Search results for query: *

1. Alex_S

++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

Check out the Europe Campaign Map mod, it's pretty nicely done, even includes sea travel. It's going to be a good asset if this mod gets revived.
  2. Alex_S

Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Bonjour.
    de savoir si vous pouviez me donner des informations sur le fait suivant.

J'ai acquis un village dans le comté de Flandre, j'y est construit un domaine, mais je n'arrive pas à le voir sur la carte près du village. (avesnes).

Dans l'attente de votre réponse. Je vous remercie d'avance.
    Ils n'apparaissent pas sur la carte mais ils devraient être là come un amélioration de village
  3. Alex_S

That's it!
    Modding tools are out! Anyone willing to start having some real fuuuunn?
    Revisiting the game now after more than a year and a half, I'm sorry to say it's prly still too early for any serious atempts at total conversion mods. They stoped updating the game every week, but updates are still fairly regular and changes to the base game significant. Looking through Nexus mods, there are a lot of fun little mods out there but very few large ones, in fact I only see 4 with the "total conversion" tag that have been updated in 2021.
  4. Alex_S

Wow, haven't checked this board in yeras; glad to see it's comming back to life.

To add to the bannerlord mod recomendations:
    -Developer console - rly useful for experimenting with different aspects of the game
    -Detailed character creation - unlocks character customization options that I feel were intended by TW all along but for some reason haven't been officialy activated yet
    -Custom troops template-tutorial; helps if you want to mess around with existing troops or items or if you want to add some custom troops to the game; but you'll have to get into the game's xml files. Fortunately it's as easy as it was in warband, and some stuff is better thought out imo, like being able to assign sets of items to every weapon slot individually rather than having pre-made categories of weapons.
    Items are badly balanced now I'd say, but no point messing around with their stats at this point as I imagine TW will do it themselves soonish.

Regarding a possible E1200 mod or similar, I think the clan mechanic would offer a somewhat better way to simulate feudal relations so that's nice

On a negative note, having most clothing items take the color of the unit's faction is an awfull idea, everything's so colorfull now, and not in a good way, but that will prly be easily fixed.

Edit:
    Also this. https://bannerlord.party/banner/ Banner editor to get rid of the boring heraldry. The guy who made this tool also made a kingdom color changer mod that lets you change clothing colors on units,great stuff, my troops look ok now :grin:
  5. Alex_S

Where should i start my kingdom?

I prefer the area of the Low Countries. There are several small factions there that you can either conquer with relative ease or keep good relations with them to keep them as a buffer against bigger ones. And then you get 3 huge factions around, England, France and the HRE. Try to have good relations with one or two of them and when they are busy fighting each other join in the war and chip away at the enemy factions to add to your kingdom. I generally prefer to keep good relations with England and chip away at France or the HRE after I've built my power base by conquering two of the small factions.
    This same strategy could prly be used in the Balkans and Italy though I never tried it.
  6. Alex_S

Diplomacy

The feature is planned for future "official" releases, idk if someone already did this though.
  7. Alex_S

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

I remember having the same problem; don't know what causes it. Back then someone tested too and couldn't replicate it either; worked fine for them. This is one of the more weirder bugs  :shock:
  8. Alex_S

(80) Txt Tweaks for Europe 1200 Updated 06-20-2016

Yes it works for E1200

Here it is for this mod:
    In conversation.txt find the following 2 lines:

dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER

between them insert these 2 lines:
    dlga_regular_member_talk:regular_member_trade 69631 1753  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  2000  0 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_regular_member_trade:regular_member_talk 4095 2000  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  1755  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER

so in the end it will look like this:
    dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_regular_member_talk:regular_member_trade 69631 1753  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  2000  0 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_regular_member_trade:regular_member_talk 4095 2000  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  1755  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER

Haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to work. Results are easiest to see when you substitute an item with another item.
    And of course there are issues with it, like the fact that the guarantee item flags remain unchanged and the fact that, apparently, there is no way to give them more variety when it comes to armors, just substitute existing ones with new ones. You can add more weapons I think but wether or not they use them depends, in part, on the flags I mentioned and, of course, on the unit's skills. Also most units already have a sizeable pool of weapons to choose from.

It's a cool tweak but E1200 already has historically accurate, balanced units so I have little incentive to use it here, maybe when I'll start my next kingdom I'll create some sort of praetorian guard with it's help.
  9. Alex_S

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I found an old tweak that can help you fix the problem with top tier archers having stones instead of bows in their inventory until a new build comes out.
    You can also get rid of the knifes on the retainers or replace them with smth else if you're so bothered by them, though I wouldn't recommend doing that as the knifes aren't rly a bug they are intentional.

Here it is
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51962.msg2618464.html#msg2618464

The tweak only adds or subtracts from a unit's item pool, you can't change the guarantee item flags.
    I haven't played with those particular archers but if they are ALL equipped with throwing stones then they should have the tf_guarantee_ranged flag, otherwise only some of them would spawn with ranged weapons. So you can go ahead and replace the stones with bows and arrows of your choosing. Also don't add bows with power draw requirements that exceed the unit's PD skill or they will not use them. If you leave the stones in their inventories some will spawn with bows and arrows and some with stones.
    I only tested the tweak myself on the sellswords that I feel are underpowered as I said in a previous post and it worked so it should work for those archers or any other unit that you can recruit.

Be warned that this opens up huge exploit possibilities so be careful not to spoil your game experience if you're going to use it.

I shouldn't have to tell you this but I will anyway, if you're going to mess around with this mod's or any other mod's files it's a good idea to back up those files BEFORE messing with them.  :razz:
  10. Alex_S

(80) Txt Tweaks for Europe 1200 Updated 06-20-2016

ooh, another great tweak, easy to do too :grin:
    trouble is you can give equipment to troops but can't change the guarantee_item protocols so you might end up with messed up units at times, plus it's a huge exploit but cool nontheless.
  11. Alex_S

Need strategy help.

Your tips are sound, but giving this many commands with the MB interface, especially since there's no pre-battle orders menu yet, must be hell; I myself can only manage the most basic of commands  :oops:
  12. Alex_S

Also make sure you have the "load textures on demand" option turned on. That one tends to crash mods with lots of large textures on startup if it's off, even on a good computer.
  13. Alex_S

chunder_bot said:
    i totally agree with alex_s about the helmets id love to see the full sallet buffed up abit and it would be nice to have a few more weapons to add some diversity but that could just be me being greedy :razz: and as for the spear thing you can turn it off in mod options there is a section which says something like edit mod damages pole arm vs horses which you can change back to native

:oops: oh hadn't noticed that particular mod option, thnx  :oops:

Got another pretty big bug.
    Fiefs produce no income; I've a castle and a village, both producing 0, with normal tax rate (haven't changed it), and the village loosing it's looted status about two weeks ago. Prosperity is pretty high on both of them too.

EDIT:
    NVM problem fixed itself after another week or so, weird though  :shock:
  14. Alex_S

Suggestions and Critique

Iltedge said:
    Hi guys !

I couldn't help myself but notice that you made the city of "Le Mans" a village in your mod, and furthermore a village under dominance of Beaumont casttle.

It really bother me as historically Le Mans was the capital city of the Maine County (including Beaumont, Laval and Mayenne in the mod). Not to mention that Henry II was born in Le Mans !!

Can you please fix this injustice ? ^^

Or at least point me toward a way to do it myself.

Thank you for this mod !

Game mechanics require there be a balance between castles towns and villages; Most if not all of the settlements on the map were really towns but they were downgraded for gameplay reasons. There's a set of criteria for what will appear as town, castle or village, and the person who did the research for France would be best qualified to tell you why Le Mans is a village.

As for doing it yourself, this is one of those things that's not so easy to do.
  15. Alex_S

OSP packs which could be useful for us

Not exactly an open-source pack but seems like the best place to post this.

So, a few days ago, I came across this mod:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.0.html (don't worry there are no dragons  :grin: )

It has some things rly worth checking out:

-I love the way they did sea travel. They managed to keep the actual water material for sea travel and added ports, without the need for buying ships like in other mods, they don't even have menus, it's just normal travel but with fixed embarkation points.
    This is cool because the ability to use water material as opposed to the modified land material in E1200 means a much prettier map, the coastline looks a lot better when it's actual coastline and that adds a lot to the general aspect of the map. Never brought this up before because it's the first time that I find sea travel solved in a satisfactory way in a mod.
    They also made some areas of ocean inaccessible for performance reasons. This can work in E1200 for most of the Atlantic and the North Sea that don't rly need to be accessible. However I've no idea how they did it and how it helps with performance.

-Also to help with performance they removed the peasant parties running around, and replaced their influence on the economy with a script.
    I'm not crazy about this one; kinda like having those guys on the map, plus they're great for when you want to start a fight with a faction but it's something to keep in mind if performance becomes too much of a problem when more factions are added and the map is expanded.

-Great inspiration for quests. They have quests with mechanics I haven't encountered before.
    One is an invasion mechanic where a faction not previously on the map invades, new lords spawn and certain settlements switch to the invading faction. I know we won't have the mongol invasion or anything similar in the mod but there are plenty of things this mechanic could be used for like rebellions or quests where you get to found a new crusader state, or maybe do the Latin conquest of Byzantium ahead of time; just some ideas off the top of my head, I'm sure there could be other uses as well.
    And a second interesting mechanic leads to pre-determined battles (the player and a set number and type of allies versus a set number and type of enemies in a specially designed scene). Would be very useful for quests involving famous battles, or what-if scenarios (how a bout a siege of Jerusalem or of Constantinopolis?)
    If anyone wants to try them out here's a list of quests for ACOK http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/Quests
    The "Blood on the snow" quest exemplifies both those mechanics.
    The "Hear me roar" quest is also interesting and pretty easy. It's similar to what I suggested some time ago about a quest for E1200 that would involve attacking a robber baron's keep. I had just imagined it with more bloodshed and imagined the keep as a bandit hideout from native that spawns in more-or-less random places. Here the keep is in a fixed location.

-And it's also a good inspiration for scene makers; almost all locations I visited have custom scenes; some are better than others, some are very good.
    I especially liked their sea battle scene, here are a couple of pics:
    qpqp.jpg

k5v9.jpg
    I found the King's Landing siege scene pretty good too, with overturned siege towers and ladders for atmosphere and difficult to reach missile troops defending.
    Attention to detail is nice too, with a bit of furniture turning usually empty tower rooms into guardrooms and storehouses (don't remember the scene where I found this though)
  16. Alex_S

Found this mod a few days ago, great stuff.
    I'll try to put all bug reports and observations in this post so it'll be a long one, I'll add a spoiler bubble to make it smaller and easier to pass for ppl who just browse over the posts.
    Btw a mod this complex and well made rly deserves a child board; cramming all discussion about it in this single thread is terrible.

So here goes:
    Major bugs
    Attempting to enter some taverns in Essos, namely Volantis, Lys, Ruins of Ny Sarn or Norvos causes the game to crash to desktop, no errors or anything just an instant crash.
    I suspect they may be using the same type of interior and the file is bugged or missing, tried unpacking the download a second time but that didn't help, maybe if I redownload, idk, anyway it seems I'm the only one with this bug, haven't found other references to it.
    Tried to check all towns for it and I think I was successful in doing so, though since it's not always obvious from the campaign map which is a town and which is a castle it's possible I missed some.

Minor bugs and balancing issues
    1)some helms have beards disabled and shouldn't; those I can confirm are: open sallet, mail coif, cloth/leather hood

2)floating structure above the harbor area of White Harbor
    4092.jpg

3)similarly a couple of floating helmets above the graves at the Tower of Joy

4)an AI issue that's mostly to blame on native but still: Enlisted in Robb Stark's army; he spends 80%-90% of the time traveling between Saltpans, Moat Cailin and Winterfell saying he "needs to inspect his possessions", even though he has a 600 strong force he is completely useless, and I suspect he isn't the only northern lord with this problem. Maybe if he wasn't the lord of Winterfel? (I know it's bad for lore reasons but it's even worse for gameplay reasons)

5)the visored sallet armor rating is too low. It is in essence a full helm design that historically replaced the bascinet (like the houndskull or pigface bascinets currently in the mod) and was used in parallel with the armet. I'm thinking 60 rating for the variant that includes the lower face plate like all full helms and maybe 50 for the one without the neck and jaw protection, like the one you usually use for infantry, would make more sense.

6)speaking of full helms, I'm not quite sure about the 13th century models, they look too old fashioned compared to the rest of the gear, I don't mind it so much in tournament NPCs, but there are also some troops wearing them, like the Dorne serjants. I realize gear appearing in the show is inspired from equipment ranging from 13 to 16th century plus the fantasy stuff but this just seems a bit to much as far as immersion is concerned; granted this one might seem like more of a personal preference of mine.

7)mercenaries are terribly underpowered as far as gear is concerned; I especially have a problem with sellsword pikemen and halebardiers who are only equipped with a spear/halberd; they at the very least need a short weapon like a sword, axe or mace, as they are currently useless in tight spaces so no garrison duty or sieges for them, shields would also be a good idea; I'd also supplement the gear of the elite archers/longbowmen with a small shield or replace the sword with a two-handed weapon like a bill or mallet. Also peasant women have no upgrade tree, I imagine this is a bug since the peasant women as they are now are also completely useless and make no sense as mercenaries.

:cool:I'd expect northern archers to be longbowmen since their cultured is inspired more or less on English medieval culture as I understand it.

9)The spear vs horse mechanic is really poor, it's a good idea but poorly executed, it's not used to stop charges but it's more of a random weapon buff dealing extra damage to horses, as such I believe there should be the option to turn it off in the mod options.

10)You could really use some more diversity, at least visually, when it comes to weapons; plus there are some lore weapons missing, for instance there are no warhammers in the mod (think about Robert's hammer from the battle of the Trident). And there is a "gap" when it comes to swords between arming swords and greatswords. Greatswords have their uses, and arming swords are great for infantry but in between there should be some higher quality longswords/broadswords for cavalry and nobles plus the one-handed/two-handed bastard swords (there's currently only one 1/2H sword plus a hero item that I was only able to find while browsing the cheat menus).
    That said here are some OSP pack suggestions:
    lots of weapons:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,277690.0.html
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247595.msg5920747.html
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268862.msg6434281.html
    some more weapons (I think you might have some of the ones from this pack already but there's plenty more to choose from)
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148130.0.html
    an excellent armor pack for providing diversity to padded, leather, lamelar and chain mail armors:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,167389.0.html
    helms (I noticed you already have Deja's crusader pack in the game files, this other one has items that work better for Westeros in my opinion)
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76943.0.html
    more helmets
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,274925.0.html
    and as a bonus prettier female faces (never actually tried this one though)
    http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=359343

and some lore info on weaponry in GoT
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Armament

As a side note, you came up with some very interesting quest mechanics.
    Don't remember ever encountering the faction invasion mechanic or the pre-designed battles like with the night's watch quest
  17. Alex_S

Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

That order is created when the player completes the quest named "Aragon's Saint"
    Info on the requirements for the quest can be found here
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,244398.0.html

Hint: It is advisable that you prepare a force strong enough to capture a castle before you take the quest :wink:

And the villager thing is prly a map bug, I do not know if the bug was previously reported or not
  18. Alex_S

Need strategy help.

Important changes form 5 to 7 if I remember correctly were:

1: Horses got more speed and dramatically increased charge damage; this makes for devastating heavy cavalry that will inflict lots of casualties if allowed to charge en mass.
    2: Spears were improved bcuz they were crap and no one used them, not even the AI (but this doesn't seem to be smth that affects you judging by your story)

If your archers aren't doing damage my guess is you're playing against a faction with lots of units that have shields and good shield skill, that's generally what causes archers to be ineffective. If the enemy has lots of two handed weapon units or many ranged units that tend to not use their shields much then your archers will do damage.

I suspect that what's getting you is the increased speed and damage of horses, they get to your lines quicker when charging so your archers don't get a chance to take down their horses.

I myself prefer to use heavy cavalry as my primary force. If you can get most or all companions in the mod and equip them with heavy armor, good weapons and horses you'll get a pretty sizable force that can only get wounded, not killed, so even if you take some heavy losses it won't be such a crippling setback. Just remember to keep your surgery and medical companion or companions away from the fighting, this will ensure you take even fewer losses and are ready to fight again sooner.
  19. Alex_S

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Subitai said:
    Is this village to castle setup on purpose or is it just an error of similar names?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/Subitai/Mount%20%20Blade%20Warband/mb2.jpg

In the PIC...the castle "Carisbrooke" has a village "newport"  but it is next to "Cardiff"

and vice versa...I also discovered that "Cardiff" also has a village named "newport" but it's located WAY OVER next to
    "Carisbrooke"

Do they need to be switched?

"O"

This explains why the cultures of the two Newport villages are reversed, this is something I noticed (and reported) at least a couple of times in previous versions, never occurred to me they might belong to the wrong castle as well.
  20. Alex_S

Need Feedback....Personal Mini Update to Troops.txt

Will be interesting to see if the surgery, first aid etc work for the lords, I see no reason why they wouldn't, but I doubt persuasion does anything in NPC to NPC interactions, and it obviously does nothing in NPC to Player interactions.
    If you want to make the lords more formidable opponents you could also up their ironflesh, powerstrike and maybe even athletics abilities a bit.
Back
Top Bottom