Search results for query: *

1. Sibilance

Viki Makes your own troops morons

bobknight said:
    When you change formations, they will also randomly move to another point on the map for no reason.

They're getting a Hold Position order for your current position along with the formation instruction due to some weird behavior with the Formations code. If you just remember to open the minimap and put their marker back in their blob, or use the hold-at-marker F1 command (or probably the Stand Ground order as well) you're in the clear.
  2. Sibilance

Native Expansion for Warband released

Good to hear, it'll be nice to take your code out for a romp again. Wives and courtship might be a good place to direct your attentions.
  3. Sibilance

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

M0rdred said:
    Actually we do have plans along those lines. I do not want to give details away until it is properly discussed and implemented for testing in the beta but we are working on a (note singular) more customizable Order.

Wow. That is going to be SO EXPENSIVE. And I absolutely can't wait. :mrgreen:
  4. Sibilance

Rojiru said:
    What was the reason given for allowing Saxondragon's class access to the alpha even before the development team? Or are the two one-and-the-same now and the class is simply closer? Forgive me if this question comes off as rude in some way.

I will add on to mp84's response with the wild and probably inaccurate conjecture that Saxondragon is having his grade-slaves slog right into the biggest morass of bugs possible, both for their edification in fixing it all and so the non-thrall devteam can be spared the wear. :wink:
  5. Sibilance

I drew a Qualis Gem

You have a lovely style. It looks so nautical, like a pearl. A fitting totem for a Knighthood Order. Thanks for drawing that! :mrgreen:
  6. Sibilance

Utterly fluffy, massively minor tweak for books [post your tiny fluff ideas!]

NicotiN said:
    If the knights of Dawn catch you with such heavy and dangerous books they will burn you and use the books as fuel:grin:

Niiice! Or to flip this: Approach their order representative and turn over texts to be burned for an increase in relation with their order. And a corresponding decrease with the scholarly defenders-of-knowledge order.

Or like this: Travelers and book merchants could do treasure map missions for scrolls and palimpsests of Pendorian lore. You could hand these arcane secrets over to a friendly chapter house for relations over time with that Knighthood Order, or choose to immediately spread the information freely amongst the minstrels and burghers for a one-time bonus to Right to Rule. Every smith and horse merchant and barkeep in the land is already steeped in gossip about Pendorian lore and rumor, they'd practically consider you a Messiah!

Second reply in the thread and I'm already well beyond fluff territory, but maybe this gives a Thought Provocateur something to run with. Not only is it an awesome outlet for the lore Pendor and Amala have accumulated, it's sort of an Indiana Jones archaeological minigame too. :mrgreen:
  7. Sibilance

Utterly fluffy, massively minor tweak for books [post your tiny fluff ideas!]

I know POP hasn't really been in the habit of regularly taking community suggestions into the mix recently, but this one is small enough and fun enough that I figured I'd post it before it flew out of my cranium like a flushed pheasant. If my memory is correct, all of the books take the same...
  8. Sibilance

This thread is to collectively ***** about sneaking into towns

An original POP alternative to the Native sneakery definitely wouldn't go amiss. Might make a good project for all the game-design student free labor. :idea:
  9. Sibilance

I'd play that mod. Good one. :lol:

Looking forward to the next real update whenever it's available. (And SD, do you have any response to my queries on page 1?)
  10. Sibilance

Lagginess despite my high tech-ish PC.

BigBoss said:
    IG_M said:
    Narmot said:
    Windows 7 ultimate 64x
            QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955, 800 MHz (4 x 200)
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe  (2 PCI, 4 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    AMD 790FX, AMD K10
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series  (1024 MB)
            4gb Ram
    Hi, something came to mind because of a problem I have with a Phenom II X4 BE 965 that might be causing this (probably not but can't hurt to try).

When I run Warband, it will only use one core even with force single threading unchecked. Even in normal multiplayer games that core is more or less maxed most of the time, so I imagine in single player with a lot of units and AI calculations going on that's only made worse and might cause some stutter when approaching. There is a simple way to fix it only using one core:

First see if it IS only using core 0 by bringing up windows task manager (ctrl + shift + esc) and going to the Performance tab. It shows a graph for each of your processor's cores. Run warband in windowed mode with task manager still open and run around a bit in game, then tab out to the task manager. If the first core has high usage and the others little to none, then you have this problem.

To fix it, go to the task manager's Processes tab after starting warband and find mb_warband.exe in the list. Right click it and click Set Affinity. Untick every core but the first (core 0), and click ok. Go back into Set Affinity and tick every core again and click ok. After doing that, warband makes uses of all my cores properly.

Wow, that REALLY worked for me, I have a i3 processor with 4 cores and I always saw only one core being used in the task manager, with this, it uses all four of them, I can now play in Dx9, thanks :grin:

Just adding my voice to say this works like gangbusters. Well done.
  11. Sibilance

Scotterius said:
    I kind of like this idea.  If you could make a persistent camp using the camp menu (that you could possibly upgrade (to say a wooden palisade, or even walls) it could add some to the early game.  I could see this if someone didn't want to serve kings, and wanted to be entirely independent before picking a direction for the end game.  It might be fun against the jatu, as a point of operation too.

Agree. It could be too powerful easily, but I'd love to see this concept implemented in a good polished elegant way.
  12. Sibilance

News: 1.34 feature - Project Coastal Assault

Mmmmm. What a lovely piece of eye candy. I love this so hard. Great job, this is a real sexy layer of polish. Rowr. :mrgreen:
  13. Sibilance

Although it's not independent of towns like you asked for, buying a business allows you to stuff some items in their inventories by talking to your man. POP also offers another slightly more creative storage opportunity, although it takes a little cunning to figure it out...
  14. Sibilance

Is there a way to remap the in-battle voice cues for 'Archers!' and such?

So rename the "Infantry" call to "Archers1m.ogg", same to the Archers .ogg files to Cavalry1/2/3m.ogg, and so forth? That would be a partial solution, I suppose, but I'd be stuck without a keybind for "Cavalry" on 4 or "Everyone" on 1. What's the occult option, decompile the mod and fiddle with the code? If it's a text tweak or something I might be capable of pulling it off.

I would bet I'm not the only one with this admittedly self-imposed problem. Maybe I should just get with the binds of the times... :???:
  15. Sibilance

Improving party speed

Asphe said:
    Well adding horseys to inventory helps at first, I used a '1 horsey per 6 inventory items' rule of thumb but a horsey is also counted as an item. i.e. a completely empty inventory means faster speed than one full of horses. In any case, the effect on a campaign army drops as the army's size goes up. Once I hit a near 100 size party, I BBQ the horseys.

I'm starting to get superstitious about this whole pile of tomfoolery, and would love to see some contemporary numbers for Warband's packhorse speed scaling. I took the 'six horses, six, all the time, and merchant the hell out of every bag of salt in Pendor' approach, and I thought the horses used to boost my speed earlier in the game, but now I have a mixed party of 104 cav and foot and I'd swear now that Armagan modded the horsey bonus out. You may have hit the nail on the head here, Asphe.

*gets the sazon salt rub and hickory chips*
  16. Sibilance

Is there a way to remap the in-battle voice cues for 'Archers!' and such?

I've stubbornly stuck to the oldschool M&B number row layout of 1 for Everyone, 2 for Infantry, et cetera. However, triggering these binds still yields POP's 'Infantry!' on 1, 'Archers!' on 2, and so forth. It's a wee little zany bug that I'd like to quash. I like to laugh it away by thinking...
  17. Sibilance

How to siege against D'Shar?

Camcolit said:
    Here's a guy after getting knocked out by a warhammer. Luckily he wasn't hit with an arrow and was ok for the next battle.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Historical forensics is fun. :grin:
  18. Sibilance

Probably need to branch this off into another thread for Elfchat if this keeps up, I'm still hoping Saxondragon will show up for some answers and updates and put us back on track :lol:
  19. Sibilance

reconciling anatomical accuracy with camera perspective distortion[an anlysis]

johncage said:
    yo know what? instead of a longer femur, maybe just add a pelvic section in there. it would fix the issue of players twisting their waist all weird when they turn on horseback or sometimes when they're swinging weapons.

Hear hear. I count myself happy that this thread has been necro'd, it's every bit as perceptive and well-reasoned as when it was first presented. :grin:
  20. Sibilance

A tribute to Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Dreadfully sorry. She was a shining intellect here. I will miss her.
Back
Top Bottom