Search results for query: *

1. Warband in Linux

It won't work for me unless I install DirectX9. The best way to do that is to use Winetricks.

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Also I had no /usr/lib/wine.  I had a /usr/local/lib/wine/ instead where I put the .dll for the mouse fix.
  2. Troop trees? Faction overviews? where can i find them?

I second this, i would really like to see a troop tree.
  3. A couple of solid suggestions to improve gameplay

Gabe123 said:
    Horse fighters should have a substantial advantage like they do now. But adding in a ducking option might not be impossible/innacurate. Have any of you ever tried to swing at a crossbowman as you run by only to have him lean down and reload just in time to avoid your attack? I know that the crossbowman didn't intentionally avoid the attack by reloading, it just so happened that he reloaded when you attacked, but it does prove that a ducking option would work with M&B's mechanics. So that idea isn't really all that far-fetched.

I have thought about that so many times.
  4. Button, to grab all loot after battle

Well first off Night Ninja I have been playing Mount and Blade all Summer.  I may not be able to find my way around Zendar but I seriusly doubt that 0.960 is withholding any secrets from me.

Ronan said:
    This idea is good, simple and easy to make. So why in hell should this not be implemented. Why would it be bad to have such a button? None of the people who oppose have made any logical arguments, so this idea = Win.

I am bring this up again because none of the opponents of this idea have actually addressed this.  All they do is keep on spamming **** about auto-win buttons and such.  If this idea was implemented there is no reason why you guys couldn't just keep on ctrl-clicking the loot you want.  It would just be a little button in the corner of the screen that you could use or not use.  It is up to the developers to decide whether or not a new idea suggested on the forums is worth their time to code, and ours to discuss whether or not it is a desirable addition to the game.  I am sure that some of us would use it always, some people sometimes, and others never.  But just the button being is not detrimental to anyone's playing experience.
  5. Button, to grab all loot after battle

omzdog said:
    Yes and your counter was countered by me. And don't be talking to Night Ninja like that. I'm sure he knows much more than you about this forum and M&B

He who speaks loudest and last is not right.
  6. Button, to grab all loot after battle

Night Ninja said:
    It's a slippery slope.

Next thing you'll see is people making threads that discuss the addition of a 'win the game' button, and questioning how it would impact the game negatively.
    If you actually bothered to read the topic before posting you would have seen that not only was the comparison between an auto loot button and a win the game button made.  But was also brilliantly countered by me.  By comparing it to another feature already in the game, that I doubt anyone would argue is remotely similar to a win the button game, I made it crystal clear to anyone and everyone how silly and devoid of any logic that argument is.
  7. Button, to grab all loot after battle

I don't generaly feel like running all around the map visiting towns looking for tournaments, and they are only about 3500 denars max.  Anyway all this talk about how easy it is to get money is fairly irrelevent to what we are disscussing.

How about you put forth a way in which this suggestion would impact the the game in a negative way.
  8. Button, to grab all loot after battle

omzdog said:
    What a stupid thing to say. If you can't be bothered to pick good loot then don't bother picking loot at all. Money is quite easily attainable in the game and should be no-ones trouble even during the early stages against bandits and looters. Any good loot will stand out amoung the rest anyway so a "pick all the good items for me" button is quit a waste of time to script and create.
    Ummm, only if you go around pillaging every village in sight, or spend most of your time traveling across the map to trade.  Having a large army of elite units gaurding you feifs and one following you arround can get quite expensive.  Not to mention buying the best armor for you and you companions, and improving your feifs.
  9. Pre-Battle formation time?

The Mercenary said:
    You can. Tell them to hold position as soon as everyone spawns. Ta-da!

Don't work good on flat ground against Khergits who choose to rush you.  Also makes your troops swarm around you.  I personally would rather just have your troops start out holding the position they spawn at rather than charging.  Lets you organize them easier and quicker.
  10. Button, to grab all loot after battle

omzdog said:
    Priapus said:
    I think it is a good idea.  Rather than haveing to go through and look at all item prices and pick the highest one after each battle you just click one button and get the most valuable loot.  It would save me a lot of time.

Well then why don't we just make a [win game] button for you eh? That would save you a lot of time

What  a stupid thing to say.  Picking through you loot is boring, unlike unlike fighting battles.  Having a button to grab loot is no different than having a menu at the enter town/village screen to buy goods, visit castle, visit tavern, recruit troops ect.  It gives you the same result, just saves you time compared to running through around town on your horse or on foot.
  11. A couple of solid suggestions to improve gameplay

thgonace said:
    Suggestion 3

Falling from your horse due to your horse taking to much damage should inflict damage to the rider based on the speed the horse was going at the time of death and the riders armour

Reason: makes sense and weakens the overpowered riders
    I agree with this completely.
  12. Button, to grab all loot after battle

I think it is a good idea.  Rather than haveing to go through and look at all item prices and pick the highest one after each battle you just click one button and get the most valuable loot.  It would save me a lot of time.
  13. Men just hanging around

I have this same problem.  During some battles they charge good or follow me good and then all of a sudden they break ranks get spread out and most of them don't do anything.  I t happens with mine and enemy troops during the same battles.
  14. Dynamic Battlefield Troop Spawns

Hmmm, I really thought this would produce more feedback.
  15. I think it is time to remove some mercs

Because we like our knights.
  16. Dynamic Battlefield Troop Spawns

I do have the battlesize changer installed and have it set 160 (much higher gives me ridiculous fps) so thats on average 80 my side 80 enemy.  That still means at least two waves when facing any decent enemy around my usual party size and more when you have multiple lords involved. 
    Also, I don't think you would really need time to organize them again if they spawned closer to the battle and rushed right in.  After all the main reason you organize your troops is to keep them together so they engage the enemy together rather than getting all spread out (yes I know there are others but they don't figure in much at this stage of the battle).
  17. Dynamic Battlefield Troop Spawns

When I am fighting large battles where there are two or more waves of troops I find that it is usually advantageous to try and keep my troops as close to my sides spawn as possible.  However it gets annoying when the enemy lord parks his army at his spawn and you have to charge him, or when your...
  18. Phalangite (Phalanx) unit feedback.

I agree with ultimaratioregum.
  19. Wildly Fluctuating Cattle Prices

Sinan said:
    I've seen >1,300 Denars/Head when there were at least 12 available, and I've seen 200/head when there's one available.
    I've seen as low as 22 with one head.
    One other thing I have noticed is that buying cattle from a village makes the price of beef go up at the village.
  20. Mod Realistic Items

I agree with Conall, the rusty armor especially looks way to rusty.
Back
Top Bottom