Search results for query: *

1. Wiggy59

Saved Games and Patch Updates

I think they are, i noticed this morning that all my equipment stats were reduced after last nights patch, luckily whenever i upgrade my equipment i give my hand-me-downs to my companions, this morning i stole it all back again as it was better than my kit. Also the old shop 200 cap removed a few days ago took effect once i downloaded that patch too
  2. Wiggy59

Upgraded GPU, Poor FPS on Warband

Ey up all, i recently upgraded my GPU from an AMD 7970 to a Nvidia 1070, sadly this upgrade now prevents me playing warband as the FPS is too poor to be playable, Having looked this problem up it appears to be that the game does not recognise my GPU and instead runs on the integrated graphics...
  3. Wiggy59

Unable to Rejoin Templars

kuauik said:
    its working as intended,one does not simply cant rejoin order once you left,you deserted and you lost honour

But surely once the crusader states have reached all their goals, I.E Jerusalem and wiping the Mamlukes out surely i can return home and not run around the desert slotting the occasional Jihadist gang, joining the crusaders for ingame life is boring. Maybe a script could be added that adds another option to the already existing "Take Leave" and "Leave Order" options that is maybe like a "Take long leave from Order" that can only be clicked if Jerusalem is held
  4. Wiggy59

Unable to Rejoin Templars

Hello so having started playing M&B Warband again and of course this extremely stable release of 1257 AD (v1.02), i have encountered what might be a problem. Having Joined the Templars (crusader states) around 100 days into the game, they reached all their goals and wiped the Mamlukes out, so i...
  5. Wiggy59

1257 performance, battle size and computer stats

I mimicked the suggestions by YourLord, who plays with 1000ai, my graphics card and his are on par, we also have the same CPU, which i OC'ed to 4.8Ghz, i unparked all cores, i increased pre render limits, tried Textures on demand, overclocked my 7970, turning off custom battlefields, making AI dumber (in older version) yet still i am unable to play with more than 200Ai, otherwise i stutter terribly, i guess it just works for some people, lucky :razz:
  6. Wiggy59

toxic-nova said:
    stuttering with 400 and more units?  :roll: what I can say...take less units or buy a better PC.
    AI had gotten some improvements. They act better than warband AI but everything have a price.

Your first suggestion is valid, whereas the second "buy a better PC" clearly isn't a Solution, as lets face it even i, with top equipment cant run 400 ai! I can max every single game out that i have ever bought and played, but running 400ai on 1257 just doesn't work.
  7. Wiggy59

Back to stuttering...

pvthoch said:
    i have the same problem man with this mod and floris i guess this game its to much for my 3820 Oced 4.7 and gtx 680 to handle  :roll:

Its a real shame isn't it, as this mod is by far the best i've ever played, theres so much to do and accomplish, having said that im sure we will win in the end :razz:
    I'm currently using the 0.97 beta (non SVN version) which seems to have no overmap stutter, and also plays slightly smoother, it still has tons of features and hundreds of hours worth of gameplay out of it. Although it doesn't has PBOD which in my case i've never used so i really don't feel like i missing out, although give othr's tip a try by disabling custom battlefields in mod options (in camp)
  8. Wiggy59

othr said:
    Disable custom battlefields.

Some of the flora meshes have a high polygon count and no LODs, that alone should speed your stuff up sufficiently to handle a battle of about 500 with formations enabled. On my computer which is similar to yours I just stick with 300, no lag and not as much crowding.

Sorry for the double post, i will try this later on (when im back from work) but i can tell you this much, battling in England with lots of grass, trees ect doesn't jitter, whereas fighting mamlukes in a desert scenario with bugger all foliage and trees it seems to have a slight jitter, which you cant really see, unless you really focus on it rather than whats going on, this is tried and tested with the standard 150 ai aswell
  9. Wiggy59

saltjunkie said:
    Hey Wiggy59,

You wrote, "Nope, no matter what i put it on i seem to get this stutter, even happens at battles as low as 300. Its not lag as i still get high FPS just a weird stutter."

I termed this issue "battle stutter," for clarification.
    I had this ***** of an issue when I was on xp 64 bit-pro, and through much testing discovered a tweak that did the trick perfectly. The primary cause of battle stutter for me was this: This option is checked in the Warband .exe file-> App can handle >2GB addressest. If you UNCHECK this using CFF Explorer, the stutter will stop completely. Conversely, If this setting is not "checked," you can try turning it on and seeing what happens.

Now Wiggy59, since you are likely on a different OS than I was using at the time, this might not be a fix for you. That being said, it's super easy to try this fix and if it does NOT work, you can change the setting back easily. I hope this helps you.

***Description of BATTLE STUTTER: A snapshot like effect where the game plays slowly and skips several frames at a time, causing impossible battle mechanics. This effect is most common when cavalry forces approach each other at high speeds, the player being one of them, of course.

Hello mate, sorry its a new a year and im only just getting around to answering, i have unticked the 2GB address thing with CFF explorer but to no avail, infact i believe it crashes the game for me, so i am still (Like many others) looking for a fix, ive done quite a few things to sort it all out but again, nothing seems to work, ive upgraded my graphics card to a 7970 and then overclocked it and still nothing, more faster ram - Nothing, Installed on a faster HDD - Nothing, tweaked my graphics card, unparked all cores, set a stable overclock of 4.8GHz - Still Nothing, the only thing i have managed to do to be able to play this mod, is to uninstall the SVN version and download and install the 0.97 version, which gets rid of the Overmap stutter, but with a high battle sizer it still jitters (although alot less). So im back to old 200 ai battles, which isnt great, but it means i can play the game and still enjoy it.
  10. Wiggy59

Back to stuttering...

Hello chaps, i have had this problem once before and managed to fend it off, after several months and more updates i have arrived back at the issue (yippe..) Right so onwards and outwards, having looked at YourLords comments i have attempted to mimic his settings: I also have a I5 2500k OCed...
  11. Wiggy59

become a mercenary or vassal

You should try doing what i do, I enlisted in Count Grainwards Army and have been fighting for him since day 2 of the game, ive earned well over 100,000k. I have Top kit and my relations with swadia and all the lords are all in their mid 30's and Grainwad loves me. However, when i leave his army for time off or overall my relations with all other factions returns to 0 from -5 meaning you can jump from faction to faction, get a taster before committing to one. You earn alot of money from selling loot, you do only get a meager 420 denars a week but you will earn a ton of cash from winning battles, and the ones you lose in you get to keep all your money and items, rather than losing money and several items each time.
  12. Wiggy59

Outlaws

Denhonator said:
    True. Another question; Is it possible for something like 100 troop enemy lord army to walk right through a bandit group (with the leader and about 700 troops) without them getting into a fight? Or if I want to fight an enemy lord, can the bandits join the battle on my side?

I have seen this happen many times, But ONLY when the bandits are focusing on another target, i.e caravan. Im enlisted in Count Grainwads Army (Swadian) for 530 days now and we have walked straight through several times by ourselves and not been engaged, only ever twice have we had to fight against that barrage of arrows (Which is a sight in itself!)

On a side note it would be cool if you could fight with the bandit leaders, as i have seen them disassemble entire war parties within a few hours.
  13. Wiggy59

Strongest faction.

By what everyone's saying and also my own 532 day game, the khergits seem to be on top.

I play as a Swadian in Count Grainwads Army, since virtually day 1 of the game and we (Swadia) have been attacked by every faction numerous times, But we have more ground now than what we started with at the beginning. Although is was only in the last 20 days that we retook Dhirim and Praven from the Nords.

As for the Rhodoks they have had a good stab at the Sarranids and taken several Castles and towns. All of which are now back in the hands of the Sarranids.

The Vaegirs were wiped out by the Nords, Swadians and Khergit combined at the start of the game around 100(ish) days in. Since then they have had to rebuild the faction by using lords which joined other factions turn back to being Vaegirs keeping the castles and essentially giving the faction a leg to stand on. It now occupies Asugan castle and the village of Dugar (Far right of map)

The Nords have been all over the map, They have captured half of the original Vaegir territory and have expanded their border. They Mob across the map capturing castle after castle that are captured back again after only a few days. But like i said in the beginning of this comment they owned Praven and Dhirim until we finally have enough and took them back about 20 days ago.

The Sarranids have been loosing alot of ground until recently, where they have finally started to recapture their Main towns and Castles. Their border is considerably smaller than what it was at the beginning of the game.

The Khergits own the other half of the previous Vaegir Lands, they also have 1 of the major Sarranid Towns and 1 of the major Rhodok Towns. They are in my opinion the Strongest Faction due to several facts:

- They dominate open ground battles by circling an infantry army until turning them into a porcupine lump in the centre.
    - They have a high rate of arrows for defending castles.
    - Quite decent armour
    - Mainly a Mounted force, meaning Fast in battles, and Fast on the world map which means their parties can ride away when you try to engage them. They can choose when and where to fight basically.
    - And last but not least they have decent CQC abilities. (CQC - Close Quarters Combat, I.e Hand to Hand)

14. Wiggy59

Siege Lag

Sorry for the late response i was at work, randomly ive loaded my save, gone into the same siege and theres no lag, perhaps it was my PC, im going to check temps when it next happens, although usually never goes above 50, I will report back if i hit the lag again :wink:
  15. Wiggy59

Siege Lag

Hello, Does anyone know why i lag so much during sieges, its unplayable as the lag is a 3 second lag every second or so, changing the Battle size from 800 to 150 does nothing, even changing the graphics from highest to lowest does nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and over come it? I...
  16. Wiggy59

1. What are your experiences with high-end computers and a high battle size? Did anyone of you reach 1000?

Nope, no matter what i put it on i seem to get this stutter, even happens at battles as low as 300. Its not lag as i still get high FPS just a weird stutter.

2. How can I improve my battlesize and get the stuttering fixed?

Lower it. Personally when i play battles in England i don't stutter, when im on a crusade i start getting that jitter.

3. Are there grafik options that are not so relevant and can be ignored? My game estimation (in the settings menu) is curently at 130%, so the game should normally work without stuttering.

Your PC can easily handle highest graphics and they aren't the problem. Your CPU might be abit low, is that card the i5-3570 or the i5-3570k? If its the K then whack liquid cooling on and Overclock that thing! Ive managed to get 5Ghz on my I5 2500k with the Corsair H80 Liquid cooling and its temps are only 40 in intensive games. So i would recommend that you look into that. Also overclock your graphics card (if you already haven't) But that card is a ****ing Beast so really it can't be hardware.

As a side note i have the same issue, in big battles i get a stutter, moreso when im on a crusade, when i fight battles in England its much smoother somehow.

My specs are:

MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition Superclocked 2048MB GDDR5 @ Core Clock: 1019MHz
    I5 2500k Qaud @ 5Ghz /w Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
    Asus P8 Z77 V - PRO
    8Gb Ram
    1Tb HDD
    850W PSU

(although come the 26th im upgrading to a Asus 7970 3gb Card)

One thing which worked for me was turning off the battlemap. Someone here said that it is generated by Warband having to check the position and status of all soldiers on the field, so turning it off saves on processor time.

I'll go check that real quick.

17. Wiggy59

How to get a faction to declare war on you?

Piss in their cornflakes, That should entice them into war.
  18. Wiggy59

SCREENSHOTS!

Ivan the Awesome said:
    Wiggy59 said:
    mb_warband2012-09-2100-07-20-89_zps8ed7dfe9.jpg

I must say, the Welsh just ended their Crusade, and look They captured something! Congrats Welsh! You now qualify to be my friends :smile:

I find this very funny, and I wish I had your save game so I could immediately become a welsh lord. No questions asked, just dump my current liege and join the welsh, a puny nation of B.A. crusaders!

I will post a screenshot when im back from town/work. As they lost it within a day or two :razz: But they had a go so hats off to them!
  19. Wiggy59

SCREENSHOTS!

mb_warband2012-09-2100-07-20-89_zps8ed7dfe9.jpg

I must say, the Welsh just ended their Crusade, and look They captured something! Congrats Welsh! You now qualify to be my friends :smile:
  20. Wiggy59

General suggestions thread.

DrTomas said:
    Wiggy59 said:
    Im not sure if its been said already, but would it be possible for Attack and defending to be tweaked? As the majority of the time, The enemy will stand fast, and my fellow lords will just rush at them and then infantry and archers follow in the cavalry, Never have my side Stood fast and awaited the enemy to ride into us, or both armies just charging each other, (Which does happen a few seconds before the cavalry hits the lines).

The Friendly AI rush is a bug and should be fixed in the next revision.

I love you.
Back
Top Bottom