Search results for query: *

1. Conall

Fix for some crashes... NOT A BUG THREAD - READ 1st POST

I still can't get the memory edit to work, it totally shuts off my graphic card's ability to render 3D objects. If anyone knows what the problem is (and I posted screencaps of the issues earlier here) I would really appreciate it. Keep in mind it used to work until I took my PC to the shop to install DVD software.

Also catalyst control center wont start up at all, it's obviously a program problem with that, and when I do start it up manually it wont run. Maybe I should list the programs that run to see if they're conflicting?
  2. Conall

Well I tried running it without Fraps, and it still wouldn't work. Same exact error as in the last 2 screencaps. I think it's a direct X error but not sure how to fix it. Not sure what it is but when I revert the memory change it works yet again. Everything that uses the video card does not work except windows. Could it have to be that I am using the media center edition of windows XP?
  3. Conall

OK I did this for a while and it worked, but today when I tried getting it to work it keeps giving me this error. I don't know whats up with it, it isn't an ingame error but a windows error obviously. If anyone knows what this is your help will be really appreciated. and yes I did do exactly what it said and keep in mind it USED to work for me but suddenly it stopped.
    Heres screencaps of the exact errors I got:
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1857/errorbj.png
    http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5516/error2t.png
    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/313/error3u.png
  4. Conall

To yon owners of Helmets, or those knowledgeable there of.

When I wore a great helm, I basically could only see what was in front of me. Vision wasn't as bad as I thought it would be be but I did have to turn my head to the side or up and down to see what was below or at the side of me.
  5. Conall

Are reeanactors often dressed too brightly?

I tend to choose rather plain colors (White Tan and Black) because I portray a Knight Templar when I reenact, but back in the days I do know they used bright vibrant colors and whatnot. Before I was more "historically accurate" I always went for earthly tones (green and brown) though, which I doubt were used much back then.
  6. Conall

Your Favorite Medeival Weapons

When I duel I use a norman longsword. I did go to a wicked faire one time and felt the later century swords, and I was surprised at how light they actually were, a big break from the viking/norman type blades I'm used to. Better thrusters by far, while the norman/viking type swords are more so meant for cleaving and whatnot.
  7. Conall

Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

I'd like to report that I am unable to repair arms and armor through the blacksmith. I ask him about repairing and he says nevermind. Really irritates me that my long axe broke and now I cant repair it.
  8. Conall

Maces work a lot better against enemies despite being a bit on the short side, swords are only useful against armorless opponents though unless you stab and even then it's hard to kill them with swords. Using a spear is a bit tricky and will take a while to get used to, but this game has totally forced me to change my play style.
  9. Conall

Allright I played the newest version, and I like the items and whatnot as well as the armor, but you might want to consider this. The fact that helmets make enemies nearly invulnerable to overhead cleaves as well as sword swipes is extremely irritating, ESPECIALLY in tournaments.  I have to fight on foot in order to take them out or use a spear on horseback, rather than using a sword on horseback as I normally do. Dunno if this is meant for realism or what but it means I have to totally change my playing style.
  10. Conall

Mount and Blade Warband keeps freezing during battles

I still tried everything you guys suggested and it didn't work.... Really I am fed up with it honestly. I might just trade this PC in for a new one just to play the mod. Oh and for the record I'm using windows XP media center edition if thats a reason then I guess I should get a different version somehow.

Also the link to solve the problem is dead, if anyone can find it posted elsewhere or knows how to solve the problem I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Well I did the boot memory edit for windows and i have managed to play 2 battles without this crash... It even lags a lot less than it always used to, thank god for this now I think I can finally play this without crashes.
  11. Conall

Mount and Blade Warband keeps freezing up during battles

I been playing 1257 AD. I noticed it doesn't happen with the older versions of the mod nearly as much. I would like to know whats been causing it cause I really want to play this mod.
  12. Conall

Mount and Blade Warband keeps freezing during battles

I just bought this new computer, and this game worked fine on it at first but then when I go into battles it keeps freezing up. I'm really getting fed up with this freeze up glitch keeps doing. It runs fine some of the time but randomly it will just lock up and play the same 3 frames for a short...
  13. Conall

Mount and Blade Warband keeps freezing up during battles

I just bought this new computer, and this game worked fine on it at first but then when I go into battles it keeps freezing up. I'm really getting fed up with this freeze up glitch keeps doing. It runs fine some of the time but randomly it will just lock up and play the same 3 frames for a short...
  14. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Well the freezeup glitch does not occur on the July version of this mod. Heh it's only the newest one, guess i'll just play the older version and hopefully when the next versions released it wont have the freezeup glitch. Whatever it is I hope it's fixed in the next version.
    Nevermind the older version does it too. I am going to return my graphics card and see if thats the problem.
  15. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

torwi1 said:
    its the same with me as "Conall". i have never had a problem playing a game on full grhapics.

and i do have to hotfix.

but il try take down the grapichs on the texture. and wuld it help using the DX7 instead of the DX9?
    Good to see I'm not the only one having this problem. And I've tried that and it still crashed even with a lower res it crashed, oddly the older versions don't crash on me. Guess I'll wait for the newer one to come out and hope it doesn't crash like that.
  16. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

I did update my drivers and it still happens so I don't think it's my graphics card as it works with every other game just fine as well as other mods. Not sure what it is but I think it's mod related not driver related. My card is an ATI Radeon HD 5700 just in case thats why. The custom battles dont glitch up on me it's only the campaign mode that does, I cranked the game to the highest settings possible and it worked fine on the custom battles. Maybe i'll reinstall the mod and see if the files got corrupted.
    Yup tried that and it still did the same glitch... I think this mod is broken and wont run on my PC. Oddly the older versions still work on my PC just fine as do other M&B mods.
  17. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Tried it, didn't work, I actually recorded the glitch to show what exactly happens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oM6qNRCpq4
    And when I DO try to minimize it and fix it it won't open up cause apparently mount and blade HATES being minmized. It only stuttered in the end because I exited it, if I just left it on it woulda just stayed frozen like that.
  18. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

I tried that just now and the same thing happened... I really think it's linked to the polished landscapes mod, if I could remove that from this I think it would work fine.
    I've tried to minimize it but it happens so frequently it breaks the game essentially, by the time I finally fix it my character is already missing half his health or worse.
  19. Conall

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Well I been playing this mod, but whenever I play in wooded areas it tends to just freeze up and the game still runs and it does'nt crash to desktop the frames will just freeze to 2 frames and will go back and forth making the game unplayable. Not sure whats causing this but it DOESN'T happen on vanilla and desert maps, ONLY maps with wooded areas with the polished landscapes mod. Not sure what it is but I would like to fix it as this mod is rather good but being unable to play certain portions irritates me.
  20. Conall

TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

I tried using this with 1257 AD and it wont work. I also tried manually editing it but the numbers were all different. Can anyone help me change the party morale for it so my troops don't leave me?
Back
Top Bottom