Search results for query: *

1. George385

NA1 Server - Let's cover all the bases

Ask thunderstormer on FSE when the site is back up.
  2. George385

Any news on the FSE Forums being down?

Vince was last on steam 11 days ago... So we might be waiting a while, since he's the only person who can fix the web server...
  3. George385

Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Tactical Blitz said:
    hey,

i am looking for a regiment which only plays in North and South mod on events. I had already been in many regiments and i got TS3. I am a teamplayer and got much experience in M&B. I hope that i can find some cool regiment here.  :grin:

Philippe Waxweiler

add me on steam - araluen494
  4. George385

New Version 0.500 ? Where to download

Yes there is, it's on moddb, or FSE. Go on FSE for looks on the new update that's out soon, 1.0.
  5. George385

Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

mcwiggum said:
    I beleive the Saxons who made the tapestry were abit cheeky. It's odd to call it Norman propaganda when they call Harold king.  :razz:

The Saxons didn't make the tapestry... They recently identified the person who made it, and he was a Norman cardinal if I can remember correctly.

Hospes fori said:
    George385 said:
    im not only referring to the armor, but events in the tapestry was the main thing i was referring to, the most significant event im thinking of is King Harold Godwinson's death. the tapestry says he was struck and killed by a Norman arrow, and thats what is taught in schools etc, but Harold was actually struck down by a Norman mounted knight
    As far as I can tell the Bayeux Tapestry does not explicitly show Harold Godwinson being hit by an arrow. That is because his death is not precisely portrayed altogether. In the scene labelled "Harold rex interfectus est." 'King Harold was killed.' someone is shown being struck by an arrow to the head indeed, but at the same time there is another person being slain by a rider.
    Harold_dead_bayeux_tapestry.png

The person lying on the ground and the person shown to be hit in the eye with an arrow is the same person, King Harold.

6. George385

Rallix said:
    George385 said:
    even the bayeux tapestry is incorrect on some things.
    If you are referring to armour, then no.
    The makers of the bayeux tapestry were just plain bad at accurately depicting the equipment used by warriors, and most other things in fact. I don't know how anybody can try to glean anything about the construction of that age's body armour besides its basic shape from the tapestry, anymore than one could accurately guess what a human face looked like based off of the faces in it.

People who try to say that they can know how the armour portrayed was constructed(based on the tapestry) are the truly inaccurate party.

im not only referring to the armor, but events in the tapestry was the main thing i was referring to, the most significant event im thinking of is King Harold Godwinson's death. the tapestry says he was struck and killed by a Norman arrow, and thats what is taught in schools etc, but Harold was actually struck down by a Norman mounted knight, hence why Harold is in a few places on the same piece of the tapestry, and if that isnt enough to convince you, there are other written records of the battle that suggest that a Norman knight killed him, and if thats not enough, the Bayeux Tapestry was edited up until the late 18th century, and on the original tapestry there are stitch markings behind Harold's head that, and those markings are from a later date.

history is written by the victor, and that is proven in this case.

anyway, getting off topic, my point is that there are a lot of incorrect sources out there about the Dark Ages, so choose carefully for your sources. if a brytenwalda dev wants to know about a good historical source then PM me, i can point you in the direction of some sources (mainly books) that i know. and if need be a friend of mine has some extent examples of both Viking and Anglo-Saxon stuff.

theres a reason its called the ''Dark Ages'', its because very little is known about the period.
  7. George385

so how historically accurate is this going to be? i am a dark age re-enactor, i reenact a wealthy Anglo-Saxon, and i hope to see the Anglo-Saxons in-game, the story of the Vikings can't be told without mentioning Anglo Saxon England.

as a reenactor of this period, i am very pleased to see this (i know im a bit late to the party) but i am a little concerned about the authenticity.. there are very few correct primary sources about the period, even the bayeux tapestry is incorrect on some things.
  8. George385

♣ 24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Company H "The Currahee Rangers" ♣ EU/NA

The Volunteers Handbook

*coming soon*​

Rank Abbreviations

1Naetio.png

Officers are long standing members of the regiment who have proved themselves in leading and shown that they're responsible. These men lead on the battlefield along with taking care of other administrative duties.

Captain : Overall leader of the regiment makes sure that everyone is having a good time in the regiment & takes the final decisions regarding the regiment.
    Also leads the regiment on the field both during training's and competitive events.

Lieutenant : Captain's left hand men; takes responsibility in the absence of the Captain. Also leads their individual platoons.

Second Lieutenant : Assists the Lieutenant in his platoon management.

vUmg2fN.png

NCOs are members of the regiment who have shown their dedication to the regiment in addition to interest in leading. NCOs help the officer with menial task such as keeping attendance records and keeping discipline within the company. It's a role where you are constantly learning the way a regiment works. It's also a role that requires you to always be a good example for the enlisted men helping them in anyway they possibly can.

Sergeant Major : Senior NCO of the regiment; keep discipline within the line.

Sergeant : Assists the Sergeant Major with discipline.

Corporal : NCO in training, that has proven his dedication and displays leading potential.

lXYYbmu.png

The enlisted are the main part of the regiment and most important one. These men should be highly disciplined and dedicated to the regiment, attending every event possible. You start out as a Volunteer, proving your dedication and discipline. You're an official member upon being promoted to Private. To advance through the enlisted ranks you need discipline, skill & a great deal of maturity.

Veteran : The most skilled in the regiment both in melee and shooting.

Private First Class : Long time members of the regiment that have proven themselves in combat.

Private : The backbone of the regiment; should have basic knowledge of combat and formations.

Volunteer : Entry level rank, still learning basics. Will be set on trials to see if he/she has what it takes to join the 24thGA!

Musician : Plays the drums!

[size=12pt]Ranks & Roster[/size]

Ranks
    9tnwcm.png
    Captain - Cpt
    24gm7ub.png
    Lieutenant - Lt
    2e49rtj.png
    Second Lieutenant - sLt

15rjyav.png
    Sergeant Major - SgtMaj
    2e541zb.png
    Sergeant - Sgt
    125hova.png
    Corporal - Cpl

4kxj0k.png
    Veteran - Vtrn
    2ldbpcp.png
    Private First Class - Pfc
    ab3uxf.png
    Private - Pvt
    54hcsp.png
    Volunteer - Vol

110c7jd.png
    Musician - Mus
    [td]
    29de32h.png
    [/td]
      [td] [/td] [td]
    Harp.png
    [/td]

[td]                [/td]
    [td]1st Platoon, EU
    24gm7ub.png
    Lieutenant
    2e49rtj.png
    Second Lieutenant

125hova.png
    Corporal

ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private
    ab3uxf.png
    Private

110c7jd.png
    Musician
    [/td][td]                      [/td][td]2nd Platoon, NA
    24gm7ub.png
    Lieutenant - George385
    2e49rtj.png
    Second Lieutenant

2e541zb.png
    Sergeant
    ab3uxf.png
    Private Odsonguys
    ab3uxf.png
    Private Highhustler
    ab3uxf.png
    Private Darthaussie
    [/td]

9. George385

♣ 24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Company H "The Currahee Rangers" ♣ EU/NA

This regiment is mainly for Battle Cry of Freedom, however, we are recruiting for North and South Mod About Us In 24th Georgia (also called the Irish Legion) you can expect experienced leaders that likes to have fun above brainless training's or historical accuracy. We will of course have...
  10. George385

Any downloadable skins for N&S

new update is coming soon, you wont want new skins after that, i can assure you.
  11. George385

Mosby's Rangers [NA, Confederate, Recruiting]

Pineapple Emperor said:

... yes
  12. George385

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

brata123 said:
    I just want .. to.. know.. when.. this... sh-- will.. be... released.. please.. please

when its done
  13. George385

Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

strigel said:
    Seeking a regiment, preferably in the Union.

Infantry/artillery, I would like to be a drummer or a fighter.
    Would like a well drilled group with some dedication.

Don't have a mic, speaks Swedish and English.

/Severin

If you're alright with Confederate then try the 26th North Carolina, add me on steam for more info - araluen494
  14. George385

2e régiment de chasseurs-à-pied de la Garde impériale

Think the names taken... Good luck doe
  15. George385

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

so you guys who want to see more and even play with docm's stuff, play north and south... hes working on a heap of new models for it.

http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=18839.0

for the impatient people who cant wait to play this mod, or just play with docm's work, thats an alternative.

and to stop you guys from getting butthurt that theres no updates on his work...

n92qnvj9.jpg
  16. George385

Company D, 2nd Virginia Volunteer Infantry "Berkeley Border Guards" (RECRUITING)

michaelsmithern said:
    Steam Name:Michaelsmithern
    Are you active?: yes, except for on monday tuesday and wednesday. i have to take my dad to physical therapy for a couple weeks. i think it ends in october idk

Sorry, we disbanded, but for BCoF we have joined the ranks of the 24th Georgia Irish Regiment.
  17. George385

Officers Hotspot

people have tried this before. one of the admins just spammed the **** out of the announcements. so not going to work.
  18. George385

Company D, 2nd Virginia Volunteer Infantry "Berkeley Border Guards" (RECRUITING)

JAKMACK said:
    Steam Name: JAKMACK
    Are you active?: Yes

You can only be in 1 regiment at a time for one module.. i see youve applied to many on this board.

If you wish to commit to the 2ndVA, and no other regiment for N&S, then you may add me on steam - araluen494.
Back
Top Bottom