Search results for query: *

1. Sycrus

[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Seriously? And the Ghost Lady is worried about Lady Morwena? While he gets cozy with a naked member of the Red Brotherhood?  :facepalm:

DVk9BoT.jpg

Speaking of which, it seems to me that Iris the Lotus REALLY gets around. I've seem her in armies sometimes. I even cut her down once, while defending a fortress (and then, when I captured her, I saw a unique dialog option to invite her to join - which she refused, then left). Is there something I'm missing?
  2. Sycrus

Moved castle and now I don't have Custom knighthood?

You can't move Knighthood Order Chapters around like this. You'll have to build a new chapter in Laria.
  3. Sycrus

No way to add a item to my main character inventory?

I never understood why there is this event in which a god takes it upon himself to help defeat Wolfbode, when he's pretty much a very localized threat, and pales in comparison to many other things besieging Pendor (like the Dread Legion, or Eyegrim the Devourer, or even a regular Heretic Army) that don't move the gods to make similar sacrifices.

Is it some relic from an earlier version when Eyegrim was indeed one of the greatest threats in Pendor, before other, more dangerous enemies, were introduced?

On a side note, gotta agree with nirkoj. Since they nerfed the bow from Ruby to Strange (and nerfed the Ruby Rune Bow itself), I've never bothered with Rune Bows anymore. A good Noldor Composite Bow is more than enough to keep me happy till I beat Duskfall out of Lord Bald Elf.

Edit: To sumusiko: It's fairly easy to get Noldor Bows from from the Noldor Tournaments. It's one of the more common prizes. You can also putchase them from the shop in Elacrai (even bent they're still better than almost anything else. But sometimes, the shop will spawn good, non-bent bows). You can also loot them from Noldor troops, or purchase them from Quigfen's store.
  4. Sycrus

No way to add a item to my main character inventory?

sumusiko, you just sold a freaking god for cash! Although I do approve of the sentiment, I wouldn't recommend meddling with the occult. You're under enough threath of divine retribution as it is!  :mrgreen:
  5. Sycrus

Won for the first time.

sumusiko said:
    wtf how did u have so many troops already?

I'm on day 350 and can only hold 160 troops and its because I have the City + Independent king

Invest on Charisma and Leardership. Earn Renown. Lots and lots of Renown.

sumusiko said:
    When I capture a castle I cant put many troops in garrison or I lose a ****load of money so I can't make reserves of troops to hit a city or another castle :sad:

whats your setup for castles / city siege?

A lot of top tier archers on top, then a lot of top tier infantry. Use Adventurers (all kinds) liberaly, they are useful both in shooting the enemy and storming the castle (when they don't spawn with lances on foot, anyway). Keep Cavalry in the back. They won't be of much use early on, but are nice to reinforce your melee units when you're assaulting the walls.

sumusiko said:
    How many ingame days do you usually wait before starting your own kingdom.

This is nonsense. Don't tie yourself to a particular number of days, focus on what things you want to do and have ready by the time you start your kingdom. Earn renown, build up your character and save money. You'll need all of those.

But, answering your question, I'm just past day 1400, and have yet to start my kingdom. I simply haven't ran out of things i wanna do in the game before doing that.

sumusiko said:
    Which type of character do you feel its the most useful as main? (1h + shield + polearm is mine atm)

The most overpowered character build is the Horse Archer, by far.
  6. Sycrus

What to do with an Order?

Quests have a cool down time of some days. Take your time, get on with the game, and come back in a few days.

Also, in the future, make use of the stickied Quick Questions / Quick Answers thread...
  7. Sycrus

More Food! (mod)

I just wanted to say that, every time I see this thread, I imagine a Demonic Magnus crying "More Food!!!".  :lol:
  8. Sycrus

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

placenik said:
    Is there any speciall benefit of having Noldor relations at 100? I managed to get Noldor equipement availability for knighthood orders, but should I continue relatiions farming?

I'm at 100, and I don't see any difference. Looks nice on the victory report, though.
  9. Sycrus

Import/export Characters

Ravenfield said:
    a last question.

I've noticed in both my playes in this mod, that Ravenstern gets beaten pretty quickly by the other nations....and thought that might have something to do with all the Myst mountain bandits that spawn in their area. its rather annoying when thats the faction i want to help and become a vassal of. they have like the best troops when you consider the low price to upgrade and the time it takes to get them to max level.
    But most of all they get beaten by the Empire who has these pesky Armored crossbowmen ...who can really **** a sieging army up .....any advice....??

Everyone has very different experiences with how the politics of the five Kingdoms roll in their campaigns. I myself have never seen Ravenstern being beaten up, they're the most isolated kingdom in the game. I'm particularly curious about how they managed to get in the Empire's bad side in your game. I've only ever seem they going to war against the Fierdsvain and Sarleon. And the Mystmountain Nomads aren't really much of a threat, if you consider Ravenstern usually doesn't have to deal with Vanskeries, Heretics, or Snake Cultists.

Ironically, in my own game, it's the Fierdsvain and the Empire who always get clobbered up. I had already to rescue both of them twice each from the brink and bring them back to power in this playthrough alone.

For dealing with the Empire in sieges, I would suggest simply buffing up your sieging armies. Get more Ravenstern Rangers to suppress the EACs with volume of fire. If you're a good archer yourself, try to concentrate on sniping the EACs. Also, get some stronger infantry to support your Kierguards in assaulting the breach. Either Ravenstern Highlanders and Knights (if you're using exclusively Ravenstern troops - though Ravenstern Knights have a bad habit of sometimes going to battle sans shields) or Fierdsvain Huscarls / D'Shar Bladesmen, if you don't mind recruiting from other kingdoms.
  10. Sycrus

Order of the Falcon

bobknight said:
    Deposit your troops into garrison, then feast. Should cost about $400 to go from 'terrible' to 'excellent'. Pull your troops out, back to doing the important stuff.

That's the thing. Landless mercenaries have no castle to put their troops into. Only recently (just after I took that screenshot, actually) did I change that by taking up Madame Ursula's quest to topple the Kingdom of Ravenstern. Then, I took Ravenstern for myself, and left some of my elite units on reserve there (including 50 Heroine Adventurers). I have this plan of replacing each one of the five  Kings in Pendor by their claimants before going back to landlessness, start my own kingdom, and then depose all five of them anyway.  :mrgreen:
  11. Sycrus

Order of the Falcon

Brew said:
    +900 party size  :shock:

you must have 20000 renown at least and the weekly renown decay at that amount would make it impossible to maintain

It's not impossible. Yes, I have just a little bit more than 20000 renown. However, that army can reliably take on a Kingdom's host in campaign numbering circa 2000-2500 soldiers without much problem (and usually more than recouping their losses just by recruiting the prisoners of the defeated enemies). This means about a score of engagements, most of which giving off 55 renown each.

The though part, really, is keeping this army fed and happy. They eat pretty much 1/3 of my inventory in food every day, and the number morale penalty is so high that the only modifier that means anything at all is the "Recent Events" one (which overrids everything else). So, I usually don't bother at all with food diversity, and just buy the cheapest food I can (like, all of the Fish from Windholm) and, if I stay too long without a good fight, I have to fill them up with booze in some tavern to keep morale. It gets really expensive. Actually, more than once, I chose some Order Challenge Quest just to switch to a smaller party and get some extra money (on average, with this party, I basically can just break even).

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I only noticed Brew's post when I was done with the previous one.
  12. Sycrus

Order of the Falcon

They were changed to female around the same time the Order Squire units were introduced. was it in 3.5? It's really strange, what with the lore stating it's an order that accepts both males and females. Also, puts an interesting twist to Sir Rayne's existance...

It would be interesting if the Talons (which are just a weaker version of the Knights) were changed to male knights, even if they were weaker than the female knights (for reasons of balance) to address this. OTOH, one could just argue that the reborn Knights of the Falcon simply changed their outfit into an all-female one, and Sir Rayne can be considered an "honorary" member of it due to being a survivor of the old order.
  13. Sycrus

Order of the Falcon

Anth said:
    Important info missing: Game day. Are we talking four digits?

Yes, though most of these were trained relatively recently. I think only some 20+ survived the battle for the Order Stronghold some 150 days ago. The fact is, after you get enough people with enough skill points in Trainer, it's not difficult to get any number of units from the normal troop trees.

Epicrules said:
    I smell a Ctrl-Xer.

I don't even know what Ctrl-X does in this game...
  14. Sycrus

Order of the Falcon

Well... I'll just leave this here for no adequately explained reason...

VAZMLAP.jpg
  15. Sycrus

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Two things:

1) Is it possible to back more than one claimant rebellion, by winning the first one, leaving the kingdom, and then taking up another claimant quest?

2) What happens if I marry a lady and then go back to being a landless mercenary?

I ask this because I have this notion of replacing every king in Pendor with their claimants... and then depose all of the claimants anyway by finally starting my own kingdom.
  16. Sycrus

power draw and crossbows

I always assumed that higher power draw just allowed you to draw the bow a little further, storing more energy there than a weaker archer would be able to. Granted, I know almost nothing of Archery, so, this is probably just bul****.
  17. Sycrus

Heretics and party sizes ?

Mods said:
    What makes you think that you can handle 700 heretics with only 150 troops? you're going to need some allies don't you think?  :smile:
    And case you're wondering they'll still kick your ass if you outnumber them 3 to 1, unless you autocalc it

Actually, you don't need a 3 to 1 numbers advantage. Dealing with a Heretic Army usually means dealing with it's Demonic Magni. As long as they're active, they will ride wherever they want, killing whomever they want, with almost absolute impunity. However, they're usually not very numerous, so, the focus of the first few engagements in a battle against a Heretic Army should be in taking them all out, somehow (even if this means you personally hunting them all down yourself).

Demonic Magni will cause disproportionally high casualties on your army but, as soon as the last one bites the dust, and as long as you have a competent army behind you, the Heretic Army isn't particularly dangerous anymore.

Of course, this all changes if you're actually trying to take on Eyegrim the Devourer. Then, I agree, probably only with a massive numeric advantage can you hope to win.
  18. Sycrus

What now?

Well, there are a LOT of things you can do. If you want to continue playing Warband, I'd say, try out some other mods. I personally recomend Brytenwalda, for a very good mod with a very different flavour from PoP.

On a side note, could you tell us a little about how went our campaign and what kind of character you made? What names you picked for your party, kingdom and CKO? What troops you favored? People have such wildly different styles of playing PoP, it's always interesting to read about them. If you could make a nice little slideshow like Ansiktslos's, it would be awesome.
  19. Sycrus

WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Speaking of Snake Cult Stronghold, the game behaved really strangely during the battle against the Snake Cult. The game wouldn't report the messages on the bottom left side of the screen, and my kill counter would register 2 kills for every enemy I defeated. Also, this is a screenshot of the Recent Messages screen:

9Ym0mOp.jpg

Apart from that, the battle seems to have taken place normally, and I claimed the fortress.
  20. Sycrus

The Heart of PoP

For me, this pretty much covers it...

Xm0jk77.jpg

KFpCaxH.jpg

70LG8D4.jpg

68D1WDD.jpg

Tt5yK4z.jpg

qf6PZ1b.jpg

lk6SBVT.jpg

saj81cJ.jpg

ITye8A7.jpg