Search results for query: *

• Users: hrotha
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. hrotha

Screen freezes

With the latest update, I've finally been able to put my textures at 100% on MP and play for some 25 minutes without a problem, but then the screen started to freeze. To be more precise, it alternates back and forth between two frames. Alt-tabbing fixes it, but then I'll get a freeze again...
  2. hrotha

Real System Requirements?

This is something I've asked a couple of times but which I haven't seen addressed yet: what are the REAL system requirements of Viking Conquest? When all the optimization, bug fixes and memory leaks are out of the way, what kind of computer can we expect to be able to run this smoothly...
  3. hrotha

Old East Slavic Fix for Vikingr 1.0

OLD EAST SLAVIC FIX for VIKINGR 1.0 This completely optional, 100% compatible fix corrects the class names of the Rus faction by using proper early Old East Slavic forms. In addition, the font has been tweaked slightly to improve the appearance of the special characters needed for these Old...
  4. hrotha

A Guide to Organizing a Historical Event

DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended mostly for people who have no experience organizing and running big events. If you already know what organizing a Víkingr event entails, the only lesson you need to bring home from this guide is that you should feel free to approach us with your idea. You can...
  5. hrotha

PREVIOUS EVENT: Dněprŭ (May 18th)

"There shall be great thunder, there shall be rain with arrows from the great Dnieper. The grass bends in sorrow, and the tree is bowed down to earth by woe."                                                                                                         Not long after our Kĭnyazĭ...
  6. hrotha

Early Rusĭ Names

EARLY RUSĬ NAMES Princess Olĭga This is a compilation of attested early Rusĭ names, drawn from two main primary sources: The Russian Primary Chronicle The Novgorod birch bark documents And from one main secondary source: A Dictionary of Period Russian Names Many of these names are only...
  7. hrotha

If you're having ping issues on Hildileikr

For the past few months, a not insignificant number of players have been experiencing ping issues on Hildileikr. Typically, what happens is that they'll have abnormally high pings (from 70-90 to 160-300 in my case) for long periods of time. These aren't ping spikes: once they occur, they can...
  8. hrotha

Vikingr 1.0 - Download Thread

Brief Overview After more than two years since the release of the first version the Vikingr development team is proud to present the final form of Vikingr 1.0. In the attempt to represent a wide selection of the old northern European peoples the Engle, Normant, Rus and Goídil have received a...
  9. hrotha

SKATTR – help keep Víkingr running

Dear stinking turds, For over two years now, the community has pitched in to fund the official Víkingr server, first Hrafnabjóðr and then HILDILEIKR, allowing us all to spend many hours every day (and on special events) playing this fantastic mod which the developers so generously put so much...
  10. hrotha

Post-event analysis and critique

The event is done, and now it's time to reflect on what worked and what didn't, and on what should be changed for the next one. The organizers will probably be different people next time, and they shouldn't have to start from scratch, possibly repeating some of the same mistakes. The most...
  11. hrotha

Battle of Brūnanburh [old thread]

[This thread contains all the old and obsolete posts which have been split from the Battle of Brūnanburh event thread. Sign-ups and discussion will proceed in original thread]
  12. hrotha

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

BATTLE OF BRŪNANBURH A.D. 927 A.D. 937 A decade after the kings and princes of Britain had to recognize Æthelstan as their overlord Twelve years have passed since Æthelstan was crowned as king of the West-Saxons, but that was not enough, for his ambition was to rule over the whole of...
  13. hrotha

So you want to bear an authentic Norman name

For many, authentic names are one of the best ways to enhance the level of immersion of Víkingr. An English eorl called Eadric is more believable than one called Tim, a jarl should be Björn rather than hax0r_pwner and we’ll all agree Ualrach is a better Gael name than Celtichugs. Those who want...
Back
Top Bottom