Search results for query: *

• Users: alh_p
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. alh_p

[Suggestion] Siege mode defender/attacker balance

Hi all, I took a month or two break from the beta, glad to see it has been progressing nicely and that many of the suggestions around when I was last here have now been incorporated into the game! Playing on the Siege-heavy EU servers over the weekend I was struck by the almost permanent...
  2. alh_p

[SUGGESTION] Faction balance

There are a couple of threads now on the balance of various factions. Everyone has favoured and un-favoured factions and it can be hard in the less than collegiate atmosphere of this forum to get any objectivity on their overall balance. For reference and so that you know where my bias might...
  3. alh_p

[Suggestion] Game modes!

Irrespective of how much people like / dislike the current game modes: Battle, Siege, Conquest and Team deathmatch; my experience of many other multiplayer games (mostly FPS') makes me think Warband would benefit from the addition of more classic game modes like Capture The Flag (CTF), or Take...
  4. alh_p

[Suggestion] map edge?

The map border is usually noticeable in single player game (on top of a slight ridge), but the maps in Warband seem smaller and there is no obvious feature which shows you were they are -except when you simply stop... [Suggestion] Implement a graphic feature (such as a fence) to make the map...
  5. alh_p

[BUG] inaccessible map areas / getting stuck

I've found, on a couple of maps, that there are areas you can access (e.g. by jumping into them) but cannot get out of. The problem is due to two factors: 1. the fact you need to be running forward in order to jump up and forward 2. the design of maps I would not suggest changing 1, but 2...
  6. alh_p

Boxed copy availability

Has anyone received or bought M&B in a boxed copy? I just got a message from amazon.co.uk saying the following: "We now have the delivery date(s) for the order you placed on 12 September 2008, 13:17 MEST(Order# #######). We have listed the item(s) below with the expected delivery date(s)...
  7. alh_p

Rotten tomatoes: M&B taglines

I've created this thread as a repository for alternative/silly taglines for the M&B release. I'm no position of authority to adjudicate and a prize might be in poor taste, so er, that'll be all.
  8. alh_p

Community outreach for 1.0 please!

I am confused about M&B1.0, and I don't think I'm the only one. Some of Paradox and Armagan's statements have been conflicting or ambiguous regarding content & improvements to M&B in v1.0 (compared to v0.96) and exactly how we will be able to get our hands on it. There has not been a clear...
  9. alh_p

"Challenge the strongest armies and the most cunning opponents"

Dare I really hold my breath for an AI upgrade in 1.0? The screenies look good (finally done at a higher resolution): new textures etc = fantastic and well overdue. Will we get some of the much vaunted improvements to enemy AI? As the paradox site currently says, it certainly is challenging...
  10. alh_p

RESET Lets put this to rest: Dual wielding in M&B?

Hi everyone This poll is just to test the water and see what people feel about this long running & often acrimonious issue. Many opinions have been posted on the Suggestions forum, I'd like to know how even those less vocal feel about the issue in the hope of forming some sort of consensus...
  11. alh_p

Siege options e.g. siege weapons

A number of people have requested catapults and all manner of siege weapons as functional battlefield weapons, if not as party members. I think sieges currently do lack such weapons, but I think Trebuchets and their like shouldn't be used as battlefield artillery (as in MTW). Only...
  12. alh_p

Mercenary captain quests

I've had a good look but been unable to find a decent guide to this quest on the forums. I think the mercenary captain missions are a great feature, and offer a very neat progression between picking on bandits and ruling fiefs as a faction lord.  I've done the quest with a couple of start-up...
  13. alh_p

0.950 Warmongering quests

I'm really pleased to see this implemented, but it's a shame I have to report a bug in it... I was offered a mission by several lords of my faction who didn't like the current peace with a particular faction. The dialogue is great and its nice to know the potential consequences of what you...
  14. alh_p

Castle maps

Small but infuriating point for Castle map designs: Can there be no "pits" or closed areas between walls & houses please? Its great to have the details inside the castle walls, but I've just fallen in between the castle wall and the back of house and can't get out! It's happened twice now...
  15. alh_p

Control of party NPCs: Delegation!

How about being able to set your "hero" party members missions? Instead of just being fully customizable troops, why not give them responsibility & tasks? Perhaps they could be assigned troops from the main party and given a task to go away an complete -or aid the main party in their task (e.g...
Back
Top Bottom