Search results for query: *

• Users: Damn
  • Order by date
  1. 41st Welch Brigade ~Closing~

Gregory_Jenkins here!

Just applied on gamedecider, waiting for answer. Cheers :grin:
  2. Weekly Line battle Event

Hey people!

I'm new to teamspeak, so plz tell me what channel I should join ( entered 22nd.eu adress) to get my LB password when the time comes? I'm not in any regiment so far. Will I get password if I stay in lobby?
  3. Testing the damage model... now the bow is clearly overpowered (SVN)

I don't rly know what's going on here. When I played pre10 couple'o'weeks ago, I was surprised with archery balance. Being dedicated gamer-archer myself, I started custom siege defence with that vaegir archer char + eastern mixed army ( about 100 men, 60% archers) against somewhat bigger western europe army. And guess what? We got PWND by those heavy-armored troops. Only way to deal damage to them is aiming for the damn face (hitting helmet didn't do any damage, idk if that's just my luck or you managed to set the hitting zone at the face part of helmet).

While archer-bots can be devastating to lightly-armored troops, if you want to stop heavies, you have to get xbowmen.

4. Is Rome Unsiegable ?

Yeah, + it doesn't declare wars at all and war can't be declared against it, afaik.

I agree with this feature, coz otherwise Papal States would be wiped out within 2 weeks in every early game.
  5. Leveling in middle east

Daedelus_McGee said:
    The rate they spawn is just so overwhelming that they will push your troops up into wildly expensive elite status faster than you could pay for them with the recovered loot. 

Well, nobody actually makes you promote your units - in the early game I have 2 tier troops with like 1\3 of tier 3 troops (since I roam with 20 men party, it's not much).
  6. Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Yep, changing things in RGL config.txt doesn't work.

If smb would make Corpse Sizer, he'd become my hero  :grin:
  7. Leveling in middle east

Well, once I was lucky enough to find a Robbing Knight Errant lair. Earlier that day I finished off 2 Robbing knights parties, which are really rare. So, I suppose, those lairs rly are outlaw spawn points.
  8. Leveling in middle east

AFAIK, no specific spawn points (at least no outlaw party spawned near meh in years of playin' M&B).

1 advise - if you find outlaw lair, DO-NOT-DESTROY-IT. It can be your desired bandit spawn location. Another thing is, those are really hard to find...
  9. Patch won't work.

well, not 100% all, but pretty often (and in some weird places like England and Norway etc)
  10. Patch won't work.

I'm talking about that hotfix (patch.zip), available from the download page. It contains great fixes, I think it's not fully working in my case - after installing it (and fully reinstalling), I still have cuman mercs everywhere + my polearms don't ever break. No problems with the skybox though...
  11. enjoying the tournaments a lot

Well, I kinda agree here - this mod features best tournaments ever. But there's another side of this medal - you can fully enjoy tournaments only after you get good enough equipment yourself (which is historically accurate - no bums were allowed to participation back then- but can be somewhat irritating in early game, when you can't afford even mediocre weapon)
  12. Question of honor

No offence of course  :grin: Was laughing myself at this weird situation I got myself into. While I can understand my king's reaction to my initiative (that dumb vassal will get us in trouble) and, maybe, marshal's (oh snap! that idiot won't let us enjoy peace !), but it's 1\2 to 1\3 of all lords who don't like me (some didn't knew me personally, when we first met after my heroic deeds, they already had from -10 to  like -30 with me)
    + some neutral faction lords (bulgarian kingdom, if I recall) won't let me into their castles. Again, lords I've never met.

Just realized that whole world hates meh  :cry: But I was thinking about my brothers in belief! And some dollar-dollar, just by the way  :grin:
  13. Question of honor

I think that once you get horrible honor rating you get hated by some number of lords, regardless of their nationality (those old-school chivalry fans  :grin: ), coz I have intact by that honor-plague lords in my faction as well  :grin:

EDIT

Well, after recalling some facts from mah game, I think I know where things could get ugly:

1) I joined Crusader States
    2) At war with Mamluks (have been raiding villages, but did not checked honor rating\side text info)
    3) Finished off Mamlukes, short period of no war.
    4) Not wanting to disband my 40 knights, I figured that army should feed itself and went for my own (no official war) anti-mongol crusade (with looting villages, but still didn't checked the side texts). I thing this is the point where things could go wrong - I mean getting "- honor" for looting factions villages I'm not at war with. But this self-made crusade wasn't long enough, coz Roman Empire (red one) declared war on us. That's when I noticed I'm getting "-honor" for looting villages - but now they belong to our enemies. I'm so confused.
    5) Another war started with Kingdom of Sicily, and again I gain "-honor" for raids in its villages.

Could honor system mess up after I attacked nation that was neutral to Crusader States? Coz now I'm 100% sure I'm dishonored every time I loot village of our enemy.

+
    I lose honor when I choose "you're my prisoner now". Not rly sure it wasn't neutral lord though  :grin:
  14. Question of honor

So, my problem is: I noticed that looting villages drops your honor rating. AFAIK, it's not like things used to be in native. So right now my honor is like -130 or smth like that, and most of my faction lords hate me ( marshall hates meh strongly : - 60  :D ). And now I'm worried. As a vassal...
  15. More in depth village control?

Since village role in your budget is represented by gold, it won't rly matter what it is focused on. I like and agree with the way it is. It could be cool to micro your first village fief, but in the late game, when you have TONS of them, necessity to babysit each one will be a pain in the arse.

So I agree with what we have now:
    village=gold
    wealthy village (with mill built\untouched by foes) = even more gold

Reasonably enough to keep it secure and build some improvements, and no big deal if damaged.
  16. Formations yes or no

Tchan said:
    othr said:
    Basic formations exist in Warband, your troops form a line and that's sufficient enough for now.

Weve got formations working in Brytenwalda, shieldwall etc, it's far better than a single line. Is it not possible to use the same technique in 1257?

was about to post this - Brytenwalda has formations working ok. Dunno if I'm asking for too much, othr, but could you contact its devs for aid?
  17. why would I open other than dyeworks ?

I think it's cost effectiveness.
    You see, dyeworks start bringing actual income after about 15 weeks (average, considering income of each is 600-650), coz it costs 10,000 denars just to get it running.
    On the other hand, wine press is much cheaper to get running ( 4000 I think), and I have 570 denars\week from it in one town, so it takes only 7 weeks to start bringing income.

But I agree, in the long run there is rly no point to open any other enterprises right now. I think this business system has A LOT of potential, it just needs some polishing.
    What I would like to see is great price variety for raw materials around the world - right now there is no big difference between raw silk price in mamluk sultanate and norway towns, what pretty much kills the idea, + your enterprises sell production in town they produce it, what wouldn't be very profitable IRL. Of course you can order them to stockpile goods and then sell it manually, but, IMO, this game is ready to have trading routes\caravan creation features (since patrols are already presented in-game, I think that caravan creation would be smth similar thus not hard to implement)
    Sry, just some kind of suggeston, not trying to hijack them thread :wink:

Actually, it's pretty much native's problem since there is no point in other enterprises as well.
  18. Multiplayer lag really sucks.

I'm lucky enough to play at my fav servers (which are quite popular and well-known online) with ping below 50ms. But STILL I'm experiencing a hellofalot hitbox lags - like thrusts getting through model without dealing any damage or OBVIOUSLY MISSED OVERHEAD SWINGS, 1-hit killing ya.

This crippled hitbox issue makes life of facehuggers a focking paradise - bugged sweetspots, hitboxes, and useless kick (which is even more useless with those hitboxes)

All in all, this suxx.
  19. BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.1

To Idibil

1) they were some equivalent of sea raiders from native - bandit party with "ship captain" unit (Eastern England faction). Everyone had simple round shield, but you can't hit their legs for sure.

2) You could make brokers pay more for prisoners - still some interest to look for them. Right now, If you got your neighbors pissed off, your only hope to sell prisoners is their spawn in one of 2 your faction's city.

+ 1 more bug - some villages have houses flying.
  20. BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.1

great mod so far, I love it how battle feels slow-paced. I have only 2 things to mention:

1) Forcefield of shields - While I see arrow hitting enemy's foot, it somehow gets absorbed by lower part of shield. What would harm in native does nothing in this mod. I think it's a bug.

2) Suggestion - could you make tavern keepers buy prisoners? Coz finding one in your tiny kingdom is always a pain.
Back
Top Bottom