here, but give it a listen.  Two great bands that mesh surprisingly well together. 
Back
Top Bottom