Search results for query: *

1. The Great Dictator

MP Modern [NW] Resistance at Nenjiang Bridge: 1931

Fantastic, I absolutely love this period! Stuff focusing on the Second Sino-Japanese War is a rarity (It's a shame that WWII China Battlefield is no more), and the precursory conflicts unheard of. Hope to see development continue, and the server to be opened and populated.

One small point, wouldn't the M1922 helmet be a more fitting choice of headgear for IJA soldiers at this point in time?
    IJA_Infantry_in_Manchuria.jpg

Here's a pretty good thread:

Chinese helmets at this time on the other hand seemed to be exceptionally rare, but it's hard to find solid information.
  2. The Great Dictator

B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Ivkolya said:
    Ottoman Bashi-Bazouk

33bdbd6dbf3a61d6c915274326c7b6f8.jpg

db36fd6b9189ed5bea45c58fd67c6cba.jpg

Very nice! I think I mentioned this long ago, referring to the Greek Legion, but this Bashi-Bazouk's sash brought it back to mind: Will we be seeing a mechanic for irregulars such as these where they wield multiple pistols they can draw one after another? Could make for an interesting playstyle; run up, pepper your foe(s), and then duck off to reload your multitude of handguns.
  3. The Great Dictator

Main Thread - 3.0 released!

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
    I'm fine.  :razz: I'll post a full statement on the future of the mod in the coming days.

Hype is absolutely unreal. Even if the development is ceased, it will be good to hear word on this mod.
  4. The Great Dictator

SP Modern [WB] WW II China War of Elders V3.37

WOW! This came out of nowhere, it's always cool to see the Chinese, Russian, and various other communities drop their mods and provide translations.

WWII China Battlefield was probably the best mod for the original Mount and Blade, at the least the most mechanically impressive. Unfortunately this mod was never ported over to Warband outside of multiplayer, so I'm glad to see that it at long last has a successor. The Warlord Era, Civil War, and Second Sino-Japanese War are probably some of my favorite historic conflicts to read of. It's really the ideal setting for a Second World War Mount and Blade mod; you've got modern warfare and all the cool new features that brings, but you've also got the classic spear and sword melee combat which has always been M&B's bread and butter.

Any idea when this translated and "copyright friendly" version will be released? Will there be multiplayer? I look forward to having the Dao and Katana clash once more in Warband!
  5. The Great Dictator

I'll just come out and say it; best mod for Warband there is, and it doesn't even have a fraction of the popularity it aught to.
  6. The Great Dictator

Red Wars Now Open Source

This mod is still alive and well, under new blood: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-red-war-12

As you can see a news update regarding an entire faction was posted. The next release is exciting, as it should give the mod some much needed polish. Previously there was an issue with the mod seeming confused, with a mishmash of weapon designs varying from interwar to cold war, a slew of unbalance, and inconsistent styles.
  7. The Great Dictator

SP Modern Snow In the East - WW2 Eastern Front mod (v0.5 Demo Come out!)

WW2 mods have a hard time of it, I have seen many efforts, but the only one to produce a single player experience was China Battlefield. Regardless, I wish the best of luck. You certainly have my interest.

There are currently a lot of unused WW2 era assets floating around, the silver lining is many are up for grabs!

Here is the Battle for Yugoslavia OSP: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,363773.0.html

Aside from the previously mentioned China Battlefield, you might also see fit to ask the authors of the following mods: Finland at WW2 (this one is particularly relevant), Festung Breslau, Red and Blue, and there may even be some passable assets in the Red Wars. Of course if you wish to go it your own, all the more good wishes!

The choice of using Fire and Sword as a base is interesting, but certainly not a bad idea at all; you've already got a relevant world map to work with. Maybe a change in game will be just the ticket for a completed WW2 mod.
  8. The Great Dictator

SP Modern [WB] Civil War in Russia 1917-1922 start porting to Warband and recruiting!

It's the least I could say, your work is appreciated! The amount of effort you have put into this mod alone is no small feat.

I was also going to mention how some of the other items could benefit from tweaking as well, but you beat me to the punch. Specifically, the fact that certain pistols like the Mauser do more damage than rifles is probably the most notable, as you mentioned. Balancing is a whole different beast in and of itself, and just thinking about it makes my head spin.

Another recommendation would be to diversify the music. There are numerous White and Red marches and ballads, and I don't think it would hurt to have a dozen or even more of them, and this is to say nothing of pre-revolutionary music. It'd also be cool to have a few songs for the other powers, like a couple of Ukrainian or Black Army songs, maybe even have a song or two for each of the main Entente powers. I can recall the Chinese Civil war mod (another great mod, civil war mods simply seem to be quality) actually had a few period recordings of popular Chinese music from the 30s and 40s which would play in taverns. Russian song recordings from the Civil War period seem almost impossible to find, but I'm sure something old sounding from the 30s or 40s could be passed off. Don't get me wrong, the Pirates of the Caribbean music is pretty action packed, but it sort of makes me want to start swinging from ropes, or drink rum.

It's a small detail, but it certainly adds some "oomph!" to battles, and enriches the travels across the map.

At any rate, my current play through with the Entente has been great! The only bug I've encountered is that Joseph Joffre is missing a mesh, so his character is a white X during discussions with him. Aside from that, the new scenes are fantastic. I've occasionally encountered a few red grid lines, but this has only been present in the kidnapper hideout, and a few patches of it here and there in a village scene or two.
  9. The Great Dictator

SP Modern [WB] Civil War in Russia 1917-1922 start porting to Warband and recruiting!

Loving the new update Rockwell. The mod's polish is really showing now with the fully completed scenes, no more medieval gun fights! The new Ukrainian faction is great, and I think it makes more sense to turn the German troops into mercenaries; from my understanding the Germans only fought under their own banner for about a year in the Baltics under Allied watch, the remaining Freikorps then merged into the White Army to avoid Allied reprisal. The new items, and the Ostern heroes are welcome additions too.

Looking at the items, would you also consider bumping up the armor values for the helmets? It's a small touch, but they are steel after all. I've already messed around in Morgh's editor, and I've set them in a previous version around 35-45 depending on the style (the Adrians were of the lightest make if I recall). These values generally allow one to survive a pistol round to the head, which makes sense.

Talking about this has gotten me to thinking as well, would there be any room for body armor in this mod? I know that this isn't exactly the period of knights in shining armor, but were there any traditional bits of gear in use like the cuirass, such as among the Bukharans? Maybe more reasonably there could be the presence of trench armor? I can't find any information as to whether or not the Allies or Germans equipped their troops with their designs in Russia, but they could at the least perhaps make for a very expensive player item, think like the Louis gun. I had thought for the longest time that Russia did not employ any body armor during the first World War, but this image really does make me question that:

e457e8deb6807b592c12276455e81a38.jpg

This really blows my mind, because the breastplate bears a striking resemblance to that of the WW2 era SN models, or "steel bibs", perhaps it's a precursor? Here's the web page, but information is rather scant:
    http://survincity.com/2012/10/a-short-history-of-body-armor-in-russia-and-the/

Just found this page too which goes a bit more in depth, interesting stuff:
    http://survincity.com/2013/08/the-russian-army-body-armor/
  10. The Great Dictator

B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Good looking stuff, it's nice to see that this mod is still being chipped away at!

This P.Alabin just didn't get it! I'm not going to mess with a man who goes into battle with a skirt!

Going further off the almost irregular, undisciplined nature of the Greek volunteers, I notice in a lot of depictions the Legionaries have their sashes absolutely packed with anywhere from one to three pistols, and often even a dagger! Is there any chance we could see an "assault" type class for the unit? Being able to run up to a formation and unleashing shot after shot before having to reload could make for a unique mechanic. People in NW mods have an understandable habit of surviving pistol rounds, so maybe this could make them particularly useful for once.  Or, of course any regular old soldier could have a pistol and dagger tucked into their belt as a backup for their muskets and rifles.
  11. The Great Dictator

Well, there you have it, many thanks!

Learn something new everyday.
  12. The Great Dictator

Glad to see that at least one person has (re)discovered their interest in this mod, I was afraid the bump would be wasteful.

Here's the Google translated version of the post, errors probably abound:

Dug out the actual for today (albeit quite old) version of the mod-clone at number 15.

What has changed in comparison with version 14?

1. The scenes of all cities are finished. For the village had not taken.
    2. Updated a number of offices commanders.
    3. Now in the factional shops you can buy outfits only of this faction, or neutral (including the Cossacks, because they are mercenaries)
    4. You can not buy a decent firearm in the shop-for this you will have to walk around the taverns / teahouses to find a trader from the "black market" (Black Market Dealer), which has something more worthy.
    5. Model armored car, which now rolls on a large map instead of a horse figure glavgeroya.

I understand that this is not even at the "hour of a teaspoonful," but still ...)))

Yes, I almost forgot - download link:
    https://files.fm/u/pqs6wesx

Haha, out of curiosity any Russian speakers have an explanation for the "hour of a teaspoonful" phrase? I imagine it's a Russian saying that Google isn't particularly apt to pick up. Here's the original text, for the sake of comprehensiveness, because who knows if Rockwell will make his return here:

Откопал актуальную на сегодняшний день (хоть и достаточно старую) версию мод-клона под номером 15.

Что в ней изменилось по сравнению с версией 14?

1. Закончены сцены всех городов. За села еще не брался.
    2. Обновлен ряд кабинетов командующих.
    3. Теперь во фракционных магазинах можно купить обмундирование только этой фракции, либо нейтральное (включая казачье, потому как наемники)
    4. Приличный огнестрел теперь в лавке не купишь - для этого придется пройтись по трактирам/чайханам, дабы отыскать торговца с "черного рынка" (Black Market Dealer), у которого есть что-то более достойное.
    5. Моделька броневика, которая теперь катается по большой карте вместо конной фигурки главгероя.

Понимаю, что это даже не в "час по чайной ложке", но все-таки...)))

Да, чуть не забыл - ссылка для скачивания:
  13. The Great Dictator

I'm bumping this for those who have any interest.

Rockwell recently released a new version of this mod a few weeks ago on a Russian M&B forum, and at long last the scenes are functioning. He hasn't been active here, and I haven't been able to register on their forums due to trouble translating the security question, so here:

14. The Great Dictator

SP Fantasy [WB] Seng Neng Kene: Low Fantasy Nusantara Ancient Kingdom [update 10 june]

I find that Low Fantasy mods for Warband tend to be absolutely fantastic; I mean, just take Sayazn for example.

It looks like this one has an Eastern flair to it as well, which is a win in my book. I find that the same old generic "Western Medieval Europe" thing can run a bit old.

I'll definitely be watching with interest!

15. The Great Dictator

Bug Reports and Suggestions

Also, on the note of Khaldim; they could really use some modern units. Like, I get that they sort of already are the most modern faction in the early game with their rifled muskets, but they could truly use some breach-loaders to make them more competitive late game, along with ditching the  obsolete pikes. Maybe give the guards bayoneted breach-loaders, and let the mountain sharpshooters have ones without bayonets. Hell, maybe even give the snipers some early optics or something, maybe some revolver cavalry? Just something to set them apart so as to have them say "hey, we're still the most modern faction in the game."

They could simply use the attention, after all Shastavi has an entire campaign centered around her and Khaldim! Just a suggestion, always love to see your work Jacob.
  16. The Great Dictator

fladin said:
    Absolutely, the music in astonishing, I love those made by Chris Field (UXO's soundtrack), but I still don't know who made the other exotic/ethnic tracks?

Aha! My thanks! I hadn't a clue the music came from the Ultima series. It's nice to see the work being put to use in some form, since X was never released. It fits extremely well.
  17. The Great Dictator

I've stated many times before that this may very well be the best mod for singleplayer Warband.

The music especially really resonates with me, and it fits the setting extremely well. Where does it come from? It's really nice. I think "campaign_ishtar_4" is my favorite, it's such a varied piece, and I love the flute! What exactly is it? It's a really catchy tune and I'd love to know the name.
  18. The Great Dictator

Agreed, of course this should all have correlating cost. Outfitting people in steel, arming them with the finest arms, and training them to excellency in skill should be prohibitively expensive for the sake of balance.

Actually, I'd even recommend various "tiers" of experience if such a thing is even possible. Think what Fire and Sword did with custom troops, if I recall they can be ranked up with XP gain and obtain increased skills.
  19. The Great Dictator

Good to hear Jacob! I really look forward to giving this mod another play-through!

Just a minor suggestion, but could we possibly see a helmet be included for the custom musketeer regiment? There's already a breastplate, so I'd love to go all the way and have a steel legion.
  20. The Great Dictator

SP Musket Era [WB] Russian-Caucasian War Mod (Still in Development)

Wow! Really cool stuff.

Especially that mask, very haunting!
Back
Top Bottom