Search results for query: *

1. Seekster

Holding feasts

That sucks. Ah well at least holding your own feast are not necessary.
  2. Seekster

Holding feasts

How do you hold feasts as a female character? Do you have to be married to hold feasts? Does diplomacy mod change things?
  3. Seekster

Asgarden´s ultimate trade chart

Curaw iron is usually cheap. Salt is often cheap at Halmar and Wercheg. Ale is sometimes cheap at Praven. Flax is cheap at Sargoth.

Sometimes you can find cheap iron at Dhirim and cheaper oil at Suno. Wine it sometimes cheap at Veluca. Date fruit is usually cheap in the northern half of Sarranid territory.
  4. Seekster

Wow, Kherghits are strong.

No khergits aren't that strong but they are annoyingly fast. You need some real tactics to beat them most times.
  5. Seekster

Knight type Character weapon advice

I should have specified that I am talking about a knight character in the context of the game, not a historically accurate knight character. Still this thread has been very helpful. Thanks for all the advice.
  6. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

I'm about done so I will leave that to someone else. Just 1 Rhodok and 1 Sarranid top tier unit left.

Turns out Nord Veteran Archers may be the best foot archers in the game believe it or not. Vaegir Marksmen have a bit higher archery prof but the Nord Veteran Archers are better in pretty much every other category. They are probably the most athletic unit in the game to be sure. God help us if the Nords ever get cavalry!
  7. Seekster

Knight type Character weapon advice

As far back as beta M&B I have enjoyed playing as a Knight type character who usually joins the Swadians (which now is more interesting because if they fight more than two factions at once they are uber screwed and having to fight a southern and a northern faction is hard too since they are in...
  8. Seekster

Complete Unit Stats for 1 Game

Well that stole some of my thunder...still good to see others are getting similar results.

On another note the Swadians get creamed everytime in my games. Its not their stats, they have some of the best units in the game. The problem is they have to fight on multiple fronts they simply can't function. Their land is too open too attack from pretty much any side.
  9. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

The weapons profs look consistent on my end. This is odd.
  10. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

First off yes I would like to retract most of what I said about the Nord Archers, they are the worst foot archers in the game up until the upper tier archers. The difference between Nord Archers and Nord Veteran Archers is outstanding.

As to stats being random, I have heard this before and so I realized that any stats I record are subject to slight fluctuations. So if I have two units whose stats are very close to one another I will say they are about even. However I have played multiple new games on the latest version of Warband and found that in every instance the stats that I check for all units (Str, Agi, HP, Profs, Ironflesh, Power Strike) are the same in every new game I play. This goes against what I understood about the game which was what some of you were saying about random stats. Maybe the nonused stats like inventory management or looting are random but based on what I am seeing in my games the stats which a unit actually uses do not change from one new game to another. I am still double checking this but so far I have seen no differences from one new game to another.

Obviously stats will likely change a bit from one version to the next but now that the game is fairly stable and balanced I think its a good time to have this study.

As to my current progress:

Swadians - 100% complete
    Rhodoks - Only missing the Sergeants
    Nords - Only missing a few top tier units
    Sarranids - Only missing a few top tier units
    Vaegirs - Missing 1 T4 and 3 Tier 5 units.
    Khergits - Will start them today.

I confirmed that the Swadian Sharpshooter is greatly inferior to the Rhodok Sharpshooter and is actually somewhat inferior to Rhodok Veteran Crossbowmen too.

Based on what I have seen from the Vaegirs so far their Infantry is not as far behind the Nord Infantry as I expected. Still I fully expect that the Nords have the best infantry.

I also confirmed that Vaegir Veterans do indeed spawn with a horse sometime (though they are still flagged as Cavalry which can be annoying when you are trying to hold back your units or something).

I look forward to presenting my final analysis soon. When I do I will post it in a separate topic so that my data appears on the first post on the first page.

I would like to ask someone else to look into the random stats in each new game thing. I have long believed that some stats or random and maybe they are but I cannot deny that the stats I am looking at seem to remain constant in my game for each new game.
  11. Seekster

Hunting Down an Outlaw

Yes perhaps if you have a high honor the guy might surender hoping his life will be spared. There is so much un tapped potential in that quest...and really in the entire game.
  12. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

reklem said:
    Good guide!  :grin:
    Perhaps include mercenaries aswell?

"Study on the Quality Difference between Troops in the Calradian Kingdoms"
                                      Requires 10 INT to read
                                      Reading process: 100%

LOL maybe but I want to get through the faction troops first. Personally if I had to predict how the factions will stack up in terms of units here is how it would go:

Swadians - Best units overall and best Cavalry in the game in the form of Swadian Knights, these advantages are balanced because the Swadians are in the middle of all the factions geographically and so in Campaigns they tend to get the **** beat out of them in Auto calc battles when they are at war with two or more factions at once.

Nords - No cavalry and crappy archers are balanced out by the best damn infantry in the game, especially the incredible tier 6 (most factions do not have a tier 6 unit and in fact the Nords may be the only one) Huscarl. Their infantry are relatively fast too so dont be surprised if they catch you on the world map.

Rhodoks - Like the Nords they lack cavalry which can hurt them a lot but geography helps negate this disadvantage because Rhodok lands are almost all mountainous which gives them a home field advantage against cavalry (in theory, Swadian Knights still kill them most of the time, just takes a bit longer to scale the mountain to kill them). Their spearmen are fairly solid infantry I think but their crossbowmen are the best in the game. Someone once said that Rhodok Sharpshooters are like the Space Marines of Caldaria (WH40K reference) and I believe that is a fairly accurate comparison. They have perhaps the highest strength stat of any unit in the game and in melee combat they are almost on par with Nord Warriors! Unfortunately as awesome as Rhodok Sharpshooters are, they are not good enough to save the Rhodoks from spearmen that dont work against cavalry (though they are getting better at that than they used to be) and the lack of Cavalry.

Vaegirs - Don't know much about them because I never really liked them much or played as them but I have always held the belief that they are basically a cross between Swadians and Nords. Their Marksman have long been held as the best foot archers in the game and my experiences would support that. Their infantry is pretty decent and their Cavalry has been solid. One unit of interest is the Vaegir Veteran which can spawn at the beginning of battle on a horse sometimes. Not sure if this is still the case.

Khergits - If it weren't for the fact that doing so would probably kill you, close your eyes next time you siege a Khergit castle...it will sound like it is raining only the raindrops are arrows. It used to be that Nords and Khergits were specialized factions with only one unit type (now with Nords having crappy archers this isn't technically true anymore). All Khergit troops except for Tribesman are mounted (I think Tribesman are like Vaegir Veterans in that sometimes they spawn with a horse) and most of them have bows or some other projectile. Fighting the Khergits can be tediouious if you are the Swadians, Vaegirs, or Sarranids who have heavy cavalry that can simply chase down and tear the (mostly) lightly armored Khergits to pieces (time consuming but it usually works), or it can be terrifying if you are playing as Rhodoks or Nords and dont have Cavalry units with you from mercenary or other factions. In that case your best chance is to use the terrain to your advantage, hold position, bunch up, and try and lure the Khergits in close. If you try and chase after them on foot you will only die tired while the Khergits laugh at your slow dead ass.

Sarranids - The new kids on the block who showed up wearing funny pajamas. Seriously though I used to think that the Sarranids were sort of like the Vaegirs or Khergits but it turns out they are most similar to the Swadians (if my intial unit analysis is correct). Nearly all Sarranid Infantry and Cavalry have stats that are inferior to their Swadian counterparts but only just. The Sarranid Mameluke is notable for being the first unit capable of fighting on almost equal terms with a Swadian Knight thanks to the new Armored Steppe Horse (whatever its called) and their heavy armor. So why you are laughing at their Skirmishers who wear those bright yellow pajamas the Mamelukes run up and cut your buttocks off and when you turn it around they offer it to you on a silver platter.
  13. Seekster

Female Character Marriage Questions

morphwan said:
    1 I believe they will not marry you unless you are a member of a faction, possibly theirs but maybe not.
    If you don't start out of noble blood or become a vassal to gain a banner, you won't get one just for marrying because marrying doesn't automatically make you a member of that faction. if you join a faction and then marry your banner doesn't change to your husband's banner
    When a Lord responds to a proposal for marriage with "I respect your bravery but you are not my ideal of grace and femininity"
    if a lord says this, forget about trying to marry him. it's a no go. and that's all I got

Thanks this is quite helpful.

I guess I will start making a list of single lords and cross out those who give me the "not my ideal of femininity" line and work from there.

I still would like to get the other questions answered but you addressed the most immediate concern I had.

I guess I will join the Swadians so I become a noble and get my banner then try and ask about marriage.
  14. Seekster

Ok which companion is marriagable?

k61824 said:
    The Darklord said:
    Only thing that makes someone unmarriagable is being married. The second condition is are they are "Lord" or a "Lady" where lord is a troop leader. Females can marry any "Lord" and males any "Lady".
    Only if you are playing as a female you can marry your companions (male or female companions).  all female companions are as of 1.113 treated as dudes for the purpose of the game (discriminatory same sex marriage of some sorts, I believe, and I don't know if they will ever fix that)

Sometime around the time they fix all the typos where female characters are refered to as "My Lord", "Sir", and other male references by NPCs.
  15. Seekster

Unit Stat Research

I know that the unit stats are subject to change in patches but in general they have remained in a general ball park area the same. I have been recording the stats of units in the most current release and though I am still less than halfway done I have completed large parts of the Swadian, Nord...
  16. Seekster

Hunting Down an Outlaw

I have been making a suggestion like this since the original Mount and Blade was in beta. Now I think its almost possibile for someone to create a mod or a simple tweak to change this annoying part of the game. I have long found it odd and annoying that when you go and kill a guy in a outlaw...
  17. Seekster

Female Character Marriage Questions

I have a female swadian character who is currently not officially a vassal of Haralus but who has good relations with several Swadian Lords and the Kingdom itself. I was planning to marry into the nobility and into the faction after a while but its been frustrating because all of the good men...
  18. Seekster

Production Advice

I really like the new production enterprise feature but I don't think I fully understand how it works. I tried opening up a tool making business in Dhirm thinking that since iron is fairly common and relatively cheap there I could make a consistent profit. Things didn't really go as expected and...
  19. Seekster

What's your kingdom named?

Wait you can name your kingdom in game now?

Similar question, if you complete a rebellion with a claimant does the name of your faction still stay "___ Rebels"? Also does the title of the claimant change to king or queen?
  20. Seekster

about Rhodoks

The Rhodoks are actually fairly good but not for the reasons they should be. Their upper lvl spearmen are the third best in the game (nords have first and swadians have second best infantry I think) but its their crossbowmen that are the best in the game. I prefer crossbows and rhodok  sharpshooters are the best.
Back
Top Bottom