Search results for query: *

1. MetalCh3

Open Lost my High Level Character Because of a Bug

Not very shocking to see no one cares about this useless DLC anymore. Not even its developers.
  2. MetalCh3

Open Lost my High Level Character Because of a Bug

I completed the Hadrian's wall quest, and got Caio as a companion. He had pretty good stats so I quickly quick-saved afterwards. I took some steps and, crash. Now whenever I load my save, it crashes, on the loading screen, so I can't even log in to kick him out the group. My save file might...
  3. MetalCh3

Ülkece Bırakmamız Gereken Alışkanlıklar

Warband'da geçirdiğim 2000 saatten sonra geri döndüm bir hesaba bakayım dedim. Bu thread'i 2013'te daha 16'yken açmışım. Vay arkadaş. Zaman geçiyor.
  4. MetalCh3

İlişki Konusu - "Seviyosan bence git konuş abi"

Aşk denen şey boşa bir meşgaledir ve insanların işini aksatan gereksiz bir uğraşıdır.
    Komik olma kardeşim belli ki hiç aşık olmamışsın.
  5. MetalCh3

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Flingit said:
    Not sure I would call it a bug, but I built the camp from the Old Ruins, and when talking to the campmaster, one option was to "Leave all my troops here". The camp could only garrison 50 at the time, but it took all my troops from my party, and everybody in excess of 50 disappeared! Doh!

I think it was a feature in Mount and Blade: Viking Conquest so they work similarly, you can talk to the grandmaster again to take all your troops and then place 50 troops seperately.

Bug- This probably an already known bug but- CTRL+S or CTRL+A to automatically pick up troops or prisoners sometimes crashes the game. Tested on Dx:9
    ----- The Jatu steppe area north of Elacrai, can't be clicked sometimes and results in player party stopping, kind of bothersome when kiting unique spawns.
  6. MetalCh3

sher said:
    It's certainly not normal. I'd lower battlesize first of all, restoring other settings to default until game become stable may help too. Alt+tab is certainly not recommended with warband, like never do this at all or restart application after it which is the same. My game can run smoothly for day (real) if not reloading saves much.

Yes I would agree that it is directly tied to reloading saves and I tend to do it a lot since I am starting a new game, hope in the bannerlord they will fix it :smile:
  7. MetalCh3

After soloing a small heretic party that gave me 41 renown, my game crashed and I decided to share my experiences of the instances that game crashes for me.

After ending the battle, on the party window, pressing CTRL+S or CTRL+A to get all the prisoners on my party sometimes crashes my game.
    After loading a save game there is like a %1 chance that the game will crash as well.
    I am also having some CTDs randomly on the campaign map, in battles I haven't experienced any crashes.
    One other thing that is unbearable is the memory leak, Warband had this feature and Pendor has it much more potently. Playing the game longer than 2 hours, loading the game and alt+tab'bing will make the game run much slower on large scale battles, sometimes it will stutter so much that I will go to kitchen, make myself coffee and have a cigarette, and even then battle would still be going on in a silky smooth 1 frames per second. Saving the game doesn't contribute to this problem but once your frames start to suffer, even restarting the game doesn't help. I had this same issue in all my other computers, it is inevitable but any advice would be welcome, also my computer is not overheating and all my drivers are up-to-date. It's the best mod but the memory leak is real bad.
  8. MetalCh3

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Oh wow! Then it is a great addition to the game, thanks ))
  9. MetalCh3

IconracI said:
    There is no option to abandon this location.
    Min upkeep is 500.

Welp, guess who is not completing the quest line now.

What armor does the order of the eventine give when reaching the knight rank? Is the godly Eventide helm with cape still around? What is the best knighthood orders to join in 3.9.4 in terms of armor/gear and battle performance?
  10. MetalCh3

Is it needed to download the hotfix if I have the mod downloaded from steam workshop?
  11. MetalCh3

[SUBMOD]{WIP} "Periphery of Pendor": Progress reports. <BETA available>

Liamar said:
    I'm mostly done with the banners. Will go back to refine them later.

8A4DE425BCFAC530DA4AE69B4FEDA10238DCABBD

Is your work a replacement for the items and banners already in game or will they be added?
  12. MetalCh3

Is it even possible to defend the empire?

Kushana said:
    The Baccus Empire doesn't exactly play like Imperial Rome of 1st century AD (which is the image most commonly ingrained in pop culture). Rather it's more like late medieval Italy, i.e. what the Western Roman Empire could have actually been like if it survived into the Middle Ages as opposed to a warring cluster**** of city states.

That still doesn't stop them from having in my opinion, the most broken roster in the entire game. They have the best KO's, the best lord armies composition in field battles and a common line of troops that can counter even top tier KO stat line units (e.g. gladiators, pikemen and armored crossbowmen)

They literally have no weaknesses if played right, unlike other factions which feel missing out in some category. Best of all, the cheap easily trainable crossbowmen/heavy infantry combo make paramount garrison troops in terms of cost effectiveness, which is something very important in late game.

If you're finding Noldor battles to be too much of a challenge (and they're intended to be that way) you can easily befriend them early on by following their small squads around with a minimal party and joining each scrap they partake in with other random mobs. Alternatively, as lord of a fief, you can release their prisoners that are periodically placed in the prisons of the castles or cities that you own, which is even faster.

Large snake armies are actually a boon, since they yield large amount of xp for you and your party as well as much needed gold, prisoners and loot. As marshal you can gather your faction lords together and have them chase down those pesky snake hordes whenever they show up. Once the initial wave of Serpent Priestesses and Anaconda Knights (which Empire KO's have no trouble dispatching) is dealt with, the rest of their 500-700 or so army is a pushover. If you're lucky you might even get a qualis gem drop from Maltise.

In my games D'shar and Fierds always seem to trample all other factions when I don't tip the balance. Sarleon is the first dead followed by the Empire and in the end it is a standoff between Fierdsvain and the D'shar. However I remember people saying being a vassal of the fierdsvain is the best because they recruit more troops but they are of lesser quality. So when you break up from them your opponents are mostly weak against cavalry (As Fierdsvain recruits are) and they claim a lot of land that you can conquer easily through sieges.

I've never actually joined the Empire though. Waiting for 3.9.4 before starting a new game.
  13. MetalCh3

New To Floris - How to remove combat animations?

Dj_FRedy said:
    See if it works for you... it's literally vanilla animations maintaining the shieldbash and pike bracing animations, as what @monnikje initially offered.
    https://pastebin.com/VD23Pb5s

Thanks for noticing but how can I exactly modify it? Actions.txt links provided in the forum don't work and the animations are the only thing that disturbed me, making me quit the game after 5 minutes, if I can find a file and replace it for vanilla animations I will gladly start a new game. Thanks in advance.
  14. MetalCh3

dani26795 said:
    Does defending a town from the siege of a unique spawn count towards the "Defeat 7/15 unique spawns" achievements?
    I did that in the early days of my current save, defending Marleons from the 3 seers, so I'd like to know if that made it still count.

I don't really know but I doubt it. I remember only getting that achievement if I manually click and attack the stack, even if lords join, it's counted towards the achievement. It's easiest to get when you're the marshall and assembling an army.
  15. MetalCh3

Weird battle experience

-Have you tried running the game in Directx7 or if you have been using direct x7 change it to 8-9 if available.
    -Do the some testing and tell us about the experience.
    -Does the fps drop to 20 when an enemy hits another enemy, is the lag a stutter or constant 20FPS gameplay even when looking at the ground?
    -Does the FPS drop when you have played for some hours or is the lag there from minute 1?
    ---If it happens after some time of play restart the game and do the same battle to see if your pc stutters in the first rounds, and again report it to here so I can analyze what exactly is the problem.
    ------Before all this be sure to update your graphics card driver, update directx and check your CPU temperature when you are experiencing the lag. If you see your CPU temps around 80-90, if you have intel turbo, uninstall it. That program accelerates your cpu speed but makes it much hotter.
    -You can also reinstall the game but I don't think that can help. Also it doesn't help with the ingame FPS in battles whether the game is installed on a SSD or HDD, so don't worry about it. It will only affect game loading time in the start. I tested to see if installing the game on SSD helps but really it is only 3-5 seconds difference in the loading screen, not really worth it. I think your problem is either graphics card needing an update, computer overheating, or simply playing the game more than 1-2 hours just makes it slower no matter what you do, especially loading up saved games will cause slowdowns, but saving will not slow your game.
  16. MetalCh3

Huillam said:
    MetalCh3 said:
    What do I need to do? Do I have to manually fight the battle to capture them? Does autocalculating always fail now?
    If a noldor unique spawn (Aeldarian or Ithilrandir) fights against another unique spawn, the defeated one (no matter which side lose the battle) always escapes.
    What you can do is "pull" one spawn into close proximity of another so they fight each others (I assume that you already know how to do that) but don't join the battle. Stay close enough until they disengage and one of them try to flee It feels like pressing ctrl + space to speed up the time increases the odds of that happening but it's fairly risky.
    You can use that to weaken a unique spawn and then use a generic army to fight them and try to capture them.

As long as neither Ithilrandir nor Ithilrandir are involved you can still join a battle between two unique spawns to capture one. But as IconracI said reloading a save prior to that battle won't change the result of the capture roll.
    Thanks for the information I will just wait until they disengage :smile:
  17. MetalCh3

Huillam said:
    @MetalCh3: Did you try to use a unique noldor spawn to your advantage? The defeated unique now always escape. Altough it's possible to use that strategy to weaken a unique spawn: in my last playthrough I used Maltise to weaken noldor uniques and then pulled them into generic jatu armies.

What do I need to do? Do I have to manually fight the battle to capture them? Does autocalculating always fail now?

Chasseur said:
    Should you develop your skills beyond 10 or do the effects cap at that level?

Beyond 10? Game doesn't allow you to raise beyond 10, but if you're using tweaks I believe the skills cap goes as far as 15, someone mentioned it earlier.
  18. MetalCh3

IconracI said:
    Base chances are re-rolled every few days, so user dosen't have to waste his/her time and reload game many times to change outcomes. Can focus on the game itself, not on the save/load menu.

With prisoner management at 10 chances are 90%, but even with 6 (70%) it is rather hard to not catch most of the unique heroes.

I'm glad to hear that I will wait a week and try again then, having only 3 prisoner management has it's tolls I guess. Thanks based conrac :smile:
  19. MetalCh3

A quick question : Does the capture chance of unique spawns (e.g K'juda the Ravager) are determined before the battles?  I remember saving before luring the unique spawns to each other and autocalc'ing until I capture them but they always seem to escape. If it's prerolled, how can I capture them, do I have to wait a couple days or just eliminate that army and wait for it to spawn back again?

Edit : Found this description in the changes thread.
    1. Reloading game doesn't change outcomes of some events, e.g. asking travelers for treasure chests like the Red Brotherhood one, chance of capture the Qualis Gem heroes, rewards in Noldor tournament. If after few reloads result is the same, accept it and move on 

But still curious, does every spawn now comes predetermined to escape or to be captured? Or does the outcome change after a few days? How does this mechanic work now? I want my early game gems :sad:
  20. MetalCh3

Chasseur said:
    Are there any major downsides to long in-game playtime? Is it okay if I bid my time and take it slow or I am supposed to rush prophesy?

Definitely don't rush it. But my experience is that long play time (Varies from play to play but generally 200 days) results in many kingdoms failing and lords defecting making the balance of power between kingdoms getting thrown out the game. For example if Empire loses 2 of its cities, all Empire lords are affected by it, some lords will lose all their fiefs and bring less troops to fight in the next war and that cycle just goes on and on, rinse and repeat.

What you can do about it is you can join the losing faction as a mercenary and win back the lost territory. However the land that's regained may not be given to the same lords who owned them, it's still better than nothing.

The results will differ with every new game and if it's your first "New Game" just take it slow and enjoy the experience. The chances are that you will make some mistakes allocating your attributes and skills but you can always correct them in the next new playthrough. I generally don't join any factions, hire soldiers or get any companions (because they reduce the amount of quality rare loot) before I have invested in my player character, somewhere around 150th day. I also open up all the most profitable enterprises in every city to afford a healthy army. But that's just my playstyle :smile:
Back
Top Bottom