Search results for query: *

1. Beta e1.7.2 Troop & Equipment Changes

Finally bolts do something!
  2. Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

Yeah, the game would be better if putting an army in the field meant that most of a factions garrisons had to be half-drained but that isn't the case in Bannerlord. Even a small faction can recover like 80-120 men per day -- or even more if there are neutral settlements nearby. It means you really gotta grind on them for awhile before their strength falls. And even then, it isn't like the numbers fall much, just the quality.

If their numbers fall, they just hire all the mercs to boost them back up again.
    While that would be more realistic, I don't see it working very well without a better system in place for new faction emergence. Wars would be over relatively quickly and once smaller, factions would get steamrolled.
  3. Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

Yeah, timing is important, positioning too. You want to come in as the archers are forward so all the arrows and bolts hit your infantry mainline. I personally just do one pass and try to drag as many as possible with me by riding slow but I've seen guys stay in the pocket at full speed with a dozen infantry, just slaughtering them all and rolling a flank solo.
    I may have to play around with this. Thanks for the replies.
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

Distracting the enemy archers and pulling big chunks of their infantry along for the ride, so that your infantry are given really favorable many-on-few matchups. If you're fighting Aserai or Khuzaits, scattering their horse archers with a countercharge.
    Thanks. Figured someone else with a different playstyle might know the answer. So I am assuming you try to time it to where you are not long before the infantry engagement but long enough for the infantry split to create some distance? Do you try to stay just out of reach to keep them busy or do multiple passes where you get close and then move out of range?
  5. Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

that bothering to do any strategies is almost always pretty insignificant
    I've actually turned around some major battles as a captain. Stopping infantry from over-extending is really important if you get that group. Archers is a lot about positioning based on height/line of sight and distance with regard to the enemy forces. Also need to know when to regroup when the AI infantry DOES overextend. I'm less sure about how to properly manage cavalry, though i'd imagine it has to do with target selection and timing for greatest disruption.
  6. 1.5.9 Ok where are the Crossbows?

Lol you are right, I read "arrows" and I never tried picking up bolts
    The thing that really bugs me is that ballistas use bow skill instead of crossbow skill. I mean i'm fine with people with bow skill getting some abilities with it but why on earth is a crossbowman BAD at using a ballista?
  7. No Companion Who Can Take On Quest [HELP]

With 1.6.2 we're bringing in a different system that removes the hard skill requirements altogether. Instead, the companion skill in relation to the issue skill requirements will determine the success chance.
    I hope you are doing something to help players understand the ballpark success chances. Otherwise there will be a lot of annoyed people that don't get the system even if the system works right.
  8. Are TaleWorlds bad at programming?

Mixed bag really. Programming in general is full of mistakes and you have to have a process to minimize those. I'd say project management has been below average. Developers I'd guess they have some above average but mostly a mix of average/below. Some of the vision is bad (oversimplifying things that don't need it), though at the same time some of the things they've prioritized have made a big difference without people really giving them credit.

Overall, I'd say they have had surprisingly good vision, with poor project management, average to poor developers and above average persistence(they seem to get things wrong or break things, yet iteratively stuff keeps improving quite a lot). Oh and abysmal starting community communication though it has improved somewhat.
  9. Is anyone else having trouble burning through enemy faction's high tier troops?

Did you do a fresh start? I'm playing on a fairly old save (from January or thereabouts) so it might be a residual issue from carrying it over so many patches.
    I'm playing a 1.6 game that carried forward into 1.6.1
  10. Goodbye Mexxico, Thanks For Everything! (Mexxico Leaves TW. Tribute Post)

Just wanted to echo everyone else's appreciation. Good communication and logical iterative development that you provided have been a huge benefit to the state of the game.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

The inventory transaction history tooltip now hides new entries after 40 items.
    So I get why this was done, but we really need a scrollbox or something. A list that doesn't fit on the screen was obviously bad, but sometimes we actually want to be able to see details of the later info. Same thing on army composition tooltips.
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

OMG, why not letting the player see the reason for the war in Encyclopedia or something?
    Agreed. This would be good info. Which side declared the war and what their general reason was.

Also I would like to see a better log available for prisoner information related to the war. I think there is a really short one but having more full information about when people were captured, ransomed and freed for the duration of the war would be great info.
  13. Is anyone else having trouble burning through enemy faction's high tier troops?

I haven't been having any issues stomping all over Vlandia with my current game. Probably about 50-50 junk troops and real troops and their party sizes are often pretty small.
  14. 1.5.9 Ok where are the Crossbows?

Stack of bolts should be added in siege defense too... you can have almost unlimited arrows but zero bolts.
    It used to be that arrow barrels worked for bolts too, did they change that?
  15. Noble Genocide

You've missed the point where I was saying that the death chance should be reduced when AI vs AI is implemented, but not to 2% for all the saint. With that rate it'll be hardly a difference playing Warband or Bannerlord.
    I think you may be underestimating the impact of continuously rolling a 2% chance.
  16. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

An option to disable map notifications was added
    Easily one of the biggest changes this version.
  17. Faction Troop Trees - an analysis as of 1.5

Going to go through more thoroughly later.

Initial thoughts after a partial read:

Good to see in depth analysis.

I somewhat disagree on Aserai. I think their troops tree is quite good with the big handicap being the skirmisher -> archer upgrade. Khuzaits I think are in a great place in terms of troop tree.

I also would like to challenge the premise of making the trees too similar. I think stuff like bottlenecks at certain points and different t5 counts change army compositions a good deal in a way that is good. That isn't to say that stuff doesn't need fixing or balancing.

Oh and Vlandian militia already had crossbows in 1.5 AFAIK.
  18. Looters are fine, yay or nay?

They are fine. Armor and auto-resolve could both use fixing though.
  19. Armor not protecting

They changed stuff to where tournies and such use blunt damage.
  20. Patch Notes e1.5.0

That was quick! You moved pretty fast on 1.5.0.
    No kidding. I'm excited for the 1.5.1 beta diplomacy stuff!
Back
Top Bottom