Search results for query: *

1. Rifpin

I love Sappers

Had quite a bit of fun today being a combat engineer... I love this. It really was quite effective, and it was fun to build.  Anyone else put a good use to Sapper other than suicide bombing or building fortifications?
  2. Rifpin

The Engineer

Many thanks, difficult to find this.
  3. Rifpin

The Engineer

Arright, so the axe is pointless?

And how do I gather the resources in that case?  Do they regenerate or something?
  4. Rifpin

The Engineer

Hello, I've been looking around but really couldn't find anything.  Could anyone give me a primer on how the engineer works?  How to gather resources, what the purpose of the shovel and axe are, and how to build stuff would be fantastic (for example, I couldn't build an explosive crate today...
  5. Rifpin

Resignation from administration United PW

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    You sound like the "in real life it's probably like this video game!" crowd.

Do you know what ARMA is?
  6. Rifpin

United PW TownGuard [DISBANDED. Read for Info]

Herbiazors said:
    I'm sitting and waiting, my excellent and evil plot is soon fullfilled, Raven away to the keep! Woosh!

You really seem like a Tzeentchian sort of guy.
  7. Rifpin

United PW Town Guard [Recruiting!]

I'd feel cheesy changing my application now, but if you read the thread I'm sure you're quite aware of it, so.. not much more need be said.
  8. Rifpin

NO COMMENTS - maybe one or two...well you know me :)

This is a newbie throwing in his 2 cents, but I think that there isn't enough incentive to protect/befriend serfs.  This is probably because factions don't really want to bother, and that when they're harassed serfs won't group up and fight back.  Maybe if it was harder to acquire money and along with that weapons, armor, horses, and classes then have a group of serfs that are protected would become more important.
  9. Rifpin

killer110 said:
    Rifpin said:
    killer110 said:
    I have decided after some thought I've decided to abstain on any applications I have not yet voted on. This is due to the fact that I simply am unable to review or even read them due to RL time constraints. To make up for it I'm going to give Ripfin a No because he failed the first question. ESPECIALLY because he did it when I wrote that that answer is just TWO PAGES AGO.

Now I apologize, but I answered honestly despite reading the thread.  Being penalized for not copy pasting the answer is ridiculous.  If this is some sort of exam where there is only one correct answer then that's fine, but perhaps the lawbook should be a bit more elaborate in that case.  Conjecturing what to do based on either a. seeing where other people messed up or b. just guessing correctly is silly.

To expound, what's the point of having such an exam if all the answers are available, but not where someone would expect them?  And to make it even worse, the correct answer is almost the opposite of the stated laws in the original post!
    You make a very good point here. But what I said two pages ago didn't tell you what you should write but merely what one should neither do in-game or post in their application (as such). Just because I'm saying that one answer to a question is wrong doesn't mean I'm giving out the answer. In fact the way I see the questions aren't broad enough because there could be dozens of variables in them but in the end they would have to be summed up as they are now. To your very last point I'd ask you to point out which laws say that so that I could either correct you or do something about that law. Oh and I now look at you more favourably because of your non-ragy response. Congrats brah :mrgreen:

Well thank you very much.  I wasn't at all upset, more a bit bemused/confused, as this is of course at least somewhat your organization, you dictate how it is.  The law in question that confused me was

"Item Theft: The stealing of any item of any particular price - the stolen items can include anything of belonging to another person which you wrongly took from their person upon their death or the accidental dropping of said item."

I read this to address the issue, but I suppose "wrongly took" is the vague phrase here.

And I really should've just gone with the answer before, but I felt like that would be cheap. 

Anyways, thanks for the response.
  10. Rifpin

killer110 said:
    I have decided after some thought I've decided to abstain on any applications I have not yet voted on. This is due to the fact that I simply am unable to review or even read them due to RL time constraints. To make up for it I'm going to give Ripfin a No because he failed the first question. ESPECIALLY because he did it when I wrote that that answer is just TWO PAGES AGO.

Now I apologize, but I answered honestly despite reading the thread.  Being penalized for not copy pasting the answer is ridiculous.  If this is some sort of exam where there is only one correct answer then that's fine, but perhaps the lawbook should be a bit more elaborate in that case.  Conjecturing what to do based on either a. seeing where other people messed up or b. just guessing correctly is silly.

To expound, what's the point of having such an exam if all the answers are available, but not where someone would expect them?  And to make it even worse, the correct answer is almost the opposite of the stated laws in the original post!
  11. Rifpin

Application (Basic Details)
    In-Game Name: Vorigar
    Nationality: American
    Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate) I'd be happy to do either Guard or Watch, but generally I am uninterested by the rampant warmongering that the various groups do.  The RP in town is much more interesting and also the place is a crazy ghost town when no one from the TW is on.  It'd be nice to strike a bit of order in there during NA times.
    References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?) I doubt it, I haven't been playing too long.

Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)
    Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do?

Having witnessed this event, I would face down the looter.  By the law he should pay the victim 100 gold and return the stolen items.  If he doesn't want to cooperate then I'll convince him to do so with some liberal application of a blunt weapon, preferably my fists.

There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?

Just because I can't use a weapon doesn't mean that I can't threaten these poor sods with one.  Upon the outset of a fight I figure it's best to shake the sword at them a little bit to see if that'll calm them down and cause them to agree to pay the fine for assault and sit in jail for a bit.  If they keep the fists flying despite the threat of death hanging over them then death it will have to be, going by the book at least.  More than likely after feeling the sting of a blade they'll give up their folly and come quietly.

Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?

I would choose to be lenient in this case due to the fact that some roleplay was involved (presumably "tax pls 1k" then a fight to the death).  Instead of sentencing the offender to death I would order him to pay heavy reparations to the victim as well as return any looted items.  Of course if the offender ends up repeating this action he'll hang.

You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down?

Unfortunately sometimes with players who act completely OOC and very meta, the only option is to ask an administrator for assistance.  However IF the man is an excellent roleplayer and acting out an aggressive fight the power attitude, then I would shake my arsenal of weaponry at him to remind him exactly who is the one in charge here.  If he continues to resist arrest then the only option would probably be to injure him and see if that induces some docility.  I really do not want to kill someone who actually wants to roleplay so if he keeps it up we'll probably have a cool chase scene through the streets until he escapes through some unforeseen secret door while I curse his name.  If he's just being a **** I'd probably end up killing him though.

There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?

First of all, I need to cool down the fiesty victim.  It's just a horse my poor friend, let the town guard deal with this fairly.  If necessary I would detain him to prevent him from assaulting the supposed thief.  If the victim has absolutely no proof that this man stole his horse, I can do absolutely nothing.  Without a witness I am powerless to do anything.  If I witness the crime myself then I would immediately arrest the thief and either demand the horse's return along with a fine or a completely new horse. 
  12. Rifpin

United_PW4_HCRP Server Thread*74/250 SUNDAY 4/01*

In-Game Name(s): Vorigar

How long have you been roleplaying: I first table topped almost 8 years ago.  I've kept up writing but the last time I roleplayed was for a ~3 year period on Graal online's Valikorlia server.

What can you offer to the Hardcore Roleplaying community: flexible roleplaying - I hate playing mary sues because of how boring they are to play over and over

Character Bio: An elderly man, Vorigar is around 58 years of age - he himself isn't sure, considering he was born in a small village to a poor family.  His parents both cared for him deeply and as was expected of a boy he worked the fields with his father in his early teens.  When the clergy established a chapel in his town once it grew larger Vorigar was picked to be an assistant to the sent priest because of his adept ability to read.  After a few comfortable years in this position a Lord came to buy supplies and coincidentally was in need of a literate man to work as an assistant.  Vorigar, at that young age where wanderlust overcomes, signed on the with the noble man and worked with him for 30 years as a tactician, scribe, engineer, and scholar.  He was especially quick at picking up the finer side of contemporary engineering and more than a few castles were cracked by hastily but well-made towers and rams, and more than a few desperate situations were saved by preplanned defenses.  Eventually, as is wont to happen, the Lord passed away and his inept son took power, squandering his family name.  Vorigar knew which way the winds were blowing and quietly left the service of the royal house to travel on his own.  Despite his scholarly ways he still has fought on the front line and can continue to do so, albeit not in the heaviest armor.

Sample of your roleplay: Another bolt tore through the taut blood red canvas, pinning itself into the hastily drawn map inches away from his hand.  Vorigar glanced woodenly at it and left it in.  The map was fluttering a bit too much anyways.  After examining the map once again, he looked up and stroked his beard.  "Sir... I know that you want to break down the door," a chuckle accompanied this; "but that's ridiculous.  It's exactly what the defenders want.  Look:" a finger gloved in fine mail points to another side of the fort, "This side is closer to the lake.  I'll bet that they have some sort of utility entrance or grate to facilitate resupplying.  We should send a few men to look and, if possible, open the gate from the inside."

Do you have a history of rulebreaking on the regular servers: I've only played today, but no.  Not on other servers, as well.

Can any fellow roleplayers vouch for your skills: As noted above, probably not.
Back
Top Bottom