Search results for query: *

1. Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I know I may be getting greedy, but I just love the clone troops and droids.  Would it be possible to add the droid factory and cloning facility to the planet/town build menu, and then you can hire the clones/droids from the bartender, or from a clone or droid standing in the cantina?

I need large numbers of droids and clones, because I may give a large number of droids to an allied lord who just recently got beaten, then raise an army of clones for myself and attack the lord :smile: 
  2. Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I love the Trade Federation bank, but could you make it so you can deposit larger sums of money?  Maybe a deposit all option like the withdraw all option?  Or just point out where and what to look for and I'll change it myself. 
  3. Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I joined the rebels at the beginning, and on day 10, they made peace with the Empire.  So now I'm off fighting my own little war with the Hutts, while the Rebels reap the benefits of my campaigning without suffering any of the consequences.

Also, while I was playing Pazzak or however it's spelt, I could not get away from the Pazzack playing screen.  It would go back to the bartender conversation screen, then when I'd try to leave, it'd go back to the Pazzack screen.  I had to save, exit and reload to get away from the screen.  I think the bartender wanted to win his money back :smile:
  4. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

I have a question about the patrols:

What do they do besides run in circles?  I have a 40 man patrol patrolling around Curaw, held by my Vaegir enemies, yet I watch caravans and lord partys ride right by, one caravan had been mauled by bandits and was only 21 strong, but they still walked right by.

So what do the patrols do, besides consume vast quantities of money?

And hired lords are rather fussy, they refuse to patrol around their castle.  Any idea why?
  5. Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

What if villages had their own militias, so that way when you rescue them from bandits or a raiding party, they contribute useful troops, rather then farmers who get in the way and die like flies.  Maybe even tie it to a village improvement or something, or only after you complete the 'train the peasants' quest.
  6. Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I like that hanger, maybe there could be a corridor too, the same way the city sieges had different stages of the siege, the ship battles could have different stages if there are enough troops for a second round.  Fight your way out of the hanger and into the corridors as it were.

Also, does anyone else have problems recruiting troops from their 'villages' after they conquer them?  I just took Nal Hutta from the Hutts, and I can't recruit any troops from the attached villages.
  7. Version 1.011 ... Why has nothing been heard?

Is this mod dead?
  8. Bug Reports.

D'Sparil said:
    Did you really have this money or did it magically appear?

Nope, I have the money.

The script checks if you belong to the same faction of the town, if you do it allows you to recruit troops. I guess you got caught up in sort of loophole  :razz:

So I have to join the Lion Throne in order to hire the troops?
  9. Bug Reports.

I just took Abdera as a rouge with no kingdom backing me, and in the town menu I have the option to recruit troops.  I click on the option, and at the top it says so have 41 troops available for hire.  You have 160234 deners.  The only option I have is to head back, I can't recruit anyone.
  10. Version 1.011 ... Why has nothing been heard?

Version 1.010/1.011 has been out for weeks, what happened to Ash and Nox?  Please guys, just a word to let us know the mod is not forgotten!  Or at least a word on whether any more updates can be expected, or if Bandit King is going to die?
  11. Should the player owned kingdom be able to make peace with other kingdoms?

It should probably cost more to make peace as a player kingdom to reflect the disdain the 'actual' monarchies have for a pretender like you.
  12. excuse me.. 9.60?

anyone there?  The mod system has been out for a week, yet there's no activity on the board.
  13. Horse Rebalancing

I don't know if it's possible, but how about reducing the horses speed, maneuver and damage rating as they are injured?  I'm pretty sure a horse with an arrow in its side is not going to be able to reach a full gallop, or turn on a dime.
  14. Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

How about giving the Nord horses some riding skill requirement?  Currently they have no requirement, and they're good enough I don't have to put points into riding for my npc companions.
  15. excuse me.. 9.60?

The mod system is out! Once more into the breach!
  16. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Is there any way to make it so that my loyal subjects deposit their 'voluntary' donations directly to my coffers?  Because as much as I love touring my fiefs, visiting with the people, and collecting their money, it's a pain to travel all the way across the map to collect the money required to keep my troops in the field on the other side of the map.  I spend more time traveling to collect taxes to pay my troops then I do actually using my troops.  In fact, it probably costs me more money because I have to pay the soldiers while I collect taxes rather then have them die in a useful way assaulting a city or castle.
  17. Suggestions

Mitsuhide said:
    Nice ideas Neptune, the best part being that as far as my knowledge goes most of it is possible. And with the new module system taking it's time who knows what new features could be supported in mods.

Mitsuhide.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear my suggestions shouldn't cause to much of a headache :smile:.  I feel they're just little things to give it that extra touch of realism.

And now, more suggestions:

1.  Lords of defeated kingdoms should appear in castles/taverns seeking employment as they look for other kingdoms to make them offers.  If your renown and honor are high enough, perhaps they would consider joining your cause?  Maybe even give them a fief or two?  Not sure how it would be/if that's possible to code.
    1a.  Better dialog options for lords you have imprisoned.  I want to have a conversation with them that can effect my relationship with them.  I want to insult them and threaten them if they are rude and watch the relationship drop.  I want to praise and be nice to them if they behave and watch the relationship go up.  I want them to ask for favors and my honor and renown go up or down depending on how I answer, such as "Would you send a letter to my wife?" and a yes gains you honor and a no earns you their ill will.  Things like that, so you can enjoy having prisoners you can torment or set free and be friends with.

2.  Caravans that spawn from player towns and are part of the players faction.  That way you can generate income from trade, and if you have good relations with bandits they'll leave you alone.  The richer the town, the larger the caravan it spawns. 
    2a.  Maybe even a dialog option so the caravan follows you, or commission a caravan from the guild master so you can resupply yourself during the long (100 day) town sieges without having to break off for foraging.

3.  Recruit troops from the guild master, the same way you can from the village elder.  Except these troops should come in greater quantities and be of better quality then what you get from the villages.

4.  This may not be possible, but how about the lords surrender when they're outnumbered?  When they attack you, they offer you the chance to surrender.  If your renown and honor are high, and your army is large enough, they should surrender rather then fighting.  Really, what fun is it to fight 150 v 30?  No one goes to battle with those odds and expects to win.  They should hand over their goods and money, then disperse and go home.  If you routinely release lords after capturing them, they should be more willing to surrender, hence the honor and possibly renown requirement.
  18. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Where would the relations with towns/villages be, under the menus script?  and would the recruitment values would be there as well, since they're both menu items?  And quests, especially for villages, is it possible to edit how often they appear?

For those of us who hate how rare the villager money donation quest is, here's a 'fix' to ensure you can pay of those whiny villagers whenever you talk to them.

In the conversation.txt, look for the following lines
    dlga_town_dweller_ask_situation:town_dweller_talk 4095 866  1 2147484209 3 144115188075856056 50 30 Times_are_hard,_{sir/madam}._We_work_hard_all_day_and_yet_we_go_to_sleep_hungry_most_nights.  857  0

dlga_town_dweller_ask_situation:town_dweller_talk.1 4095 866  1 2147484209 3 144115188075856056 50 70 Times_are_hard,_{sir/madam}._But_we_must_count_our_blessings.  857  0

Change the number in red (857) at the end of the line to 867, so it looks like

dlga_town_dweller_ask_situation:town_dweller_talk 4095 866  1 2147484209 3 144115188075856056 50 30 Times_are_hard,_{sir/madam}._We_work_hard_all_day_and_yet_we_go_to_sleep_hungry_most_nights.  867  0

dlga_town_dweller_ask_situation:town_dweller_talk.1 4095 866  1 2147484209 3 144115188075856056 50 70 Times_are_hard,_{sir/madam}._But_we_must_count_our_blessings.  867  0

Instead of closing the conversation after they talk, it directs you to the option of paying them 300 denars to help them out.  However, I don't know if it's possible to change the value your local renown goes up, because I can't find the number that controls it.
  19. Suggestions

Another suggestion for the dungeon master:

1a.  When you talk to him, he tells you what prisoners are willing to join you, and you can recruit them right there into your town/castle garrison or party.
    1b.  You can tell the dungeon master to recruit among the prisoners, and he responds with who is willing to join you, after maybe an hour or two delay.
  20. War declared from across Calradia?

The same thing happened in my game, Nords v Khanate, Vaegirs v Rhodocks.  The Nords own the Easter half of the Khanate, and the Khanate has a decent chunk of western Nord holdings.  It takes a while, and it focuses the entire war effort into a small area, because the entire nord army was plundering around the Khanate as the Khanate army was torching Nord villages.  As for the Rhodocks, Swardian territory is full of battles between them and the Vaegirs, I don't think an enemy army has even made it to the other's territory yet.
Back
Top Bottom