Search results for query: *

1. Oosten

Are dedicated Servers still planned for full release?

Hello! I'm just wondering if there have been any update on the release of dedicated server files. I had asked on launce day of the beta and was told by the devs that they would available with the full release of the game within a year. Its been almost 2 years now. Thanks!
  2. Oosten

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

cRPG, FI2, and Mercs and the occational NW was probably about 99% of my couple thousand hours of game time, so I'm as frustrated as anyone loving MP mods. And I'm definitely not the only one.

Honestly I'm pretty sure having custom servers would without doubt attract many of the huge MP population from Warband to Bannerlord. The most terrible thing about not having custom servers is that MP modders can't even begin making the mods (which in some cases will take a huge amount of time) before we get those custom servers.
    We have absolutely no idea when we *might* be getting those.
    When EA ends (which is at some unknown point ?‍♂️)? 1 year after release? Soon™? Hopefully sooner since it's apparent what the MP mods and even Native custom servers and their communities did for Warband. The biggest mods in MP would attract hundreds of disillusioned Warband vets into Bannerlord straight off the bat.
    If we get the custom servers maybe 1 or 2 years from now, we will get the bigger mods in 3. It's rediculous that the MP mod community are forced to just sit here not knowing whether we will have those mods some day in the next decade or not.
    Honestly, just having organized shield battle events on native Bannerlord would bring back a huge amount of players. The moment Bannerlord Dedicated servers are supported I know that my group is putting down all the old games just as Warband, NW, Holdfast, etc... and moving full time to Bannerlord. I would Imagine there are others as well.
  3. Oosten

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Has there been any update on an ETA for support for dedicated servers recently? I apologize if this has been answered already, I've been out of the loop for a while.
  4. Oosten

My view of the MP as an Alpha tester.

The point people keep making about there being a lack of customization on Bannerlord compared to Warband is completely overblown. Once the metas were established in Warband, nobody deviated from them anyway up until the game died. The variety came from CRPG and mercs. Ive been around since Warband beta and by and large, the community has been toxic, completely uncooperative, adverse to any sort of change and half of them resorted to cheating anyway, I dont blame the devs for lumping everyone together and not wanting to listen when the community has shown that they cant self regulate - Bradley

That being said, customization isn't just the load outs people take. Most people when they complain about customization are talking about the lack of it in regards to making your character unique. This includes more diversity when it comes to the armor types (helmets, mail, plate, leather, etc...), all of the different banners that could be used for your coat of arms, colors, different types of shields, etc...

We should be able to customize our characters in a similar fashion that we're able to in SP even if that means the class system stays the same. We don't have to completely cut out the new system or vice versa, there should be at least some sort of happy median between the two.
  5. Oosten

MP These are the real issues with the class system.

These threads of mine will not stop until a developer or Callum acknowledges that they know people are not happy with MP, and steps are being taken to correct the mistakes.
    +1 Agreed, the squeaky wheel gets the grease
  6. Oosten

There really isn't a point to have a clan in MP at the moment

you look like a huge dork
    C'mon man, that's not constructive at all
  7. Oosten

RCC Has had as many as 3 6 man queues going at the same time. Having no dedicated servers or map editor makes no sense from a developer, business or gameplay perspective.
    Exactly
  8. Oosten

We need dedicated servers or at least a way to party up with more than 6 people otherwise there is a very little reason in having a clan in this game. I understand that it's early access but there is absolutely no incentive for clans to play together which is what made Warband multiplayer so...
  9. Oosten

The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Agreed however 1k hours in this game is nothing.

I think the most i know is 14k hours (what a nerd)
    Humble Brag/s
  10. Oosten

Balancing Multiplayer. PLEASE READ

This I think showcases how bad the current class system is in comparison to the old Warband system
  11. Oosten

+1 bumping aswell
  12. Oosten

I am shocked by the lack of battle and duel. It took me a while to realize they were gone. What the actual ****. Why? Battles were the core gamemode alongside sieges.

I can't have Bannerlord without special events with 200+ people and one life gamemodes. It is heresy. This should be simple to add.

While besides this I absolutely love everything bannerlord IS, I have to agree so much with what a step down removing the part of MP that allowed you to gear up for money. Here are the reasons why:

- All classes can be obtained with the very minimum of effort, making better ones feel less rewarding. Warband used to have armors "locked out" and available only to those very best who succeeded. Sporting those armors would make you feel rewarded, special, and stronger. It rewarded doing well and created the dynamic of essentially having a new class tier/gameplay style for those who could afford better weapons and armor. It would further be rewarding psychologically, because you sported an armor someone who hasn't performed so well didn't, and you could feel special and cool because of it.

- The gear system added variety was a HUGE factor for replayability. You could mix and match tons of armors and weapons, and if one combination got a little old, you let it rest for a while and experimented with something else. There were always weird weapons like maces, hammers, weird voulges and sickles that played differently and were unpopular. Playing with any one of these added a fresh experience. Let us not forget a very important factor, being that everyone looked unique. Everyone had their own preferred style, combination and kit, and you could always run into people who had something new. It almost felt like a little contained MMORPG in that sense. Yes, the nakeds were a problem, but this could easily be avoided by simply enforcing minimum armor. People could also choose not to have a helmet, so that their unique or freakish face would stand out. Its how legends were made and known.

- All of this added novelty and longevity, as well as a contained sense of progression. You could always measure your progress in money, and then buy whatever you want within a class. That made the system unique and what's more, it made it more balanced. A counter could always be picked for anything.

But what this ultimately achieves is people retaining interest for a much longer time, because there is always something new to try and see. Much less so with the current system we have.

Please TaleWorlds, this is what set you apart from generic class based multiplayer games. Do not forsake your roots.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Very well said.
  13. Oosten

Does anyone else get the feeling the game isn't finished yet?

They literally said it wasn't finished.
  14. Oosten

One thing I noticed as well with this multiplayer that it's very counter intuitive to groups of people who play together or want to play together. A bunch of my buddies and I hopped on siege and we couldn't figure out who was who plus the chaotic spawns and it really killed the teamwork vibe, which for myself and many others is an integral part of the Mount and Blade multiplayer. The MP right now is sadly very disappointing and I know this is Early Access but it seems like the MP side of the game has regressed since Warband. Here's to hoping it gets better.
  15. Oosten

A list of things they need to add to mutiplayer

Definitely would like to have some freedom to customize our classes in match like Warband. It added a lot of freedom and charm to the game.
  16. Oosten

Resolved game doesn't run well when laptop isn't connected to power

That's more than likely a setting option in your PC settings. Laptops by default usually have it set to where it limits to 30fps to save power when not connected to power. Go to your windows setting and look for power settings, you should find the option to switch it there.
  17. Oosten

Bannerlord Multiplayer Performance

Its not like 95-120 frames is bad lol
  18. Oosten

MP Suggestion: Replace the class system with something that's actually fun.

I have to agree with this, the MP just doesn't have the charm.
  19. Oosten

who is waiting ???

I remember the day it was announced, I was with the boys in a line battle on NW. It feels soooooo good to finally see it coming to fruition.
Back
Top Bottom