Search results for query: *

• Users: 0tto
  • Order by date
  1. 0tto

Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

It's not about realism (nice strawman btw), it's about good gameplay.

Mount & Blade: Warband is a good example of a satisfying balance between damage output and armor protection -leading to fun engaging gameplay.

Bannerlord armor is just a Fortnite skin.

Sad.
    these always devolve into joules vs mm's of metal, stat graphs, wrestling with daggers, and other super technical bs

i just want milita to stop being legionaries. hit-to-ko is basically the same for everything with a difference of 2.
    it gets bland. legionaries don't feel much more dangerous than the trained inf tier, one just drops the other 1 hit faster
  2. 0tto

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

anyone bring up lightspeed blocking and shield bubbles?
  3. 0tto

Damage/protection conception: the elephant in the room

Arrows are still pretty silly - their damage only changed by about 1 hit to kill in most cases. Sometimes it did not even change the hits to kill at all.
    yup, chest armors have higher values.
    shot in arm/leg/abdomen can knock 1-2 shots off that dudes graph.
  4. 0tto

Why do you all hate this game?

That being said, I totally agree that this was a very miscalculated early access launch and they probably shouldn't have released that soon, probably could have made more progress since, but hey, we don't know for sure what motivated these decisions (I mean, money obviously, but in detail we don't know) what happened during the development cycle and stuff.
    it was a good beta release, helped with lockdowns.

honestly, i think the lack of balance/features/etc is due to trying to fix the massive, massive, ungodly number of bugs and crashes. if you read the patch notes they dominate every list since release, doubt they were prepared for them but to their credit the game is much more stable and smooth

also, there's a language barrier and Turkey's currently going through massive inflation
  5. 0tto

Why do you all hate this game?

just gonna copy/paste my steam review
    6/10
    i just downgrade from 10 based on major flaws

1. unit balance is non-existent:

armour's basically 2-3 hit ko, no armour's 1-2 hit ko
    arrows ignore armour, from the weakest 0-skill unit to khans guard and fian (last 2 1-shot everyone)

skill progression is... there is none, just perk unlocks. the difference between 50 and 250 is 10%
    some skills are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ insane to level. medicine for example needs 30,000+ casualties for 200, then another 20,000 for 250. i'm not exaggerating... 50,000
    to sum up: everyone is looter.

2. economy is either simple or neurotic meta. there's no in-between
    the AI is not neurotic meta. they're all bankrupt
    (still basically looters) [this is fixed in 1.72]

3. faction interaction with other factions and the clans is non-existent
    they're just bandits or not
    they want 10k/day for truce after i kill em 3:1 and have all the lords prisoner
    break truces in a week
    never-ending merc village raids
    mesui was passed over for 20 fiefs by mochung, is broke, under 100 troops, and has 100 relation with me. refuse to join me
    akit has 3, lots of troops and money, i executed one of their members. joins easy
    (still, basically looters...)

4. there's no growth/progress/soul whatever you want to call it, everything you do is meaningless

take care of a village till it has 100 milita and 800 hearths? merc bro w/ 30 peasants demolish it
    or they'll need 30 horses and want some bandits killed, demolishing themselves
    defeat 5 1000 armies? get ready to do it again just as frequently.
    make best friends with everyone, its a influence discount
    imprison 1/2 a nation? they all escape in a week

Jesus, i can fill a steam forum page with #4...
    the game in its entirety can be summed up in a looter encounter repeated endlessly, the player is also a looter.

it's disappointing. i aint angry or sad about it, just bored

#4 is my biggest gripe, there's no point in doing anything, and no impact to actions. everything gets back to equilibrium almost instantly
  6. 0tto

Thoughts on how to spice up the Khuzaits visual roster

fur trim and tassels on piece ends (NOT PELTS)

vibrant silk colours
  7. 0tto

Issues that remain unadressed by the devs

i think we should stop using the word "immersion"
    its gotten a over-blowing nit-picky stigma attached to it, and the stigma is deserved.

the friendly shields and bodyblocking, it's annoying. the shields invisible 140 degree hit box is a bit game breaking.
    the 1 frame block speed is infuriating, the weapon blocks protect guys ahead of the guy getting hit (swing at 2 dudes aiming for front, guy in rear stops the attack)

put the siege ammo directly behind the siege weapon, ai gets stuck at the left/right placments

force last 3 guys to retreat; to stop bugged enemies from troll-pausing the battle
  8. 0tto

My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

early access's greatest strength is the feedback during development. ignoring it or brushing it aside makes garbage games

i played a multiplayer one a few years back for over a thousand hours, it had huge flaws, from straight up bugs, to tedious tasks.
    the white knight fanboys downplayed everything and the devs took feedback as argument or attacks. the game is played by like 50 people donating money now.
  9. 0tto

Leveling skills is tedious and unbalanced

with default death enabled, everyone should die in a average of 20-50 times falling
    pretty much forces the brother to take over after awhile

i think your guy will get to 180 combat skills and 100-150 non-combat skills while brother would get to 200-250 (prob higher if your good, but **** happens)

while companions will basically be stuck at their recruitment levels

imo the fear of death and new character growth is interesting, you can completely change your build and progress your clan. like merchant -> merc -> bandit -> lord -> scrappy king -> recruiting king -> conquering king

but they'll all die by 200 though, and at 300 be too old for it to matter
    the worst part is the lack of impact the skills have, in my progress example all those guys do everything just as well as the rest, the merchant can fight just as well as a merc and raid like a bandit
  10. 0tto

Hm.. which version of the game is you play on then - I'm on 1.72 beta atm, since it was relased so my memory could be bit foggy about how bad it was on 1.71.
    But I got 2 focus points in medic and same in tactics.
    Governing attributes for the tactics is only 4 while for Medic its only 6.

And both are 150+.
    Basically if I had put in more focus points I would have been much higher, and certainly if I had put more atributes into it.

Those 2 isnt the skills I "struggle" with how slow/tedious or what you want to call it the most though, they still needs to be faster - thats not the issue.

But the superduperslow that you claim to be haveing is crazy much slower than I'm experience.

When I played for abit earlier today I was on another campaign, "still starting out", and in it I had 50 medic and after 4 battles I now have 68.
    Note that in the battles I suffered "heavy losses" cause the other side was outnumbering me heavy, but the AI isnt always the best at strategy at times(or the one I looked up on youtube works very well + peasent army vs my fairly high tiered you do the math)

Basically +18 in a skill after 4 battles with very limited invested in it imo, isnt that bad, hence I'm speculating that we're either on different versions and that its better in 1.72 Beta or if you are also on the same it could be that your bugged somehow.
    yeah using post mortem on my guy's kids, after they take over they can get 5+ tactic levels per battle
    at 140, the leveling drops hard. like walking up a mountian to scaling a vertical cliff sideways

also, i accidentally put a extra 0 in the third line
  11. 0tto

After over 900 hours of playing, I can't recommend this game.

naw, just lockdown & symptom-quarantine
    i have 2k in another game, pretty easy to get 150 hours in every time you cough a bit, or been around someone that coughed, or went on a plane
  12. 0tto

Like legit if your claim is true, and not just bs me - then you got to be bugged.
    There is no way that you can have 125 if you have been the medic for that party unless this is an obsolete patch, and not the current or the beta.
    naw i was in the same boat, won the game, hundreds of fights; medic was 120-150
    it's like 20xp per troop wounded then recovered, vs 12,000 - 15,000 xp needed per level

current campaign; all out cheesed it for a few years with recruit fighting, starving, and bad auto-resolves to 175, 17,000 xp per level...
    now i just cheat 12-24, 37-49, 62-74, and 87-99

after about 300 fights, most outnumbered, tactics is 150. leveling every 10th fight or so
    almost no difference when i fight 10:1 odds

medicine needs work, tactics is ****y

Edit: second line had extra 0
  13. 0tto

Vanilla Armor vs RBM Armor

dude's just arguing for the sake of arguing
    straight up said no to everything
  14. 0tto

But stating that tier 2 ( at Bannerlord difficulty ) is enough to win any fight is maddness.
    yup, this is what we have issue with. it's bland and boring

( using the best bowman in the game from 3 meters to prove that it does indeed takes 2 shots to the nogging to get knocked out in a 52 head armor helmet, you should feel dizzy after just 1 from such a guy at that distance )
    bowmen use "pierce" so they ignore armor regardless of either units quality
    it's not the armour or bow, its the fact that ranged are all 1-3-hit-ko

provide evidence. i'd like to see it

better yet, try yourself.
    you'll see beyond shield, bow, horse, or spear everything else is meaningless
  15. 0tto

i should. 4K hours seems to not have done it
    im serious, there's beyond a doubt no point to upgrade after seeing it
    50-T2 units = 50-T5 units
    the only decisive factor is how useless the guys using spears are

tiers are soo pointless that youtubers joke play looter-only runs and it works
  16. 0tto

SP Native Realistic Battle Mod

hey man, how can i tone down feint spam and 1-frame blocks?

just fought a looter party on foot and they were like little 6-armed Ganesha's in a whirlwind of arm movements.
  17. 0tto

SP Native Realistic Battle Mod

en mass their trample is devastating, but when starting out they were more like support for inf.
    in my current campaign i never went out of my way for cav it just sort of happened. guys died then got replaced, rinse and repeat 20 times and cav eventually made up 2/3 of my party

the way i saw it they were able to survive cause they don't fight as much. you know; the 1min vacation after a single hit (or miss)

when commanding cav i bet everyone fights this behavior more than reacting to the enemy
    the AI on the other hand lets their cav uselessly wander for most of the fight
  18. 0tto

Lyon dude, try fighting with only t2 units in native for awhile and you'll see what we mean

you should see very quickly and clearly tier has no impact at all
    difficulty, tactics, or loosing units is meaningless. it's bland and boring once you notice it

if you don't see it your either in denial or being contrarian

Yes, damage of weapons is like 50-80% skill dependant in RBM (but its not shown in the menu unfortunatelly). Esentially most weapons have like 5-30 base damage (depending on quality) shown as stats omn weapons, piercing damage on melee weapons is shown much lower for AI reasons. Then there is skill based damage, which consists of base damage and skill level damage (this is not shown in the UI). Weapons like swords scale with skill more than lets say maces etc. Also you swing speed, reload speed, couched lance damage, etc will scale much more with your skill than in vanilla
    ahh, bad ui...
    so the ai uses a different skill system? or did you guys balance around the minor increase in damage?
  19. 0tto

Question to the Devs - Why the swing arcs are so long?

If the animation is creating a problem in the gameplay
    shieldwall's can't attack, they hit their friends shields. it's not a 1/5 mistake either, over half their attacks get blocked.
    line formation suffers as well, but not as game breaking

the only weapons that work are <60 length, but the units using them dry swing a lot
  20. 0tto

Have you played some recent version or are you talking from memory about some older version of the mod? Because looter with rusty sword will deal like 50 damage while legionary with same sword will deal 100+ and he will deal it much faster.
    just going off skills in the menu

so it's different for units? only the player gets weak effects?
Back
Top Bottom