Search results for query: *

1. Captain_Fozzington

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

dinnerblaster said:
    ... Napoleon appreciated prophet Muhammad way over the Pope.

Isn’t this widely considered to be a gross misconception?

Christian Cherfils’ publication Bonaparte et L’Islam, one of the primary sources of this Internet fallacy, is widely considered to be revisionary drivel. Take, for example, the following passage:

“The Battle of Waterloo was the result of his abolishing interest, and getting the French Sanhedrin, under Rabbi David Sindzsheim, to agree to its abolition. This went down like a lead balloon in the banking houses of Rothschild, and Wellington, Rothschild's agent, was dispatched to prevent a new exodus of slaves. Napoleon had recognised the superiority of Islam, which can be seen in his 'Code Napoleon', the present system of law in France, which, with the exception of family law, is entirely Islamic. And why, one British judge said that: 'In France they have courts of Justice, whilst we must contend with courts of law'."

Wow, would you look at those anti-semitic undertones!

Furthermore, General Dominique Martin Dupuy’s testimony on the situation:
    “Nous trompons les Égyptiens par notre simili attachement à leur religion, à laquelle Bonaparte et nous ne croyons pas plus qu'à celle de Pie le défunt.” // "We are fooling Egyptians with our pretended interest for their religion; neither Bonaparte nor we believe in this religion more than we did in Pius the Defunct's one.” (so recounted Jacques Bainville)

But I’m probably wrong. I’m sure Lincoln was also a vehement transvestite, and Louis XIV’s anal fistula was a shrewd concealment of the removal of a broken lizard-alien probe from his arse...
  2. Captain_Fozzington

the great said:
    Docm30 said:
    mike56 said:
    This would mean that docm30 lied us with the trailer...  :sad:

That's a bull**** statement and one that's highly unlikely to encourage me to make good on any supposed promises.

To all interested, the mod will not be released in 2013. I was going to take the time to explain why it won't be and why I thought that it would be, but after several pages of spam (some of it unduly negative towards myself and others) I don't feel particularly inclined. Suffice it to say that I have every right to delay (though not releasing what is un-releasable is hardly delaying it) the mod for any amount of time and for any reasons I so please and that I can imagine no situation in which anyone else has the right to criticise me for it.

Imo opinion i think you were the one bull****ting everyone by saying the mod would be released in 2013 thereby getting everyone's hopes up and not only that but you couldnt give your fans the common courtesy to tell them that it wouldn't be ready before new years and would be released it 2014/15 because you must have known that it wouldn't be ready in time for months but still you let your fans think they would be playing before the year was out. So you can shut your hole you selfish bastard.

ps Here mate you'r a Gobbler

1. In response to the following idiocy...
    the great said:
    you couldnt give your fans the common courtesy to tell them that it wouldn't be ready before new years
    I present to you a sentence from the very post you were assaulting:
    Docm30 said:
    I was going to take the time to explain why it won't be and why I thought that it would be, but after several pages of spam (some of it unduly negative towards myself and others) I don't feel particularly inclined.
    Now, I'm not sure if you're really that ignorant, or just simply illiterate, but it appears that you have failed to read Docm30's post... He clearly stated that he was going to supply us all with an update on the release date, but the asinine behavior of those such as yourself persuaded him not to.

the great said:
    So you can shut your hole you selfish bastard.

Selfish bastard? Are you kidding me? Docm30 is doing this for not only our eventual enjoyment, but his own as well. You're not entitled to this mod.
  3. Captain_Fozzington

koach2 said:
    Behold Boney:

img_0441.jpg

Now THAT is a man!

Also, brilliant work as always with those buildings, Docm30!
  4. Captain_Fozzington

Prokopis_Efstratios said:
    By saying "funny" I mean entertaining and more realistic.

I think you might be looking for the term "fun", simply. By saying that such a feature would make the game more fun, not funny, your sentence would make more sense. Funny has but one meaning: "Causing laughter or amusement; humorous."

I think most of us understood you, though, especially with that explanation. And I do agree with you; rebellious factions are always fun, and rebelling against the Ottomans would be very enjoyable indeed. However, adding such factions may just be considered unnecessary work by Docm30.

*Edit* Ninja'd.  :neutral: 
  5. Captain_Fozzington

That scene is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in video gaming, Docm30. Not just because of the unparallelled quality, but because of the subject matter and the devotion to this mod that can clearly be seen. As always, bravo!

kpetschulat said:
    Wait, is it Schubert?

Schubert was 12 in 1809 so I don't think either of these gentlemen are him. He also would be horribly incomplete without his eyeglasses.
  6. Captain_Fozzington

I'm not trying to attack him, but this "silentdeath838" fellow seems too pedantic for his age and apparent knowledge (and grammatical abilities)... Everything he writes about the Duchy of Warsaw seems to just be a spattering of facts about Poland over a few hundred years crudely applied to the Napoleonic Wars. The comment about the Swedish was really the icing on the cake.

All that aside, however, what country has high school exams in August?

Austupaio said:
    I hate to be a **** about it, most of this thread is a handful of people constantly nit-picking every poster for etiquette but the OP isn't that long. It takes maybe 10 minutes to read it.

Less than five, honestly.

Also, how has nobody raged over this yet:
    silentdeath838 said:
    Actually no I did not. But I am trying to add some historical background to it.

I actually laughed at this a little bit.
  7. Captain_Fozzington

Any ancestors who served in the Napoleonic wars?

I can't say I expected much more than that... Oh well.
  8. Captain_Fozzington

kpetschulat said:
    So, the developers of Crusader: Way to Expiation made this really cool mains screen animation.

mark7 said:
    Welcome to Crusaders:
    http://youtu.be/YSwNioXlmxc

Any interest in doing something similar?

Oh wow, that is very nice! I can see that working very nicely with some era battle paintings scrolling past in the background. Maybe some portraits too.
  9. Captain_Fozzington

Any ancestors who served in the Napoleonic wars?

According to the Oracle of Truth, Google, it appears that an individual bearing my surname, Brasseur (Brewer or breast stroker, whichever floats yer boat), was a Sous-lieutenant in the 1er compagnie of the 1er bataillon of the 1st régiment of the Grenadier à Pied de la Garde Impériale in 1810, which is so extremely ******** amazing. That being said, however, my name is very common in both France and Québec so we may not be related, as I don't know which region my paternal family is from or anything about this Sous-lieutenant. My father and I bear a great deal of resemblance to Napoléon I and II respectively (my avatar is supposedly a very accurate depiction of me)... I've been dieing to do one of those illegitimate children DNA tests.

I actually found a plaque dedicated to all of the French soldiers who fell in battle during WW2 in the Bayeux Cathedral in June. Apparently a man named Ernest Brasseur died in 1940 protecting France. Sadly, there was a German flag draped beside this memorial (I have the utmost respect for German soldiers and civilians, but this just didn't seem right).

I also remember finding out that Arthur Wellesley is related to the Cusack family, my maternal family, which means that he too is (somewhat) French...
  10. Captain_Fozzington

11sparky11 said:
    Dear God that was awful. Most American comedy is horrible :/

Whilst it will never compare to classic English comedy, some content from WKUK is quite entertaining. They can drag on for a long time, though.

More on-topic: I actually feel that I too will have at least one gentleman character, like Vicccard. I think it could be rather run.
  11. Captain_Fozzington

I think I've found yet another character I'm going to roleplay...

Hey Docm30, think you can add in a graping mechanic?
  12. Captain_Fozzington

[Unresolved] Connection to server is lost?

The patch appears to have solved the problem, at least for now...

*Edit* Nope.
  13. Captain_Fozzington

OSP World Map Mundus Magnus

****e, I completely missed the fact that I didn't have to select one of the premium packages... I didn't get enough sleep on Friday...
  14. Captain_Fozzington

OSP World Map Mundus Magnus

Is there any other way to download this? I'm not giving M&B Nexus my money to download one file...
  15. Captain_Fozzington

Whilst the stupidity of the initial joke is almost to much for me to handle, I just can't resist...

"On va fumer un pipe... ****, man...****..."
  16. Captain_Fozzington

Docm30 said:
    The only place I see fitting for nationalistic music is the lords' halls. I'll see about getting some national anthems in there, although not every faction had such an anthem, so you'd have to settle for things like La Marseillaise and Grom Pobedy.

Le Chant du Départ would also work well for France, considering of course that it was the anthem of the First Empire.
  17. Captain_Fozzington

Docm30 said:

tumblrlozlh0af751qbzb5q.gif

That's all, folks.

yokinwow said:
    Any idea about when will it be released?

No.

Next!
  18. Captain_Fozzington

TheOrest007 said:
    Sharpe's Over The Hills and Far Away? Personally I love that song, adding it doesn't interfere with any laws right?

Epicrules said:
    Because of course adding without permission somebody else's intellectual property to something you're distributing is perfectly legal.

Well, "Over the Hills and Far Away" isn't from Sharpe, it is used in Sharpe.The song dates from the late 17th century (many versions also reference the War of the Spanish Succession throughout the song, although I think they changed the references to Queen Anne to King George in Sharpe, I have never seen any of them, though) and if Docm30 was to find a version that he was allowed to use he totally could put it in the mod.
  19. Captain_Fozzington

I don't think this question has been asked before:

The Blood and Iron mod features a special animation for characters charging with their fixed bayonets. It makes the charge feel more like a... well, charge and is much nicer than ridiculous native running animation. Have you ever thought of including something like this, Docm30? 
  20. Captain_Fozzington

Docm30 said:
    every person that plays this mod is going straight for the boater.

93zt.jpg

BOATER HAT...!

Best mod ever.
Back
Top Bottom