Search results for query: *

1. MattoBro

What are your top 5 favorite units?

No particular order, just my top 5. Love them all equally for the most part.
    1- D'Shar Djaha Archers: Happened upon a lord with 20 of these prisoner in my current game and they instantly grew on me. Very solid part of the archery line, liking them more over the Ravenstern rangers actually. Better melee proficiency and a sabre/shield combo has made them pretty deadly in melee too unlike most rangers who die from their slow greatswords. Rival Rangers on the marksmanship also, they actually feel like they get more kills.
    2- Rogue Blackhearts: Awesome jack of all trade heavy knights. Always happy to have a group of these cost efficient dudes.
    3- Ebony Gauntlet Polehammers: Very badass looking prisoner takers! Absolute damage soaking tanks too even without the shield. Mainly like them for their look.
    4- Jatu Raiders: Love them for putting them in a seperate horse archer group to harass and charge from the side or behind in combat. Absolutely deadly when used right, more cost/training efficient then their lancer brethren too. Don't even upgrade to the lancers when I get these.
    5- Vanskerry warriors (Morghs edited without horse/3.611): Amazing merc infantry with great throwing weapons, sprinkle them in my inf line whenever I can so I can pepper the enemy charge before it hits. Get a fair few kills with their two handed axes also.
  2. MattoBro

Lore question

saerossaeros said:
    I've noticed the threads here tend to revolve around numbers and game mechanics, but there's something about the lore that has been bugging me since the latest release.

Why do Vanskerries have horses now? I assumed their islands had only rocks and sadness. How do they even fit those in their raiding longships?

Yeah this confused me also. It was the one change I didn't like out of every one that has been made this patch, so much that I just morghs edited away the horse from the warriors, it was immersion breaking and balance breaking for me IMO seeing them magically start using horses for some reason. They went from a solid mercenary melee troop with nice throwing that gave you a reason to recruit Raiders into a mediocre horse unit with weapons entirely not suited for fighting on horseback that I just passed over everytime I saw them in a prisoner train.

Before someone says it yes I could of dismounted them with battle commands but the fact they're cavalry group default in the first place guaranteed a horse was just very frustrating. FIghting vanskerries was one of the few parties where you wouldn't have to deal with random horsemen charging towards you and last patch took that out of the mix.
  3. MattoBro

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Anakin0094 said:
    Have something weird with my game. I have 2 seperate saved games ( characters) and in one of them NPC's face textures are quite normal there doesnt seem to be any problem at all. However, in the second one almost every(excluding companions and some lords) NPC's face is exactly the same and very disturbingly ugly. Women on the other hand are bald but doesnt have that ugly face. What could be causing it, is there any solution i could apply?

Also, when i start another new game faces are sometimes back to normal and when i start another sometimes they are back to those ugly ones. Very strange eyebrows as if they were pulled upwards and head is like pressed from each side and no hair.

I hope i was clear, excuse me for any typos, errors. :oops:

Thanks. :smile:

It's the special "Habsburg mode" easter egg!

But seriously, I believe that is a error that can randomly happen to saved games and new game's alike quite rarely. Unfortunately the only known solution is to start another new game until the faces return to normal, non "Hills Have Eyes" mode  :lol:
  4. MattoBro

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Slave traders will offer you Red Fletchers in a dialogue occasionally, but give you Singalian Spearmen instead. Haven't seen if being offered Singalian Spearmen gives you Red Fletchers but worth taking a look at I guess.
  5. MattoBro

3.7061 pre-release discussion

Raviollius said:
    MattoBro said:
    All is good, the merc highlanders now upgrade directly to their ravenstern counterpart. Much more logical IMO, as now the Highlanders aren't as easy to get, yet still obtainable unlike 3.6xx, meaning the Dragon Drake's have purpose in a players army should they choose to do an all Ravenstern playthrough as I'm doing for this patch  :grin:

Eh, what was that purpose again, since Kierguards got buffed this version?

Admittedly diminished because the Kierguard buff, but a slightly stronger infantry unit to use as flavour in your army if you chose to rock Knights of the Dragon as the primary KO of your character atleast that's how I see it. I always liked to keep a dozen or so in my infantry 3.6xx if I was Ravenstern, point is they were totally irrelevant last patch because you could just upgrade your kierguard straight to the completely superior highlander, nullifying the dragon drake entirely as they have almost no advantage over a highlander especailly cost wise as you're not using prestige for a highlander. Atleast now Highlanders are obtained logically through their merc counterpart.
  6. MattoBro

Raviollius said:
    Aunodin said:
    rammler1991 said:
    Did you change the ravenstern troop-line? it seems that kierguard is stronger now and kierguards can no longer upgrade to kierguard knights

Yea just checked it out in Morghs. I am bummed out about this because I really like the highlanders looks. I guess I will never upgrade my merc highlanders then

Well, crap. i was going to start a game using Ravenstern troops to see the Highlanders in action.

All is good, the merc highlanders now upgrade directly to their ravenstern counterpart. Much more logical IMO, as now the Highlanders aren't as easy to get, yet still obtainable unlike 3.6xx, meaning the Dragon Drake's have purpose in a players army should they choose to do an all Ravenstern playthrough as I'm doing for this patch  :grin:
  7. MattoBro

Thanks so much for all the work you guys continue to put in. Great informative post and can't wait to start a new character tonight for this patch.
  8. MattoBro

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

What troop do Dawn Wyverns train from? Thanks  :smile:
  9. MattoBro

Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Fierdsvain, because they suit your infantry style of play very well. They almost hate horses as much as you! Leadership for companion lords. Custom Knighthood order should be some sort of offspring or sister order to the Forlorn Hope, in both style of combat and lore. with similar armour but maybe some sort of polearm as the primary rather then a greatsword? Sergeants could be crossbow, throwing or bow, something ranged to compliment the frontline knights.
  10. MattoBro

How do you feel about the new look of the Ancient Engraved Shield?

I think it's excellent. Much better then the old asset. Only if it looked more metallic would be my only complaint.
  11. MattoBro

POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

Small correction to the OP, you still can't recruit Vanskerry Jarls and the vast majority of Knighthood orders from prisoner trains. Most other things appear spot on though.
  12. MattoBro

M0rdred said:
    Question; do the descriptions give too much away? I wanted to use them as kind of a synopsis but I'm worried that they might give up part of what is happening. Should they just be generic?

Hmm I can see the point argued but personally I find the little synopsis helps to prime me for what to expect in the episode, a kind of "I wonder what will occur to lead up to this" kind of thing. Idk, It's not that big of a thing that I'd complain about seeing it go but they haven't bothered me  :smile:
  13. MattoBro

Very interesting to hear this grouping limitation. I usually assign certain troops to fodder if they're weaklings that i want to protect before they train up, aswell as putting lighter, faster cavalry and bow using cavalry into a combined horse archer group, so far haven't seen too much unusual stuff.

Just caught up on the last few episodes though and speaking of troops those Iron Circle dudes certainly showed Klaus what for lol, insanely tough nuts to crack. Incidentally the very first lord I befriended in my 3.7 game was Agatheon Legatus, the man to field those monstrosities.  :mrgreen:
  14. MattoBro

MitchyMatt said:
    MattoBro said:
    Bug with 3.705. Told Maltise to be banished to her homeland forever in return for giving me her armour, she said yes and went off. 2 days later her and the dread legion return to the map. Intended?
    Screens:
    Proof of respawn
    I1T2KeO.jpg

Me wearing Asp Armour to prove i chose the option:
    z5Ced5E.jpg

EDIT: Another bug, released King Ulric for his "sword" and received nothing in my inventory. No Sword or his lance.

The only way to get Unique Spawns to stop is to kill them.

Ulric doesn't have a unique sword only a lance. The threshold might be that the faction leader in question needs 5-6 fiefs (walled towns/castles) in their kingdom, to get that dialogue when releasing them.

Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't get his lance either though, nothing resulted from the dialogue despite him saying he would pass on the weapon to me :/ His last town was under siege when the dialogue happened, maybe that screwed with it.
  15. MattoBro

Draenor said:
    MattoBro said:
    Okay two questions:
    1. is this a new knighthood order? Some random Fierdsvain lord founded them in his castle. Or can the AI make their own CKO now?
    1Mt9Sjr.jpg
    2. To unlock the achievements for defeating various armies, do I need to instigate the fight rather then jumping in on a side? Thanks.

1.: This was possible in the previous version as well its nothing new.
    They have no quests however, but they spawn patrols.
    2.: Yes.

Oh well I never actually saw an AI CKO playing 3.6, after googling their name though i found some threads about it should of done it beforehand  :lol: cheers
  16. MattoBro

Okay two questions:
    1. is this a new knighthood order? Some random Fierdsvain lord founded them in his castle. Or can the AI make their own CKO now?
    1Mt9Sjr.jpg
    2. To unlock the achievements for defeating various armies, do I need to instigate the fight rather then jumping in on a side? Thanks.
  17. MattoBro

Bug with 3.705. Told Maltise to be banished to her homeland forever in return for giving me her armour, she said yes and went off. 2 days later her and the dread legion return to the map. Intended?
    Screens:
    Proof of respawn
    I1T2KeO.jpg

Me wearing Asp Armour to prove i chose the option:
    z5Ced5E.jpg

EDIT: Another bug, released King Ulric for his "sword" and received nothing in my inventory. No Sword or his lance.
  18. MattoBro

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

So was perusing the 3.704 changelog and saw this;
    Vanskerry warrior now always spawns with a horse.

Interested to hear the reasoning behind that? This will shake up fighting Vanskerries and using them, big time.
  19. MattoBro

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Maybe next version should go up on Mediafire?
  20. MattoBro

Big thanks to PoP team

Already thanked in the suggestions but def worth doing again here. Thanks so much for all the work and the painstakingly crafted world you guys have all made over the years. Hundreds of my warband hours are solely on this mod, much more then all the other modules ive played combined. I bought Warband for this above anything else! :mrgreen:
Back
Top Bottom