Search results for query: *

1. Zephrelial

Assertion Failed

matt b said:
    Zephrelial said:
    I get the very same assertion failure..(completely identical) when I type:

load_mod_resource at the module.ini... My brf file which I intend to make the game recognize is at the right place, under the resource folder.Everything is in place but the game keeps on giving this error when it's processing the module.ini any ideas?

I've got the exact same thing happening to me, and it sounds like I did the same thing. This is my first mod attempt, I haven't actually touched the module system itself but have just tried to import a few items from other mods and I keep getting the same error while trying to load the module.ini. I've followed the tutorial found here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,22899.0.html, am I missing something or is there another issue here?

Here is the solution:

-Download the latest version of the brf edit.
      -Uninstall your previous brf edit and install the new one which you downloaded.
      -After having copied the brf/brf's to your resource folder..
      - Open them with the new brf edit.. and Save them again.. click yes to overwrite.

This fixes the assertion error once and for all.
  2. Zephrelial

[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

andrewzx said:
    still getting the assertion failure error when trying to add brf files, there any fix for this?

All you have to do is .. After having copied the brf file to the resource of v0.960,you need to open your brf file and save it again.. (do it for each one of brf file you intend to add) when you apply this the assertion error will be no more.
  3. Zephrelial

Spanky said:
    That's right Zephrelial, I recommend you try - it worked for me. It's right on the first page of this thread, the topmost download link. Good luck

Worked like a charm Spanky!! Thanks everyone..  :grin:
  4. Zephrelial

Module System for version 0.960

napancux said:
    Zephrelial said:
    When loading and when the game processing the module.ini file I got an assertion failure error.
    Same problem 'ere. Assertion error, says something about strings and '(cursor + len) <= something' stuff. Without 'load_mod_resourse' entries in the .ini file, everything works fine.
    Damn, this is bad.

EDIT: Solved. The problem was in messy .brf file.

Well,I downloaded the latest version of BRF,all I wanted to do is to implement some BOW mod items from v0.903 to 0.960.. All the textures are in the right place,the latest brf doesn't give any specific error unlike it's previous version.But still the module ini insists on giving that assertion error.. I'm desperate and am going nuts...

How exactly did you solve the problem? Or how was the brf messed up and what changes did you make? Thanks.

EDIT: 

Problem solved here as well(at last).For those having this assertion problem the solution is simple:

Just download the latest version of the brf edit.. Uninstall the previous one and install the brf edit that you downloaded..

Then after having copied the brf files at your v0.960 resource,open any brf files you copied and save them again.. This will fix the assertion error.. The solution was recommended by Spanky by the way.
  5. Zephrelial

Spanky said:
    That's right Zephrelial, I recommend you try - it worked for me. It's right on the first page of this thread, the topmost download link. Good luck

Thanks a lot.Glad to hear that it worked for you..I'll try it right away.
  6. Zephrelial

@Ealabor-  I've checked the module.ini and checked the codes as well.Everything seems normal:

works_with_version_min  = 960
    works_with_version_max  = 960

@Spanky- The new brf editor seems to be problematic as well.But I think it's worth a try.Uhh where exactly can I download the most recent editor,along with its patch?
  7. Zephrelial

Assertion Failed

I get the very same assertion failure..(completely identical) when I type:

load_mod_resource at the module.ini... My brf file which I intend to make the game recognize is at the right place, under the resource folder.Everything is in place but the game keeps on giving this error when it's processing the module.ini any ideas?
  8. Zephrelial

Spanky said:
    Guys, am I right in that no one has been able to use this version with .960? I tried merging a BRF I had made for.903 with one of the .960 ones as well as using the .brf on its own in the resources folder of my module. In both case, the game hangs up on loading the module.ini (the load resources reference is at the same point as in the .903 version). I'm thinking there's something about the new brfs that the editor isn't tackling...

I use the old version of brf editor and the very samething happened to me always sofar. :sad: Maybe it has nothing to do with the brf editor.

Here is the whole deal guys:

I suspect that there is a problem with the module.ini of version 0.960.I downloaded the module system and made some modifications and everything worked fine.However when I attempted to put my items.brf file at under the resource folder,and when I entered the line:

load_module_resource = zeph_items

at the module.ini file...

When loading and when the game processing the module.ini file I got an assertion failure error.The textures are at the correct places.Everything is in place but the game just does not accept my brf file.I've checked if it was anything wrong with the brf file for the game to prevent from loading.. However the test worked fine.. At version 0.903 the game was able to load,and when processing the module ini no problem occured.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Am I missing something? Currently I can't add any items.Thank you.
  9. Zephrelial

Module System for version 0.960

Finally the module system!!!
    Thanks and God bless you Armagan!

EDIT:

I suspect that there is a problem with the module.ini of version 0.960.I downloaded the module system and made some modifications and everything worked fine.However when I attempted to put my items.brf file at under the resource folder,and when I entered the line:

load_module_resource = zeph_items

at the module.ini file...

When loading and when the game processing the module.ini file I got an assertion failure error.The textures are at the correct places.Everything is in place but the game just does not accept my brf file.I've checked if it was anything wrong with the brf file for the game to prevent from loading.. However the test worked fine.. At version 0.903 the game was able to load,and when processing the module ini no problem occured.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Am I missing something? Currently I can't add any items.Thank you.
  10. Zephrelial

Mount&Blade Version 0.960 is Released!

Someone on the thread mentioned he heard that the module system was released.. Is that true? Could someone provide a link please?
  11. Zephrelial

Kevlar said:
    Zephrelial said:
      Moreover,why is the blood toned down a considerable amount? Does mountnblade have profit concerns to the gore and being rated +18,mature or something? I keep killing the foes,and my sword is as clean as a white sheet of paper,no blood on it... Unlike the previous versions(especially v.0903.)  Please bring the blood,blood stains on the sword,axe,lance textures back.It kills off the realism.

There is an option to turn the blood on blades and things I believe, I accidentally turned mine off an realized it rather quickly. It should be somewhere below number of ragdolls or something like that I believe.

edit :

blood.jpg

Yes I'm aware of that and my preferance is set as blood stain "ON".. I think I figured out what the problem is.I can see the blood on my weapon when there isn't too much light and the environment isn't too bright.However when there is too much sun or light I can't see any blood on the weapon.Quite weird..

I need to test it a bit more.
  12. Zephrelial

Erwin said:
    Zephrelial said:
    Also the new texture and model for the bastard sword(introduced to us with the release of v.950) is clearly inferior to the previous one,judging by how it looks.It seems too simple,too plain and probably a little shorter.The previous bastard sword was excellent looking,dangerous.. seeming like ready to strike any moment.. Sorry but I don't understand why the devs ever bothered to replace one of the best(coolest) looking weapons with an inferior texture...
    The old bastard sword was ridiculously oversized, though I do think the devs overdid the downsizing somewhat. And I don't agree the new swords are inferior, in fact the black-hilted one has a very nice ornamental pommel. If you absolutely must have the old model back, it's still in the datafiles, so you can simply edit it back with the item editor.

I admit that perphaps it was a bit oversized but this is not the only change that the devs applied to the bastard sword.It definetely looks different now(in a negative way) it's not just a rescaling.I didn't mention any other swords,my whole criticism was about the bastard sword.

The new swords look fine,I agree with you there.Fortunately I have the old version of the bastard sword in the data files,yes. :smile:
  13. Zephrelial

I noticed that you are no longer able to learn where the companions are(you were able to at the version v0.955).When you ask the traveler where your companions are and after he asks who you are looking for,your character says nevermind and you can't learn where they are located.Is this a bug or was it intentionally removed? If this is not a bug then there is no point of even still keeping this question at the dialogs py. since there is no point of asking where your companions are,if you can't get an answer.

At v0955 this was possible and the travelers pointed you to the right direction where the companion you were looking for was exactly located.It was a brilliant feature and saved the players from the trouble of searching each and every tavern at Calradia for the specific companion/s he/she desired.

Apart from that why on earth is the Great Lance completely removed from the game? I checked ingame and couldn't find it,and then suspected that it was removed,unfortunately saw that it was true after I examined the item_kinds.txt and couldn't spot the great lance.. Two types of western typed lances were great:

- Jousting lance (does not deal lethal damage)
      - Great lance(lethal damage) and if the player wanted to roleplay a western(medieval) typed character,great lance was arguably the sole type of polearm weapon and the best choice for roleplaying a knight or a noble,completing the harmony of your equipment.. Now it's gone.. And I can't understand why.

Also the new texture and model for the bastard sword(introduced to us with the release of v.950) is clearly inferior to the previous one,judging by how it looks.It seems too simple,too plain and probably a little shorter.The previous bastard sword was excellent looking,dangerous.. seeming like ready to strike any moment.. Sorry but I don't understand why the devs ever bothered to replace one of the best(coolest) looking weapons with an inferior texture...

Moreover,why is the blood toned down a considerable amount? Does mountnblade have profit concerns to the gore and being rated +18,mature or something? I keep killing the foes,and my sword is as clean as a white sheet of paper,no blood on it... Unlike the previous versions(especially v.0903.)  Please bring the blood,blood stains on the sword,axe,lance textures back.It kills off the realism.

One last thing.. I haven't noticed any significant changes at the character gen screen..The old harsh face isn't back either.

I hope there won't be unpleasant surprises at v1.00... It's better to build on something rather than taking out or botch some material people got accustomed to.Thank you.

14. Zephrelial

Downloading now...  :roll: I'm especially curious about the face gen changes.. I pray and hope that the old harsh face is back.

Also finally I won't have to drag the captured lords along with me! It's great that now they can be imprisoned by the player at the castles&towns like the AI does.
  15. Zephrelial

God bless you Armağan the Magnificant!! Very nice fixes in the list,some of them being quite vital.. :eek:

Now since this is the last beta version before the actual release,I sincerely hope you will release the source files of it as well. :wink:
  16. Zephrelial

Mount&Blade Version 0.955 is Released!

Everything is fine sofar.But please release the sources as well. :sad:
  17. Zephrelial

Version 0.951 Bug reports

Just a CTD occured at my game.Realizing a castle had no garrison I instantly occupied the castle,and right after having chosen the option of " request the castle for yourself" the screen went complete white.And a crash to desktop occured,there was an error "unknown error occured at Mount&blade and it needs to close".. I repeated it many times yet eachtime I had the same CTD.

I wanted to report that.The name of the castle is Sungetche Castle btw.
  18. Zephrelial

Couk said:
    some enemies troops are up in a tree  :shock:  :???:

i must kill them with crossbow xDD

(excuse my english im argentinian) =)

Couk said:

The same bug occured to me at least 4 times.One of them against the sea raiders,the  other ones against the mountain bandits and forrest bandits.

And also when the battle map loaded,once I myself as player have started at a the top of a tree,my characters or horse's feet not even touching that tree.

Also I experience ctd's when entering battle or talking to a lord on the campaign map as of late ignore or retry don't work.

I have v0.950 and patched it to 0.951
  19. Zephrelial

Couk said:

The same bug occured to me at least 4 times.One of them against the sea raiders,the  other ones against the mountain bandits and forrest bandits.

And also when the battle map loaded,once I myself as player have started at a the top of a tree,my characters or horse's feet not even touching that tree.

Also I experience ctd's when entering battle or talking to a lord on the campaign map as of late ignore or retry don't work.

I have v0.950 and patched it to 0.951
  20. Zephrelial

Rebellion

Thank you very much for sharing what happened in your case.
Back
Top Bottom