Search results for query: *

1. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

I'm curious as to how doable this would be. See, I like big battles, but dislike the long list party members that show up when you hover over a king/lord/yourself. My thought is possibly breaking up the groups into smaller parties.

For instance, let's say in my group consists of 10 companions and 150 more soldiers of varying types. What I'd like would be to have only the companions directly in my party, and the rest split up into groups of 25-50 that follow me around on the map and join battles to fight on my side. I know this can be sort of done with patrols, but I also wouldn't want them to stray from me to chase some random group of bandits, so it would be set up more like a caravan unit that only follows you (and can keep up, preferably).

Furthermore, it'd be really neat to see Kings and lords follow a similar approach by having their own small, core group and other smaller parties tailing them. Like a King would have their core group of only 20 or so [elite] soldiers, and 4-5 groups of 50 following them.

I really like the way it looks and sounds when you see massive looking armies traveling, like a field marshal leading a campaign on the world map, and would like to expand on that.

What do you think? Undoable? Too labor intensive? Nobody like the idea?
  2. SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Bismarck said:
    Not in the near future. PBOD is released as modmerger kit and not as source code. This creates problems due to the fact that my files are heavily modded and getting them to cooperate with each other is a big challenge.

I had figured that. I was at least able to get motomataru's Formations and AI (not yet tested against lords/ big battles but Ranks/Shieldwall look like they're working) in with modmerger. While not ideal, it should satiate me for a while.

I haven't had as much time to play as I would hope but I'll list a couple of other very minor annoyances that I've noticed:
    - Auto-sell doesn't seem to work.
    - During tournaments, after knocking out any enemy (no matter how many remain) it repeatedly gives a message that the battle is won and to press tab to exit. Which of course, would be forfeiting the tournament.
    - The multiples of some companions in the taverns, as Crille has mentioned.

That's all I have off the top of my head. Hopefully I can play some more soon. 

Edit: Good news is I got PBOD loaded pretty easily (thank you win merge!). Unfortunately it's a bit bugged. The in-battle menus (when using F4-F9) immediately disappear. Other than that, when I formed ranks my troops did so but started walking off... somewhere. But hey, it's a start.
  3. SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Enjoying this so far! Thank you!

Was also curious about the "array GC" message.

Occasionally gives me a date rather than a lord name during the "lord has been captured/defeated" messages.

Lastly, not to rush you or anything but any idea what sort of time frame we're looking at to get tactics/pbod running?
Back
Top Bottom