Search results for query: *

1. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

OSP Code Combat Overhauled Morale and Routing (Also Reduces Stuttering)

Its been a long time since I worked on this and I think I just forgot to reupload it when i had fixed some of the bugs. I would suggest simply debugging it by adding the template to custom battles and printing the morale values every few seconds. The mordr_form_5_rank thing was just a crappy way to make tighter formations more resistant to morale, it can probably be removed.
  2. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

unless you wanted to go directly to one of the non-English forums, I guess

You answered your own question. Most people don't speak English, including the developers themselves. If you use the forums regularly, use a bookmark. Otherwise the English forums are overpromoted as it is, it would be ridiculous to automatically link to the English language forums for no reason other than that it's the language you speak.
  3. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

The games have some really cool ideas but are all dragged down by something insane. In Gettysburg, cannons are practically invincible, and there's a "hold" button that just makes your units way stronger and the AI never uses it. In Civil War, there is a mindboggling AI scaling system that discourages actually killing the enemy in the campaign. It's like all the issues with darthmod (melee taking too long, poorly designed overall campaign mechanics) amplified to a standalone game.
  4. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Where you stand in the conflict is determined by your political views.

The oldschool "left" and "right" of the western world have mostly disintegrated since the cold war, they're just labels now. There are as many pro israel "rightwingers" as there are anti. Calling someone far right or far left really doesn't mean much beyond how they superficially present themselves. Most of the "extremists" on both sides are just political hobbyists who would have been the polar opposite a few years prior.

I think what really decides your average westerner's stance on these conflicts (which they usually have no stake in or knowledge about) is whether they trust the establishment or not. People in the US have been bombarded with calls to support ukraine and israel as a matter of existential importance, and people who hate the establishment are going to hate israel and ukraine by association.
  5. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

It's like international politics are being performed through Twitter posts, and the messages are intended to be read by the greater audience rather than the country/government to which they are directed.
    Thats what international politics is though, at least from the perspective of a normal person. If governments actually want stuff done they have official back channels to contact each other, even for countries at war.
  6. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Movie Recommendations

To add to that, Ridley Scott's insane contemptuous comments about historical accuracy just baffle me. Nobody is forcing him (I assume) to make this film, but he seems to hate the fact that he had to make it. There was a bit of that in Kingdom of Heaven for example, but in his defense the sources for that are fairly sparse and he got the tone of the period more or less accurately. What's his problem now lol
  7. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Was there ever a truth era?
  8. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Who of the old guard are still around?

I think it was always kind of a fluke website that held on despite the overall decline of forums across the internet. I remember years of speculation from people here that Bannerlord would bring a load of new people for better or worse, but nobody considered that they would all go to Reddit or Discord instead, and then mostly fade away because the game sucks. Anyway the culture here (horny europeans and argumentative americans) is just not compatible with how most people use the internet now.

It probably would have been worse if you just had 10,000 zoomers giving the moderators a headache and giving you bad final memories of this place. People just moved on with their lives on their own accord instead. A peaceful death in sleep rather than dementia.
  9. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

I think you're misunderstanding what sh1ny4 meant by "the standard of mods has increased". He doesn't mean that all mods are better now or whatever. He means that making a mod that looks like the base game is a lot harder now than in 2008 because of how graphics work now. Its so complex to mod for modern games that former modders are just making their own games now.
  10. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Warband didnt come out of nowhere either. It's basically an expansion of the original MnB from c. 2005. Modders had a lot of the same problems back then as well, updates would break mods all the time and there weren't enough tools to make modding easy.
  11. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops More history accurate and believable clan system

Mount and Blade has always had fundamental problems with insane logic in the early game. The campaign makes most sense when you're a Vassal. Everything before that is totally nonsensical. It's really funny how the game is full of "looters" but the only person actually doing any looting (or anything beyond blundering around killing people) is the player.
  12. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

What's on your mind?

I've been thinking about AI the last few hours because yesterday I said something on twitter to intentionally piss off people who have knee-jerk reactions against it and a load of people got really mad. Then I saw this thread in the notifications with your pfp and thought "hahahaha wouldnt it be funny if arvenski was coincidentally also talking about generative AI instead of his ongoing quest to find a farm wife". It's such a ridiculous coincidence that It'll probably take me days to fully process. Either I'm clairvoyant or the CIA has finally penetrated my tinfoil hat.

Ive used AI a bit to help with game development or just to have fun with. If you know what its limitations are, it can save hours of repetitive tasks. For instance I'm fairly good at 3D animation but it's an immensely tedious slog. I hate doing it. But a fairly obscure russian AI animation software called Cascadeur has been out since 2017 or something, and it boils the task down to stuff where human skill is actually required, and then all the bouncy physics stuff is handled by the AI. This is something like a 50x productivity increase that allows even solo developers like me to make hundreds of professional animations in a short amount of time.
    I've also used AI to make face textures from a combination of drawings and photos. I can definitely do it manually but the process is tedious and requires a lot of trial and error.
    I used AI to upscale a digital drawing I started too small. Besides a few artefacts it looks exactly the way I would have painted it if I had started it at a decent resolution, saving me pretty much an entire day of work.

I also put an easter egg on my website where if you mouseover some icons for long enough they start to animate. One of them is generated from one of my drawings and a gif of Abigail Shapiro. :lol: It looks janky (in part because my own drawing had some unsightly asymmetry) Ibut this was really amazing at the time (i.e. barely 4 years ago). The fact that it materialises an ear and the teeth out of nothing in the original image was a real shock to me. I've been following AI for ages but it had always been a novelty with no practicality outside google or facebook using it to recognise features in images.
    image_icon_shap.gif
    ffe.gif
  13. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

I figured out it was a flash player compatiblity plugin for chrome and firefox I had installed. I disabled it and now it works.
  14. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Who of the old guard are still around?

Have anyone resurrected the weekly art competition tradition?

Nope, I think the last time it died most of the artists had already started to leave. There was an art challenge on the modding discord in 2021 I think but nothing else beyond that.
  15. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Just tried it and it seems to be an issue with Chrome and occasionally firefox, since it works on Edge with and without VPN on my laptop. Very weird.
  16. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

"Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

Nothing is going to change, because consumers are not going to change.

That's clearly wrong though, because preorders and microtransactions and loot boxes didn't always exist, and when introduced most people hated them, and that was barely 10 years ago. The average consoooomer follows the industry and the industry follows the most successful games.

A game that sells a lot absolutely does make publishers and developers change what they're doing, but nobody outside those companies sees the effect for years. We'll probably see a handful of really high budget baldurs gate type games in a few years, just like how some of the fortnite clone games came out a couple of years ago.
  17. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Last couple of months the cloudflare protections has been locking me out regardless of how long i wait. I can only access it sometimes on my phone and only if I turn the VPN off. Bear in mind that I've been in China for a year but it's never been an issue until recently. Dunno if it's something you can feasibly fix, just making you aware.
  18. Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James

Dear developers the engine looks outdated.

The "engine" is just a jargon term for low level code. I don't know where this idea comes from that they "make" an engine before starting the game and then it never changes.

The engine is fine, these are mostly issues with the assets that have been gradually fixed (and sometimes broken) since release.
Back
Top Bottom