Search results for query: *

1. Cities: Skylines - New Expansion "Mass Transit"

Dodes said:
    25 grids would be like 3.5 million people.

There's a cap of 1 million, not sure if mods can remove this.
  2. Cities: Skylines - New Expansion "Mass Transit"

Yeah... I actually can't wait for this game - first time I've pre-ordered something in years.
  3. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

Austupaio said:
    Maybe that's the case, but it's not like it was actually better than something straight-up like an assassinate or poly.

Assassinate costs 2 more mana, doesn't silence, and doesn't put a guy on the field.
    At the time, cards like Tirion and Cairne were popular, so the silencing part is crucial.
  4. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

Harkon Haakonson said:
    Lol, classic Zoo and hounds-draw-Leeroy Hunter are not even close to top-tier they once were.

Buzzard and Leeroy were nerfed months before GvG - I am talking about the good versions of these decks, obviously.

I've barely played since the undertaker nerf last week so I can't say what the story is now, but prior to that I can assure you that zoo and hunter were not only viable, but two of the most popular decks at high level.
  5. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

Frankly I think Blizzard has done a fairly good job of not allowing too much power-creep. With the obvious exception of Dr. Boom, how many GvG cards are really essential?

Zoo, handlock, control warrior, ramp druid, hunter... all pretty much the same as they were before GvG, and some of the strongest decks in the game.

And a lot of the cards they did add are awesome. Paladin is totally revitalized, and Rogue and Hunter got some control-ish cards to try and make new deck types work, etc.

Besides, what's the alternative? Never releasing new cards? Sounds like fun...
  6. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

I have just about every card (minus some legendaries that never see play) without spending any money, and I don't play a ridiculous amount by any means.
    The problem is that I prefer playing ranked to arena, but I feel obliged to play arena to keep up with the new cards... which I barely use because I mostly play arena!

It feels like playing ranked is a reward for enduring enough arena but that they intended it to be the other way around.

Then there's the fact that the seasons reset so often, I spend most of my time in ranked destroying bad players just to get a few enjoyable games before the season ends again.
  7. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

2-handed sword or nothing, everybody knows that.
  8. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

The problem is simple: not enough 2 drops. As Paladin you should aim for at least 8 early (turn 1/2) drops, and you have 4 (equality and secrets don't count).

You can get away with less in classes that do 1 damage with hero power, especially mage, but for paladin it's essential.
  9. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

It's a draw in ranked, a loss in arena.

Or at least it used to be.
  10. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

ferevon said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    There's no question to me that arena is getting harder though as the bad/new player pool dries up.

My average has dropped from 8.5 or so when I started to about 6.5, which is still high enough for it to be economical but not by a lot.
    My situation is vice versa :grin:

That's because you're improving faster than average!

It's possible I'm just getting worse at the game...
  11. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

There's no question to me that arena is getting harder though as the bad/new player pool dries up.

My average has dropped from 8.5 or so when I started to about 6.5, which is still high enough for it to be economical but not by a lot.
  12. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

SootShade said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    SootShade said:
    While I don't really know anything about control hunter, I'd like to very much second Leeroy. I just crafted it myself, after I realized that about five of the decks I want to run don't function nearly as well, if at all, without him. And my most aggressive decks are just mid range control. He's just one of the best finishers for almost any class. Cairne is admittedly something I put into literally every single deck, though.

Also, thanks for that Druid deck. I tested it out some, and it worked very well against both hunter and zoo. I only played a few games with it though, as I finally seemingly got past that painful bracket of nonsense. Swapped back to my old Druid again, and only ran into a single hunter and a single zoo in the last ten games with it. It also kinda deals with them decently, but I think I'll actually throw pyros in that deck also to make it more resistant to them. I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that myself when I was trying to make it work earlier. :razz:

Glad it helped.

Took me an embarrassingly long time to think of putting in pyros also, but it quickly became my favourite card in the deck.
    Yeah, never mind. Still running into a whole lot of aggro crap at rank 4-5. However, it's remarkably easy to deal with, now that I replaced my ancients of war, Onyxia and Cenarius with pyros, another claw and Leeroy. As much as I love my big ass late game, it really doesn't help when I die before I can play it.

Edit: Leeroy is actually perhaps the thing making the biggest difference. The ability to surprise burst down the enemy that one turn before you get overwhelmed is really valuable. Way more effectively than big taunts currently are, I'm finding.

I agree completely. Everyone expects savage roar on turn 9 so they clear your board, but leeroy + roar on turn 7 has won me many games, especially against hunters who tend to leave your minions alive.
  13. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

SootShade said:
    While I don't really know anything about control hunter, I'd like to very much second Leeroy. I just crafted it myself, after I realized that about five of the decks I want to run don't function nearly as well, if at all, without him. And my most aggressive decks are just mid range control. He's just one of the best finishers for almost any class. Cairne is admittedly something I put into literally every single deck, though.

Also, thanks for that Druid deck. I tested it out some, and it worked very well against both hunter and zoo. I only played a few games with it though, as I finally seemingly got past that painful bracket of nonsense. Swapped back to my old Druid again, and only ran into a single hunter and a single zoo in the last ten games with it. It also kinda deals with them decently, but I think I'll actually throw pyros in that deck also to make it more resistant to them. I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that myself when I was trying to make it work earlier. :razz:

Glad it helped.

Took me an embarrassingly long time to think of putting in pyros also, but it quickly became my favourite card in the deck.
  14. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

ferevon said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    ferevon said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    High ranks have far fewer aggro decks. I got to legend the other day, and the most popular decks are midrange hunter and ramp/watcher druid.

Rank 10-5 though was pretty much all rush hunter and zoo warlock. The deck I've been running is incredibly good against hunter, with about 90% winrate, and about 70% against zoo, so I recommend it if you're struggling with aggro:
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_4_17_2014_13_32_11.png
    If you don't have the legendaries I would switch them for 2x azure drake and 2x argent commander.
    I would also switch the Big Game Hunter for another sunfury if giants/rag aren't common at your rank.

And if you really want to improve the zoo matchup, switch the force of nature and savage roar for 2x claw.
    Any specific reason you don't run watchers?

Too slow and unreliable.
    Against zoo, the chance of getting something to activate the watcher before you're dead is fairly low.
    Against hunter, having an extra minion on the board isn't usually worth the taunt (because of unleash), especially against midrange hunters.
    Against control, they're only really useful if you silence them, and you want to save your silence for dealing with threats like Cairne, Ysera and Savannah Highmane.

Wild pyro, on the other hand, which is essentially what it's replaced with:
    Easy to activate, often clears the board against zoo.
    Gets a high damage minion out early to start rushing down hunter/control.
    Thanks, I understand.
    Do you play control warrior by the way? I got DW and Sylvanas from packs and use them(dw may seem bad but being totally unexpected makes it useful sometimes, though there are times it's a dead card as well), and I also use Ragnaros which I've crafted myself.
    I don't have the dust still, but what would you recommend for the next legendary? I'd go cairne actually but I find myself in a situation where I can't end games and it gets longer and longer, mostly in favor of my opponent. That's why I'm thinking of Grommash first, I feel like when I can't win against handlocks lack of grom has an effect on this, because I need burst damage for handlock or they just keep taunting molten giants or healing to 15

If you're only interested in control warrior, Grommash is pretty much the most important legendary so I would craft that.

I don't play the deck personally, mainly because I'm missing some cards, but I do know it's fallen out of favour recently because zoo is so popular. In my last 100 games I've faced only 4 warriors.

If you want a more general card though, Cairne and Leeroy are the obvious choices. Cairne does compete for a spot with Sylvanas though so maybe less important for you.
  15. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

ferevon said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    High ranks have far fewer aggro decks. I got to legend the other day, and the most popular decks are midrange hunter and ramp/watcher druid.

Rank 10-5 though was pretty much all rush hunter and zoo warlock. The deck I've been running is incredibly good against hunter, with about 90% winrate, and about 70% against zoo, so I recommend it if you're struggling with aggro:
    If you don't have the legendaries I would switch them for 2x azure drake and 2x argent commander.
    I would also switch the Big Game Hunter for another sunfury if giants/rag aren't common at your rank.

And if you really want to improve the zoo matchup, switch the force of nature and savage roar for 2x claw.
    Any specific reason you don't run watchers?

Too slow and unreliable.
    Against zoo, the chance of getting something to activate the watcher before you're dead is fairly low.
    Against hunter, having an extra minion on the board isn't usually worth the taunt (because of unleash), especially against midrange hunters.
    Against control, they're only really useful if you silence them, and you want to save your silence for dealing with threats like Cairne, Ysera and Savannah Highmane.

Wild pyro, on the other hand, which is essentially what it's replaced with:
    Easy to activate, often clears the board against zoo.
    Gets a high damage minion out early to start rushing down hunter/control.
  16. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

17. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

SootShade said:
    Meanwhile I'm finding great how much easier that meta change made my old druid to play. Big ass late game is way better when not every deck is designed to counter it.

I ran a pretty typical watcher druid most of last season, but now I've gone the opposite direction to you.

Dropped the watchers, sunfuries, rag, force of nature combo and black knight in favour of farseers, azures, argent commanders, mark of the wild and leeroy.

It's going really well. Not any worse against aggro, and far more reliable against heavy control.
  18. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

I only play arena so far.

Over 70 runs I've averaged about 6.7 wins, which is easily enough to keep going indefinitely. Of course, how difficult it is depends on how often you play, since quests make up a bigger percentage of your winnings the less regularly you enter.

I've been playing for about 40 days, so 1.75 arenas/day, and I've made an excess of about 2000 gold in that time (excluding all the free gold from one-time quests).

Someone posted on Reddit that the average quest yield is 47 gold, so 40 quests * 47 gold = 1880, meaning that excluding quests I've still just made a profit on arena runs.

I would like to get into constructed soon but still feel I am lacking a lot of cards. I've opened 5 or 6 legendaries and have dust for 2 more, but I'm missing a lot of good epics which I don't really want to use dust to craft.
  19. Good, slow-paced game

Captured Joe said:
    If I remember right, the Cossacks RTS games were playable on LAN too.

They are, and I recommend the first one (plus expansions).

Hard to go past Civ 4 though.
  20. Rome II: Total War

I think moving to 3D was a huge mistake.

The AI has never recovered, almost every battle in every game since then has been a siege, and certainly the first couple of 3D games had finicky pathing issues.

And I do argue against it being good for gameplay. What, exactly, did it add? Ambushes? Big ****ing deal. It's a turn-based game, and it took them until Shogun 2 to realise that the only way to maintain tactical positioning on the campaign map is to remove all open spaces and just leave a bunch of corridors... which has exactly the same effect as going back to the 2D map, but with much harder to program AI.

And although I've fallen into the same trap with this post, I should point out that the map being 2D or 3D has nothing to do with whether it has province-based movement, it was coincidence that both of these things changed at the same time. The map could be just as detailed and pretty as it is now and also work with the AI.
Back
Top Bottom