Search results for query: *

1. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

BernhardTheUgly said:
    Korinov said:
    BernhardTheUgly said:
    Korinov i know you allready dispatched this matter but what about making the grandmaster tittle be taken away if  for example the given grandmaster reaches 1000 controversy and is replaced by order of his holyness the pope.

No.

The Grandmaster is the leader of the faction, not the marshall, so he'll never reach 1000 controversy anyway.

Ok i will hereby quit sujesting stuff about the orders so that you may work in peace once again :/ XD
    Will you begin to learn to speak English instead? Possibly a better use of your time.
  2. CognitoErgoSum

With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Archonsod said:
    Aww, more butthurt?

Nope, no butthurt. Firstly because this time around I knew what to expect of Taleworlds, and also because this mod costs only half of what the previous one did. So I'm good. :grin: Just pointing it out for the newbies who might think this is actually a new game or something.
    Saying that you aren't butthurt only makes you seem more butthhurt. +1 to Archonsod
  3. CognitoErgoSum

Installing mods on a Mac with Wine [help me]

Would someone be able to help me install mods for Fire and Sword? I don't know how to do it. I downloaded the game from paulthetall.com and then bought the serial key. Help??
  4. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

corwin_of_amber said:
    seti91 said:
    I do not know if it is repetitive, but should include the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Byzantium, as well as Saladin.

The Byzantines, Kingdom of Jerusalem, and Ayyubids are all planned, they will take time to implement though...

Saladin would have been awesome but alas he died 7 years prior the starting date of this mod, so he wont make it  :sad: If it's any consolation, Saladin's brother and successor Al-malik al- Adil is the leader of the Ayyubids in 1200 and hence will be in the mod.
    I think that the Arab lords should all have pretty high surgery and wound treatment levels since the Muslims were incredibly medically advanced compared to the Europeans
  5. CognitoErgoSum

WB 1429 et après? Idées pour FantasyWarrior

lolitablue said:
    CognitoErgoSum said:
    GAHHH! Mon francais est trop mal!  :shock: Haha, je suis desole, merci pour corriger ma grammaire. Je veux devenir un francophone mais je seulement appris le francais pour deux ans. Je pense que si je pratiquer mon francais, je vais ameliorer mon francais.

C'est déjà bien de faire l’effort d'écrire en français, j'ai traduis pas mal de tutoriel anglais mais j'hésite toujours à poster en anglais sur les forums anglais, manque de confiance!

Pas mal pour un débutant, very well anyway!

"Mon français est trop mauvais! :shock: Haha, je suis désolé, merci de corriger ma grammaire et mon orthographe. Je veux devenir francophone mais cela ne fait que depuis deux ans que j'apprends le français. Je pense que plus je pratiquerai mon français et plus je l'améliorerai.
    Merci. Haha. :smile:
  6. CognitoErgoSum

General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

EdmundBlackadder said:
    CognitoErgoSum said:
    Are there claimants in this mod?

Ask Simon de Montfort.
    ....who is that? I found a claimant, I think. He was called Norweign pretender or something, yet he talked about Swadia, and he wanted to rebel against Scotia Maior. Incomplete feature perhaps? And can you aid a claimant when you are already a king? Also, I assigned a fief to Nestor, but then I re-hired him into my party, so that he does not behave like a lord anymore and the game does not recognize him as one. However, he owns the fiefs that I had assigned him. How do I take these fiefs away from him? Also, one of the people that I invited to my party, (where it says "invite local nobles to your court") is not a noble, an I lose relationship points with other lords for it. And the other flaw is obviously, the way that the women all look basically the same or have parts of their face missing. Otherwise, I love the mod.
  7. CognitoErgoSum

Are there claimants in this mod?
  8. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

Duke Baron Kingslord said:
    Love the mod, but please implement a manor system like the one in AD 157.
    There is a reason why this mod does not have many of the Ad1257 features, and that reason is because it is not AD1257.....
  9. CognitoErgoSum

The Port: Main Thread and Download Link: Work Stopped

Volsunga said:
    Im sorry but doesnt seem much inspiration in the aztecs or toltecs or zapotecs or tlaxcaltecs, etc, etc

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/34686503.png/

Do you think that in the future the soldiers snakes can dress like this?: (just an example)

tlaxcaltecas.jpg
    aztecas_warrior_06.jpg
    DO IT!
  10. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

MihailoSRB said:
    corwin_of_amber said:
    Executor-64- said:
    corwin_of_amber said:
    MihailoSRB said:
    Although, I'm probably one of the rare people who still adores default M&B soundtrack.
    I really like the default M&B soundtrack as well... it's very good actually, no need to change it.

Taverns though could use a few lively medieval-ish tracks, something along these lines:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Bcl1EeenM
    i might be wrong, but that example might stray from historicaly correct music...
    i mean if you're in a taven, a music with instruments and popular rythm of that time would fit better, and if churches are fully implemented they will need some audio coverage too
    The link I provided was merely an illustration for what I mean by tavern-ish music. I agree with you. If someone can find some tunes from that era, that would be really nice... not to replace the default soundtrack, but to compliment it... special tracks could be used for particular situations: being in tavern, attacked by assassins at night, sneaking into a town, being discovered by guards while attempting to sneak, raiding a village, helping peasants, raiding a caravan, fighting a superior enemy...
    corwin_of_amber said:
    People often have misconceptions about fitting music for medieval games or films.
    They hear a cool orchestral score and they immediatelly think: ''That's a great music for the middle-ages!''
    For example, there's a little film called ''A Knight's Tale'', starring the late Heath Ledger, as a late medieval knight who fights at tournaments.
    The songs in the filmed included mainly 20th century rock songs, from bands such as AC/DC, Queen, etc.
    Now, many people complained that the film's music is not fitting for its time period.
    And it isn't, but the epic orchestral music that we commonly associate with medieval films also isn't accurate, because that orchestral music appeared a few hundred years after the middle-ages.
    Which means that even the default Mount & Blade soundtrack isn't all that accurate for its own game.

My point is - if we are to change the music for our mod, we need to decide whether we are going to:
    a) have an epic-orchestral music themes (like default Warband has), found in most historical games and films
    b) or to have an accurate music from the time period (courtly music with the instruments found in 1200, and also the church music)

I personally think it will be a bad idea to mix them two - either we're gonna go for epicness, or for historical accuracy.

CognitoErgoSum said:
    Hey guys, I really love your mod and would like to be the 2D artist for it(if you need one) PM me.
    Probably.
    Contact our leader, Korinov, tell him what you can do, and he will tell you if he has any use for your skills.
    Ehh... I would probably say that A Knight's Tale is more Renaissance-themed, but I see your point. I think that authentic medieval music would be better for the game than orchestral music. Also, I had already sent Korinov a private message like this about a week before posting it on the page. Would you mind promoting this idea to him?
  11. CognitoErgoSum

Oh, and this mod is great, the only issue that I have noticed is that the Ladies are hideous. Maybe my texture for them isn't working or something.
  12. CognitoErgoSum

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Cozur said:
    The design of the Arakh in the TV-show is based on the Khopesh, widely used around 3000 BC. It was a very effective weapon, sort of a cross between an axe and a scimitar.
    A khopesh is actually more of a cross between a sickle and a scimitar.
  13. CognitoErgoSum

WB 1429 et après? Idées pour FantasyWarrior

GAHHH! Mon francais est trop mal!  :shock: Haha, je suis desole, merci pour corriger ma grammaire. Je veux devenir un francophone mais je seulement appris le francais pour deux ans. Je pense que si je pratiquer mon francais, je vais ameliorer mon francais.
  14. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

Hey guys, I really love your mod and would like to be the 2D artist for it(if you need one) PM me.
  15. CognitoErgoSum

Suggestions and Critique

mainly adding alliances and trade agreements will make the game better.
  16. CognitoErgoSum

Uhh,,,... How do I add to  my garrison once I have a fief?
  17. CognitoErgoSum

Warband Mods (updated 10.06.11)

Brytenwalda, Europe 1200, AD1257, and Clash of Kings are the best.
  18. CognitoErgoSum

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

AnddyiRaynor said:
    CognitoErgoSum said:
    peterzloto12 said:
    it just seems a bit odd that vanilla soldiers have taken the place of the epic ones we see in the show and in the books.
    WHAT! How can you see soldiers in books!!! What kind of sorcery is this?! Khaleesi, let me kill this witch!!!

Pretty sure they are described in the books, did you think that the t.v show just makes it all up?

Ah that dragon was black in the books so lets make it white in the t.v show/ game or what ever. *that was an example of your logic*
    I have no idea how the example you gave has anything to do with what I said.... Unless you were talking to Peter....? Also, be careful of basing your arguments off of "pretty sure".
  19. CognitoErgoSum

Public Poll

karadjordje3 said:
    I vote for the idea that player should be able  to choose his own culture when he creates a kingdom, including the neutral culture
    I vote for this as well.
Back
Top Bottom