Search results for query: *

1. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Kefka, I love this program because every time the game patches, it is much easier to go back into TweakMB than to redo all the changes in scripts.txt!

With that said, please add the option to have price of prisoners adjusted by level.  Just a friendly suggestion.
    TML posted this fix and I can confirm it works with Warband: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1242239.html#msg1242239

EDIT:
    Did the recent patch make the fix to disable companion interaction invalid for WB? nevermind
  2. Town Relation, any use?

I would think that things like having the villagers start a fire for you should get easier/harder (cost of bribe up/down). Among other examples.
    Sounds like a valid suggestion for a patch or a mini mod.
  3. Unable to activate game

Same thing to me.  I bought using Avangate.  No steam.

EDIT: The manual activation also gave me a blank page.
    Internet works.  Also I don't think I have a problem with the firewall because I played the beta just fine and the rules and files are all the same.  All I can think of is that I just bought the program and received the serial no more than an hour ago, as I type.
  4. Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

@Adorno
    The game start dialog says 1.105 in the top right corner...but I cannot increase the count beyond 25.  I installed v1.104 and then patched to v1.105, if that makes a difference.

EDIT:
    I just installed the main v1.105 file overtop my existing installation.  Still the issue with 25 count battle.  Don't mean to sabotage this thread.  I just didn't realize this was only my problem.  I'll try to find the appropriate thread for this issue...
  5. Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Is it possible to make this work for the Custom Battle?  I am not allowed to put more than 25 men in either army currently.

Thanks.

6. [Crash] RGL ERROR (v621)

Same but 1022
  7. [crash] RGL ERROR (620)

And this one, i=57...while playing in the new map with the large field.  Not doing anything special. 

RGLerror.jpg

(Settings):
    MBVid1.jpg

*edit, had wrong settings image*
  8. the goddamn money system

In my experience it only makes sense to spend money on better/faster weapons and shields.    Whether you live depends on your skill/luck infinitely more than it does on your armor (I find).  Actually, that is something that makes this game very commendable and unique, methinks.  At least in multiplayer.
    (except plate armor would definitely help but it'd be too expensive)
  9. [BUG] Black Screen of Death

My Specs: MB Settings I've been playing the beta since July and this is the first time this has happened.  I wanted to join the US_S1 Team Deathmatch server but it was full (32/32).  I kept refreshing until I saw 31/32.  I immediately connected.  I came up with the faction selection window. ...
  10. [Suggestion] Jumping as a Tactic

If you are decked out in full metal gear you definitely should not be able to jump or even "dodge" as well as someone who has light or no armor.  I think how high and/or quick you jump should be scaled with the weight of your gear.

Also, I think jumping right now is too high.  I jump when dueling someone on foot but it feels a bit unrealistic to essentially jump above their shield.

11. [Suggestion] 5 more kills to win

Personally, I think having a voice announcement might be weird.  I'm used to the immersion of hearing realistic battlefield sounds..swords clashing, people getting speared..so having someone out of nowhere announce a score would kill that effect.  For me, at least.

My suggestion is to have the score(s) flash red (for example) and be displayed in bold at the top.  I mean some change to the text to get my attention.

Not sure that having extra time after the result is announced can work.  Rounds can be won/lost in the last few seconds.  What are you going to do with that time anyway besides what you've been doing the rest of the round?

I think getting caught by surprise (if I fail to notice the score as per suggestion) yields awesome screenshots such as Killop showed us.  Actually my first thought when I saw that was "sweet!"  I agree with SteveO that we should be able to x-out of the score display to take a screenshot.
  12. Mount and Blade ala Oblivion.

I just have to chime in with a cliche and say that Oblivion would be nearly perfect with M&B's combat system. That's all I'd want.  Mounted combat, at the very least.  Would be nice to impale one of those annoying roadside brigands without having to stop.
  13. Hi everybody I had maken a video of mount and blade 1.003

quick question if I may.  I see videos panning the camera outside and far away from their character.  how is that done?  thanks.
  14. Serial Problem (but not the same as everyone else)

YAY! All praise Armagan!
    My email didn't look exactly like that, but it's all good now, thx Jerky.
  15. Serial Problem (but not the same as everyone else)

Ok, I haven't lost any emails.  I have all the records.  I have the paypal records and the emails.  I bought my copy of M&B in Dec. 2007 and I've been happily playing the full versions since then.  Recently, I formatted everything and did a fresh install of Windows.  I started typing my 14 digit...
  16. Brand new Trailer! IGN! sept 12 08!

I think there was a new horse death animation in there, too.  Loved how he drew the sword in the end!
  17. Poll: Do you like the planned M&B box art?

Probably a mailed knight leading a small band of soldiers/knights, possibly into battle, would be better suited.

I like the quality, though, but I'm no CG expert.

18. You see an M&B game box on the shelf...will you buy it? (and suggestions if not)

Lamjoe said:
    Kasnar said:
    Hell yeh if we spend 39 (40) bucks on it now why the hell should we spend MORE on it when it comes out in box? i think taleworlds would be curtious enough to let those who have already paid get a free download of the final version. Dont you think? like click the download button and it ask for your playing code and you put it in and the download kicks off? i think thats the best idea so far.

We already do get the final version free. Did you think you had to pay again?

The boxed version (for people who already own the game) is for people who like physical items or want to support Armagan more than they already have.

Of course.  The question was about your impression of the game in comparison to the genre/industry and what needs to be done to make it more attractive to those who will see it on the shelf.  I'm enjoying the general tone of this thread, which is of great appreciation and admiration for the work the small but talented group of developers are doing.  I like everyone's suggestions, too.  Of course, some of these, including my own, are heavy tasks for a larger, more expensive groups/projects in themselves.  But perhaps there can be compromise for some of these.

19. You see an M&B game box on the shelf...will you buy it? (and suggestions if not)

mrtwilight23 said:
    I've also exclusively played M&B (well, for the last six months)
    The above ideas would add something to the game, but I don't see how it would put the game over the top.

The fighting is sweet, but I don't feel "involved" in the world and my character as much as with other games.  I feel that one big reason is because of the menus, whereas you could have all that take place in real-time.  I mean you can have DOS menus, but that's not fun right?  The next step in evolution is live interaction.  My suggestions up there serve to bring in a wider audience.  Games fail if their customer base is too narrow.  Something needs to be done to attract people who don't put accurate combat simulation as priority #1.  Once they're drawn in, then they'll appreciate it, not before.
Back
Top Bottom