Search results for query: *

1. mouthnhoof

[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

I really hope someone makes Bannerlord:1866  :grin:

But that they keep the spaghetti western feel of this original 1866. Playing a cliche is so much more fun than historical accuracy...
  2. mouthnhoof

Dev Blog 10/08/17

Almost every guy there boasts a beard or mustache.... Respect!
    Every M&B character I ever made since beta 0.808 had a mustache.

Mustache forthwith!  :party:
  3. mouthnhoof

Early game strategy

for profitable simple trade - buy from villages and sell to the cities. The village prices on many pricy commodities are much lower than what you get in cities.

A general strategy for long term leveling is to pump your companions up on "trainining" skill. Raw recruits are level 15 usually, so until your companions are higher than that they will not contribute any training - HOWEVER, they will train each other, so the few that do more killing and level faster will pull the others (usually the skill mules) after them in levels. Eventually they will be recruits upgrade machines.

If your party is too big to fight bandit groups, it means that it is time to start raiding caravans and join the big league (fighting armies and sieges).
  4. mouthnhoof

Thank you for the feedback

CelticMarks said:

My thoughts

All you need to take from the video is "Rome wasn't built in a day"GL devs.
    It seems to me that you are disappointed not because of the DLC, but because of your expectations. This is not a MP centric DLC - it is more about the SP game. Call it a SP DLC with a MP option as bonus. There is a small selection of weapons because that's what people used in that part of the world in that specific time frame - there were a few good weapons and everyone used them with minor variations. Same goes for armors. Archery sucks because.. well.. archery sucked back then and was not a serious factor in wars. Games tend to over emphasize archery because players like it and make it way more effective than it actually was, but this is not that kind of a game.

I dont understand your problems with the SP. The game starts with you getting your ass kicked - so? it is set in such a way that you start from the bottom and for this reason you cannot recruit easily. Do you really think that in those times a scruffy unknown armed person walked into a village and 10 able men would leap and join him as his loyal soldiers? You dont like SP, then this DLC is probably not for you.
  5. mouthnhoof

BRYTENWALDA 1.41 release!!!

wow. Came here to reinstall Brytenwalda and found a new version!
    This team is just awesome.
  6. mouthnhoof

1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

Hi Gab, thanks for this wonderful mod. I only got to play around with it for a short time, but I found one bug:
    I can pick up bullets that I fired (same as arrows in vanilla).

I think that there is a flag for ammo items that can make them disappear after the hit (like stones in vanilla if I remember correctly).
  7. mouthnhoof

>> 0.99 M ...the O L D -P U B L I C- Version of 1860s <<

GAB, I have great expectations from this version. I even reinstalled old M&B 1866 just because I am impatient to wait.

Good luck and I am sorry I cannot afford more than encouragements to help you with your effort.
  8. mouthnhoof

Your names

Ball Licking Mongrel is my last Indian character.
    Rupert Duvel (tribute to Robert Duvall) is my new outlaw.
  9. mouthnhoof

BRYTENWALDA SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE - 28/09/2012

Idibil and the Brytenwalda team,
    Congratulations on finishing what is probably the most ambitious single player mod for MnBW. You have done an amazing job bringing the single player what it needed most - content. This is a significant achievement. The original single player game is fun an all, but has "indy" written all over it. Your team took this platform and elevated it to the AAA level, for no return except our gratitudes. Not to mention that you took non-profit modding into a completely different level with the novel, table top game, art, history lessons, etc.

Now, after I have greased your behinds I can ask my question :smile:
    Can you explain how ambushes and sneaking work? Can I know when following a force on the map that it may prepare an ambush? Can I set up an ambush (by sneaking? never worked for me)?
  10. mouthnhoof

Tournaments

xdj1nn said:
    ... What bugs me is having to use Spear + Shield most of the time, when u have that "one use only" shield bash that doesn't even knock enemies back, works just like a mini-stun, practically useless lol
    This is what you do wrong. When you get the Shield+spear, loose the shield after the javelins phase and go spear in 2H. Your AI idiots distract and you deliver the killing blows. You can also pick up other weapons from the ground after a few of the AIs fall dead.

Hints against other shield users:
    * Shield+spear has only 1 attack direction so are super easy to block and anticipate. Overhead strike is your best option from very short range.
    * against sword+board prepare an attack, the AI will raise the shield. Tap block WHILE STILL HOLDING THE ATTACK BUTTON - you will go into block and immediately ready your weapon again, but the other guy will lower his shield to attack. Time it right and he will get a spear to the face.
    * 2H spear against multiple opponent - close you eyes and think of Britain(walda).
  11. mouthnhoof

BUGS, PROBLEMS & PC CRASHING............

I am sorry GABRILDURO, but nothing worked for me. Even using 800x600 resolution with 30% textures and all graphic settings to minimum my display driver crashes.

The crash happens consistently when I enter towns (walk around) and in certain combat maps. Does this mod include the polished landscape mod (or similar)? that one is a killer to some computers. I could play one of the first released versions of this mod but since, something has changed and I keep crashing.
  12. mouthnhoof

The South Will Rise Again!

Otherwise, club them on the head, take prisoners, camp and recruit.
  13. mouthnhoof

Beggar in Bishop's Lodge

It a banjo - you mouse click and it goes "pling!".
  14. mouthnhoof

Harder?

Use only boot pistols
  15. mouthnhoof

New scenes (update 30/12/2011: Saxon Village p. 32)

This looks so good! Why oh why does my display driver crash when I play it ? oh cruel fate!
  16. mouthnhoof

Javelin useless ?

The much maligned shield "force field" has a purpose. The game engine does not allow the player or AI to change the position of the shield to cover other parts of the body, hold it extended in front to increase its effective area, or cower behind it. Instead of making a very complicated mechanism, Taleworlds included it as the shield skill that represents the ability of the shielder to actually, well, MOVE the shield - it just does not have an associated animation to it.

A thrown weapon is slow enough to see it coming and move the shield to intercept it, or duck behind the shield so not to catch it in the eye. Given enough range and careful observing, a shielder can even move to intercept an arrow with the shield instead of his body. One cannot expect to throw an object at the seemingly "unprotected" legs and expect the shielder to stand there like he has a bad back and take it in the legs.
  17. mouthnhoof

Javelin useless ?

Thrown weapon damage is generally too low. Upping it a bit is not a problem since there are only few of them per unit which prevents a constant hail of projectiles.  Low accuracy is fine, these are not precision weapons - they are meant as precursors in formation battles and you do not miss the entire formation.

As for archers tactics, they should ALWAYS be on YOUR left flak - this way they shoot into the shieldless side of the enemy. If you want to relocate them, first order cease fire and then send them to a new location, then order fire at will again. Otherwise they will stop to shoot and be overrun by the advancing enemy. For those that play General instead of Rambo, micro managing your archers and cavalry detachments can be a huge force multiplier.
  18. mouthnhoof

Australia 1866 mod

EricT said:
    ....No Americans or Regenade Confederates
    Can't they travel to Australia?
  19. mouthnhoof

The balance of weapons\stats in Brytenwalda

shikaka said:
    Swords are superior weapons, but they are useless in the mod.
    Swords are not superior weapon (in RL). In fact there is not a single category in which it is the best available weapon. The thing about swords is that it is never a bad weapon and performs well in all situations. In history, as the level of armor increase, the role of swords on the battlefield diminished. Polearms ruled the battle and short blunts and axes were the typical 1H weapons. Neither knights nor samurai used their regular sword on the battle field - they brought polearms (e.g., Samurai use Yari spears), or axe/mace in combination with a shield.

Swords were valued as a civilian and a dueling weapon. The thing that makes swords special is that they are easy to carry around. I mean a Dane axe is a fearsome weapon, but I can't see someone walking around in his castle and dragging his BFA (big F***ing axe) with him. He'll just wear a sword - always available, quick to draw, always effective, even if not the best.

Swords are not useless. They have far better reach than axes and reasonable damage (pro tip: hit the head to get damage bonus, or the legs which are typically less armored than the body). Against less than chain, they are as effective as axes. From horseback there is no comparison vs. an axe.

My only complaint may be that the thrust of viking/saxon sword is underrated.
  20. mouthnhoof

Sugestion regarding axes

Axes are not supposed to do "piercing" damage - it is used in the mod as a compromise since the other types fit even less. The alternative is to go the Native way and make it a high value of cut damage. This makes them better against armor by helping them getting over the armor soak factor, i.e. the damage treshold that needs to do damage. At the same time, it makes them far better against light armor, by doing a huge amount of damage which is not reduced in a absence of armor.

Pierce typically have lower base damage numbers, but the armor subtracts less damage from your potential. Thus against heavily armored opponents, pierce gets progressively better. Against naked targets, they will perform the same as cut if the base damage is the same. The disadvantage of using pierce for axes instead of pumped up "cut" is that it makes them less effective at bashing shields. I still prefer the pierce damage over the native increased cut damage.

In one wants to argue realism, there are two kinds of cut: slash and hack. "Slash" is when the blade slides along the surface - like when cutting bread. It takes no inertia as you can place the blade against the surface before cutting. The other is "hack", when the blade hits the surface perpendicularly, like an axe hitting wood, or a butcher knife chopping a piece of meet (as opposed to slicing). This requires and initial swing because placing the blade against the surface and pressing it in is not very effective. Axes and swords can do both, but swords are much more relying on slash, while the axe is mostly hack. Even a bit of armor completely negates slash, but if hack does not go through the armor, its momentum when hitting the armor is turned into a bash. This is why axes are also effective if they do not go completely through the armor, while a slashing weapon is next to useless against anything it cannot cut through.
    The game engine is too simplified to represent all that.

Back
Top Bottom