Search results for query: *

1. Matthew.J

Resolved Completely broken UI icons in the inventory

Hey guys I had this problem as well and found a resolution that worked for me (tried 2-3 and only this worked but milage may vary) and seeing as there are no comprehensive guides on it I thought id try to contribute a potential solution!
    1. The first thing you want to do is uninstall the game through steam. (Right-click and then Uninstall)
    2. Open your file browser and navigate to your mount and blade Bannerlord folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord) "But Wicked I just uninstalled!" Yes, you did, but sometimes there are lingering files and dumps steam likes to leave behind to make sure some settings save or other technical whatnot (I don't make games just enjoy them).
    3. Delete the Bannerlord folder from there and empty the recycle bin.
    4. Finally re-install Bannerlord.
    this process should clean any artifacts from possible modding or updating that is causing this UI bug. and currently the only thing I had that worked as a solution for me. but please keep adding info if it didn't help as this all helps TW get to the bottom of this and resolve it if it is a product defect.
    Yes! You're correct! This helped.
  2. Matthew.J

Could you try searching the games installation folder (steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" and deleting every file named "spritedata"? You can try searching the folder for this. After the deletion you can verify the game files to re-download them.
    OK downloading 1.6.5 beta seems to have solved the issue...
    EDIT: Now the party screen has issues... I'll post a screenshot later...
  3. Matthew.J

Could you try searching the games installation folder (steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" and deleting every file named "spritedata"? You can try searching the folder for this. After the deletion you can verify the game files to re-download them.
    It found three.
    SpriteData.xml
    SandBoxSpriteData.xml
    NativeSpriteData.xml
    Didn't help.
    It seems unlikely re-downloading files from the game folder will help since I already re-downloaded the whole game as I already said in the OP...
  4. Matthew.J

You sure you did it correctly. This workaround should it.
    I removed the two files you specified and verified game files so steam re-download them. Gwarhardur says it also didn't help him... Is there any way to narrow the cause of this issue? Some debug mode or something?
  5. Matthew.J

Can you try deleting the files below and verify the game files again?
    "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.tpac" and "\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.
    No luck :xf-frown:
  6. Matthew.J

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
    I just did. Didn't help. :xf-frown: I also noticed some issues on the clan page.
    IfAmgwS.jpg
  7. Matthew.J

Summary: Graphics of UI in inventory screen are completely broken. The UI works and the buttons are where they should be I just can't see a thing. How to Reproduce: No idea. It started a couple of versions back (IIRC 1.6.something) after I migrated to a new PC with a different OS (the old PC ran...
  8. Matthew.J

Resolved UI doesn't respond when not on primary monitor

Hi, can you send us the engine_config.txt file at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs"? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please insert the link to this thread in the description so I can identify it.
    Done. There is "Upload for https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...t-respond-when-not-on-primary-monitor.426068/" or something like that in the description.
  9. Matthew.J

Hi, the developers need more info about the issue. Is the problem only with the UI? Can you move the camera on the main map? If yes, is only the left side of the screen unclickable? Can you enter settlements and if you can, can you click on the portraits of the notables?
    Any updates? Was the info I provided good for anything?
  10. Matthew.J

I did some other experiments, so I have some more details for you. BTW I'm running Windows 7 N and e1.4.2 version of the game.

link to screenshots

1. This issue only occurs when the right monitor is set to primary in windows and the game window is on my left monitor. So the game works fine on my right monitor when the left one is set as primary.
    2. When I change in-game settings to launch on the left monitor and manually move the game window to the right monitor the UI starts working again.

Now to your questions. When I have the game opened in windowed, load a save and move it to the left monitor while right is set as primary
    3. I can't rotate or move camera on map with my mouse. Keyboard controls works fine.
    4. When I move to a settlement on the right monitor and move the game window back to the left monitor, I can't click anything. Cursor changes to the crossed circle you get when you want to go to inaccessible terrain.
    5. When I click on the game map the game appears to think I'm clicking always at the exact same spot (see screenshot1 I took it by clicking and pausing immediately, I think it would be exactly on the top edge of game window if I click-paused perfectly) no matter where my cursor actually is.

When I opened my game on windowed about in the middle of my two screens (see screenshot2) and experimented a bit, I noticed the following funny stuff happens:
    6. When clicking on my left monitor (to the left of start quickbar) position of where the game thinks cursor is changes, depending on how fast I move the cursor from right half to left half. Faster I move the further left game thinks the cursor is. Until I leave the game window with the cursor and join again the cursor position doesn't change, so that's why I can't control the camera with it. The game doesn't see the cursor moving. When I move the cursor very slowly, the game actually thinks its directly under the right edge of my start quickbar (which is on the right monitor) or probably one pixel to the right of it, in the last specific place the game remembers before I left to the start quickbar and then left monitor.
    7. When I leave game window with the cursor and move the cursor back on the game window on my left monitor the position again seems to be somewhere on top of the game window and always the same.

YVkZgYM.png

l033Fva.png
  11. Matthew.J

I have two monitors, today when I changed my right monitor to be primary and changed in-game settings to launch on left monitor (1) instead of the newly primary right (0) the UI stopped responding. Menu items do not highlight on mouse over and I can't click anything. I tried it with mods...
  12. Matthew.J

SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

OK, I've reorganized the OP and added in the new suggestions.

Remember that you can start suggestion threads for those features, and post the links here. One of the main utilities of this list is to allow people to find missing WB feature threads to discuss them and draw more attention to them.

OK thx. I started a topic here. So you can add the hyperlink to OP
  13. Matthew.J

SP - General Bring back the game log

This crucial feature from Warband is missing. You can show some of the last messages by hitting enter, but talk to someone or enter some place and you can't see the message just just glimpsed before entering. Also it doesn't interact with game encyclopedia. Also improve it. Allow players to...
  14. Matthew.J

SP - General Fleeing units look ridiculous :D

Yep +1, they should at least throw away their weapons and run faster, or shove/smack you when you stand directly in their way.
  15. Matthew.J

SP - General Crouching and attacking

+1 and shields too
  16. Matthew.J

SP - General Blacksmithing mechanic redesign.

This solution would of course get rid of most of the tedious and annoying issue and it would be user friendly enough to make smithing useable. So if they don't want to bother implementing system like the one I proposed it would be cool with me. Though making a weapon or charcoal burning takes time. It's not a question of minutes IRL so it shouldn't be instantaneous in-game.
  17. Matthew.J

SP - General Blacksmithing mechanic redesign.

Hi, I have a suggestion to make the blacksmithing mechanic much more user friendly and reasonable. IMHO the amount of clicking and waiting micromanagement you have to do right now, if you want your character to be a blacksmith is beyond ridiculous. How about, instead of having approximately a...
  18. Matthew.J

SP - General Add numeric value imput field to all sliders.

Allow players to input specific number from keyboard, wherever there is a slider (unless you want to only allow some specific values, like [numbers from 1 to 100 except 25,50,75] though I don't see any sensible reason to do such a thing). This would make inputting a value more comfortable.
  19. Matthew.J

SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

The thing I'm missing the most is the event log with records of what you paid, what happened in the kingdom and how your relationships with other characters changed.
  20. Matthew.J

SP - General Implementation status for EA features

Allow the players who want to help you test the game to know what features are implemented and enabled. I'm sure there is a checklist or workflow chart or something like that which let's devs know status of individual features. It would be great if you shared this with players so they don't...
Back
Top Bottom