Search results for query: *

1. Sahran

[SoT] Terms of using models and textures

Is there anyone from the original team able to take requests to utilize work from the mod, namely some of the great late antiquity helmets your contributors did? If so, could they message me? I'm collaborating with Dresden over at Total War Center on a mod of the Constantine civil wars period. I can jury-rig suitable material from Rome 2 models for body armor, to a lesser extent weaponry, but on helmets I'm plum out of options. And the amazing models you guys have done are spot on for the role.

I can't PM Kolba and as far as I can tell the senior members of the mod are gone (save for Narf, but he's been gone a few months), I'm hoping it'll be okay to start to work on integrating the material into Rome 2 - and giving you guys 100% due credit. Specifically the ridge helmet, Pannonian hat, dux ridge helmet, briton_helm, rbhelm and possibly some of the weapons. If anyone who did those returns and would not like us to use the material, I'll be happy to remove them. Likewise I'm happy to do a quid-pro-quo and share some of the scale armor patterns I've done or share some of the textures I've done for M&B:W a year or so ago.

I hope this isn't a problem, and appreciate all your hard work.

2. Sahran

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Rest assured we're not dead, toiling away in the mines when real life (and soon rome 2! :grin:) isn't distracting us.

Kuauik's naturally done more amazing work that makes mine look terribad by comparison, we'll see when he promos it. And to keep things simple when you see fleshy bits like arms and legs 99% likely they will be rgcotl's base body he graciously allowed us access too.

First row are the generic rawhide corselets utilized by middling troops of various nationalities - run of the mill mercs, Phoenicians, Joos, maybe some Hittite infantry, and others. I'm still getting the hang of rawhide as it's tricky business to figure out the proper specularity to it. First is meant to be plain leather, second lacquered, third lacquered and colorful, fourth lacquered. The first two have the 'sea people' style of kilt, but it seems as though much like one sees later with other people adopting persian garb (Pamphlagonians and a heck of a lot of Anatolians in general), greek garb (everybody and their momma after Alexander) or Roman, the style caught on.

Second row are the Sea people laminated corselets (Also four generic variants for various mercs and such, but they aren't as pretty). The original model is kuauik's, which I just tweaked (both kilt and corselet, that is).

3. Sahran

English (or foreign) proxy to get around Al-Jazeera's pants on head retardation?

If this is at all illegal moderators feel free to delete this. I was going to the Al-jazeera website to watch a bit of news stream, when I saw that since they have launched Al-Jazeera America, "We have some great news to share – Al Jazeera America is launching August 20th! As a result, this...
  4. Sahran

Bloc said:
    kuauik said:
    Bloc said:
    I know you guys working on 1257AD but when can we see more models etc for this mod? I mean I want to hear a answer like 1 week , 1 month later  :smile:
    we got most models and textures done,we are just lazy to show the up :grin:
    So what is left to do then? Scripting works?  :razz:

Scripting, coding, doing additional textures for some necessary variations of certain armors and such. Still cannot give a date, but rest assured we're working hard.
  5. Sahran

ThegnAnsgar said:
    Just thought I'd share this picture of a Trojan War era Mycenaean warrior reproduction by Matt Poitras from MP Filmcrafts. I got this from "The International Hoplite Discussion Group" on Facebook.

WarriorTrojanWar.jpg

Very neat, thanks for that. :smile: I remember coming across their page and asking for their expertise on the validity of leather panoply.
  6. Sahran

King Alastair said:
    Will this be done before Rome II?  :roll:

Probably not. Good thing Rome II isn't anything like SITD, and SITD isn't anything like Rome II, so there's no issue of redundancy. I'm sure a lot of us will be enjoying Rome 2. :smile:
  7. Sahran

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Aw man, that would be a billion times easier than I did it. I cut about 16 verts on the horizontal lines leading to the end piece, then adjusted about 8-10 of them until they formed that bend. I'll give that method a try, thanks Rigadoon.

8. Sahran

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Edit: Just managed it by doing it by hand, but I'd still welcome any tips for a future situation like this. :3

Was wondering if I could get some advice/halp on a very basic attempt at a belt. I'm attempting to do a 3d version of the very simple leather belt the late bronze/early iron age saw a lot of use of. Previously I just painted it on (the easiest), then I was attempting to have a 3d model with an alpha channel (You'll see why) but I couldn't get it satisfactory. With the alpha channel I'd need to have the top and bottom of the belt synch up perfectly with the front and back, and there'd still be the hollowness in the middle. I figure I can get a 3d modeled version of it with a minimum increase in faces/polygons.

I'm very very new to modeling so I am not expecting or aiming for something super extensive, especially as I don't have the program or know how for rigging so I have to use vanilla riggings. The goal is really just to take that hoop (I raised it from the torso/belt area so it's already rigged to a vanilla one) and make the two broad oval-edged ends like you see in the references. I'd then be able to have a flat 2d alpha'd face or two for the bindings in the middle. It's already pre-shaped/positioned to work on the clothing/body I need it to.

While I can, and am, walking around aimlessly like a bull in a china shop with wings3d trying random buttons and options (it's how I've learned so far! :grin:), if someone can advise the straightforward method for rounding off the edges of the hoops' end and making it resemble the references I'd be all ears. I found beveling to be the most promising but I've been very clunky with it so far. I know I'll need more verts to get it to smoothly transition into the oval ends, but I don't know the 'smart' way of doing so besides cutting a bunch of verts and positioning them by hand. I'm assuming/praying there's another way.
  9. Sahran

Rome at War: Previews + News!

This stuff is redunkulusly awesome, kind of super high quality work you wouldn't even see most commercial developer be able to achieve! Great stuff! Really glad to see the Samnites/oscans being given such respect and detail.
  10. Sahran

FALX said:
    Beautiful view.  :grin:
    The depth of the historical rendering is amazing. I wonder, will there be elephants and camels in the game  ?
    And also want to know whether to use horse-bearers ?

Indeed, if you consider that you only need two - three shouting "Victory!" or a dozen reviews in order for combat arms, (Egyptian sounds and words in science already decrypted), it is not the most difficult. But you're right, even this may seem redundant.

Camels yes, among bandits and mercenaries from Aramaean/Arab stock.

Horse bearers I'm not quite sure what you mean. We'll have horsemen and chariotry. You have a point but for us right now it's more of a luxury if someone wants to do the voices we could consider it, but not something we'll focus on for now.

FinnishKnight: Kuauik has done a lot of really awesome beards and hairstyles. Some helmets will guarantee a beard and (mainly hittite hairstyles) will cover up any beard the player/NPC might have. Others will not include a beard like that. Unfortunately because of so many of our helmets having spots that need hair, the majority of helmets with hair attachments will be of black hair (variously a curly Semitic or wavy Greek or straight hittite style). There will be some helmets that don't require hair attachments due to their shape/design (mainly if it covers up the back of the head/neck), and I think a few Scythian 'headwear' (may be a bandana more than a helmet) which will have red or blonde hair. But we really can't go and have a helmet variation for every hair color possibility or even the four basics (brown, black, red, blonde). Post release I can explain to people how they can edit it themselves if they want a certain helmet to have a different hair color. Thankfully in this period it seems like most of the peoples were of dark/black hair with the exception of the Scythians and some of the Iranians. Homer mentions red or blonde for the heroes, but all the Mycenaean art is distinctly dark haired and it may be a literary devise - same way Zal is given white hair in Shahnameh or in a modern sense you've got the whole rainbow of colors for hair in japanese stuff.

Hofiko: The spear is Gothic Knight's from his OSP work. You're right about the gap but one thing I've noticed/felt is that the proportions on some vanilla stuff are far too big and beefy - I think both round shields are vanilla ones I thinned out to be more like the girth of Dejawolf's viking OSP shields. We are likely to have to do some adjustments for weapon size or length. And appreciate the
  11. Sahran

FALX said:
    Sahran said:
    Written on my phone so apologies if poor spelling. Regarding sicle swords - we will have them. Mainly egyptians and caaanotes or israelites. Regarding religious cults - my focus is more on the martial field and i think our focus is more on the military and buildings and such. I am not sure how the cults could function beyond building one at your settlement to get honor or prestige or whTever the term is.
    This is good. :grin:

Do you plan to add:
    1. Sound and screams orders in the ancient languages ​​(you can find the files on the network in Hebrew, Persian, Greek ...)
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg1417460.html#msg1417460
    2. Scripts amputation of limbs, head .. decapitation and amputation
    3. Religious system may be directly affected the morale of the troops, the resistance of the cities, the accession of new units and partners, the creation of new quests, create a script sacrifices to improve morale or improve other characteristics ..
    4. Do you plan to add siege engines (catapults) .. and scenes of destruction of walls, gates, fences, fire ...
    5. Do you plan to add to the game Thracian tribes as unplayable factions
    6. Can you show us the banners and flags of all factions
      ???    :grin:

Unfortunately as negative as it will sound to list off a litany of nopes:

1) Nope. We don't really know how the heck to pronounce ancient Egyptian and it would be more trouble than it's worth to me. Unless people want to do the voice work (and do so with good quality).

2) Not out of the question for the future but not our focus right now.

3) Not out of the question in the future but not our focus right now.

4) Not out of the question in the future but not our focus right now.

5) We are interested in the idea of decreasing the number of settlements per faction and thereby increasing the number of smaller factions, but we are focused right now on getting the mod done. Too many mods (and especially a bad habit of mine) is to 'think with the stomache, not with the brain".

6) Banners and flags are still WIP.

And just to make this more than just a bunch of negative answers, just 2 of the countless shields I've been toiling on, with kuauik's helmets and tunic on the right (docm's cuirass on the left) and Tomas' scenework in the background.

UlakW1N.jpg

The specular/gloss effects are WIP, since I have to tweak around with that.
  12. Sahran

Written on my phone so apologies if poor spelling. Regarding sicle swords - we will have them. Mainly egyptians and caaanotes or israelites. Regarding religious cults - my focus is more on the martial field and i think our focus is more on the military and buildings and such. I am not sure how the cults could function beyond building one at your settlement to get honor or prestige or whTever the term is.
  13. Sahran

Thanks for the correction Docm, I've been a bit dumb with the speculars so it's mainly been a case of trial and error. Is there a single specular & nospecular shader you suggest for shields? I had an issue of the 'plastic wrap' to a shield until I trial and error'd to a proper shader. I assume that shader gives a bit of a default specularity, without a specular texture file?

I also realize I really should have had speculars for the leather shields I've been toiling on. But leather has been a real pain in the butt to decide on (whether it's grainy/rugged or smooth and such), so I will just keep the trend going with no speculars (at least separate specular textures) on the shields but try and do them for leather/rawhide armor.
  14. Sahran

Thanks Zimke! The first is very interesting, looks like Canaanites/Syrians. Latter two are very cool, one of the many reasons I'm finding (except for the lack of a linothorax) the bronze age Greeks to have a cooler 'style' than the classical bell/cuirass hoplite.

15. Sahran

Radetzky said:
    Looks great, loving the screenshots! Can't wait till this beauty comes out!

One thing I was wondering when looking at the superb map, wasn't (Ancient) Merv already a place of importance in pre-Islamic history?
    erolBW7l.jpg

We've got Merv/Margu on the map, just a bit below where that screenshot ends. We'll probably be adjusting settlement locations and numbers in due time, too.  :grin:
  16. Sahran

Bear in mind some textures are WIP, which is why there's some issues with the specularity of the horses (Lynores') or the pants lacking a proper texture. Screenies and Work are by Kuauik. The infantry are Apple Bearers, the cavalry save for the 3rd one are Persians/iranians (3rd is Kuauik's Scythian character)

The shields in the two screenies above are Trojan, just given temporarily to the Apple-Bearers. And the scabbard's weird erection  :mrgreen: is because of placement - I've tilted the scabbards so they can be worn on the correct side (I forget whether it's right or left, just that the Akinakes and Scythian longswords appear to have been worn on the side normally not used)

And ignore the blonde beard - that's my fault, I haven't worked on the face python file yet (and Hittite headwear will cover up beards, since they were clean shaven). Kuauik did the new face you see on the Hittite roughly in the middle - and pretty much everything in that pic. :grin:
  17. Sahran

It's one of those neat ideas but not really worth the effort in the M&B:W game. By nature the Pharoah is either going to be moving in war (thus on a chariot or on foot), or stationary in a peaceful scene (where at most we could have an unrigged static object of him on that sedan chair).

18. Sahran

Rome II: Total War

Pontus is the 9th faction, "Free-lc" DLC that everyone who buys Rome2 gets when it releases.

Back
Top Bottom