Search results for query: *

1. vidamir

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I have discovered one other bug: Pyke has its dungeon door set as a destructible object instead of a passage, so you can't currently get inside.
  2. vidamir

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I put in about four hours with this mod yesterday morning and decided to give a few thoughts. I have not played ACOK since version 1.5, so I've run into a lot of new features and I can't say whether they are new to 2.1 or 2.0, but they are new to me.

The scene-making has vastly improved over time. The last time I played the mod, I remember that there were many identical castles and towns, and few that were particularly memorable outside the excellent locations made for quests. In contrast, while playing 2.1, the quality and detail of each scene has continually surprised me, along with the incredible amount of new props. The Warband engine is never going to wow you, but I found many of the scenes I wandered into to be full of atmosphere and story. I have only visited a fraction of the locations available, but the highlights so far have been Lord Harroway's Town, the new snowy northern holdfasts, the Citadel of Old Town, several of the Barrows, and King's Landing and its many unique places to visit.

That sort of leads me to what I consider the standout feature for this update, which is the exploration. I have been very surprised by the amount of explorable locations, and the variety between them. With the bits of story that are included, I found them to be engaging and I enjoyed wandering through them and trying to discover each update and clue. That some of the locations provide small treasures or rewards make them a viable way for a young party to earn a bit of experience and a little gold. It was only towards the end of my playtime yesterday that I realized that you provide an update when the player has completely explored a location, so I now must go back to many of the previous spots I had visited and search around for what I've missed. I am looking forward to it.

Arms and armour have a terrific amount of variety, and I've found it feasible now to play without enemy healthbars or ally icons because it is usually easy enough to identify friend from foe just using their gear. With as many factions as are wandering around, that this is possible to do is impressive. I am also very pleased with the steep stat requirements for highest end arms and armours; I have seen many that require strength 20, which makes it impossible for a player just starting out to immediately kit himself in the best possible equipment, allowing for a meaningful progression over time. I suspect that this might annoy some people, but it fits how I like to play.

However, these equipment stat requirements made it difficult to advance in the Freelancer system as a beginning player. I usually start out my playtime in the service of a lord until I have enough money to support my own warband, but I was unable to accept promotions for a very long time, as the very first promotion required me to have 14 strength to wear its armour. I did not necessarily mind this, but I could not seem to find a troop tree in any of the menus to see what the requirements were, and the mystery of not knowing what my strength needed to be lead to several levels going by just dumping points into strength, uncertain how long I would be stuck as a recruit.

As for weapons, I tend to use spears and I was annoyed when mine broke in a single hit (the tooltip is clearly not just a suggestion), but then I discovered you also have 'heavy' variety spears that are shorter and don't seem to break, and have switched to those. Over time, I have seen the value in the spear-breaking, as I now line up my infantry with light spears, have them brace for calvary, and do not need to tell them to switch to swords/axes because they do it themselves when their spears break. Spearmen are actually pretty formidable AI units now because they are deadly to calvary, but no longer become overwhelmed by man-to-man fighting without babysitting via commander orders.

I do not know if the animated flags on the knights' lances are new, but they look great. Sword variety is outstanding.

On to quests; out of all the features in your mod, your quests have always been what set you apart from your peers, in my opinion. ACOK does many things well, but it does quests better than any modification outside of Viking Conquest story mode. I have discovered several new quests already and have found them compelling and full of flavour, but I have also run into several issues with bugs, including on quests that I remembered completing successfully in previous versions. I see from your thread that others have already discussed these (and that you intend to release a patch), but just for further information, I have been unable to progress Knowledge 5 and the pirate quest, and had problems with the Nights Watch questline. I will update this post if I encounter other issues.

Finally, the biggest shock I had while playing this version was the changes in AI diplomacy. I had a story screen pop up towards the end of my playtime yesterday that said that Renly had taken the Iron Throne, had executed Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella, and Cersei, and that Tywin had retreated back to the Westerlands in hopes of one day reforming the Kingdom of the Rock. I had no idea anything outside of the books' storyline could happen, and I was beyond thrilled. To be able to have different events occur in terms of AI kingdoms and diplomacy makes things much more interesting, even if those events don't always follow canon. There also seems to be constant warfare and switching of allegiances in Essos now, and it makes me want to take a boat over there and play in that sandbox for a while.

Thanks for your time and effort. I intend to play a little more today and am looking forward to what I find.
  3. vidamir

Bad Word from the Christian Clergy

Yusuf_Persian said:
    Im christian right now, how to be a pagan?
    Find a Gothi (pagan priest) in a major pagan city and ask to convert.
  4. vidamir

Bad Word from the Christian Clergy

You can sort of already do this. Convert to the opposite religion from what you already are, then convert back.
  5. vidamir

Funeral Ship scene bugged

The priest tells you what to do. Drop something in the funeral ship for your mother to take to the afterlife. Just drop one of your weapons in there.
  6. vidamir

Can't find Konungr Gudrod Ragnarson

He could be at sea. I had the same thing happen with a different lord. I found him patrolling the sea when I sailed out of port.
  7. vidamir

Traits: An Experiment and Discussion

reiksmarshal said:
    In playing 1.02 I haven't received a single horn as loot and I battle a lot. I think it was removed from single player in the last patch.
    It wasn't, it's just extremely rare. I've gotten 2 about a year into my game and both of them were looted in Ireland. I've only played with 1.02.
  8. vidamir

re: Unable to build a refuge.

If you're playing story mode, you likely already destroyed one refuge before (the one in the story counts). That's probably why you're still seeing the bug even though you don't remember building one before.
  9. vidamir

Viking Conquest issues

Uber Uther said:
    Can somebody please be so kind as to direct me to the location of a physician?

In true Monty Python style, i appear to have suffered a *Flesh Wound* and apparently need it looked at.

I have searched high and low in larger Towns to no avail.

Many thanks for any help. :smile:
    They are usually standing right near either the mayor or the shipwright in towns. They are NPCs wearing monks robes.
  10. vidamir

AI ships not landing

Same problem for me. I just started playing, using 1.165 and 1.02 and get to the point where I have to return to the jarl with 15 men, but find his ship stuck against the coast near Kennemer. I've attempted to restart a couple times, and waited in game for long periods of time (which causes many other ships to also get stuck in the same area). Neither prevented or fixed this bug.
  11. vidamir

archers swaping weapons

bill2505 said:
    why when in a save a village from bandits mission my archers dont use their bows at all.
    Are you sure you have enough archers? Keep in mind that Farmers (your villagers) are sorted as archers by default and they seem to have precedence over your own party when the game places your initial unit on the map. So if you have small battle sizes, you may have all your archer slots taken by farmers, who don't carry bows.

If you run large battle sizes, try using the formation commands to tell them to use ranged.
  12. vidamir

DOWNLOADS: Various tweaks, fixes, and scene updates (Update May 8th, 2013)

Danwood said:
    scene file conclicts with TML submod one, is it safe to just overwrite?
    Yep.
  13. vidamir

Spear Overhaul (overhand + underhand attack animations, stat changes)

Danwood said:
    so, is it safe to overwrite TML submod files?
    Yes.
  14. vidamir

Thanks, steelwarrior!
    Iltedge said:
    Are the spear buffs usable on other mod ?
    You mean in a mod other than Brytenwalda? No.
  15. vidamir

Custom Faces

I've replaced the vast majority of the faces in the mod for my own use. It's easiest to open the face dds files you want to change in Photoshop (or whatever editor you wish to use) and then either past a new face on top of it from a texture mod you like or create your own texture while using the original to line up where the eyes/mouth/nose/ears go.

Besides the dds textures, there's also a face morph file. Editing this changes the starting shape of the faces/heads and will probably make a bigger difference in in the general attractiveness of the faces in the mod than just editing the textures. The large noses you're referring to would be changed in this face morph file.
  16. vidamir

@NacroxNicke, Hidole555, MrExpendable

You're welcome! Glad they are of use. And hopefully you will get to play with the graphic submod at some point, MrExpendable. Adorno's scenes are even more outstanding with the updated graphics.
  17. vidamir

Buggy trees/vegetation on both battle and campaign maps

If they're bugged on the campaign map, too, then yes, you are probably having an install problem. Try copying over the files for the graphic submod again and overwriting what you have.

If that doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of what your trees look like? White boxes sound odd.
  18. vidamir

about rep and honor

Robineos said:
    I have got a question too.
    (sorry my english is bad)

When i played for a long time in game, i look at my friendlist and see many lords are my friends. But the most of them, i never meet or speek befor. Why are they all my friends?
    Your relation with honorable lords will increase when you perform honorable acts, even for lords you haven't met. Those lords are your friends because they are honorable and you have a reputation for being so, too.
  19. vidamir

Geredis said:
    Is this compatible with Julu70's 1.40 bugfix fan-patch thing, or do I have to manually make the changes in his files in order for this to work right?
    That's one of the few submods I don't actually use, so I have no idea. My file modifies actions.txt, item_kinds1.txt, module.ini and adds 2 files to the Resource folder. If any of those files are modified by Julu's patch, you will have to combine the changes.
  20. vidamir

Clagius said:
    Hey! Any chance that you could tell us how to add things into module.ini manually? I cannot replace the file myself, for I have applied few fixes and tweaks to Polished Landscapes.

Cheers.
    Certainly. It's only 2 small changes:

1. Run a search for

load_resource = skeletons

and replace with

load_mod_resource = skeletons

2. Run a search for

load_module_resource = ani_overhand_spear

and replace with

load_module_resource = animation_two_spear_strike
Back
Top Bottom