Search results for query: *

1. La Grandmaster

An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

@Dejan, any information if modders will ever have access to shader files (the ability to edit existing ones and add new ones)? Currently this is not possible. This was possible in warband so interested if it would be in bannerlord. These allows modders to make their mods look completely unique, and attract more interest in the game
  2. La Grandmaster

TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

Is there currently anyway to edit the posttfx and shader files in bannerlord? I can see the exact files I want to edit but have no way of accessing there code
  3. La Grandmaster

Suggestion Resource Browser Request for access to shader files

At the moment I see no way to edit the shader files or postfx files for mods (or to add new ones). I have located all the files in the resource browser (and windows explorer) but have no way of accessing and editing the code for these - as they are Tpac files, and the resource browser (and the...
  4. La Grandmaster

An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

If nothing else, I think this at least signals tw still think of modding as an important part of bannerlord. The fact they've already met about this letter is a good sign. I think Ill still personally be holding off modding until the game is out of ea but it seems promising going forward
  5. La Grandmaster

Any plans to do a reckoning overhaul for bannerlord, if modders would be support appropriately by Taleworld? I really enjoyed you mod in warband.
    I would potentially, definitely would like to create something for bannerlord but yeah waiting for it to come out of EA at least. I think I might be a little less ambitious to begin with this time though - The Reckoning was way too big a project for me to do on my own (I was also only 16 when I started it) - hence why it was full of bugs. Glad people remember it/enjoyed it though!
  6. La Grandmaster

This is extremely sad to hear. I made The Reckoning mod (the zombie apocalypse one) for warband and worked on the VC dlc. Mods are what kept Warband alive (The Reckoning had like half a million visits/100,000 downloads and was number 1 on ModDb for a while - and all that was for a 8 year old game at the time) - mods played a big part behind the hype in Bannerlords development and release (and subsequent sales). I have been holding off modding bannerlord until it "settles" a bit so it is sad to hear taleworlds have taken this approach.
  7. La Grandmaster

Shader file downloads?

Is it just me or does the download for the shader files no longer work? http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_shaders.zip Takes me to a bad gateway error
  8. La Grandmaster

The Reckoning Third Stage ver. 1.88 released

The mods looking great Lor Dric, if you ever need any info or anything don't hesitate to ask. Nice work again  :grin:
  9. La Grandmaster

MP Fantasy [WB] Chronicles of Middle Earth (CRP Open World Mod)

So if I understand correctly Teoiss  and PLoTR are accussing you of stealing resources? I dont know if this is true or not (its a common trend in these types of mods so probably pretty likely).

However next time if they do - ask them where they got this oliphant from? And who they think made it?
    20160825225219_1.jpg

Ill tell you who made it - me around 2 years ago,
    I wasnt asked if they could use it, nor was i given any credit or mention, and hence i never gave permission for them to use it.

Lots (not all, but lots) of these small time LoTR mods do the exact same, its common place to steal resources.

There have been so many reincarnations of lord of the rings mods it does my head in, if your going to create a mod why not come up with something unique that stands out on its own - be creative. And if you really must make a lotr mod make something unique that makes your mod different from the army of other LoTR mods out there.

PLoTR do the exact same, they steal resources to make some shoddy ass remake of a mod that has been done a thousand times over.

Rant over  :lol:
  10. La Grandmaster

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Really really nice mandible, great work  :grin:
  11. La Grandmaster

The Reckoning Third Stage ver. 1.88 released

Fantastic work, glad to see someone is keeping the project going. Really love a lot of the changes youve added, i especially like perma death  :grin:
  12. La Grandmaster

particle_systems

Ok so very roughly,

Life = length of effect
    Grav strength = whether it falls to the ground or floats up.
    Alpha keys = how visible it is, whether it is see through or opaque
    Emit box size = the area in which the effect will be spawned. Very small value means it will spawn always in the same spot. Larger values means it will spawn in various places over a larger area. Eg rain or snow will have a large value
    Emit veloc = the speed and direction at which the effect is spawned in
    Emit dir randomness = applies some randomness to the above which is v useful
    Rotation speed = whether the particle rotates or not
    Rotation randomness = again randomises the rotation speed
  13. La Grandmaster

A project I've been working on, all picture taken in M&B and unedited, the effects are done via shaders and give the game an almost hand painted look.

Ships are also all sail-able and react to the waves (e.g in wavy/windy conditions with high waves the ships move up and down with the waves). AI ships do the same, also they sail around and fire at each other and the player.

oGV5vD4.jpg
    AxT3tAW.jpg
    wmxk01j.jpg
    3kXizRf.jpg
    E8UjPUi.jpg
    KVcWyLb.jpg

Currently most of my time is spent creating new ships, if anyone had any ship models they would like to donate Id be very greatful  :lol:
  14. La Grandmaster

kraggrim said:
    Can you show some zoomed in pics?
    Ill post some when i have the textures set up properly, it only uses placeholder textures atm.

Nord Champion said:
    Excellent work! Did you use the cartographer or another method? What mod will it be used for? Looks really great. I look forward to playing on it  :iamamoron:
    I use 3ds max, I have it set up with shaders, materials and textures so that it displays the map the same way as the in game engine does, but you can edit the map in any way you see fit. Theres really not much point in using thorgrims anymore imo, other than a conversion tool.
  15. La Grandmaster

New in game world map I am working on

O6mlxRQ.jpg
    YnvOx4b.jpg
    hGsO4c7.jpg
    qu5HD0A.jpg

It retains detail as well so even when your zoomed in it still looks good

If anyone would like to help with map party placement i would greatly appreciate it  :grin:
  16. La Grandmaster

Fixing a few annoying things.

Very nice work Nohran, i wish you all the best with this  :smile:
  17. La Grandmaster

Banner shader question (SOLVED)

Screenshot your material in open brf - there must be something different with it
  18. La Grandmaster

SP Fantasy FAS.471 mod on episode of works of J. R. R. Tolkien's the Silmarillion

world_silmarillion said:

Settlements now visible only when approached.
    IMHO, I think once discovered, places must remain  visible on the map
    anyway, it's up to you (it's your mod after all)
    You are right, I think I'll have to make a tab with a map in the presentation, where we will see where the cities are located

You could spawn a "fake" map party on top of each town when they are discovered and then rename the fake party so that it has the same name as the town its spawned on top of. The fake map icon would have the "pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_show_faction|pf_label_large" flag while the actual town would have your "pf_is_static|pf_show_faction|pf_label_large". This way towns, once discovered, would remain visible on the map
  19. La Grandmaster

Banastre's Romero Mod / Bleak Outlook

Yeah there wont be anymore updates on the main mod, I havent done much work on it at all as Ive lost interest in it. The whole things OSP for anyone who wants to tho
  20. La Grandmaster

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

sidhos said:
    There is a very long discussion on this topic, way way back on the forums for the original Mount and Blade game.  While it is not realistic to expect a weapon to slice completely through a person and into another person, there is all kinds of scenarios where a weapon can damage more than one person with one swing. You want reality? Well that is reality.  Swing a baseball bat in a crowd and tell me it isn't possible to hit more than one person with, at least, a glancing blow. Pure physics.  Unless you hit the first target at such an angle that the weapon comes to a complete stop, then the weapon will continue to move as long as there is applied force. Deflection.  In a crowded space, a second target may be hit.  Reality. Physics. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As someone else said, wait and see how it is implemented.

As far as what is the "right" way to go, that would be any direction that the developer feels is most beneficial for them.  If they choose to go this direction, then that is what the game has evolved into.  Whatever Bannerlords will be, it will not be the original Mount and Blade.  All things evolve and change.
    I think the reason many people feel it would be unrealistic is that there isnt really any physics for when a hit is made in M&B, if I strike an npc's head the weapon moves straight through it (something it would not do in real life). This is where the problem with multiple hits lies - I dont have a problem with hitting multiple enemies at all - but in my opinion there must be some physics for when a hit is made. Otherwise it would feel as if the weapon is some lightsabre gliding/slicing through multiple enemies as if the were butter. Using your anology if I swing a baseball bat into a crowd it may well hit multiple people, but it would react to each hit it made and alter it momentum and force. But importantly I would feel each hit impact as I am holding the bat - in M&B at the moment you would not feel each hit it would be like swinging through plain air.

If they allow multiple hits they must add physics/collisions to weapons swings in my opinion, its hard to tell from the footage they have released so far but i dont think this happens at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom