Search results for query: *

1. European blood : New PW submod wargame overhaul.

People moan about how the economy is useless and noone ever uses it.

This guy comes up with solutions to streamline but made the mistake of posting it here.

Good luck to you. The community are probably too closed minded for anything new though.
  2. [Submod feature] New "Vassal" Diplomacy

I'm working with S0mebody on some similar ideas for Novum Mundus, though more centred around gold income for factions with all gold going to a central chest, which may not actually be on the same map as certain castles (e.g. Money will go from sparsely populated maps to the core maps with the cities on them); this is mostly due to the persistent factions feature I'm adding, so I don't want factions being wiped out, only subdued. Obviously what I'm doing is heavily reliant on databases, so it isn't possible for anyone other than myself to host servers with these features on NM.

Though what we're working on is centred around multiple connected servers, your ideas are centred around a single map, so it'd be interesting to see how it works out though, but I feel having such features on a single warband map would makes things... Cramped? But yeah, I like system.

Interesting that you use the term cramped. This setup sounds exciting but I wonder how the typical PW gamer will react to the size and epic scale.

Many seem to actually like camped maps where they can run between the main focal points in 30 seconds.

Upgrading the chest features sounds good. Vornnes system works but the ammoutns are too small. If servers were 500 people then it might be ok but with 100-200 the faction knights are just poor and there is no faction money to work with.

Given the whole clan direction of the mod it seems logical to develop in the area of faction chests and features. Less focus on individual earning and spending.
  3. Nexus_Roleplay - Rules and Info

You guys should never have trusted him.
  4. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Would it be possible to have server or scene controlled limits on faction numbers?

Most of the classes dont get used much since I started playing a couple of years ago. It would be great if you could enforce either of the two so that being a man at arms, for example, is restricted to say 10 or 10% of server. This would make 'knights' rare and force players to compete for a slot. Now, often 80% of server are knights. Another scenario would be where you want outlaws restricted to say 10% of server population or maybe each player faction capped at 30.

Any of these would be very useful I think to get a different experience out of the mod.

Also, the earlier request for capturable factions/flags which dont have spawns would be great - for outposts. Often people dont want to actually capture castles because they dont want people spawning in the wrong place (which they always do). It would also make those outposts harder to defend and have a more clear position in the scene.
  5. Nexus_Roleplay - Rules and Info

He thinks it is racist not to let him use a Spanish name. My god I think people are getting dumber - we are doomed  :twisted:
  6. HI

Welcome to the mod - it is indeed great fun, especially when you get a group together.

Best to use the server specific forums so you can get to know the community you play with.
  7. [ NA / EU / HCRP ] Avalon Gaming [closed]

Only becasue Av3nger is an easy going guy. A lot of map makers would not put up with such cheek.
  8. [ Avalon Events ] [ The hunger Games ] [ Every Saturday 8pm EST ]

Hopefully people boycott this event.  :twisted:
  9. PW version 5.0 wishes. :\

Hopefuly S0mebody will never help him or host for him again.
  10. PW version 5.0 wishes. :\

Even without the scripts, people would play on Nexus because S0mebody is awesome and not a dumb ass troll-kid like this peasant guy.
  11. Refuting libelous claim

I doubt anyone seriously believes that you do.

12. Population

Maybe you should listen to the critics rather than being defensive.

They are trying to tell you the problems.

When it launched servers were 200 people. Now they are 20 people.
  13. Seiges????

It has been suggested and rejected I beleive.

14. The Riparian Conflict [SCENE] - A different kind of map. 2.0 Release

I am always up for testing maps so if nexus puts it up ill take a look.
  15. MP Fantasy [NW] Novum Mundus - A Light Fantasy Multiplayer Mod - 1.2 Released

Yeah it does take quite a while to delete objects though.

I wouldnt want to be the guy who had to delete every object on VOS for example. I think it would drive me to suicide.

Something like salvas Nantes though has a saved version with terrain only. If I did get back into mapping I would prefer this way as the terrain itself I am not very good at.
  16. MP Fantasy [NW] Novum Mundus - A Light Fantasy Multiplayer Mod - 1.2 Released

Just wondering but I take it its not possible to somehow convert PW maps? Maybe even re-use existing terrain and add new buildings etc.
  17. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

reducing the importance of doctors.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe just me but prefer food to doctors. They still very good for healing during battle though.
  18. MP Fantasy [NW] Novum Mundus - A Light Fantasy Multiplayer Mod - 1.2 Released

Orcs will also be present but small on the map, playing a small part but nothing major.

I would speculate that having orcs is a popular move. They look cool and people seem to like them.

Maybe not this map but someone needs to make a sort of goblin/orc cave complex some time. Like the old gold mine in VOS with maybe different levels.

I am sure people would love that.
  19. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Empty stocks doesn't necessarily mean it isn't working, just that people are having to commission items, or that items are being grabbed soon after they are made.

Fair point actually :smile:
  20. The Riparian Conflict [SCENE] - A different kind of map. 2.0 Release

All you need is bows to protect yourself. Bows and some wooden walls.

Besides, many will be equiped from elsewhere. Its not like factions only buy from their own armoury. In fact they seem to far less than when i started playing.

I kinda miss on RCC VOS when factions sometimes actually almost had uniforms. Everyone in the correct themed gear looks cool.

Back
Top Bottom