Search results for query: *

1. Vellarain

Resolved 1.4.3 Beta: Game Crashes Entering My Own Fief

Yeah I did the same thing, dumped every single mod I had running thinking it was a conflict. Still a crash when entering my castles, hopefully I can roll this back so I can actually tend to my holdings.
  2. Vellarain

SP - General Trading: Base Price

Haha imo it makes you the worst trader ever because you don't trade, you steal! :razz:

What? Nooo, they either gave me those items or accidentally dropped them when I was passing by.
  3. Vellarain

SP - General [BEST OF your Suggestions] Tournaments

Yeah right now Tournaments are very underwhelming and even in the OG Mount and Blade they needed help from modders. I am pretty damned surprised to see that they still have not learned anything from all this time about how best to implement it. All we got is a leader board. The renown gain is too low, I get more from slapping a bandit hideout. The gear is... alright, still nothing fantastic and of course they still have the same 300 denars cap that is straight from ye olde M&B.
  4. Vellarain

SP - General Trading: Base Price

I am kind of salty that all the trade goods I plunder from caravans and villages to sell off don't give me any trade skill. After all, I paid zero for the goods and sold them off for pure profit, that makes me the best damned trader ever.
  5. Vellarain

SP - General Bring back singleplayer autoblock

For the people who lacks the reflexes and desires to live out their power fantasies I feel this needs to come back, wont stop me from trying to learn how to block on my own.

A tip I can give is to use the AWSD keys to control the block angle, works a lot better than mouse direction block controls.
  6. Vellarain

SP - General Add dance animations to multiplayer like in fortnite

Corpse kicking is the tried and tested way of dunking on your opponent.
  7. Vellarain

SP - General Cut his ****ing head off!

Why stop as just lopping off heads, lets get seriously graphic and have the ability to chop off limbs and disembowel NPC's in combat with your two handed weapons. Just cleave some peon in half like you are The Mountain and watch as the rest of the infantry gets second thoughts.
  8. Vellarain

SP - General Help players get better at blocking: new training field exercises

Yeah I got totally spanked by a looter in single combat when I tried to duel him. Only then I noticed that Autoblock went the wayside. It kinda sucks because now I am forced to get gud as they say.
  9. Vellarain

Sjw slider and hardcaps on combat skills

First: the player and companions have a hardcap on combat skills. Not sure why you thought this was a good idea because it wasn't. This isn't an mmo, caps don't belong here. The fun in warband was becoming stronger with every fight, or after tens of fights depending on how strong you've gotten. But capping ? Oh man when did you guys get so blind to what's fun and what isn't?

I am just gonna point out this one thing. You are not hardcapped at all, it is actually a soft cap and your progress just slows after you have pushed past your potential growth. The true hardcap is 600 to every single skill which can give you some obscene bonuses. Now I feel that your Attributes and Focus points bottom out far too low at only 200.
  10. Vellarain

SP - General Pre-Battle Duels

I would like to see this being an option, two armies on the field and the hero's jousting between them has a very cinematic feeling about it.
  11. Vellarain

SP - General Marriable companions

Yeah I can see that for the sake of your own head canon of how your developing your character.
  12. Vellarain

SP - General Looter and bandit movement speeds and movement mechanic in general needs readjusting

You need to have horses in your inventory to boost your speed. If you can get all your infantry on horses I think the max speed bonus you can get from it is 1.25

Additionally having Calvary gives you a speed boost as well, having about 25% of your armor mounted on horse will net you an additional 1.00 with your base 4.50 you can have your warband bombing around at 6.75 which is fast enough to catch nearly everything. Of course there are other bonuses that bump up your speed too but are little more tricky to maintain like high morale.
  13. Vellarain

SP - General Put more work into how we develop as a character.

Can we make a list of all the interesting perks then? Things we’d hope the devs would iterate off of? I picked a few, most have a kernel of something interesting there.

Lots of good ones there You brought up for sure, so they are not all bad but the ones that stand out are far and few between.

You mean Vigour doesn't increase our damage and HP?

Honestly if it does increase anything there is no information given that it does.
  14. Vellarain

SP - General Put more work into how we develop as a character.

Ill try to keep this simple and concise. Attributes should contribute to more than just your skill cap. I feel that attributes should help define your character better by giving some boosts to performing certain tasks, to give incentive to the players to specialize both their character and...
  15. Vellarain

25 Hour Gameplay Feedback (excludes bugs)

Good stuff, covered a wide range of topics!

Your personal background in the start really seems like you are bringing along a curse to every kingdom you joined!
  16. Vellarain

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I actually like the idea behind it, you level up skills by using them, instead of the old system where you can just suddenly grow brains out of nowhere and become a 27 INT god.

But the progress is way... WAY too slow. It needs to be dialed up to triple at the very least. No doubt the redundant perks will be found out and replaced.

Uhh, I don't ever remember a time where I just poofed 27 INT, that sounds like a serious investment of your progress. Mind you INT was key because of the +2 skill points it brought back in the day.

For sure. This one is un intuitive, clunky, visually confusing, and difficult to navigate. I like other aspects of the game, but I think Taleworlds (like many gaming companies do) over thought this and made a smooth easy system into a confusing mess. It's very poorly designed.

It looks good, but a lot of the information could have been more up front. I think they just need to invest some more time into it to make your progress that much more rewarding.
  17. Vellarain

I have seen my companions level their non combat skills when put in charge of their own party or trade caravan, it is painfully slow. I would really like to see the companions level their support skills much faster than what I am seeing. I had one set to me my surgeon and after many dozens of deaths they got their skill to level 5.... yaaay.

I started rolling out a few sieges finally, and other than the glacial skill rate I am really digging their new siege and army system. It actually got my blood pumping to see catapults lobbing rocks at my army!

I think a lot of the perks just need to be turned up to feel like it is an actual, you know, perk. %4 to melee damage? that is just silly.%1 to movement speed, lame. Either they change it, or they make it available for the modding community to tinker with it, that way someone will make the system more engaging that what it is right now.

Attributes should bring a bulk of stats with them because right now it is far and few between when you get them and you are going to be hard pressed to ever max out 2 or more stats. If you are a bruiser that wants to go into the front line, Vigor and endurance should be your focus for raw power and the endurance to take more than a few hits. Want to be the bowman, Control and Cunning should be the focus for pinpoint shots and a higher situational awareness (I would actually kill to see a shot lead indicator at higher skill levels.). God forbid the gameplay caters to the Leader types were Social and Intelligence is their go to and they have huge armies and have the nobles wrapped around their fingers.

Don't get me wrong, they are mixing things up and trying new stuff, the old system worked, but there was serious limitations and it was hard for people to actually code around that old system. Only a handful of mods actually tinkered with it and most of them were just plain stuck with it.

Lets not all forget that pathfinding could only speed up your army so much before it became a sluggish blob of go nowhere fast.
  18. Vellarain

Criticizing an early access game released 1 day ago lol

Yeah it is early access and there are some clear flaws in the released product. I was concerned this new game was just going to be a texture update, but I am finding they have improved on the core of what first grabbed me about the original Mount and Blade.

They have the foundation laid out and they are going to build upon the original, it will just require some patience some people don't have.
  19. Vellarain

SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Yeah no auto block has been... an adjustment to say the least.
  20. Vellarain

Alrighty twenty hours in and with a level 15 character I feel like I can remark on some things. If you sit there and seriously try and harp about it is early access, I played the original game back when it was not even available on steam. If there is one thing that should be solid over the other...
Back
Top Bottom