Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Blue texture in Pen Cannoc during Winter

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Thank you :smile:
  2. Resolved Blue texture in Pen Cannoc during Winter

Summary: Pen Cannoc has blue textures on random parts of the city during the winter. This has been reported before for Dunglanys, but it was also present in this city apparently. This happens during sieges in the winter as well. I've already disabled all mods and reinstalled all textures +...
  3. About 1.8.0 update

Hopefully after they fix the defection bug amongst others :razz:
  4. Why am I ending up with a bunch of Fians in my army?

Sexiest army:
    Cataphracts and Banner knights = sexy flankers to kill disgusting enemy cavalry.
    Legionaries and sturgian heavy axemen = lines of sexy men to hold off against disgusting peasants.
    Fian champions = Sexy men go BRRRRRR
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

A great patch for modders, especially when it comes to TC mods. Finally we can have custom races :grin:
    The unit armor changes are interesting, but I don't know how much it'll actually make in terms of actual gameplay.
    Bug fixes? Always needed and beloved.
    The AI changes for the campaign map is always welcomed,naturally.
    Prisoner interactions? Keep coming with those diplomacy options! But great so far :smile:

Though saddened to see no new scenes, banner system and especially with the lack of claimant questlines. Personally would've loved the long awaited claimant system with even a civil war mechanic (Would love it even more if civil wars were Dynamic).
  6. Resolved Crash when clicking on mule in predeployment.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
    More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
    Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.
    I did see it, but didn't send it at first. Good luck that since it's really easy crash to replicate, I did it just now and here is the crash ID for it.
    2021-12-16_15.23.28_60b6d0e347e3808bdc60234bd1dd2475
  7. Resolved Crash when clicking on mule in predeployment.

Summary: I was playing earlier and noticed I crashed a few times during the caravan battles during predeployment. Then I noticed a pattern that it only crashed when I clicked certain places and through testing I found out it's an interaction with the pack mules. How to Reproduce: Go into a...
  8. Another definitive poll?:Do you like bannerlord?

Do I like Bannerlord? Yes.

Do I like it as it is now? No. It still needs some time in the oven.
  9. Definitive Post: The game has gotten 'better', but not more 'enjoyable' since release

It seems that there is very often a disagreement on the forum about the state of the game, so let's put it to bed.

We are all on the same team but there is a distinction to be made about the game playing well and playing enjoyably.

Without a doubt, TW has quashed bugs, increased performance, and generally delivered a more stable game over the last year - I know, I have over 500 hours in game.

BUT, the game is NO MORE ENJOYABLE THAN IT WAS AT RELEASE.​

This is why I have stopped playing, this is why I am frustrated, and this is likely why many others are as well.

To clarify - the game is not enjoyable, especially not without mods (the modders have made the game bearable).

There is a vast difference between repetitive, shallow gameplay that 'works' and varied, deep gameplay that 'rewards'.

Bannerlord IS NOT the latter.

Having said that, please feel free to respond - but more than anything, please keep this in mind when debating on the forum - we are stronger together, so let's compare apples to apples when we discuss the state of the game, and TW's progress.
    What I've seen as a trend on these forums is that people complain more for the sake of complaining rather than actual constructive feedback.

Managing to get 100-200 especially 200+ hours on a game is an amazing feat in its own right and I think the reason why people are so upset on the forums is that after those 100-200 hours people start craving for more.

Sieges are broken, and wonky at the best of times. Stuff from Warband is missing. Patches are rather slow to come out. Combat AI even on the hardest difficulty is still wonky at times. There are a good number of issues.

But despite all that, I've still personally enjoyed my nearly 100 hours in the game and I still find myself wanting to play when I get the time. If you look at the player numbers too, they have been stable if not increasing since July.

We all want a better Bannerlord, and I think Taleworlds is slowly getting there. It's 100% better than the launch I spent 30 hours onat the very least :smile:
  10. I actually love the new Vlandian city scene

Yes, thats something i dont understand, even with a moved city and probably population it makes no sense why they would move into northern area of the map.
    The only explanation was that the nords was like "They used to have a city named this. Lets just take it and use it ourselves"
    Sadly Sargot was originally planned to be on the coast, but they messed up when it came to placing it.
  11. I actually love the new Vlandian city scene

I feel the dev is finally heading to the right direction. Vlandian cities used to be always feels out of place, they looks like high/late medievat towns while others were more like early or dark age. Now the new vlandian settlements finally looks not so out of place.
    I feel sad about Sargot not being moved. But since both the city in Warband and Bannerlord are made out of wood, I guess an arguement about the old Sargot burning down and Sargoth being made by the Nords could be made.
  12. siege ai

On the list for a year you mean. This is one of those things that is a huge bugbear for me, so I'm well beyond impatient more like pissed off.
    It was just put on a the list of features they're gonna focus on.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Dear Lune,

First of all - everything that you put out in public, you test it, not like nitty gritty detailed testing, but at least big things, that's a good practice.

Second - Steam also allows closed betas, thus anything that is put forward as an open Beta can be tested before you make it a public beta. So saying that Steam build is at fault is a weak excuse.

Third - playing game is not really testing, its wannabe testing. Most players don't report anything and those that do mostly report known bugs (or just their opinion of HOW game should be), but its better than nothing, sure.

But you can't do wannabe testing if the game doesn't work. Hope they'll have a good old retrospective after this is over to figure out what went wrong.
    1. That's what I was refering to in the first place.

2. When did I ever say that it was the Steams fault? Or are you refering to someones else comment right now? I just said that it's a betas job to be tested, even if it doesn't work.

3. It is by the very definition that you're playing the beta version. When playing the beta version in my opinion, you're obligated to report any bugs you find. If you were playing a release build I would say "Report the bug if it's gamebreaking or a big annoyance to you".
    I would say you are an imbecile but I don't want a warning.
    "Inappropriate language".
    Seems like you failed on that front mate.

I spent many years testing various custom maps for Warcraft 3 that involved a lot of triggers and triggers that would only work if certain trigger conditions were met. I remember playing Alpha/Beta versions where if you did certain things, your game would crash and having to then spend hours of finding out the reason on why it suddenly crashed. Because of that past experience...If you play a beta version of a game and you're like "I'm not having fun. Fix your game" instead of "This caused the game to crash/glitch out. I better report it and find out what other thing causes issues". Then you shouldn't play any beta version of any game/mod in my opinion :/
  14. AI armies rush sieges, attack with no towers or rams built

On 1.5.7, since a few days, I see armies attack without towers nor rams nor any siege weapons built. Also, another new problem is troops climb on towers but then stop midway.

A youtuber that goes by STAN games has made an interesting remark in a video: just replace ladder towers with ramps until ladders are fixed.
    The siege tower ladders being borked is a very well known issue and has been since EA started. Hopefully they'll soon fix the pathfinding for them soon :smile:
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

No, it's not what beta branches are for. Beta branches are testing and finding bugs. 1.5.8 is an unplayable pile of **** that most people are not testing. Calling something a beta doesn't let a company off the hook for recurring, complete ineptitude.
    If no one is tests it, then how will the bugs in 1.5.8 ever get fixed before the patch launches?

He is also correct. Betas are meant to be tested for bugs like these, even unplayable betas are meant to be tested so that the developers that can what's causing the issues.

Thirdly. You're playing an Early Access game that allows it's players to participate in the beta building of their next patch. These beta patches aren't meant "To be enjoyed", but to be tested :smile:
  16. I'm dissapointed

You people are so weird.
    Dude is clearly joking and you are still trying to defend the game with EA argument :lol:
    I feel like some cultures just don't get sarcasm at all...
    This should be number 1 priority!
    You can't call it mount&blade without less talking and more raiding!

(I'm just kidding btw)
    When you're on forums like these, you kind of forget that some people like to joke about stuff like this. I've seen post like these being 100% serious more than once. This time it flew right over my head because of set past experiences on forums like these xD

My apologies.

P.S. I'm Danish. Sarcasm is a part of my culture :razz:
  17. I'm dissapointed

Just got bannerlord and what's my surprise.
    Sea raiders don't say "less talking more raiding" I mean, I get that it's early access but I expected at least this.
    Maybe it's a bug?
    My player said it once at the start but I don't feel it's the same..
    The EA literally states.
    "The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages."

How can you be disappointed over something they warned you about? Like...What?
  18. Making the factions feel unique

Aside from the 3 Empire factions, I think each faction does feel pretty unique already, at least a far as battles are concerned.

As for the 3 Empire factions, honestly it has always felt lazy to me. It would have been OK if each of the 3 factions was unique for example, Western Empire's government is obviously a Military Dictatorship, while the Southern Empire is obviously an Aristocracy and the Northern Empire is Oligarchy controlled by the Senate. It would have been nice if they would have took the time to have their troop trees reflect the differences at least a bit.
    Maybe their noble line, but the standard soldier shouldn't be different per imperial faction due to the civil war not having lasted for too long. Look at the Roman civil war between Pompey and Caesar for example. If you took a pompeian legion from Italy and a caesarion one, they would both have pretty much the same weapons and fighting style as eachother.

I'm curious to hear everyone's ideas on how to make the factions play unique. Something beyond a single flat numerical bonus and different troops to add variety depending upon your faction.
    Just spitballing, but reading through the lore of the world, these ideas came to my mind:
    Empire
    • The three imperial factions should be a playthrough of political intrigue. Open conflict between the three factions should be rare. Lords of the imperial factions should be scheming to draw other lords to their side internally while fending off assaults from the nonimperial factions.
    • The empire has a history of bribes and assassinations. Bribes should change hands often (perhaps through a criminal quest) so that lords flip flop between the three factions often. Political maneuvering and changing alliances should be rampant and the borders between the three factions should be fluid. Similarly building influence with powerful gang leaders should unlock assassination quests against pesky lords who are present in the city.
    • Increased influence and clan rank from engaging in political intrigue. Should be able to spend influence on getting other lords to vote on certain issues. Bonus to tactics against parties of nonimperial culture. More "senate-like" voting system. Your initial goal should be to reconcile the schism.
    Vlandian
    • Clans should be very independent. Clans should be able to take out mercenary work with other kingdoms in keeping with their historical tradition as long as they answer the call when the king goes to war.
    • Renown and influence gain increases for winning tourneys and mercenary work. Lords can challenge other lords to single combat to improve their standing within the kingdom. Spar with local "champions" in villages to improve recruiting.
    • Extra companion slots to function as an "honor guard". Can demand fiefs in payment for mercenary work. Initial goal is to win tourneys and get rich through the wars of others.
    Battanian
    • Traveling the Battanian forests should be dangerous for other factions. Hill Forts spawn akin to bandit hideouts where Battanian lords can rest and send out troops to conduct guerilla warfare, springing up out of the woods to harass enemy parties and inflict damage before retreating back into the woods.
    • Clans should be independent and renown/influence gains should come from guerilla attacks and raids. Ability to conduct night raids against enemy camps and settlements, stealing supplies, sabotaging siege engines, and inflicting casualties.
    • Battanians should have expanded disguise options for generally causing mayhem under the guise of another factions party.
    Sturgian
    • Settlement economies should be boom and bust, rising and falling like the tides. Villages can have "rushes" where resources and troops are greatly expanded. Sturgian lords should gather trade goods like fur while traveling through their lands as well as have the opportunity to forage for food or more lucrative goods.
    • Infighting among Sturgian lords to increase their standing within the kingdom should be commonplace. Increased renown and influence gain from trading and battle.
    • The Sturgian winter should be a huge roadblock for non-Sturgian troops allowing Sturgian lords to starve and outlast enemy parties during the winter months.
    Aserai
    • A faction of financial warfare. Increased workshop/caravan limit. Influence and renown gain heavily influenced by workshop and caravan income. The clan with the highest workshop/caravan income rules the Aserai.
    • Wage financial warfare by raiding other caravans (even those of other Aserai lords), using influence and money to manipulate markets in towns and villages. Expanded options of purchasing mercenary troops and companies.
    • Ability to unlock loan sharking quests through powerful gang leaders so that you can use your money to finance other lords and merchants and use their debts to manipulate them into wars or other situations to your benefit. Insert moles or agents into caravans or workshops of other lords to create market manipulations or work stoppages.
    • Use financial warfare to plant the seeds of uprising in other settlements. Your initial goal is the accumulation of wealth and power to rise up the ranks of the kingdom.
    Khuzait
    • Most Khuzait settlements should revert to imperial culture and function by paying healthy tribute to the Khuzait lords. Khuzait troops are recruited from nomadic parties on the map which essentially function as mobile villages. Over time these nomadic parties will settle in Khuzait owned settlements, changing the culture from Imperial to Khuzait.
    • Ability to force settlements and villages to pay tribute to you. If your reputation is enough to be feared, the settlements will pay this tribute routinely with no battle required, simply visit the settlement to reap your rewards. Payment can be in goods, gold, or troops.
    • Ability to raid and force tribute outside of war at the risk of losing relations with the Khuzait lords who favor the current Khan while gaining relations with those that do not.
    • Increased renown/influence gain from selling loot and ransoming prisoners from raids and collecting tribute from settlements. Your initial goal as a Khuzait lord or Khan would be to settle the remaining nomadic tribes.
    Just a few ideas I had while reading through the lore. Hopefully it sparks some ideas and discussion to make the sandbox have a little more variety.
    While I do feel that each faction does feel unique in terms of clothing, names, troops and architecture. I do agree that politically they're all very similar. I will say though that adding "Political differences" between the various kingdoms is the least on their to do list since we're still waiting for keep battles, prisoner escapes, new city/castle scenes, AI fixes to siege towers and way more.
  19. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

I hope to see the patch 1.6.0 as the realesd game. And let the modders do the rest.
    1. They can always continue working on the game post launch? You do know that right?
    2. Why the hell would you release a game that's still lacking features? The only thing you'll draw is the ire of angry customers. At least with the early access label they can say "We're working on it".
    3. Modders sometimes do exceptional work. But letting the modders finish the remaining 20-30% of the game or so that's missing is just cruel.
  20. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

• Siege AI & Formation Improvements
    HUZZAH!
Back
Top Bottom