Search results for query: *

• Users: Ambaryerno
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Ambaryerno

Combat Tweaks

Clearly, certain features (or lack thereof) in the combat system has proven to be a rather hot-button topic for some players. Having played a number of different games in similar genres, including the original M&B (I miss the days when the Nords were the best infantry AND the second-best...
  2. Ambaryerno

Ridiculously Slow Block Recovery

Not sure if this has been posted before, but: Under Native, blocking an incoming attack provides a reasonable window to follow-up a with counterattack. Under Floris, however, whenever blocking with a weapon there's a RIDICULOUS amount of lag between releasing the block key and your character...
  3. Ambaryerno

Caravans

I know there's a LOT of talk about the tournaments, but I thought I'd bring up something I find equally, if not more, annoying: Caravans. Is it just me, or is caravan raiding just NOT worth it in Brytenwalda? There's three things I've noticed consistently about raiding caravans: 1) You always...
  4. Ambaryerno

Getting Moronic Allies to Form Up

I was just curious what the criteria are to get allies to actually join your formations when you're in a fight. I can't tell you HOW many times I've watched them charge into the middle of a fight and get slaughtered, while my forces, even though they're very heavy with low-tier troops, (because...
  5. Ambaryerno

Adding "Equipment" Slots?

Is it possible to modify the number of equipment slots? For example: In Brytenwalda a cloak takes up the Head slot, meaning you can't equip both a helm and a cloak at the same time. However the Equipment section of the inventory screen conveniently has blank spots above and below the Hand slot...
  6. Ambaryerno

NWN-style DM Client and PW Hosting

I've checked in on a few other mods with this and got plenty of information, but thought I'd now make a general board post: I play on a NWN2 persistent world that is considering making a change to Warband, as many of its mechanics would greatly benefit the server. On behalf of the staff there...
  7. Ambaryerno

Suggestions: Swinging Spears and Springing Steps

I've greatly enjoyed the mod. This is always a setting that's fascinated me, and I love Anglo-Saxon-period weaponry and armor. I did want to see about the possibility of a couple things: 1) Enable the ability to swing a spear when using it with a shield. Real spear and shield fighting very much...
  8. Ambaryerno

MORE siege broken-ness

So I'm leading a series of attacks on Vaegir castles and towns along the sea coast after a long and bloody battle I led the Nord faction to seize another castle (the last one along the sea before you arrive in the snow field area). With 18 men left in my party, I decided to camp out and heal up...
  9. Ambaryerno

Jeirbe Siege Broken

I recently besieged the Vaegir castle of Jeirbe (border of Vaegirs and Swadia). This siege uses a tower. So I get my tower built and begin the assault, to find that the tower is already in position on the castle wall. No biggie, I've seen this before on one of the Khergit strongholds and took...
  10. Ambaryerno

Tweak War Declarations

I've recently decided to play with a new character in the Nords faction and give my main one a rest (too powerful. It's boring cutting through enemy soldiers like butter) for a bit. Currently, we're at war with Vaegirs and Khergits. WTF? We don't even share a BORDER with the Kerghits. And of...
  11. Ambaryerno

Quest for Glory: Call of Avoozl

This is a concept/information gathering/interest generating post for a mod based on Sierra's Quest for Glory It's overshadowed a bit by Sierra's better-known King's Quest series, but in its day QfG may have been the best, and certainly was one of the most unique adventure games available...
  12. Ambaryerno

Night...

Ok, ran the search this time, and nothing recognizably similar, at least going back as far as 2006, so here goes... Currently, the only difference between day and night I've noticed is: 1) Visibility is reduced (especially using the HDR mod, where it's almost pitch-black on reduced gamma) 2)...
  13. Ambaryerno

A Bloody Mess....

I'm sure this has probably been suggested before but.... What about dismemberment? Hands, arms, heads, legs. Hit a target area with an edged weapon (sword, axe, etc) delivering sufficient damage and you can take that body part off. Can also be extended to horses (cut the legs out from...
  14. Ambaryerno

Terrain in Battle

After having played through several versions since 8.something, I've noticed a pretty glaring flaw that STILL has yet to be corrected: In battle, people and horses are able to move across terrain that, quite frankly, should be just about IMPASSABLE. Case in point: Today I was riding to the...
  15. Ambaryerno

Suggestion for a VAST improvement in one feature of the game....

NO MORE @$%& BOWS IN TOURNAMENTS!!!! I'm sorry, but it's COMPLETELY ridiculous having bows in the tournaments, especially when your tourney gear is (completely non-historically) randomly assigned. I'm not exaggerating, but in EVERY tourney I've fought in the last 2-3 rounds I end up stuck as...
  16. Ambaryerno

Most Lopsided Odds?

So what's the worst odds you've fought against in a single battle in the Native campaign? Battlesizer is allowed. Tonight I had just taken a Vaegier castle in the extremely short war between Swadia and Vaegiers (no more than a couple days in game time). I already have numerous territories...
  17. Ambaryerno

Numerous Thoughts and Suggestions

I'm sure/wouldn't be surprised if some of these have been asked before, but figured I'd go ahead and put them up in case they're scattered across several threads: 1. Terrain impact on unit movement -- I really don't get the sense that terrain has enough impact on units. I've been...
Back
Top Bottom