Search results for query: *

1. I thought this was the dark ages?

Dell'arte della Guerra will fix a lot of what's wrong with it. It's already far too late for TW to start making changes on it and lean back towards historical parallelism.

lol
    Yeah, I don't expect them to redo all the armors and weapons to fit correctly to their time period, it's far too late for that. It just seems like every game, movie, tv show etc has descended into adding more and more fantasy elements. I really wish they went the other direction and I had huge hopes for Bannerlord a long time ago on this. I still got my money's worth, and mods can fix most of this in time. I just hope they fix this for new game titles.
  2. I thought this was the dark ages?

Well what did you expect? An exact copy of certain historical cultures but only renamed? I think theyre allowed some room for fantasy.

Anyway, if we're going to say battania are britons, then they're not in the right time. In the dark ages the britons were romanized if i recall correctly. I would say batannia draws its inspiration from various celts.
    They're allowed room for mixing inspiration on factions. It's really just strange to see such heavy armors for me, given the timeline parallels. Most stuff didn't feel super out of place for Warband. It said the year was around 1256, but the armors all felt more 1300 in reality. But that applied to everyone equally, so it didn't break my immersion since everyone was at around the same technological level. But with Bannerlord is all over the place, and with some very silly fantasy stuff that's just not realistic.
  3. I thought this was the dark ages?

I'm an avid Mount and Blade fan. I have thousands of hours in the previous titles and about 300 in Bannerlord. I loved the old game. When they announced that this would be set after the fall of the Calradian Empire and be a couple hundred years before Warband, admittedly I was a little...
  4. why cant employ mercenary in city?

It's hard to find the regular mercenaries though, the though and armed traders take a lot of the spawns in taverns.
  5. Was procedurally generated battlefields removed?

I'm not opposed to procedurally generated terrain, but warband's terrain was usually just ugly, especially in the mountains.
  6. Smithing Balance

I think they should remove the need of unlocking parts outright.
    They should expand the failure system, you will fail if you try to smith something that is way above your skill.
    They could just make it so you can't Smith something above 10 points of your skill level. That way you can still push the envelope to level up but it wouldn't be cheating. I like the idea of getting rid of unlocks.
  7. Smithing Balance

So now I'm grinding out one mostly tier 4 2 handed sword because I can't unlock tier 5 parts. They need to redo the unlock system, seriously. At 265 skill and barely moving. What a grind!
  8. Smithing Balance

Use companions. They also have a smithing skill, and you can unlock stuff with them.

Perhaps them being level 0 in it will make it so you can get recipes faster?
    I just tried it. It doesn't affect the unlock rate. Might as well get the skill for my character.
  9. Smithing Balance

Use companions. They also have a smithing skill, and you can unlock stuff with them.

Perhaps them being level 0 in it will make it so you can get recipes faster?
    I'll try that. Thanks.
  10. Smithing Balance

Though now I'm at a point where I can't unlock stuff cause my skill is too high.
  11. Smithing Balance

Make the highest level two handed weapons that you can. And make the blade big to increase difficulty. You'll unlock stuff fast.
  12. Smithing Balance

That wouldn't be bad so you could get exactly what you want. I doubt they would do it though. They went all in on this unlock system.

The other gripe I have is that smithing two handed weapons gives far more unlocks than single handed weapons with similar similar material costs.
  13. Smithing Balance

I've leveled my smithing to about 250 and I've noticed some issues. Unlocks are totally random but as I progress, tier 1 items become useless when I have tier 2 items unlocked. They become useless once I have tier 3 items unlocked etc. But I've got several blades for tier 5 unlocked but I'm...
  14. Only helmets as a winning price in tournaments? ...Beta 1.1.

Confirmed for Vlandian tournaments.
  15. Improving Spears (so they can be fun)

When you compare any spear to the billhook, the spear seems way underpowered. It's also way easier to hit someone with a swing than with a stab, especially when moving, and that's all they can do. Currently playing a spear user without shield and she struggles.

I'd like to see a buff to speed and damage, though both should be small. Also low blunt damage side swing to help with fighting someone trying to push close.
  16. Help Leveling Troops

I've ignored this feature in every game that has it just because its always terrible. Hopefully they make it so fighting the battle gives as much xp.
  17. Help Leveling Troops

Just tried it and it at least tripled my promotes. Unfortunately it quadrupled my wounded. Doc kept them all alive though.
  18. Help Leveling Troops

Yeah, I've got a healer, not sure how much it helps though. I'll try the simulate. Thanks.
  19. Help Leveling Troops

Any cool tips anyone have for leveling recruits in large numbers? The leadership perk Raise The Meek is not working and I'm on clan tier 3. I keep getting assigned castles and can't hold them due to my army being full of level 1s. Also, mercenaries seem hard to find. Most are crap.
  20. Hideouts making no sense

You no longer lose your army when you fail. Make sure your game is up to date.
Back
Top Bottom