Search results for query: *

• Users: Pode
  • Order by date
  1. Morrigan (spoilers)

Someday, maybe after I retire or Bannerlord comes out, I'll get around to making the mod I want to make where she becomes the claimant for Aileach. I wanna copy and modify her seduction minigame conversation to be you persuading her that her uncle Aed is to blame not just Mael Bresail and that you and she could and should try to overthrow him. Outcomes of her ruling like a normal claimant, her marrying you (giving right to rule), her leaving (either cuz you're trying to use her to gain power, she decides she doesn't need you, she doesn't want any more war, or cuz you killed her brother and niece/nephew), or staying with you for a while as she considers things. Having the Cathach will help persuade her to fight, as it's God's will that she miraculously recovered it from the Viking who stole it.
    So Bannerlord is out, and quarantine got pretty close to retirement, and I am in fact working on this mod now, as a submod to Tingyun's Balance Mod. Beta test version available on his Discord
  2. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

I'd request the source so I could incorporate it into my own one day.
  3. Morrigan (spoilers)

Someday, maybe after I retire or Bannerlord comes out, I'll get around to making the mod I want to make where she becomes the claimant for Aileach. I wanna copy and modify her seduction minigame conversation to be you persuading her that her uncle Aed is to blame not just Mael Bresail and that you and she could and should try to overthrow him. Outcomes of her ruling like a normal claimant, her marrying you (giving right to rule), her leaving (either cuz you're trying to use her to gain power, she decides she doesn't need you, she doesn't want any more war, or cuz you killed her brother and niece/nephew), or staying with you for a while as she considers things. Having the Cathach will help persuade her to fight, as it's God's will that she miraculously recovered it from the Viking who stole it.
  4. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

I too am interested and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  5. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Tingyun said:
    If someone notices the release faster than I do, please post here so I am notified, and I’ll get to updating as soon as possible.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    The patch is now live for everyone!

Steam and GOG users should have received this patch automatically, for everyone else, you can access it on our downloads page: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/Download

Seems I am someone after all.
  6. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Perhaps a limit that you must be a noble of the same kingdom as the town's Lord to own an enterprise there. Losing not just fiefs but enterprises also would make it less automatic for me to rebel and make my own kingdom.
  7. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

I feel like surrendering when outnumbered 3 to 1 and trapped inside a fort is not unreasonable behavior. Balance should come from making it expensive and difficult but not impossible to wander around with an army that large. Part of the reason we remember the great heathen army a thousand years later is that they wandered around getting entire kingdoms worth of garrisons to surrender to them.
  8. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

I'm overcommitted as is :sad:

Whatever is easiest for you to maintain is what will be best for the mod. Ambition is best approached incrementally. I was just making the suggestion if you do decide to go down the VC code route, build off the Balance mod code to get the fixes to siege mechanics.

That is my understanding for VC mods as well. Hasn't stopped the one of the ASoIaF mods built on VC from building a big following.

I'm not aware of any other VC mods that did so many bugfixes as the Balance Mod, so that's my sole recommended VC mod. AFAIK most of the rest are troop balance or graphical mods, neither of which really help you much with porting.
  9. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Can you expand a bit on what you mean by parallel VC? Are you going to be making the mod on the VC code base so that this becomes a mod for VC rather than for Warband? If so I highly recommend starting from Tingyun's excellent VC Balance mod, as he's done a lot of work fixing vanilla bugs.
  10. Can't find a robbers' den

Try abut halfway between the salt mine and the inland village east of Dorestad, and south of Dorestad across the river and inland a bit
  11. How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

Looking forward to Jan then. Thanks for the hard work.
  12. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

I'm gonna show my politician nature here. How about a difficult to implement compromise that will satisfy no one? Namely, cut the magnitude of the horse slowing effect in half.
  13. How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

Didn't mean that at all in a dismissive way. All I meant by drop was that you released the final product of a LOT of labor of love.
  14. How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

I've not been idle with playing other stuff, but I do check this board every few days to see if your update has dropped and it's time to start my next Brytenwalda campaign.
  15. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

PoP users have reported not being able to access their saved games after Steam passively updated, and in the patch announcement thread on Steam Callum commented that restarting Steam would clear that issue up. So I would suggest restarting Steam (which should trigger the update if it hasn't already happened passively) to be safe.
  16. King of West Seax is missing.

Sounds like he might still be stuck in Snotingham, let a bit more time pass and a huge swarmn of Mercian and Saxon lords should emerge from that town and scatter, he should be one of them.
  17. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

I can't seem to find a reference backing up my memory, and the vanilla setting of 7 reinforcement waves during sieges is probably the 7 I was misremembering. There might be something in the mission templates near the code that governs how many reinforcement waves that controls how many men have to be left for a wave to trigger, or I might be imagining the whole thing.
  18. romance with companions

Morrigan, Dwywei, your wife, and any other lord's wives
  19. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

On the other tweaks you mention, could you list specifically what numbers you’d suggest changing? I don’t mind implementing some changes to storyline battles, but I don’t have a good sense of how I’d change them myself, so I’d like to follow your suggestions.

Man, I'd have to look it up, it's been so long since I tweaked my VC install. Remind me that I owe you this if I don't get back to you this weekend.
  20. Any point to buying a ship while you are trading in VC?

If you have your own ship you can participate in sea battles and capture more ships, rescue high tier prisoners without having to train them up, and get very valuable loot from vikings.
Back
Top Bottom