Search results for query: *

1. el_infante

Lvl 1 companions like warband

You're not the only one asking for this, it has been requested multiple times. By the way, you can use the quest "found daughter" to recruit a companion you can respec from level 1. Quite useful.

1) You have to kill the brigand.
    2) You need to return to the place where the daughter is found after you complete the quest.
  2. el_infante

About why lance/spear cavalry so weak in SandBox

Nope. I do massive victories with zero losses all the time. If I invest a warhorse into a unit it's going to last a long time.

They can be used effectively but that doesn't make them "Good" or "worth a warhorse" I use them as you do but only prisoners or low tier (pre war horse) recruits. I also put them in SW in front of ranged an that is very useful as a defense.

I disagree because every horse and warhorse could become a much better horse archer instead who would kill 100X more enemies before dying. Most Khan's Guards will last me 3 decades... actually I guess that the longest I've played, they'll probably out live my character.

Hard to believe. What difficulty you play on? Soldiers die, it's their destiny. You may have very few cassualties but massive battles with zero losses are a lie as big as a castle. There is nothing you can do to avoid Mr. Imperial recruit getting a bolt in his face. Nothing new about Khan's guards. I also consider them the 1st or the 2nd best unit of the game (Fians, Khans). Another history is the amount of noble units you can have on your party. Noble recruitment has been improved, but even recent changes, it's not until leadership 150 where it becomes "free real estate".
  3. el_infante

Cav is weak because it misses it's attacks often and takes speed boosted damage from moving toward enemies. Infantry is actually pretty good at landing blows on attacking Cavalry, even recruit will KO an Elite Cataphract because if hit them in the foot with the Cataphract's speed used against it . Infantry in general is very vulnerable too, but that's another issue.

@el_infante I second this, start a campaign and go recruit actual in game cav units (not Horse archers) and see how you feel about thier performance. Do they die too looters very often while leveling up? When you charge 50 of them into an enemy, do 20 of them die? How do you feel about you investment into them when they die so easily?

There are no anti-Cav units. This isn't fire emblem, everything kills everything. Ranged units will massacre everything in front of them. There are no "counters" in this game.
    I'm starting a Vlandian campaign. If I find a good battle to record i'll post it.

If a recruit kill a charging cav, it's because armor does nothing, but I noticed that they may have tweaked armor dmg reduction a bit in the beta version. You hit the jackpot with the ranged units. "In front of them". You never by any reason should be charging archers from the front. While they are busy shooting your infantry this is the time to skein them through the entire flank, then do the same from the opposite side. Nothing is free of casualties, cav still die but in my experience they do a pretty good job when micromanaged. The investment on cav is always worth it.

And if there is no anti-cav units it's because spearmen are basically useless. This is not an user fault, but a poor dev design flaw.
  4. el_infante

Disagree, cavalry does not rules at all. Missile units are by far the most effective kind of units. Take some Fians or even Palatine Guard or Master Archers, and you are going to wreck the AI easily every battle without getting losses.
    Missile units are strong when YOU as the player control them. Give the same player an army with good amounts of heavy cav and you can wreck the AI ranged army with very few losses. This of course depends on terrain, open battles being ideal. I've playing cavalry armies since the release, mostly khuzaits, aserai and vlandians. And the AI have no chance against a cav army, specially if it's a human player.

It's buggy on the hands of the AI? Yes. They have problems and I hope it gets fixed. But it's not weak. There are better cav units than others, I prefer the vlandian cav over any other kind of spear cav, but it's just a matter of taste.

One of the arguments is that melee cav have a hard time fighting when they get stuck. The problem is that shock cavalry never by any reason should engage in close melee combat. That is a poor AI design. The should charge, regroup and then charge again. But in the hands of the AI they die. It's like giving a monkey a machinegun and claiming machine guns are innacurate. The problem here is the monkey (AI).
  5. el_infante

yes, melee cavalry is weak because they miss most of their hits, this was improved a while ago because it was absolutely trash before but it's still not ideal, cav take longer to attack because of riding in and out of range so they should have more precision in their strikes to compensate.

The only reason cav isn't in a even worse state is because infantry that should counter it is even worse, spear infantry do ok-ish in 1x1 scenarios, put a few more guys and it's awful, zero coordination for formation fighting and keeping enemies at bay with their spears, it doesn't help that spear pierce damage is one of the lowest in-game, any trash sword has higher piercing than a spear which is bull**** from a realism standpoint and it directly affects the gameplay negatively.
    That is true. But if cavalry is weak, and anti-cav infantry is still worse, cav still rules. The AI still doesn't know how to use cavalry other than suiciding the units against anything, but if you manage to coordinate a heavy cav melee charge against a ranged line, the kill list becomes all-green. So you can say cav is in a bad state, and I agree. But it's everything but weak.
  6. el_infante

Do not make useless custom battle test.

Yes, please upload a video showing how OP cavalry in real battles where peasants and other units with two handed weapons are able to wreck cavalry with easy.

Pick a real battle in campaign against a mixed army, and use cheats to play the same battle picking archers, infantry and cavalry, then compare.
    You don't even have to do that. Join a fight between the khuzaits and any empire army and just watch from the distance without interfering :smile: Then you'll see how weak cav is in this game.
  7. el_infante

Are we playing the same game? Cavalry is weak in this game? Cav is so OP that infantry has no way of dealing with mass cav spam. Your only hope is to be the human player, predict the enemy cav path and welcome them with bolts and arrows.

It's necessary to upload a video of a custom battle 100 horsemen vs 100 spearmen? You know what happens? Less than 10% of casualties to horsemen. If this were not enough, horses have around 300HP per model and infantry with short weapons can't properly attack the rider, and largest weapons can't also handle attacking the rider without getting stuck into a friendly model.

If this were not enough, there is the auto-bump mechanic where if a horse touch you even at low speed, your animation attack gets interrupted. But there is more! They can bump through enemy units to the point a cavalry charge can bypass an infantry square formation like if the infantrymen were ethereal or something.

All together with the low life expectancy of an infantrymen in this game makes possible to play this game and steamroll the AI on max difficulty with only two kinds of units: archers and melee cav.
  8. el_infante

In Progress Clan member dies in beta with death&life, but I have put the 100% chance of KO instead of death.

Yes it happens. I were just about posting the same as you. I play on campaign mode, no mods, 100% vanilla. My clan members keep dying with this option enabled.
  9. el_infante

Khuzait imbalance needs to stop

Thank you. So we have a troop tree problem. So if we put them to T3, that would already make a big difference. Or rebalanced them to do less damage or be less accurate... I wonder if that would make a difference. Or their troop trees respond more to the supply of horses. That's the one that baffled me. What do you think? I know python coding, but C# isn't too different... I hope....

The first step is that the AI should pay for horse upgrades as the player do. They don't. This is one of the hateful mechanics of this game. And this is why the Khuzaits can spam high tier horsemen like no one. The troop tree is only a part of the problem. Another problem is that there is no anti-cav infantry, thanks to the MP lobby spearmen & pikemen are trash. Not only they do ridiculous low damage, it's impossible to land a hit at close range. And the last one is the troop tree. Every faction should have access to basic horsemen, archers and infantry. Autoresolve also favors cavalry at calculations.

Some say that Khuzaits are not snowballing but that is not true. They steamroll every enemy army they found but they can't keep the new settlements due to rebellions. It was a bandaid, but the problem persists. There is imbalance between the factions troop tree but I don't think they are going to change it.
  10. el_infante

Khuzait imbalance needs to stop

The Khuzait imbalance is in their troop tree. Is the only faction that can spam horse archers at T2, while the empire can only recruit cavalry at T5. If someday they change their troop tree, all the khuzait hate is gone. By the way, the battanians also have the same problem, but in this case, with archer recruitment.
  11. el_infante

Less xp in simulated battles?

to my knowledge that has been the case pre and post scrim exp nerf so idk what you are talking about? ai gets more exp? or less? or what?
    AI gets free XP. I don't know how but I know it does. When you wipe out a lord army and he comes back after a while, the amount of "experienced" troops it has is bigger than the normal recruitment allows. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think not. Since lords can't avoid being captured constantly if they have experienced troops is for sure some kind of dev gift as a bandaid.
  12. el_infante

you think auto resolve should give more experience than fighting a battle?
    I think the rules should be the same for all parties involved either AI or not. So you should get the same as the AI gets. No more and no less.
  13. el_infante

1 person disorganized?

That makes 3 animals, giving you a penalty.
    And if the horses were "stumper horse" type, then it is considered as livestock, resulting in even worse penalty.

Thank you! I wasn't aware a single soldier can handle both a horse and a mule. That alone changes thing a lot.
  14. el_infante

Award for effort? Both for the AI and the player? Or the AI can just cheat their exp but you don't?. The rules should be the same for the player and for the AI, and if it needs to cheat to be a challenge, it's not the player fault but a maimed AI. Looters were a good source of exp for newly recruits, now they are but you also have to fight manually which became grindy and boring after a few hours.
  15. el_infante

Killing an army needs to have a much bigger reward

Since the AI cheats on recruitment, also cheats on upgrading troops (no horses required) and can also create armies from thin air on respawn there is no point other than renown for wiping an army. Every lord is Harry Houdini, so expect them to come back with an army full of recruits in two weeks.

If you don't mind chopping their heads, it's the way to go.
  16. el_infante

Maddening Army AI (this army was sponsored by RAID)

Ai logic:

Army size < nº of troops needed for siege? Raid.
    Army size > nº of troops needed for siege? Siege.

Nothing more and nothing less. It doesn't care about entering enemy territory, it isn't aware of the surroundings until it's too late. It's quite fun when a faction is outnumbered 10/1 and their armies go willy-nilly into enemy territory to get wiped again, and again, and again.
  17. el_infante

Dragon Banner Quest Failed

This should be fixed. There is no reason to punish the player for not completing the quest in X years. This game pretends to be a sandbox right? There is no need to railroad the gameplay so you are forced to do a quest you may want to complete in a future.
  18. el_infante

Is it planned to add higher tier troops to the native game?

It would be nice to add more variety to the troop tree. I miss taiga bandits from warband, also deserter parties. The noble troop tree could be divided in two branches. Let's say the empire can choose between noble legionaire (foot), or cataphract archers/clibanarii. The sturgians can also use another branch for noble axemen (huscarls), and so on. I also miss more diversity on infantry units, like macemen, light&medium non-noble cavalry units for the empire, non-noble archers for battania.
  19. el_infante

Recovering from casualties almost impossible in this game?

My two cents:

You don't have to recover from huge casualties if you plan your battles carefully. The most important thing in this game is campaign movement speed. This is why Khuzaits steamroll the map. If you have a fast army you can choose where you fight and who you fight. Isolate enemy lords outnumbering them 2vs1 suffering less than 10% casualties, upgrade your units and move on.

Never participate in battles to help the AI. Don't use your main army to siege. Spend your influence to fight sieges with AI armies and a bunch of recruits of your own. Bring leadership up to 150 and start bringing noble troops to your army.

This is the way to go. In my campaigns my main army is about 80% T5-T6. Don't be like the AI, veterans are worth every penny they cost, bloodbaths only benefits the AI not you.
Back
Top Bottom