Search results for query: *

1. HokieBT

SP Sci-Fi SWC: The New Order Edition

Hey, I just wanted to say this looks great and I fully support this effort! I think it's great that people are still interested in SWC almost 10+ years after the initial release.  It definitely could not have come as far as it has without support from the community and a ton of work from people like Swyter, Vector, and many more over the years.  So I'm excited to see what you and others can do with it. I'll definitely have to install M&B again and check it out, hopefully soon!
  2. HokieBT

Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Reilnur said:
    Awesome work, Swyter. Any chance of a non-Steam release, though?

Yeah, I believe Swyter is planning on it, but Steam is going to be used for beta testing to work out the major bugs, etc.

Mentioned in the FAQ here
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/742671195/352792037318809631/

Swyter explaining his reason, which I completely agree with
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/50kdzi/installing_star_wars_conquest_without_steam/d76jezj?context=3

Link to the Steam page for Star Wars Conquest on M&B Warband
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742671195

EDIT:  Swyter created a separate download today, please read here for more:
    https://swconquest.github.io
  3. HokieBT

Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

kabogh - I'm not very active anymore, but I was just checking in and wanted to say thanks for helping troubleshoot the last few years!
  4. HokieBT

lol, thanks for posting that.  I had read it before, but forgot how awesome that quote was and thought it deserved a place in my signature.  :smile:
  5. HokieBT

dinnerblaster said:
    Just to let you guys know that in the latest issue of Finland's largest gaming magazine, Pelit, this mod got two page long review/article. The review was very positive, the writer praised the mod's detail, full use of M&B-engine's capabilities and its genuine Star Wars feel. His only real complaint was the halt of the mod's progress, and even that was more of a sad note than actual critisism.

So, there you have it. More rightfully deserved glory and honour for the team :grin:

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, it was VERY nice to hear.  If you happen to see a digital copy please post a link, I'd be curious to try and read a google translation of it.  :smile:

Anyway, I know I, Swyter, and MANY others spent a LOT of time working on this mod, so its nice to hear the work was appreciated.  I and others felt we left it in a decent state, but it is disappointing that we weren't able to continue it going and improve it further.  I know the issue with me personally was just a problem with real life taking priority and I didn't have time for games anymore.  Anyway, I do periodically continue to check into the forum, youtube, moddb, and other sources, and I do appreciate the interest and reading the posts/videos. Thanks to all that supported this mod over the years, it was a lot of fun to work on!
  6. HokieBT

LSP Sci-Fi 3D Art Clothing - jackets, vests, and boots

updated download link in the first post to be
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1118
  7. HokieBT

QuailLover said:

Interesting, thank you for posting that!  Although I'm not very active, I find it nice to see articles like this, YouTube video's, and posts here or on moddb showing people are still enjoying SWC.  I, Swyter, and many others put a lot of time and effort into it, so it's nice to see these.
  8. HokieBT

Just wanted to share my thoughts so far with everybody.  I haven't had a lot of time to play the latest version, but I have to say I'm very impressed with what I've seen.  There seems to be major upgrades to most of the graphics / scenes and lots of tweaks to help with performance and overall gameplay.  I know what it takes to work on a mod and I can tell a lot of effort went into this latest version.  The details in many scenes are awesome and some of the graphics I've seen I didn't even realize were possible!  I've spent the majority of my time so far just wandering from planet to play checking out the different scenes with an occasional fight along the way. I've had a few small issues, but in my opinion this is a big improvement over the last release, so congratulations to Swyer, Vector, and everybody else who worked on it!

Anyway, I'd strongly recommend anybody who is interested to check out the latest version of SWC
    MOD DB Page - http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest
    Download - http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/downloads/swc094pre

Some random pictures I took are below.  The ones on Moddb are a lot better, but I just wanted to demonstrate how much this has changed since the last release and it really feels like a full star wars universe now.

9. HokieBT

I'm not active anymore, but I just wanted to let everybody know that a new preview version was posted on ModDB.  Check out some of the recent screenshots if you get a chance (very impressive) and download the latest version (which I'm doing now).  Please report any bugs on their issue tracker which is linked in their post.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest

May the Force be with you!
  10. HokieBT

UpdateModuleParties v1.1 - update module_parties.py after using Map Editor

FYI - The download link was bad, so I fixed it on the first page.  No clue if this program is still necessary or works with the latest versions of M&B, but I wanted to update it in case somebody was looking for it.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=884
  11. HokieBT

seoman of earthsea said:
    slesher said:
    I'm having a serious problem with this editor all of the sudden.  I reconstructed the entire troop tree, and while doing so I have tested it a few times, and it worked fine.  Now, however, for whatever reason, it won't save the troops.txt file at all.  Somehow half of my work got undone. When I open the txt file directly, it appears how it did before I modified it- none of my progress is there.  But opening it in troop editor, it is all still there.  When I save, it says it was saved, but nothing in the file changes. This doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like its just not overwriting the file as it should be?

I am having this issue as well. Made small changes which are not showing up in-game. I believe there is a bug. I wish Hokie would have updated this to the latest version before peacing out. Although someone interested in updating this has access to source code.

A year or so ago people reported an issue similar to this and I added the following note on the first page:

Windows Vista - Several users have had issues trying to use the unofficial editors (and mods in general) with the Windows Vista operating system. I do not have Vista but most likely you will need to start this editor with Admin rights or it will prevent you from modifying text files.  I believe this functionality is a security feature called VirtualStore that primarily protects the C:\Program Files\ folder so I think problems installing mods or using editors in Vista is most common for people who have the game installed into that directory.  Apparently you can find the files under the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\" folder or some people have re-installed M&B into a different directory and found that this worked as well.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you and haven't tried this editor on any of the recent versions of M&B, but its possible this issue is related to an operating system problem or workflow.  Unfortunately I don't have free time to work on this anymore, but possibly the note above will help or somebody will make use of the source code I posted.  Good luck!
  12. HokieBT

Freakwave said:
    Really looking forward to the release. Been holding off playing and checking regularly if its out yet.

I'm not active anymore, but I do have access to the beta version that is under development.  I just wanted to say that Swyter and the rest of the team are doing a great job from what I have seen.  Models & scenes have been significantly improved, a lot of my coding issues have been resolved, and in general the version seemed much more 'polished'.  So I just wanted to make a general statement that the team is busy, in real life and working on this mod, but this isn't dead and the changes should significantly improve the last release.  go hokies, go star wars conquest!  :smile:
  13. HokieBT

Note, for anybody trying to use this tool.  It worked on M&B Native and M&B Warband the last time I tried it, but that was months ago.  I don't have time to maintain this anymore in the future so I don't know if its compatible with recent versions of M&B: WFaS, but hopefully it is.  If not, then there are some links to alternative programs or the source code on the first page, and maybe somebody can update it.  good luck!
  14. HokieBT

CrowX2M said:
    Nice to see this didn't die..of course I remember it being called Star Wars: Calridia if I'm not mistaken :p

Hehe.  Technically, "Star Wars Mercenaries" was first, then "Star Wars Calradia", then "Star Wars Conquest".  :smile:

Anyway, I'm busy in real life so no longer an active participator, but Swyter and the rest of the team are still working on a new version.  I've access to the beta version and from what I have seen its VERY impressive, so continue to watch for updates of this in the future.  Anyway, they primarily use and post updates on moddb.com, so I'd recommend anybody interested in this mod check out the screenshots, video's, and other info on the page below.  My understanding is the next version will be for M&B Native, and then they will work on M&B Warband.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/

For example, here are some random screenshots they have posted on moddb over the last 6+ months:

taris2.png

Yavin.png

super_pres_1.JPG

super_pres_2.1.JPG

pres_nal_hutta_space.JPG

pres_taris.JPG
  15. HokieBT

Warband 1.134

hmm, I haven't looked at modding M&B in a long time but those sound like some cool commands, good luck to everybody!  Now if they only fixed the limit for the number of races I'd really be happy.  hehe
  16. HokieBT

OSP Code Combat [WIP] Auto-Firing weapons mod

just watched some of the latest videos, this is very cool, nice work!
  17. HokieBT

FYI - k0nr@d has a very cool Excel based text file editor, people may want to check out this as well.
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117997.0.html
  18. HokieBT

SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

hey guys, I just wanted to say good luck with this mod.  I no longer have time for M&B modding, but the original ASOIAF mod was the reason I got into M&B and it really is the perfect game engine for this, so I always hoped their would be an updated version one day.  good luck!
  19. HokieBT

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Gondor troops preview

congrats guys, these screenshots look great, nice work!
Back
Top Bottom