Search results for query: *

1. Night Ninja

Budget bodging

My ancient laptop has finally given in (Acer 6935), and I'm looking to build a gaming desktop with good longevity and capacity for upgrading in the future. My budget's about 1500 SGD, or about 1200 USD. I'd like some advice on purchasing components, especially graphic cards and storage memory...
  2. Night Ninja

[Suggestions] Differentiating a good block from a bad block.

The main thing I want to accomplish with this suggestion is to encourage people to block early and jam their opponent's attacks while they're being charged. To do this, I was thinking that we could have a system when blocking the opponent's weapon early in their attack arc gives the opponent a...
  3. Night Ninja

Merc's NPC Creation 101

I just got around to trying out NE after a long break from 1.011, and I've noticed a rather disturbing trend with the NPCs. Can anybody read this and this and tell me with a straight face that The Mercenary doesn't use them as a manual for character creation?
  4. Night Ninja

[Suggestion] Draw all two handed swords from the hip

The intent should be fairly obvious from reading the title. Two handed swords like the ones ingame are still fairly easy to draw from a belt scabbard, compared to drawing them over the shoulder. The latter is also completely ahistorical (not to mention near impossible) and commonly associated...
  5. Night Ninja

[Suggestion] Remove turn limit in favour of camera lock/detach on attacking.

Let's face it: the turn limit is extremely clunky and an impediment to smooth gameplay. There's been numerous complaints on how sluggishly the camera moves when looking around, not to mention the camera sync issues when you have to swipe your mouse quickly to respond to attacks from a different...
  6. Night Ninja

[Suggestion] Class upgrades

The basic idea behind this is that you can choose to access a higher-tier class by paying a sum of gold. For example, someone playing as a Veteran could have accumulated a bit of gold, and could choose to upgrade his class to a Huscarl. This class upgrade acts in the same manner as equipment in...
  7. Night Ninja

[Suggestion] Improving bot statistics and equipment.

On the Oceanic server, we play with bots fairly frequently because of the general lack of players on the servers. I've noticed that many troop types are utterly ineffective in their chosen role and often carry substandard equipment. Examples include Vaegir Infantry, Swadian Mounted Crossbowmen...
  8. Night Ninja

[suggestion] Decreasing attack arc for side strikes.

The side swings on Warband seem to cover a lot of ground and aren't very efficient. This also contributes partially to that helichoppa spam thing that people love to do since it's so easy to hit by just swinging blindly. I've noticed that in actual fencing, attacks are always directed straight...
  9. Night Ninja

[Suggestion] More variations in sword design.

At present, buying the 'better' swords gets you a miniscule upgrade over the cheaper weapons. Using different swords doesn't feel substantially different at all, and any improvement is minimal. What I'd like to suggest is that there should be several sword 'archetypes', with each type having its...
  10. Night Ninja

American conservatives ticked off at Obama. Again.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ib8qja0qqnnbZFsHF7kP6GV9XVfQD9AG43GO0 Wow. Just...wow. I used to think that Muslim fundamentalists were irrational, but it seems that they've got nothing on American conservatives.
  11. Night Ninja

Diplomacy Game 2 discussion thread.

Seeing as people have already started signing up for the next game... The current player list is: Morpork (purple) - Xardob Genua (green) - Swordchest Klatch (yellow) - Velmu Muntab (red) - Mage246 Agatea (grey) - Vilhjalmr XXXX (cyan) - Anarion Ogg (blue) - your nightmare Hublands (orange) -...
  12. Night Ninja

Superman's difficulties.

I've always been meaning to post this, but it kept slipping my mind. It's a pretty good analysis of Superman's difficulties in reproducing. http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html
  13. Night Ninja

Lance Penetration

I did a quick search, and this never came up. I find that it's pretty daft to have a soldier being able to fend off a couched lance attack by using his shield. That should not happen. Most shields are not strong enough to stop a lance point with the weight of a charging warhorse and armoured...
  14. Night Ninja

D&D 4th Ed

I was one of those who were going 'Oh noes!!111!! It's all over!!!1' when D&D 4th Ed was released. The rules were overly simplified, in my opinion, and the mechanics were almost like a MMORPG. Granted, some aspects showed a marked improvement over some of the ****ed-up bits of 3.5, but as a...
  15. Night Ninja

Warmachine/Hordes mod?

I'm not sure if this causes IP issues, but has anyone here thought about making a Warmachine/Hordes mod? The background is well developed and documented in many books from PP, and I think the world has real potential. Just a thought. :)
Back
Top Bottom