Search results for query: *

1. Pacific_Salmon

SP - General Cunning Attribute: Can it be improved?

Of all the skills, Cunning is the least useful for the hero character. Scouting has some decent leader only perk effects, but most of the good stuff is Scout so a companion can handle it. There are decent scouting companions available so it's not a big deal. And scouting levels pretty fast on...
  2. Pacific_Salmon

Supplying resources to town which show shortages?

You can ask the Town Mayor to tell you about shortages in the city. These shortages help with figuring out what best to sell in this city. My question is, if I have a city and I keep selling it resources that it has shortages of, will the prosperity of the city go up because of this?
  3. Pacific_Salmon

Another post about late game being grindy - and what to do about it.

I know this topic has been talked about before, but I was just wondering if there is any new ideas about this: How to make the late game fun? I love POP, I must have done at least 3 or 4 dozen playthroughs.  However, I have only completed it once because I find the late game really grindy and...
  4. Pacific_Salmon

Very slight flickering with new monitor (Dell S2716DG 1440P 144hz G-sync

So as the subject header says, I got this new monitor and set it to 144Hz and G-Sync On. Now in game I get this really faint flickering.  It's really only noticable when you look at a non moving frame.  I just wonder what is causing it.  Is it the G-sync?  the 1440p resolution, the 144 Hz? ...
  5. Pacific_Salmon

Morale in PoP battles

Was there any thought given at any time to have morale play a more important role in field battles? I have seen troops break, but that usually happens when the take massive damage in a short period of time .  (like when they try to attack a machine gun (Noldor) line).  This happens very rarely...
  6. Pacific_Salmon

Idea of how to make the end game more challenging/fun

Hello fellow PoP'ers, Having played a few thousand hours of PoP, I found that early, mid and (early) late game are extremely fun.  However, towards the (very)-late game, it becomes a grind that is not so much fun. I think that many of us have experienced this. Are there any ideas about how...
  7. Pacific_Salmon

Can you really "LOSE" in PoP?

I am currently at day 400 in my playthrough and am playing without save-scumming. I have been captured about 6 or 7 times already.  This hurt me a lot as I lost some pretty good equipment and lots of denars.  (probably 200k-300k total). It has also been a pain to collect all my companions (I...
  8. Pacific_Salmon

Most useless skill is.... and how to improve it

I have not seen this discussion in on a longtime, so let us begin: For me, Tracking seems the most useless and underpowered skill.  Even if my party had 14, would I ever bother to look at those little arrows on the map?  Even if I did, would it be useful? Can it be made more useful.  Sure it...
  9. Pacific_Salmon

Capturing Lord mechanics

So I just started my 3.8.4 game and I started as a merchant type character.  Not optimal but I am a POP vet and beat the game several times so I am not looking to do an "optimal" playthrough this time. Anyways, I became a mercenary for the Baccus Empire and I was just starting to make a little...
  10. Pacific_Salmon

Too easy to make money?

So I started playing this mod again and I was able to make 10-20k in like a week just through trade... and that's starting day 1 with trade = 2! Just buy silver, copper, iron (and salt in Easter Wales) in Welsh villages and sell it in Mercia.  While in Mercia, buy booze and sell it i Wales...
  11. Pacific_Salmon

Moral doesn't matter much?

This maybe more of a warband issue but it seems that troops never break from combat.  The only time I've seen someone running is if it's like a complete slaughter and the last few guys flee.  I wish troops broke faster when things don't go their way.  Thoughts?  Also would be cool 9b sieges...
  12. Pacific_Salmon

Another throwing weapon rant

Throwing weapons are balanced for the AI, and that is perfect. Can we get some new "player only" throwing weapons?  Something that makes it really competitive with a bow? Throwing weapons are great in early game, decent in early-mid game but weak in mid, mid-late game and useless in the later...
  13. Pacific_Salmon

Why Do I always go for archer bulid...

Whenever I think about what character I want to play... I always come to the conclusion that archer builds are so much better combat wise than all others that it's not even close. With a Noldor Bow and high PD and PRF, sieges are sooooo much easier.  You can pretty much clear the walls...
  14. Pacific_Salmon

Increasing Global surgery?

Hi everyone, I was always a little annoyed by the fact that when I fight a battle against an enemy lord most of my casaulities are "wounded" while like 97% of theirs are always dead.  Is there a way to change it so that troops have a much higher chance of getting wounded rather than killed for...
  15. Pacific_Salmon

Ediz and other horse archers???

Is there anyway to make these guys act like HA? I know that in the original Warband there wasn't but maybe this was some how fixed in PoP? I can see that "group 4" is horse archers but I still cannot get them to behave as such. Any ideas?
  16. Pacific_Salmon

How to make my cav attack with javelins

I wanted to make a few of my companions "light cavalry" I equiped with 12 javeliins each and light spears. I want them to first "skirmish" and attack the enenmy with javelins from a distance (much like AI cav does) and then attack only when they run out of javelins.  No matter what I try...
  17. Pacific_Salmon

TweakMB

Does anyone know if TweakMB will work properly with 1.40?
  18. Pacific_Salmon

Lords on Horseback???

Is there anyway to make lords on foot and fight in shieldwall? Is the two problems with them on horse back. 1. Historical: In the 7th century, would not lords fight on foot in shield wall?  I thought that the main use of horses in those times was for transport/spped of movement.  2. Gameplay...
  19. Pacific_Salmon

Items should wear out and eventually break?

Hi, I just had a cool idea.  I think it would be neat if weapons/armour cracked, broke, rusted, got ragged etc. overtime.  Not only would this be more realisitic, it would also cause players to constantly be looking for weapons armor upgrades.  I don't know about everyone else, but in my games...
  20. Pacific_Salmon

How to become a monk

Hi, I was just wondering how can I become a monk?
Back
Top Bottom