Search results for query: *

1. original mount and blade serial key for warband

Well, where can I find the latest version of Mount&Blade? All i see on the download page are Warband installers.
  2. original mount and blade serial key for warband

I originally purchased Mount & Blade over 5 years ago, but haven't played in a long time. I just installed Warband, but when I enter my serial key it says activation denied. Are original serial keys not accepted for the new version or am I just running into a strange error?
  3. Armor Crafting

Rather than making them player skills, i'd rather see "special order" items from the NPCs. Like, you talk to a blacksmith in Rivacheg, tell him the specs you want for the armor and get him the supplies/gold, then a week later you pick it up. This would be a lot more realistic, too, as generally armor was custom made, unless it was made to equip an entire army.
  4. Aural and Visual Suggestions For Battle

yeah, i like the idea for "emotes"(animations without purpose basically) and voice commands. But i don't really want any for the player per say. I don't want a preset voice for my character, I can imagine what he/she sounds like when i give the command, but some visual/verbal responses from the NPC's would be really cool, add some more depth to the game...
  5. Trojan Era mod?

i've sorta got one in the works as sorta a side project, i need models and graphics, but i'm working on one called The Illiad, search for it on the forums...
  6. Unlimited sparring

I haven't messed with it much, but i think it's pretty much all conversation and scene stuff, so it's very easily moddable
  7. Unlimited sparring

I like it!

Allows you to practice as much as you want in specific situations.

Would be an easy mod...

Talk to the Trainer, select skill level, number of opponents, select your weapon(1h,2h,polearm,etc.) and your opponents weapon, then into the pit.
    We already have tab to leave scenes, so you just leave whenever you want. Question is, will tabbing out leave when there are still live opponents?
  8. shield raising

good ideas!

i forgot what else i was gonna say...
  9. Weapon usage (aka how to swing a sword and live) PIC HEAVY

It would be cool if Armagan did do better combat animations, but set them at tiers according to your weapon proficiency. So maybe, once you get 100 weapon profieciency, you use a better technique, and then maybe again at 250. I'm not saying it has to be at those numbers but that sounds like a reasonable start.
  10. shield raising

It shouldn't be a problem. When you right click to raise your shield, you still control the x-axis(turning left and right) but the y-axis is devoted to the shield. Now, set it so that the view only changes if you move your mouse more than 30 degrees above or below the origin(center of screen). This way, you control your shield, and your y-axis look is only slightly affected.
  11. Less Lames

Ummm, the reason you lose so many horses is because YOU MAKE BAD DECISIONS ON THE BATTLEFIELD. Don't feel bad I lose a lot of horses, too. But yeah, if you play smart and worry more about survival, you won't lose as much.

Key to never getting your horse stopped in a crowd: Always turn. I found out if you are turning while riding your horse through a crowd, no matter how many guys you run into, as long as you are holding 'W' and 'A' or 'D', you won't be stopped. You might get stopped if someone spears your horse, but i've never had it happen. The only thing you have to worry about when using this tactic is that your horse can still be slashed, so while you can charge through any amount of enemies, your horse can still get killed.
  12. Weapon Creation

Worbah said:
    The Pixie King Of The Magic Forest said:
    Make the weapon be balanced for in the begining, and improve its stats the higher level you become.

Howzer, this is the bit I was referring to

me=pwned :shock:

:roll:
  13. SPECIAL MOVES

like... the Dynasty Warriors mounted attack?

Ehh... I just think the swing should take out multiple enemies. I don't need more swings, just more devastating swings. Ride by and sweep, 5 guys fall dead. Rinse and repeat :twisted:

I dunno about you pole arm uber-block, but i think it should be easier to keep two handed weapons moving(with maybe the exception of blades) the strategty for using a two handed weapon is keep it moving and keep it threatening. As long as you keep your weapon a threat to ANYTHING that comes in range, you're pretty much safe. There's a little problem with this in M&B cus it's way too easy for guys to sneak in close.

Besides, wouldn't it be REALLY COOL to steal all of Borcha's clothes and send him into battle foaming at the mouth with a big 2handed axe? Then watch as the enemies keep him at bay until they try and move on him, and he hacks them all down because none can get around his attack.
    That's the way a 2h weapon is supposed to be used.
  14. Weapon Creation

Worbah said:
    The thing I dislike about this idea is the weapon gaining stats. If there was a system of weapon familiarity, that I'd understand. But the last time I checked, when you make a sword, it doesn't start evolving.

I'm talking about the things like Heavy and Balanced, Watered steel, that's what i meant by stats. Bonuses that would be appropriate for the weapon, sorry bout the misclarification.
  15. SPECIAL MOVES

Ok since everyone is still arguing about this, i'm going to teach you all a few lessons of combat.

DO NOT SPIN
    DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK TO YOUR OPPONENT, EVER!
    Number 1 rule to get the kill, FLANK(Hit them in the back or side, WHERE THEY CAN'T SEE YOU!
    You cannot spin faster than I can stab you. You can't. Don't argue.
    Warriors keep their sword in a position to strike AT ALL TIMES DURING COMBAT. It would be stupid to keep your sword unready to kill at any moment in a MASSIVE MELEE.
    Keep your shield up AT ALL TIMES. Keep any defense you have up at all times. Always be ready to recieve a blow.
    Always be ready to KILL.

If you still don't beleive me, here's a cartoon:

Basically, it takes you a lot longer to swing your sword in a full spin, that it does me to hit you. If you think "Well, i'll spin FASTER" well, you know what, I'll kill you faster. I can swing just as fast as you. Even if you think you're FASTER than everyone else, it doesn't take ANYONE longer to swing than it does for you to spin. NOONE. Forget it.
    Oh, and if you think your little spin will kill me anyway, no, it won't. I'm attacking in the opposite direction, with equal or close to equal force. You'll stop. Trust me. The easiest person to kill, is the guy who's spinning.
    If you still don't believe me, i'll come over to your house with some shinai or something and we can test this out, and guess what? I'm gonna crack you in the back of the head with a shinai.

Oh and if you still think, "well i can spin faster than he can react, i already gave you your "reaction" time in my little drawing, and I still win.

And again, I win.
  16. SPECIAL MOVES

Kissaki: Technically... spinning is used alot. But that's with 2 handed axes(and similar weapons, but not swords). And it's not a lot of body spinning, but you do what you need to to keep the axe moving. 2h axes don't have many defense capabilities, so you keep the axe moving as a defense. It deters attacks simply by being a threat. But that's not a spinning power move...

anyways, i forgot what else i was gonna say.

But we need defense breaking moves. Preferably bashes that don't do much, if any, damage.
    Grappling would be nice too...
  17. Serious suggestion. SERIOUS!

orrrr....

you make a simple MOD and make your own custom class, or delete the class menu with a MOD. it's very very very easy. that was the first thing i did when i started on a mod, but then i scrapped it, but that's a long story.

Anyways, not very hard to mod.
  18. Weapon Creation

well, we could make a "crafting" system with crafting skills and such so you can become an artisan/merchant.

Make a weapon crafting screen, where depending on your weapon crafting, you can add certain stats and things. You need to use iron and other materials to make your weapons. Set the basic weapon types to have material requirements, then maybe some special requirements for some bonuses, like, i dunno, more iron or something for a heavy weapon, more wood for a "large bag". It would be neat if there was a model manipulation screen, like the face editor, but that wouldn't really be necessary...

Then expand up to include all the item types...

I like it.
  19. SPECIAL MOVES

Skyrage said:
    If you mean special moves as in a player makes a series of pointless moves and all sorts of magical light starts shining around and the player shouts "Haduken" before making a super attack, then I will have to ask you to go and bury yourself under some rock.

I wanna shout "haduken!", then shield bash someone!

Seriously, i really like the ideas of grappling and different "bashing" moves(shieldbash, kick, hilt bash) They were very common on the battlefield and lots of heavy armored combat relied on these techniques to get the kill. I also like the bill/hook idea.
    Disarming moves would be nice, but we'd have to add the "pick stuff up" feature to grab weapons and shields off the ground and off bodies.

I'td be nice if you could grapple and opponent, then knock him back or down, and move in for the kill while he's disoriented. Just need a grapple button, then up or down to knockback or knockdown.
    Disarming would be nice too, maybe if you grapple, then hit left, you disarm your opponent's right hand, and if you hit right, their left hand(because your hands are reversed from your opponent.

Also if you get grappled, you just have to react like blocking an attack. You can block the grapple, but if that doesn't work, you have to block whatever move your opponent pulls on you, just like normal combat.

Grappling and disarming could be the special move if you are only using a 1h weapon and no shield, then if you have a shield, you shield bash, and a 2h weapon you hiltbash(with 2h swords and other appropriate weapons) or kick.
    (Wow, if you use a shield and a bastard(1h/2h) sword, you could utilize all of the special moves without changing any equipment... just weapon switches while in combat :twisted: )

I think this is a really good idea, it would definitely expand M&B's foot combat exponentially.

Although i wouldn't expect these features anytime soon, as they would require ALOT of animation.
  20. The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

All you have to do is make a scene of the place. Make a Hornburg scene or a Minas Tirith scene. It's not that hard.(Well, maybe making it match the image most people have might be tricky, but...) Then just look at how the castles were made and then put the damned thing in the game. It's not that hard. The hard part might be setting it up to defend it, because i don't think friendly castle defense is implemented yet. But someone could start by making scenes of these places, so we can atleast walk around and check them out... Then again, with the world map orders system, you could set a timer or some sort of trigger to make a Isengard or Mordor army appear and go straight to attacking the place...

Anyways, it's very possible jsut not implemented. I was planning on adding the storyline battles when i get to working on my expansion for this mod. I'm waiting on a few things though. I've got a lot going on IRL right now, and i was kinda waiting for .730 compatible stuff to come out first. Also it'd be nice if I could get some new skins/textures made(but i'm not a graphic artist)...
Back
Top Bottom