Search results for query: *

• Users: Velax
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Factions keep losing lords

Does anyone know why sometimes factions seem to haemorrhage lords? In my game I've started my own faction and carved out a nice kingdom, and now want to keep the entire land relatively stable (I don't want to destroy any faction). But for some reason, two or three of the other factions keep...
  2. When caravans attack

Rhodoks sieged one of my cities, but I managed to break their initial assault and they all decided to run after one of my caravans - about 600 of them rushed the poor merchant. I charged in to help and at the end of the battle freed many prisoners the Rhodoks had been carting around with them...
  3. Transplanting a kingdom

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens when one faction is moved to a completely different area of the map. In my game I wanted to build a kingdom in the old Swadian lands, so of course the Swadians had to be moved out, forcefully. I didn't want to finish them off completely, however, so...
  4. The addiction

This game is quite strange. It's easily one of the most buggy, unfinished games I've ever played, and yet it's also the one I keep coming back to time and time and time again. If you check out my forum registered date, it's more than five years ago, which is how long I've been playing, on and...
  5. Caravans

Haven't managed to find any info on this. If you have your own kingdom, are the caravans that belong to your kingdom actually accomplishing anything for you? Do you get extra taxes when they return to your towns, or are they just like any other caravan and pay some tariffs? What do they actually...
  6. Castle Guard?

I upgraded a Forest Bandit just now and instead of upgrading into a Swadian Recruit, he became this: Never had that happen before. Anyone else?
  7. Crown helmet

Anyone know if someone's made a crown helmet (ie, a normal helmet with a crown on it, like you often see medieval kings wear in movies) for Warband? I've found a couple of downloads for them, but they're a couple of years old and I have no idea if they'd work with Warband.
  8. Big battles

Does anyone else find large battles (ie, ones with 800+ troops on the opposing side) almost impossible to win as a melee character? I'm trying to fight one against more than 1000 Khergits at the moment, which will require about 10 separate rounds to win. Even with full plate, I find I just get...
  9. Bastards!

Bastard swords, that is. I see a lot of people saying not to use bastard swords, heavy bastard swords and other one-handed/two-handed weapons while mounted as there's a big penalty for wielding those weapons in just one hand. Is the penalty big enough to actually make them significantly inferior...
  10. Sarranid Master Archers

Is it just me or did these guys get a major boost in the patch? They're like little gatling guns now. Check out this pic: That was done in just a minute or two by 15-20 archers, and there are plenty of my other soldiers who look like those in the pic. In the previous battle against the same...
  11. Recruited a unique unit

I was doing the "Capture the spy" quest and captured the Ordinary and Unremarkable Townsmen. Some time later, after capturing a couple of dozen other soldiers over the course of several battles, I tried to recruit some of my prisoners and scored this guy: And he's not completely useless...
  12. Raiding caravans

I started my own kingdom yesterday and just raided my first caravan since becoming a king. It was a caravan of a nation I'm at war with and to my surprise I lost honour (twice) as well as losing four relation with one of my lords. Is that normal? It's dishonourable to attack caravans of nations...
  13. Can't find Manhunters? Here's the solution....

In another thread someone pointed out that no more Manhunters seem to spawn after the beginning of the game. Whether or not that's true, it's definitely true that few seem to be around after the beginning of the game. So, after playing around with the files for a while, and with some help from...
  14. Castle chest

Does anyone know what happens to stored items in your personal storage chest (in a castle or town) if you renounce your oath or lose that town?
  15. Leaving Calradia

I was wondering, what happens to the lords that leave Calradia when they are indicted for treason? Are they permanently gone? And if so, could you get to a point where the world was seriously depopulated of lords if you played long enough?
  16. Fuzzy text

Anyone getting fuzzy text in-game with 1.126? Was perfectly fine before, but now it's all fuzzy and out of focus. Tried changing resolutions and graphics settings, but no luck.
  17. Assaulting a Rhodok-held castle

Alright, here's what happened. I was attacking a Rhodok castle with myself and three other Sarranid lords, so roughly 400 on our side to 200 on theirs. They had about 80 Sharpshooters and 80 Sergeants. We'd build the siege tower and attack. Despite having twice as many troops and a bigger Battle...
  18. Homicidal town guards

A noble was being held captive in a city and being the nice guy I am, I thought I'd bail him out. So I spoke to the jail guard, demanded the keys from him and got attacked as normal, but for some unknown reason the other guards in town started murdering random townspeople, cutting them down as...
  19. Talking to people causes four-second delay

Pretty much what the topic title says. Whenever I talk to someone (whether it's a ransom broker in a tavern, a lord in the field or a companion from the party screen), it takes 4-5 seconds to load the dialogue screen. This has only happened since installing Warband, and occasionally the dialogue...
  20. Battle statistics

I'm always curious as to how well my troops do each battle (yeah, their individual kills come up, but I'm usually too busy myself to be able to remember specific stats), so perhaps after each battle a screen could display how many enemies each of your troop types killed/wounded. So, something...
Back
Top Bottom